• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Blazing Inferno (*Fire-Type Fan Club!*)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
@Umbr30n: Because I have 200 points, I should be given a random item.

I already gave you something through a VM. Also try to put more discussion into the Topic because that didn't have a part of a Topic. These kind of things belong in VMs.

On the current topic: It will ALWAYS be Eruption. Max accuracy. Varying power. It is FAR more unique than Magma Storm. So Eruption is the best of the two, even if Game Freak decides to spam improvements on Magma Storm.

BTW, The Banner Competition of Blazing Inferno has two more days! If you want to participate, quickly submit your 3 Banners for the Competition!

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Just throwing an opinion in here regarding the current topic. I've never really been a fan of the kind of topics where they ask which of something is better, especially when it's concerning moves, because the topics need to be based more on facts rather than opinions, and it'll pretty much be the same things repeated over and over again. If the topic had been "Out of Magma Storm and Eruption, which is your favourite move and why? ", it'd hopefully be something with more varied answers, where personal opinions would contribute more than with what it is now. I'm in no way telling you that you can't use these kind of topics, and this is coming from my personal preference in topics, but I just feel like more people would be able to participate in this when the topics were more opinionated than factual. Again, this is said as a member of the club, not a moderator :p

Anyways, to answer the topic. I can't really say much, since these are newer moves that I haven't yet used, though for what I've read, it seems that Eruption is the better move, so I'm gonna say that >_<

Still impressed with the activity of this club :D

Years
On the current topic:

Eruption is a total WIN over Magma storm for several reasons:
1- MS is very less frequent, I'm not talking about the accuracy alone, but what are the chances you're going to use Heatran in a match? "considering that there are many fire types who are a lot faster than him, and there are poeple like me who hate him!", you won't get the chance to use it anyways...

2- Eruption's ultimate user is Typhlosion, and guess what? he's fast! Typhlo is actually fast enough to use Eruption while it's still in full HP, and if it's HP got lower, Eruption will still make use of the STAB and the classy ability Blaze, this means that if Typhlo's HP got below 3rd and somehow managed to hit, it'll still hit pretty decent (imagine it with choice specs, woohoo!).

that's what I experienced from using Typhlosion as a sweeper for a good amount of time in my team, it was never a let down for me

Just throwing an opinion in here regarding the current topic. I've never really been a fan of the kind of topics where they ask which of something is better, especially when it's concerning moves, because the topics need to be based more on facts rather than opinions, and it'll pretty much be the same things repeated over and over again. If the topic had been "Out of Magma Storm and Eruption, which is your favourite move and why? ", it'd hopefully be something with more varied answers, where personal opinions would contribute more than with what it is now. I'm in no way telling you that you can't use these kind of topics, and this is coming from my personal preference in topics, but I just feel like more people would be able to participate in this when the topics were more opinionated than factual. Again, this is said as a member of the club, not a moderator :p

I see what you mean, and I do agree with you. The topics aren't bad they're just sort of narrowed, the boss is doing a great job though, I highly encourage you to suggest a topic that would reinforce your idea =)

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
New Topic:

Which Fire type do you think needs to improve a lot?

Answering the topic:

I think Flareon needs to improve a lot.The only two Psychical Fire type moves it can learn are Flame Charge and Fire Fang.These are 50 power and 65 power moves respectively so Flareon cannot make good use of his 130 attack.If they just give Flare Blitz to him he can really rock.

Affliction

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016

Okay, let's keep that in mind. Thanks for making your post heard!

New Topic:

Answering the topic:

I think Flareon needs to improve a lot.The only two Psychical Fire type moves it can learn are Flame Charge and Fire Fang.These are 50 power and 65 power moves respectively so Flareon cannot make good use of his 130 attack.If they just give Flare Blitz to him he can really rock.

This Topic seems good enough to get various answers.

Answering the Current Topic: I'd have to say the Numel line. They just literally need a lot of improvements. I wouldn't say it's to do with their Move-Pool, but it's got to do with their Statistics. It's speed is horrendous (Although it maybe a slow creature anyway). It's Defenses and HP are not ones that one should look forward to. Plus their Typing is just BAD - A double weakness to the most common Type of Pokemon (Water). I don't really like their designs either. It may learn Eruption, but not like it is going to have great use of it because of it's Speed. It's Pokeathlon statistics aren't great either. So if I were to improve it, I would just change it's design a bit and increase some of the Stats, such as it's Defenses or Pokeathlon Statistics.

Years

I agree with Flareon and the Numel line having more potential than the game makes them offer, and I'm going to add Magcargo, exactly what is the purpose of this pokemon? having very nice defense of 120, but no decent HP? or even any other stat that could compensate for it's other weak stats? I just don't get the point behind the stats spread of this poke, besides it's shiny form is hideous! it's an overall fail pokemon.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Flareon, he lacks lots of things like a move pool and moves he learns during level up. With him being Fire type that should make him learn more fire moves during level up but I guess GameFreak doesn't believe the same. Also for the size of the Pokemon it's way too slow, I don't get how a Pokemon that small can move that slow they messed up all the Eevee evo's from the get and go.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Your Username: Iloveeevee
Partner Pokemon: Ninetales and Growlithe (Can Growlithe be nicknamed Ayla?)
Why do you like Fire-Types?: Fire types are very useful in battle, especially my Ninetales. Also, some of the cutest Pokemon are fire types. :)

Which Fire Type do you think needs to improve a lot?
I agree that Flareon could be improved. With better stats and movepool, Flareon could be a Pokemon to watch out for. I would definitely use Flareon more in battles if it was improved.

Reactions: EB
Years
I think flareon needs to be improved since it got high attack.
It needs special attack instead of attack.

Affliction

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Your Username: Iloveeevee
Partner Pokemon: Ninetales and Growlithe (Can Growlithe be nicknamed Ayla?)
Why do you like Fire-Types?: Fire types are very useful in battle, especially my Ninetales. Also, some of the cutest Pokemon are fire types. :)

Which Fire Type do you think needs to improve a lot?
I agree that Flareon could be improved. With better stats and movepool, Flareon could be a Pokemon to watch out for. I would definitely use Flareon more in battles if it was improved.

Welcome to the club!

Points updated.

Now, a notification about an update.

If you were in Blazing Inferno's first page, you may have noticed the new background around the first post, AKA Blazing Inferno Central. You are maybe wondering "Umbr30n, why did you take so long to make a background?", Or "Umbr30n, why have you took up some of your time making a background?". Well, I'll tell you why! I have been learning about "Codes" which generate the background for a Club Post. I thought that I should give it a try, and so Blazing Inferno has now got it's very first Background. I have now made a schedule to change the background every month, starting today. Oh and also, I put "Styles" (Which is basically the same as backgrounds) on the Point Table, which means, if you want, you can make a background about Fire-Types, and who knows, it could be put in the next background so you, the creator, will get credit. I will tell you all the pixels needed for backgrounds/styles later. If you have any questions or concerns about this new background, please VM me (Not PM, because I keep all the other Backgrounds there) and don't be afraid tell me what your question/concern is. I will reply to you.

Height/Width needed for a background: 4000-4050 Pixels Height. 1271-1279 Pixels Width.

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Your Username: Sector Revenge
Partner Pokemon: Shana the Vulpix
Why do you like Fire-Types?: They are BLAZING FUN!! They are one one of the most powerful types out there, though their defenses aren't the greatest, its decent.
If you had to have a Non-Legendary Fire Type in your ultimate Team, what would it be and why?
Blaziken, Speed Boost makes it super fast & hard to take down. Blaziken is perhaps the best starter of all Fire types also. I would say Arcanine would be another. Amazing base stats overall, very bulky, very intimidating.

Affliction

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Time to hand in the results of the Banner Competition.

Aryan143:

Spoiler:

Scores:

Banner 1: 7 points.
Banner 2: 6.5 points.
Banner 3: 9 points.
Total: 22.5 points.

U Shivam:

Spoiler:

Scores:

Banner 1: 7.5 points.
Banner 2: 10 points.
Banner 3: 5.5 points.
Total: 23 points.

U Shivam wins this event, however, I will do all the updating tomorrow.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Hmm, I'd have to say Heatran, simply because even though it is one of my favourite Fire-Types, it has a 4x weakness to Ground-Type moves and doesn't really learn any moves to cover for that weakness.

Years

I'd agree with most of these guys and say Flareon. I know it looks cute, being an Eeveelution and all but it has a 130 Attack stat and only gets two physical Fire moves, Flame Charge and Fire Fang which have 50 and 65 BP respectively meaning they are so weak he can't take advantage of that Attack stat. Also, they need to give him Flare Blitz in a future generation, no wonder he's not seen on a lot of teams.

Affliction

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
I think this topic is running out of responses, and it's made a good 3 days of discussion, so I think I should make another Topic we can discuss. Hopefully it will still be discussed for over three days (Although you are allowed to make a New Topic when the Current one is only two days old, it's good to fully discuss the topics to the full potential)!

Which Fire-Type Pokemon in your opinion is overrated and why?

BTW, if you have an answer that is the same as the last Topic's answer, explain your reasons why you think it's overrated.

On The Current Topic:

Emboar:

I just freaking hate how overrated this Pokemon is. If you think about it, it's basically a Pig. FIRE AND FIGHTING DOES NOT PAIR WELL WITH PIGS (Plus having this combination THREE TIMES IN A ROW is just stupid), and a Fighting pig is just illogical. Of course, Fire may relate to how pigs are cooked, but Emboar fans still don't realise how unoriginal Emboar is. It is the weakest (In Base Statistic Total) of the final Fire-Type evolutions. It has a horrible Speed (Which other Fire-Type Starter Finals excel at) and the lowest Defenses of all the starter finals (But in Defense, it is tied with Sceptile). The HP it has does not improve it in anyway, because of these Defenses. These are the reasons why I believe Emboar is overrated.

Blaziken:

I don't know why, but I just believe this is a little bit overrated. However, I believe this has some sort of connection between Emboar, because it is a Fire CHICKEN. Plus I never really liked it at all because of it's design, and even though I used it in multiple battles (Just to see if it's Move-Pool makes up for it) I was never impressed with it's battles either. It also started the Fire-Fighting combo (The only Fire Fighting Combo Starter Final I liked a lot was Infernape). But Blaziken, in my opinion, isn't as bad as Emboar.

Reshiram:

This Pokemon is VERY overrated. I know it's a legendary and all that stuff, but actually it's move-pool is not the best, as many people say. I don't think Reshiram's Typing is all that good. If Reshiram was introduced when Ho-Oh was, Ho-Oh would easily make Reshiram go on a run for it's money. There is not much more to say about this, apart from it's shiny form having more colour.

Updating the club.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2012
I would like to join.
Username: Xanntha14
Partner pokemon: Charizard
Why do you like fire types?: I kind of just fell in love with fire types when i first saw charizard in the anime.

Years
On current topic :
EMBOAR - when first saw it i just thought it's some kind of a joke.
I mean a pig which is another Fire and Fighting.
Infernape is cool and Blaziken is Super cool, theres no need for a pig to be created.
I don't know why peoples even like it.

MOLTRES :
i know i'm the only person in the world who don't like Moltres but i think theres nothing special about it.
Some peoples are really big fan of it but i don't find anything cool in it.
It's just a bird with flame on it's wings and tail.

Years
Which Fire-Type Pokemon in your opinion is overrated and why?

For me, probably Charizard. I know it's the original Fire starter and everything but the way its personality is treated in the anime as well as people liking the fact it's based on a dragon made me knew it was overrated. Also, I think Charizard's fanbase is way too big even though more better-looking Fire starters have been introduced since then.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Answering the topic:

I think its Darmanitan because it has very high attack plus Sheer Force. So if it uses Flare Blitz with Charcoal or Flame Plate holding, it can do a lot, lot of damage. Plus it gets good moves even as a Darumaka.

And Umbr30n, won't you tell the results of the Banner Competition if they have been judged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back