• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exiled~Shadow

Once, JJMcay Now Exiled~Shadow
Years
Ok, i'm having a problem with the editor, when ever i try to go up or down the list i get this error:

---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
Exception: NoMethodError

SpriteWindow:17:in `pbGetDecisionSE'

SpriteWindow:1477:in `update'

SpriteWindow:1665:in `update'

SpriteWindow:2408:in `update'

EditorMain:28:in `pbEditorMenu'

EditorMain:27:in `loop'

EditorMain:39:in `pbEditorMenu'

EditorMain:26:in `loop'

EditorMain:94:in `pbEditorMenu'

EditorMain:101

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

but it dosnt happen when i press enter to use the SET TERRAIN TAGS...
it is realy stopping my process in advancing with my game. any solutions??

also, i REALY NEED A PROGRAM TO MAKE TILESET'S WITH!!! if any1 has one or know's where to find one either,

Post a quote in this thread

PM me (Prefferd)

or E-mail me at: [email protected]

all help is appreciated!

ok, i had this error a looonng time ago and it never realy got fixed,l but i was on the RMXP site looking for the RTP when i saw there were patches. so i was wondering if poccil had the patches installed when he made the kit and would the fact that i dont have thoses patches be the problem.

Here is a pic of the error in action:
error-1.png

=====================================================================================

ALL help is appreciated!
thanks for any help!

Last edited:

fudgy

so i herd you liek mudkipz?
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
stupid tiles >:|

well i have some custom tiles i have made (like 4) and then i have another by kyledove or someone (dp tiles?) and here is what i want the outcome to be.
see image below
Spoiler:

but instead i get ugly spaces and alot more unatractive outcomes...

this is the thing i am importing...yea i know its wrong, and idk how to organize this or make my custom tiles work :(

here are my custom tiles that i want to show up perfectly.
see images below
Spoiler:

and this is how i put mine and kyledoves tiles togeather on one tile sheet but it shows up really crappy...
see image below
Spoiler:

Last edited:

fudgy

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
dude there not stupid there realy cool! it makes me wanna change form Honenn to Sinoh buildings!

i never said it was stupid....please actually read my post and problem -_-...
i said it shows up really bad with white lines, and black and white all over it and stuff like that -_- which makes it really stupid and ugly ={

fudgy

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
sorry i thaught you ment they looked stupid not because they had lines on them... no hard feelings?

lol ya no hard feelings =] but ya i need helpz. or something....so ya im making more tiles so i need some one to help figure this out fast =O

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
ok, i had this error a looonng time ago and it never realy got fixed,l but i was on the RMXP site looking for the RTP when i saw there were patches. so i was wondering if poccil had the patches installed when he made the kit and would the fact that i dont have thoses patches be the problem.

Here is a pic of the error in action:
error-1.png

=====================================================================================

ALL help is appreciated!
thanks for any help!

i believe that this error was fixed about two or three updates ago >.>

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
lol ya no hard feelings =] but ya i need helpz. or something....so ya im making more tiles so i need some one to help figure this out fast =O

well, MOST tileset generators SUCK. they make the part that you plan to make clear, several different shades of white, so it doesn't turn completely clear, you wined up with a bunch of white gunk all over it, if you have the links to the other parts for the tileset, i'll make it for you.

aslo, Does anyone know how to make an item call a common event? (and does anyone have any mini games for the sk X3)

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
yaoimutt:

To make an item that calls a common event, you can use the following script function. Assume that the item "MYITEM" is defined in the items.txt file like this:

Code:
505,MYITEM,MY ITEM,5,0,"My item",2,0
Assume that 10 is the common event ID to call.

Code:
ItemHandlers.addUseInField(:MYITEM, proc {
  $game_temp.common_event_id = 10
  next true
})

ItemHandlers.addUseFromBag(:MYITEM, proc {
  next 2
})

fudgy

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2010
well, MOST tileset generators SUCK. they make the part that you plan to make clear, several different shades of white, so it doesn't turn completely clear, you wined up with a bunch of white gunk all over it, if you have the links to the other parts for the tileset, i'll make it for you.

aslo, Does anyone know how to make an item call a common event? (and does anyone have any mini games for the sk X3)

tile set generator?...i just used photoshop and created the tiles (32x32, then some recolered versions of kyledoves sets) then put them togeather....so what should i do pm u all the images er what?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
fudgy: make sure there are no gaps between each 32x32 tile. Oh, and don't put them sideways, they won't work like that.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
tile set generator?...i just used photoshop and created the tiles (32x32, then some recolered versions of kyledoves sets) then put them togeather....so what should i do pm u all the images er what?

i thought you said you put them togeather using a generatoer. o.0,

i guess i didn't understand the problem, anyway, yes, you can pm the images to me if you want me to make the tileset for you.

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2009
Hi, I'm just a beginner and when I try to test play the game it says:
''failed to create process'' can some1 plz help me?

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2009
I can't find the script you have to change,
so you can change the pokemon the girl gives you
can some1 plz help me???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back