• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Actually... I'm getting to work on a rp like that right now RHCP! I'm trying to make a different type of rp and could use a co-GM to help me on this idea. Don't want to spoil anything.
Awesome. Will it be pokémon or non pokémon related? I'm in a period of being more interested in non-pokéy stuff now but I'll probably swing back soon enough xD

You know you can use me as a wall for bouncing your ideas on. But I'd rather be a player than a GM.

Greiger you've caught my interest! :P

To be honest, I'd kind of like an RP where we have experienced trainers, you know already tried and failed a Championship (or even won a Championship) and we have to maybe not save the world but do something still relatively awesome.
Hm. I want to save the world, though. I guess I've read too much Homestuck lately to think that anything less epic than that is exciting /is damaged for life

Oooh! I might be a bit too busy to Co-GM but if you need an extra head to construct ideas/proof read then PM me any time! I love roleplay-planning XD.

Danger on the S.S. Anne has a lot of experienced trainers :3 plus the story does not involve saving the world ;D.
Wasn't Danger on the S.S. Anne some kind of murder story where people got voted out or something? That was what I thought, but perhaps I got the wrong impression.

Also CALCIFER!<3

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
Oh don't get me wrong, I LOVE saving the world. There are people who don't though so I'm saying I wouldn't mind not having to, even though it seems more logical that the experienced people do.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Oh don't get me wrong, I LOVE saving the world. There are people who don't though so I'm saying I wouldn't mind not having to, even though it seems more logical that the experienced people do.

Haha, well. I guess it gets old. At least if there's a pretty generic story involving a legendary pokémon gone mad, behind it. But there are ways to make it much more epic... the players don't even have to know from the start that they are trying to save the world ;D

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
No Red no! Don't over work yourself... without telling us the idea! XD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Too... many... ideas... ideasplodesdkljks

With the faltering pace all my current RPs are running at, I doubt I'll overwork myself whatever I decide to do xD Don't worry about this ol' playah.

Looking forward to Greiger's work, anyways! I'll go read about Danger on S.S Anne again.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Wasn't Danger on the S.S. Anne some kind of murder story where people got voted out or something? That was what I thought, but perhaps I got the wrong impression.

Also CALCIFER!<3

Yep that's the general idea, though that element to the story is yet to kick in. It is starting as a Journey where I steadily build up some conspiracy theories XD I'm not sure if any players have noticed odd references yet though - some are very obviously whilst others are a bit more subtle.

>:3 and RECOGNITION! People keep asking me what he is from ;__;.

silverexorcist

Individualism in Normalcy!
Years
Haha, well. I guess it gets old. At least if there's a pretty generic story involving a legendary pokémon gone mad, behind it. But there are ways to make it much more epic... the players don't even have to know from the start that they are trying to save the world ;D

INTERJECTION!! >:D

The saving the world idea has been done many times, but there are so many ways to do it, that it can still be cool ^^ The concept just leaves so many...possibilities...in the story. The main problem is, only one person can end up being the hero who defeats the main antagonist, and deciding that sometimes causes problems *cough* with egos *cough cough*

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
What about the other way around? An RP where the characters are trying to DESTROY THE WORLD!!!!

......or at least control a large portion of it.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Thanks for the support bromeo.

I'm really curious to see how your Pandora works, Skymin. You haven't given much away to how it's going to be structured mission or journey wise- left me curious. :3

I haven't found myself all that interested in non-pokemon RPs when they show up- but I do love a good murder mystery. Perhaps we need an RP based off Clue(do). And in the end Col. Mustard saves the world whilst Pr. Plum and Miss. Scarlet get hitched and share a romantic kiss.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
... Huh. Where did everyone go?

Anyways... If you've noticed, I've done a little touching up on my avatar/profile picture/signature, so first one who can guess the character's name and the anime he originates from gets free treats!

... Free treats, guys! FREE TRRREEEAAAAAAA--

I'll ask my previous question once more, What happened to the Roleplay Library?

Also, I'd love to plug Quto's RP once more, Earth and SKy!: Pokemon Battle Royale!

Please check it out. We only have four players (including myself) so we're a small but loyal group of RPers, so if you're into that, as well as Pokemon battles that put your life in constant danger, come join us!

Just click the little "Earth and Sky" link in the bottom-left section of my signature!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
One of those wolves from Wolf's Rain perhaps? No idea name.

Also, we don't know so maybe ask Ichiro or Maddy about the library?

And I'd forgotten about Earth & Sky, but yeah it still seems intriguing! But it looks so... messy :s everyone's pokémon act like extra characters and go around talking all the time and I most often think that's annoying. So maybe it's not the right RP for me ^^' But I've seen many who enjoy treating their pokémon like deep characters.

Last edited:

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
... Huh. Where did everyone go?

Anyways... If you've noticed, I've done a little touching up on my avatar/profile picture/signature, so first one who can guess the character's name and the anime he originates from gets free treats!

... Free treats, guys! FREE TRRREEEAAAAAAA--

I'll ask my previous question once more, What happened to the Roleplay Library?

Also, I'd love to plug Quto's RP once more, Earth and SKy!: Pokemon Battle Royale!

Please check it out. We only have four players (including myself) so we're a small but loyal group of RPers, so if you're into that, as well as Pokemon battles that put your life in constant danger, come join us!

Just click the little "Earth and Sky" link in the bottom-left section of my signature!
In the avatar, it's either Blue or Darcia. I can't see the eye color so it's hard to tell >-< In the signature, it's Darcia and Kiba's fight near the end. Wolf's Rain is one of my favorite anime <3

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
In the avatar, it's either Blue or Darcia. I can't see the eye color so it's hard to tell >-< In the signature, it's Darcia and Kiba's fight near the end. Wolf's Rain is one of my favorite anime <3

IT'S DARCIA, YOU WIN!!

TREATS FOR EVERYONE!! fortworth96 gets first bites!!

WOLF'S RAIN IS BY FAR THE GREATEST ANIME OF ALL TIME EVAR!!

Wait... Is Supervegeta an anime?

I just made my signatures and stuffs, so yeah. Also made a website for my stuffs.

If you can't stand the Pokemon talking, then you don't really have to. I guess it's just sort of somethng that happened along the way, and we liked it so it stuck.

I also made one of the pages for my PC family, and another to archive the characters I've created!

silverexorcist

Individualism in Normalcy!
Years
IT'S DARCIA, YOU WIN!!

TREATS FOR EVERYONE!! fortworth96 gets first bites!!

WOLF'S RAIN IS BY FAR THE GREATEST ANIME OF ALL TIME EVAR!!

Wait... Is Supervegeta an anime?

I just made my signatures and stuffs, so yeah. Also made a website for my stuffs.

If you can't stand the Pokemon talking, then you don't really have to. I guess it's just sort of somethng that happened along the way, and we liked it so it stuck.

I also made one of the pages for my PC family, and another to archive the characters I've created!

So strange...I could have sworn I read "GREATEST ANIME OF ALL TIME EVAR!" but I didn't see the name Fate/Zero or Mirai Nikki anywhere...must have been my imagination XD

Since I saw non-pokemon rps mentioned, let me just say that though I have no problem with them, I think that it's kind of a turn off when the plot is much easier to understand when you know the background of whatever the rp is based off of, like an anime or something. Like I would love to join of Fate/Zero rp, but for someone who has no experience with Type/Moon would be eaten alive--and then some. Sometimes it's good to stick with what you know. And sometimes its better to dive into the unknown and get your butt whooped.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Since I saw non-pokemon rps mentioned, let me just say that though I have no problem with them, I think that it's kind of a turn off when the plot is much easier to understand when you know the background of whatever the rp is based off of, like an anime or something. Like I would love to join of Fate/Zero rp, but for someone who has no experience with Type/Moon would be eaten alive--and then some. Sometimes it's good to stick with what you know. And sometimes its better to dive into the unknown and get your butt whooped.

True, and a pity sometimes. In the RP I currently GM, half the players know the franchise well and the other half have only briefly or even never heard of it before. It's a balance and sadly I think we're talking a bit too much about stuff that hasn't reached us yet in the RP :x stuff that only the knowledgeable players could know. It's difficult.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
The Roleplay Library doesn't exist anymore. Ichiro felt that his efforts on it were wasted since nobody seemed to take much notice of it. So, we did away with it.

EDIT: Also, Zerin, can I remind you not to go so far off-topic for the majority of your post? Ok?

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Honestly I felt that a Library is missing in this section, but I feel that the "Check to see if your RP is accepted" is necessary enough to see which RPs are out. More of a "Check on your own risk" if you want to see if they're accepting players.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
The Roleplay Library doesn't exist anymore. Ichiro felt that his efforts on it were wasted since nobody seemed to take much notice of it. So, we did away with it.

EDIT: Also, Zerin, can I remind you not to go so far off-topic for the majority of your post? Ok?

Sure thing; I hand't even realized.

Anyways, when did the Roleplay Library disappear? I think it might have been while I was away.

Well, even though I feel a bit busy, I've been running the thought in my head over and over, to retry making a Zelda RP. Would anybody be interested?

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Anyways, when did the Roleplay Library disappear? I think it might have been while I was away.
No, no it's been gone for quite a while now. Before the RPA nominations started. The fact you didn't notice it gone kinda emphasises Ichiro's feelings. d:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back