• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

favorite gen

favorie generation

• Total voters

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Favorite Generation

My fav is Gen 5. The graphics they put in it is amazing. It be more awesome if it was in 3D. Also the dragons are the best of all generations in my opinion.

My 2nd fav is Gen 1 Not leaf green and such, the original game. Its simplicity was always entertaining to me and the music was cool for its time.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • IL
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
Gen III. It had both of my favorite regions (Hoenn and Kanto), the best OST (RSE), my favorite Pokes (again, from Hoenn and Kanto), and among other things.

My second favorite gen is Gen I. There is a certain charm to those games that will never fade from my memories.

Years
Gen 5 for me, Black & White were my fave games to date.

And I love the Pokemon and characters featured in B/W and B2/W2.

Years
Gen 5 made a best result such as 3D games. So, I like it. It way more interesting than it previous version. Upcoming BW2 English and PMD gen 5 are looking more awesome too. Cannot wait for playing with it in another day ^w^

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Gen III will always hold a special place in my heart because of Hoenn being expansive and the really catchy music there. Currently, my favorite generation is Gen V because of the new Pokemon introduced.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
I've always loved Gen IV. It introduced some wonderful,cute and powerful Pokemon like Pachirisu,Togekiss,Yanmega,Electivire,the list could honestly go on. Sinnoh had always been a beautiful region to me as well,with interesting places and an awesome storyline.

Also Gen IV introduced more Battle Frontier places,besides the old Battle Tower like the Battle Hall,Castle,Factory and Arcade :3. There were amazing additions like the Pokeathlon,a fun place for Pokemon sport competitions,the Safari Zone where you trekked around looking for rare Pokemon.

It also introduced the amazing HG/SS, the remakes of G/S/C. I thought it was the best remake of the Pokemon series and loved how Pokemon followed you around eagerly along with some nostalgia moments from the old days.

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
I've always loved Gen IV. It introduced some wonderful,cute and powerful Pokemon like Pachirisu,Togekiss,Yanmega,Electivire,the list could honestly go on. Sinnoh had always been a beautiful region to me as well,with interesting places and an awesome storyline.

Also Gen IV introduced more Battle Frontier places,besides the old Battle Tower like the Battle Hall,Castle,Factory and Arcade :3. There were amazing additions like the Pokeathlon,a fun place for Pokemon sport competitions,the Safari Zone where you trekked around looking for rare Pokemon.

It also introduced the amazing HG/SS, the remakes of G/S/C. I thought it was the best remake of the Pokemon series and loved how Pokemon followed you around eagerly along with some nostalgia moments from the old days.
This! Oh, my god! THIS!

Oh...But don't forget it was the game that first did the Physical and Special split. Which had to been the most smartest s*it I've evar seen in mah life. LOL

But it's like I said in another thread...I like Sinnoh and Johto the most, cuz its the 2 gens that introduce more further evolution/pre-evolution Pokemon. Not to mention branch-evolution Pokemon! I love the gens that have these. ^w^

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2013
Well my favorite game is Silver as it was my first Pokemon game and you could go back and playthrough Kanto which i thought was awesome, so im going with gen 2.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Gen V, now that Black 2 and White 2 are out. They're by far my favorite game, and because of that, the generation itself boosts itself to favorite generation status in my heart.

Years
Gen 2. Oh, the many hours I ended up playing that little gold cartridge of mine. However, I think the bulk of the reason why I love it most is nostalgia reasons (since Heart Gold didn't do it for me like the original Gold did) - though it also helps that second gen had plenty of pokemon that ended up becoming favorites of mine.

AChipOffTheOldBrock

Too Legit To Quit
Years
  • Age 27
  • NC
  • Seen Feb 18, 2021
Gen 1/2 all day, could be nostalgia. I voted Gen 1 on the poll because thats where it all started. Gen 3-5 cant touch these two. The games are still fun though.

Back