• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pet Thread!

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
I do, a male cat Michael Alexander Simon aka Mikey.

wf1hqDt.jpg

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
i don't own any pets myself but my mom owns a cat and a dog. the dog is named tinkerbell and she's almost 14. she's a Chihuahua. and we have a cat named checkers who we rescued from outside as a wild stray. he's about...3 or 4 i think? he's black and white.

Years
I have two cats! A white and black one named TJ and a gray one name Smokey! They get along really well.
I love them both, but TJ is a bit standoffish.

TiredTomboy

Punk Girl Devin
Years
My parents have a farm dog named Ladybug that's a lab x Catahoula mix.

I don't have anything right now myself but I'm thinking of either getting some hissing cockroaches or millipedes soon. Probably millipedes.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I do, a male cat Michael Alexander Simon aka Mikey.

Spoiler:

Absolutely precious with those blue saucer eyes! Is it a Birman? The plush fur, colourpoint coat and wide eyes are similar to that breed.

Anyway, here are my contributions at long last:

Firstly, I can't resist sharing two pics of our own family cat called Stumpy. She was the runt of the litter, a moggie the owners were going to drown. She was with me most of my life, but sadly passed away in 2014 at eighteen years old. A beautiful cat... I miss her. We had three other cats but I don't have access to the photos.

Spoiler:

Next are my two budgies, Phoebe and Blue Boy! My mum bought me Phoebe at the very end of 2014 to help lift my spirits, and it worked like a charm. She is hand-trained and we used to have an inseparable bond. That changed when we introduced Blue Boy in August 2017. We called him that because we'd always promise to get Phoebe a blue boy one day, haha. The two now live together. She prefers him over me these days, not that I blame her. xD

Blue Boy is a sweetie pie, though he doesn't like hands, haha. Super adorable, highly persistent at wooing Phoebe by singing and doing circus tricks! Pulling her tail doesn't win him any favours, though (she then gives his an extra hard yank for good measure!).

Spoiler:

And here we have my sister's guinea pigs! As to be expected, they're funny, plump, irresistibly cuddly, and never stop asking for food! I have a video of them tucking into a salad, sorry about the quality. Apparently we got a "buy one, get two free" deal?Little Blackie was pregnant when we bought her. What a nice surprise! All three are girls.

From left to right: Pandora, Didymus, Little Blackie.

Last but not least, I'll introduce Matthias, named after the mouse hero from Redwall. We have native wild rats living on our property, and one day my mum found Matthias abandoned on the floor. He was naked, blind and deaf, and completely helpless. He was placed under my care, and I immediately bundled him in a soft woollen beanie. None of us thought he would survive, but he sure proved us wrong?even at that tender age, he had an intense will to live.

It was a struggle at the best of times, but with the help of milk formula and a lot of TLC, Matthias made it through his most fragile stage and quickly grew to adulthood! And he sleeps in the same beanie!

I still can't believe how fast he's grown. Though he retains the inbuilt instincts of wild rats, Matthias is more than accustomed to human company. He doesn't bite. Of course, he's constantly itching to be let out his cage, so I rat-proofed a room for him, Phoebe and Blue Boy to run/fly freely around. They love it!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
oh my frick all these cats are SOOO cute

Joining the club!!
Aah i love how our cats are cute twinsies!! (below are pics of my cat, but might as well be yours haha)
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Feast your eyes on the beauty of the Pyrenees Mountain dog, though this picture doesn't even begin to do justice to how lovely my Prince is in person or how fluffy and cuddly his coat is to snuggle against. He's a super smart and alert dog, good at reading people. He's full of empathy and often will just quietly watch you from afar for several minutes before you feel those warm, dark chocolate eyes on you. This was a breed known to lovingly gaurd flocks of sheep in Spain and France in the old days, hence they often have very attentive personalities to those around them. They are good for watching over you, your family, other dogs and especially good at looking after smaller animals-- he gets along great with cats. He's very affectionate and sensitive. Fun fact: His favorite food is cheese.

If you like the Pyrenees then I totally recommend a French movie called Belle & Sebastian about a boy and his Great Pyrenees Belle. It's a wonderful story.

Years
I have one dog who's gonna be 3 next month! Really want another one but don't think it'll happen, one day maybe :/

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Yeah, a cat named Sprinkles. She's about three years old now. We got her at North Shore Animal League the day after Labor Day in September 2015.

Years
Growing up I had a dog, three cats, a frog and a hamster. The frog and the hamster had relatives short lives so I didn't really become emotionally attached to them in any meaningful way.

When I was born, we had two cats: Mao and Pico. Mao passed when I was still a toddler, and Pico passed away a couple years ago, living to be 19ish. When I was around 7 or 8 we got another cat, Quazzie, and 12 years later he's still doing fine.

I got a dog (Toby) when I was around five and he passed away a couple years ago, living to be 12/13ish.

Years
I've decided to revive this thread with a new purpose - posting photos of your pet! :fufu:

vOZasT4.jpg

This is Jasper in his Halloween costume. Spooky, right? :fufu:

Back