• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin

rigbycwts

Hmm, hmm.
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2019
Encountering a wild Pokemon in the Safari Zone results in this error:
Spoiler:

Also, it will be more complete if there is something like this everytime an Ability is activated:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 27, 2015
I have a question regarding the gif to png program.
I used the X and Y animated sprites on it but after I placed them in game, The Legendary sprites especially, but most of the sprites are so big they expand over the screen.
Do I need to do anything else after I convert the gifs?

Erassus

I'm back.
Years
I have a problem with the fonts, i'm using the default fonts of Essentials (Power Green, etc) but in the battle still showing "?" and not the correct gender symbol. What font i need to set?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Encountering a wild Pokemon in the Safari Zone results in this error:
I've mentioned several times already that I'm still working on the Safari Zone compatibility. Yes, SZ is not currently supported, but will be some time in the near future.
I used the X and Y animated sprites on it but after I placed them in game, The Legendary sprites especially, but most of the sprites are so big they expand over the screen.
The converter works as intended, and there are no additional steps required to make it work. I designed the system for the gen 5 sprites. It's not my problem that the sprites you are trying to use are too large for the screen. Use smaller sprites.
I have a problem with the fonts, i'm using the default fonts of Essentials (Power Green, etc) but in the battle still showing "?" and not the correct gender symbol. What font i need to set?
I'm using the default fonts of Essentials as well. Along with the dozen other people who are using this system, and no one has had that issue.

rigbycwts

Hmm, hmm.
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2019
I've mentioned several times already that I'm still working on the Safari Zone compatibility. Yes, SZ is not currently supported, but will be some time in the near future.
Sorry, my bad. Didn't notice it. That aside, I think that this add-on is great, and keep it up! :D

Hope to see the "animation" when an Ability is activated. (Something like "Gyarados's Intimidate!" appearing upon its activation)

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
Just a small question on the script.

Would it be possible to change the sprite being used during an attack, like in Gen 6 Pokémon games when the Pokémon has a separate attack animation. (e.g. Greninja going from standing still to throwing water shurikens).
I'm guessing this would be called through a form change, but I have little scripting knowledge and am not sure how you would do this.

Also, loving the script. Best thing on Essentials I've seen in months, keep up the good work!

Erassus

I'm back.
Years
I'm using the default fonts of Essentials as well. Along with the dozen other people who are using this system, and no one has had that issue.

I found the solution, it's happens when the browser is not enabled the unicode, so to copy and paste the script, means "?" instead of the gender unicode symbol.

View attachment 74706

If anyone having this problem, in the line 144, 146, 180, 182, of the PokeBattle_UI you need to check

Spoiler:

for

and change the "?" for the correct unicode symbol.

View attachment 74707

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
---------------------------
Script 'Pokebattle_AnimationPlayer' line 121: NameError occurred.

undefined method `pbAnimationCore' for class `PokeBattle_Scene'
---------------------------

I'm sure I followed all the instructions but still...

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Copy and paste the scripts into your game, above Main, but make sure that the following script sections stay above your newly copied scripts:
  • PokeBattle_AnimationPlayer
  • PokeBattle_ActualScene
  • PokeBattle_Battle
  • PSystem_Utilities
Your PokeBattle_DynamicBattle is obvously not below PokeBattle_Battle.
Copy and paste the scripts into your game, above Main, but make sure that the following script sections stay above your newly copied scripts:
  • PokeBattle_ActualScene
  • PokeBattle_Battle
  • PSystem_Utilities
Pretty self explanatory...
That's your assessment of it, which might not be true. Anyway, my assessment is that you're getting the error because you didn't paste the scripts in the correct positions.
  • PokeBattle_ActualScene
  • PokeBattle_Battle
  • PSystem_Utilities
Just let me know when I can stop quoting myself.

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
Years
I finally put my hands on your scripts and it's really awesome. Thanks a lot for this effort.

I just have a question, is there a way to keep the default Essential battlebox and menus?

Edit: I also noticed something, when a flying pokémon is sent you don't ear the landing sound (which is ok) but the screen still shakes . It should't expect in double battle when the other pokémon actually lands.

Last edited:

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
Bump

Would it be possible to change the sprite being used during an attack, like in Gen 6 Pokémon games when the Pokémon has a separate attack animation. (e.g. Greninja going from standing still to throwing water shurikens).
I'm guessing this would be called through a form change, but I have little scripting knowledge and am not sure how you would do this.

Sorry for bumping, just really curious about this.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I just have a question, is there a way to keep the default Essential battlebox and menus?
I don't know why you'd want that. You weren't the first one to ask about it though, and I've already implemented this a while ago, but didn't re-upload the scripts. Update all of your 6 scripts, and in DynamicScene there is a USENEWUI constant. Set this value to false. I'm expecting it not to work with the old UI as well as the new one, and I don't care for any reports of visual glitches for the old UI. I designed the system with the new UI in mind, and I spent a lot of time making that. So I'm not really interested in what's going on with the old UI visuals. Use if you want. I'd recommend not to.
Sorry for bumping, just really curious about this.
Yeah, but I'm not.

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
Years
I'm asking that because I prefer the old school layout, and I'm planning to make changes on it, nothing more. I tried what you said and it's not looking bad, I'll deal with it. Thanks.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 22, 2015

Hey, just wanted to say I wanted to this as well, and tweaked the script to get the sprites down to a reasonable size--line 25 of the "PokeBattle_BitmapWrapper" section reads "@scale = 2" change that to "@scale =1" and it cuts the sizes of the sprites in half! Haven't tested for too many pokemon yet--so some of the larger sprites may be more problematic, but so far it's worked reasonably well.

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
Hey, just wanted to say I wanted to this as well, and tweaked the script to get the sprites down to a reasonable size--line 25 of the "PokeBattle_BitmapWrapper" section reads "@scale = 2" change that to "@scale =1" and it cuts the sizes of the sprites in half! Haven't tested for too many pokemon yet--so some of the larger sprites may be more problematic, but so far it's worked reasonably well.

I've tested this on several sprites and it does work. I'm sure it works on larger sprites as well, because both Wailord and Rayquaza fit on the screen with no problems.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Of course it works. I made the bitmap wrapper in a way to allow for automatic scaling. But with those downscaled sprites now, set your game resolution to 0.5, and you got yourself some fugly-ass sprites. My system was not designed with the X/Y sprites in mind, so using those sprites will not give you an optimal look.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 12, 2015
Hey seems like i am getting a error when i battle, here is the error i get

Spoiler:

Oops fixed by fixing the script name spelling :)

Last edited:
Back