• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where Legends Were Born (Legendary Pokemon)

How often do you use Legendary Pokemon in Competitive Battling?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Libre the Zapdos huh? Interesting nickname I think. She's been captured and is under your name ;)

Don't get me wrong, Zapdos is my favorite now of the trio, it used to be Moltres for the longest time however.

What is it that you hate so much about Articuno anyhow? :O If Articuno really did exist and was the only Pokemon, would you at least capture/train it for yourself or is she that hated by the mR? lol

Thanks! :)

It's not I hate her. It's just I don't like her (and for some instance, I imagine Articuno as a girl)

144.gif

I mean, first time I used it, I ended up replacing it with a Cloyster since that guy has way more to offer. Even if it was the only existing pokemon, IRL, I would not catch it. Hey, don't want to mess around with the legendary pokemons.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Sweet, thanks bro.

Regarding Articuno though I wish it got access to moves like Surf or Air Slash as well during 4th gen, at least it makes a good Dragonite counter and decent for setting up dual screens as well due to its special defense but besides from the dual screens set with Ice Beam and Roost/Toxic/Fly as its 4th move I wish it could do a tad more in all honesty but at least unlike some other Pokes I won't mention in fear of getting lynch mobbed it's capable of at least 1 or maybe even 2 somewhat decent sets imo.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Thanks! :)

It's not I hate her. It's just I don't like her (and for some instance, I imagine Articuno as a girl)

144.gif

I mean, first time I used it, I ended up replacing it with a Cloyster since that guy has way more to offer. Even if it was the only existing pokemon, IRL, I would not catch it. Hey, don't want to mess around with the legendary pokemons.
Well I call them all her because it's easier than saying 'it' all the time haha

Articuno's movepool is heavingly horrible. All she can learn are Ice moves pretty much...with Roost.

Don't want to mess around with the Legendary Pokemon? Mm..not necessarily. I would do everything to hold on to Latias, Mew or Celebi. ;)

So leads us to another question. Why not use Moltres?

Sweet, thanks bro.

Regarding Articuno though I wish it got access to moves like Surf or Air Slash as well during 4th gen, at least it makes a good Dragonite counter and decent for setting up dual screens as well due to its special defense but besides from the dual screens set with Ice Beam and Roost/Toxic/Fly as its 4th move I wish it could do a tad more in all honesty but at least unlike some other Pokes I won't mention in fear of getting lynch mobbed it's capable of at least 1 or maybe even 2 somewhat decent sets imo.
That could be the reason why Articuno has it's movepool the way it is. She's good with her Defensive stats, specialize more in Special Defense.

Might be one of those 'Umbreon' versions of the Legendary..

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Again I wish the movepool was better myself honestly but at least it can pull off a pseudo staller or support player role too lol.

The one legendary I wouldn't want to mess with under any circumstances would have to be Deoxys S just due to it being so fast it literally can't be seen, that **** be scary yo lol.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Again I wish the movepool was better myself honestly but at least it can pull off a pseudo staller or support player role too lol.

The one legendary I wouldn't want to mess with under any circumstances would have to be Deoxys S just due to it being so fast it literally can't be seen, that **** be scary yo lol.
Why not ask the question for a new topic..

NEW TOPIC:
Which Legendary Pokemon wouldn't you want to mess with?

I'd have to go with either Rayquaza or Deoxys. The rivalry between the two in the anime/movie proves it all.

'There's a lot more to be frightened by when Deoxys shows up and takes control of the city, shutting down the machines and taking everyone captive. One Pokémon that is not amused is the Legendary Rayquaza, and it will do whatever it takes to remove this invader from its territory' -Destiny Deoxys Movie

Last edited:
Years
Name: Cirno
Partner Pokemon: Shaymin! :D

I'd definitely never want to mess with Rayquaza... it's enormous and could gobble me up in an instant with that mouth. >:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Lol I thought you would be in charge of the questions in all honesty lol.

Besides from Deoxys S though, I'd also have to say Mewtwo due to well.....this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaSLyS3GRLk
Warning, not for the faint of heart lol.
Nope, anyone can make a topic as long as it's about any Legendary Pokemon whatsoever (You gain a 5 point boost doing so as well!)

lol not a big fan of fanmade videos like that but that was cool. Mewtwo FTW!

Name: Cirno
Partner Pokemon: Shaymin! :D

I'd definitely never want to mess with Rayquaza... it's enormous and could gobble me up in an instant with that mouth. >:
Welcome to the club!! Just Shaymin? No nickname?

Yes, Rayquaza and with its enormous speed, might as well let him get ya! lol

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Years
So leads us to another question. Why not use Moltres?

Moltres is decent enough for a legendary, but the 4x weakness to rock is pretty much undesirable. :\

on topic, i would not want to mess around with Arceus, and the creation trio (Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina) I mean, look. You mess with them, they mess with everything. Including time and space.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Moltres is decent enough for a legendary, but the 4x weakness to rock is pretty much undesirable. :\

on topic, i would not want to mess around with Arceus, and the creation trio (Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina) I mean, look. You mess with them, they mess with everything. Including time and space.
You're talking about the entire Galaxy, I was referring to just to a single person LOL That is correct!

ANOTHER UPDATE:
I have installed Questionnaires! Be sure to keep an eye out for each questions! First one to get it right gets the bonus! There is a catch though, once you answer one correctly, you cannot answer the next TWO questions. So therefore

EXAMPLE:

Winner- Sector
Winner- C8
Winner- Miltank
Winner- Sector

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Years
Now we are talking about quizzes.

We are talking about episodes, so the movie the Power of one is not counted, and the cameo it had in Zoroark: Master of Illusions

A giant moltres appeared in the Island of Giant Pokemon
It also appeared in All Fired Up and the Search of the Legend.
He also appeared in Fortune hunters as James "inner self"

good course is bulbapedia.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Now we are talking about quizzes.

We are talking about episodes, so the movie the Power of one is not counted, and the cameo it had in Zoroark: Master of Illusions

A giant moltres appeared in the Island of Giant Pokemon
It also appeared in All Fired Up and the Search of the Legend.
He also appeared in Fortune hunters as James "inner self"

good course is bulbapedia.
I was referring to the episodes, you are correct! LOL

This is making me want to watch Pokemon the Movie 2000 again :( I haven't seen it in so long, let alone do I have it anymore..

My PotW Pictures:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Lol I thought you would be in charge of the questions in all honesty lol.

Besides from Deoxys S though, I'd also have to say Mewtwo due to well.....this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaSLyS3GRLk
Warning, not for the faint of heart lol.

Erghh.... I hate stuff like that, with the blood and guts and stuff. The music wasn't fighting at all though

Anyway, back on topic. I'd be scared to death of Arceus, despite how much I hate it. The Jewel of Life movie is my explaination.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Unsure on how many people play TGC these days but let's have some fun

If you play or pretend that you were to play/collect. We will go through each Legendary for fun so get ready to play some Cards! (Somewhat LOL)

1) Which Moltres Card would you use for your deck?
2) Which card would be your favorite to collect and show off to your buddies!
3) Favorite Design?
4) Any that you actually own?
Spoiler:

miltankRancher

Years
I had all my TCG given away to my cousin. :\ Is this all the Moltres card available? If it is, then I own no Moltres card, because nothing rings a bell.

If I were to use one of those, I will probably be using the Nintendo Black Star Promos, one with the Flame Gift. Because I love ex Pokemon.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I had all my TCG given away to my cousin. :\ Is this all the Moltres card available? If it is, then I own no Moltres card, because nothing rings a bell.

If I were to use one of those, I will probably be using the Nintendo Black Star Promos, one with the Flame Gift. Because I love ex Pokemon.
Officially yeah. I looked through Mewtwo's card and they don't have two of his 'Base' Cards from back in Generation 1...maybe because they were remade into a a different card for a later packs. So it's either 1 or 2 are missing from the Base set or that's all of 'em.

I've owned three of Moltres' card. The 2nd to last, with Scorching Wings, and the one with Hyper Flame at 70HP from the 'Base' set and have/had used the one with Dive Bomb/Wildfire (2nd card).

ARTICUNO!!
mR's favorite Pokemon...nah not really ;)

Honestly I don't mind Articuno all that much, but when using in competitive battle, Zapdos would be a wiser choice. Articuno is more of a staller than a sweeper of any form. Welcome Articuno to the fold!

144.png
144.png
144.gif
144.gif
144.gif

TGC's
Spoiler:

I've owned the one with Diamond Dust attack from the 'Base Set,' as well as the first two Cards.

The Diamond Dust one was my favorite card back in the TGC day when it first came out. It was very effective with its ability to either paralyze the opponent or do damage to ALL of the Pokemon in the bench.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back