• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Average age?

Years
I have been playing ever since I got my hands on a Gameboy Color... I'll be 19 in the summer. I think
that a massive amount of younger kids play Pokemon, but I think there is also a rising number of young adults still playing these games. I would like to see a rise in younger adults playing, and maybe for the franchise to start shifting its audience? Am I asking too much... probably yes, but it would be awesome.

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2013
Back when HG / SS came out I wore the pokewalker every where, I had to pick my boy up from school one day and he was embarrassed that I was wearing it even though it is his fault that I got into it. :laugh:

Awesome to know there's a mum out there playing pokemon ;)

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
Years
I'mma turn 22 by June 20, and been playing since Yellow Version, back in Elementary School. Playing Pokémon has gotten me some awesome, and not-so-awesome experiences in real life. I've met friends, bros, some distanced-but-still-great gfs... and well, one person in particular that kept me going through life and its harsh times.

I'm proud of playing, at whatever age I have, had and WILL have.

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2020
I'll be turning 16 in June and I've been playing since I was really young. My first game was Pokemon Yellow. :P

Years
Wow, we have a lot of older fans here! That's awesome. I turned 22 last month and have been a fan since I was 8/9~ <3;

Years
Im 13 and ive liked pokemon ever since i was able to understand what they said in the anime on tv. Now im more into the games though.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Been playing since... lets see... 3?

And I am 15 now.(coming 16 in 2 months!)

Jomu

center of the stage
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2013
I played my first Pokemon game when I was 5.

Couldn't stop then, and I'm 14 as of this post.

Thrash

Feebas Führer
Years
I'll be an adult in a couple months. I'm seventeen now and I've been playing Pokémon since I was a mere four years old. I attribute my early-age reading to playing Pokémon,

Years
Played Pokemon on and off for about 5 years...started in August 2008 at the unimpressive age of 11 :P I'm 16 now, just sayin'.

I think as evidenced by Youtube, VGCs, etc. it's shown that there is no median age for Pokemon fans. There's fans of this franchise that are 5, 15, 25 years old, and even older.

Back