• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 16, 2014
Hi~

I'm trying to migrate some pokemon from Emerald to SS via pal park. I want to transfer my shiny Raichu and Kyogre (The Raichu is the event one with surf and fly)
I have removed all HM moves from both and yet SS keeps telling me they have HM moves. Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks in advance
~~Sephi~~

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Hi~

I'm trying to migrate some pokemon from Emerald to SS via pal park. I want to transfer my shiny Raichu and Kyogre (The Raichu is the event one with surf and fly)
I have removed all HM moves from both and yet SS keeps telling me they have HM moves. Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks in advance
~~Sephi~~

You should try migrating them over to DPPt instead, and see how that goes. If you don't have those games, then maybe you could try replacing all their current moves with TMs; some Emerald moves might wind up considered HMs in fourth generation games due to bugs and whatnot, and this may possibly help you get past them. Good luck!

Years
Am I missing out something in the Great Marsh? I mean, basically, Sinnoh's safari zone is a huge swamp, whose Pokemon in different areas are almost the same.

Nice design, but it's only a swamp, and that train thing is nice, but what for? That swamp is seriously small. The thingy with Pokemon changing daily would be great, if there wasn't only like 5 Pokemon that are actually changing every day.

Im a bit disappointed with this. I guess I am used to Kanto/Johto/Hoenn safaris where the place is full of different Pokemon, and the safari itself is huge.

On the other side, Old Chateau is my new favorite place! Amazingly done!

Jaysfinest1

The Original
Years
Tyrogue into Hitmonchan

hey guys i'm running into a issue and maybe someone can help..

i have a level 19 tyrogue (bashful nature) and i'm trying to get a hitmonchan. i have already given tyrogue about 7 iron's, and i have a rare candy to give it that boost to 20. however everytime i do it, his attack is always 1 up on his defense, which would give me a lee. i need help because i really want a chan and i have no idea what i should do from here. help please.

Years
Am I missing out something in the Great Marsh? I mean, basically, Sinnoh's safari zone is a huge swamp, whose Pokemon in different areas are almost the same.

Nice design, but it's only a swamp, and that train thing is nice, but what for? That swamp is seriously small. The thingy with Pokemon changing daily would be great, if there wasn't only like 5 Pokemon that are actually changing every day.

Im a bit disappointed with this. I guess I am used to Kanto/Johto/Hoenn safaris where the place is full of different Pokemon, and the safari itself is huge.

On the other side, Old Chateau is my new favorite place! Amazingly done!

You're not missing anything really, it's just important to know that Pokemon will appear based on many variables, including the time of day and their rarity level. If you find yourself seeing the same Pokemon over and over, trying adventuring early in the morning, or late at night. Also, if I remember correctly there's a trick you can do with the Dual-slot feature if you're using a handheld that allows you to catch Arbok.

hey guys i'm running into a issue and maybe someone can help..

i have a level 19 tyrogue (bashful nature) and i'm trying to get a hitmonchan. i have already given tyrogue about 7 iron's, and i have a rare candy to give it that boost to 20. however everytime i do it, his attack is always 1 up on his defense, which would give me a lee. i need help because i really want a chan and i have no idea what i should do from here. help please.

Did a bit of research on this, and there's not much you can do other than feed it vitamins until its defense is higher than its attack. :[ I suggest breeding Tyrogue until you get one with a Nature that lowers its Attack stat if you're still having trouble, though of course that wouldn't benefit Hitmonchan's offensive capabilities once it evolves. You could also hunt Pokemon that raise defense EVs - a list of those can be found here.

Years
Alright, another question.

I just caught Giratina. I love the game so much but I feel like there could be more. How much of the story is there left? Am I done with Team Galactic. I know there is still one more badge and Elite, plus three legendaries (Azelf/Uxie/Mesprit), but besides that, is there anything else I should look forward to? Dont tell me what, just tell me am I finishing the game at this point or there's still stuff to do. ( not counting in story-aside things like chaining etc)

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Alright, another question.

I just caught Giratina. I love the game so much but I feel like there could be more. How much of the story is there left? Am I done with Team Galactic. I know there is still one more badge and Elite, plus three legendaries (Azelf/Uxie/Mesprit), but besides that, is there anything else I should look forward to? Dont tell me what, just tell me am I finishing the game at this point or there's still stuff to do. ( not counting in story-aside things like chaining etc)

I'm guessing this is Platinum. You don't have that much for the actual story as it goes as of now. You've caught Giratina, which means Galactic's done for the time being, so there isn't much to do right now. For the aftergame however, you have quite a few things to do, like the Battle Frontier and the tidbit of after story when done with the Pokemon League. Platinum has far more to do for late/after game material than D/P does, so I'm sure there's a bunch to do. On top of that, I think there's a few more Pokemon that you can catch after game (more roaming legendaries, iirc), so there's that!

In short, you don't have anything besides the remaining gym and Pokemon League, but things to do after you're done.

Jameseh

Hmm.
Years
Do any stores still sell gen IV new?

Long time no post.

I really want to play the gen four games again but I sold my copies a few years ago. Does anyone know anywhere that still sells these games new? I have OCD so pre-owned isn't an option and I don't trust eBay sellers as it's rife with fakes.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I see them regularly in Big W, Target, EB Games, JB HIFI, but I'm not too sure if you have any of those stored over there. Mind you, while the stored do have them, they're often hidden behind other more popular games on the shelf, so I'd suggest you do a bit of rummaging before you give up looking in one store and move onto the next.

But yeah, they should have them somewhere! Persistence!

I see them regularly in Big W, Target, EB Games, JB HIFI, but I'm not too sure if you have any of those stored over there. Mind you, while the stored do have them, they're often hidden behind other more popular games on the shelf, so I'd suggest you do a bit of rummaging before you give up looking in one store and move onto the next.

But yeah, they should have them somewhere! Persistence!

Years
So it's Sunday today, and I should be able to get a TM from the lady at the Goldenrod Department store. However, I showed her my Quilava, which is max happiness, and I didn't get anything, she only talked about how some TMs are perfect for certain Pokémon. However, this wouldn't be my first time talking to her - I got TM27 for Return from her previously, but I used it on my Fearow, which, along with three of my other Pokémon, just died against Chuck (I'm doing a Wedlocke). So I only have two Pokémon in my party, Quilava and Furret. (I haven't chosen replacements yet.)

Do I need to have a full team or something, or can I only get the TM once? Because I know that you can buy TM27 for Return in the post-game at Celadon City, so i'm curious about this. Thanks!

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jun 23, 2014
Curious about HeartGold and SoulSilver

Hi all! I'm fairly new around here, and have been reading up on a few threads trying to get caught up.

I haven't really played a Pokemon game since Diamond and things have sure changed! I am looking into buying a few different games to play, and am really curious - why does HeartGold and SoulSilver seem to be so much more expensive than the other Pokemon games for the DS? They're almost double the price of some games on ebay.

Thank you for your time!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
They may just have been proved more valuable to potential customers over sites like ebay. Less copies of them sold than DPPt (which isn't surprising - pretty much the first games of a gen always sell more, plus it's two games versus three), although when each one sold millions by themselves I'm not sure it's really a major factor. Maybe less people are just willing to sell them, so hence there's less supply for any demand for them, and hence higher price tags.

With that, it may be just that they are rather highly regarded - they are remakes of older games, came with a bonus pokewalker as well, and generally have more content (two regions = twice the gyms, even if each region by itself is smaller than Sinnoh). And two gens old means they are rarer than the 5th gen games, and rarer still than X&Y (especially considering that the DS is now a previous gen console, and has been for some time - same goes for DS games).

This is all being said by myself without actually going to check said prices, mind. =p

Years
How to find Cresselia?

I did find the Lunar Wing already, and I even encountered it twice, but nothing shows up on that marking map thingy on the Poketch? Glitch? Wrong app?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
How to find Cresselia?

I did find the Lunar Wing already, and I even encountered it twice, but nothing shows up on that marking map thingy on the Poketch? Glitch? Wrong app?
I think it should appear on the Poketch. Make sure it is indeed the marking map app. If it's not showing up... then perhaps it is a glitch, but the first I would have heard of it.

Years
I think it should appear on the Poketch. Make sure it is indeed the marking map app. If it's not showing up... then perhaps it is a glitch, but the first I would have heard of it.

Ah never mind, I wasn't moving at all and I guess you're supposed to make few steps for it to show you where roamers are. Thanks :)

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Ah never mind, I wasn't moving at all and I guess you're supposed to make few steps for it to show you where roamers are. Thanks :)

Switching routes shifts their location. If you're looking to catch Cresselia, I'd use Jubilife City and its routes. There's 3 you can make good use of, just keep an eye on the Marking Map and ride a bicycle or something, until they're really close to you.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
Years
I bought a second hand Japanese Soul silver game and placed it into my DS lite. I had heard from people online that the DS games are region free and that DS lite can play Japanese games. Oddly, my DS cannot recognize the cartridge and so I tried to see if it's a fake game by placing it into my 3ds to see if the Dream radar would unlock any extension. Here's the strange part, my US 3DS recognizes the Japanese cartridge and I can play the game on it. In addition, the dive extension was unlocked in the dream radar, so I'm convinced that it's a genuine game with an unclean slot. But how is this possible? I read from other forums that US 3DS cannot play japanese HGSS since it's region locked as a DSi game. Could someone please clarify this to me?

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I honestly don't know why it works - according to the answers I've digged up, it should be region locked due to the US console playing a Japanese game. Has this sort of thing happened before with any foreign games? Or is this a new issue to you?

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
Years
This is the first time that I played a japanese DS game on my US 3DS. Just to let you know, it's not modded in any way. I know that the 3DS is region locked against its own game library but I heard that a few newer DS games were region locked as well, specifically the gen 5 pokemon games. Some people had claimed that the HGSS are also included in the region lock, which is why I'm surprised that I could play it.
Furthermore, I was able to trade the legendaries from the existing save file of the SS to my US Platinum, and then transfer them to my current X game. I encountered no problem whatsoever during the entire transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back