• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
The July Monthly Quest!!

The birthstone color of July is Ruby, so the Quest is on for Ruby Pokemon!

To complete the Quest, you must find two shinies that can be obtained in Pokemon Ruby. They do not need to be caught on Ruby version.

The contest lasts until midnight EST on August 1st, 2013.

Good luck and have fun!

For August's Quest, we're going to try something new - you can submit ideas! Feel free to post ideas for the next monthly Quest in the thread, and we'll vote on the ideas at the end of the month to determine which one will be the August Quest!
----------------
2040 Dratini
1020 Clefairy

Hello! I'd love to join!

Welcome to the club!

5% shinies and over-reactions galore!

Congrats!

... I've just experienced every shiny hunters nightmare

No!!!! Hopefully you'll find another one soon to avenge the Caterpie!

Last edited:

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
The July Monthly Quest!!

The birthstone color of July is Ruby, so the Quest is on for Ruby Pokemon!

To complete the Quest, you must find two shinies that can be obtained in Pokemon Ruby. They do not need to be caught on Ruby version.

Ah haaa! I shall be twirling my magical, imaginary moustache whilst I keep hatching Nincada, then!
Afterwards, I'll hatch for Shiny Vulpix/Ninetales! ...and I think I'll actually try to do that one via Masuda Method, considering I doubt I'd manage enough amazing IVs on a non-Shedinja to warrant the IV OCD breeding I'm currently doing with Nincada (1/8192 chance from hatching, hooo!) - I'll just get an extremely badass Vulpix/Ditto and stick the foreign parent in.

The best part is that I was already planning to get Vulpix next!

Last edited:

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Mwahahaha! Vit me snazzy monocle, I vill be roolin' ze breedin' vurld! Behold, one ov ze genetically twisted creations!

Say hello, Lesurei!

I shall be... harnessing even more genetic powers while huntin' ze starz.

@LDD: Quite the Pokémon mania you have going, there! Keep it up and good luck on those Shinies!

P.S.: Which one of you amazing silly people stuffed my dragons on a view website? They're wanting to give you a big scaly hug, now that they're growing up!

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
*heh* Well, I've sort of won the plot lines of most of the other games I own (I do need to finish some Kingdom Hearts related quests here and there on those games) Conquests is one of those games that you do mindlessly unless it has you cornered on the map. I've finished the main plot on it, and gone through it all over again in one after story, several other shorter quests. It just give me something that's not hatching/hunting yet still as easy to loose myself in.

Also, I'm the one who tossed your DC eggs up on an incubator with mine. At under 3 days I didn't want to see them die. (I've been on DC for a very long time, over 1,400 on my scroll.)

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
This is the hatching that never ends, never ends, never ends! This is the hatching that never ends, it goes on and on, my friends!

Considering my previous time hunting (before my break) and the time afterwards, I should be somewhere between 2000-3000 total eggs hatched for Nincada.

A few crazy 4-5 max IV Nincada have shown up, but I've yet to find a perfect-IV-across-the-board Nincada or a Shiny.

Alas, the hunt continues!

...all these Nincada have just reminded me of something, though. Does anyone with Gen IV games desire any of my many Shedinja-bound Nincada?

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I never liked conquest. such a bad game lol.

Nothing new hunting for Lunatone and solrock atm for July quest.

Years
This is the hatching that never ends, never ends, never ends! This is the hatching that never ends, it goes on and on, my friends!
[/url]

Some people started hatching, not knowing what it was,
And they'll continue hatching it forever just because,
This is the hatching that never ends....

Sorry I had to :P

Years
Hey Guys!
I've never seen or obviously caught a shiny Pokemon yet throughout ANY of the games, but I have recently taken a "shine" to these new Pokemon.I would really love to join the Shiny Hunters and signed up on PC just to give it a shot!
~EDIT~
Forgot to add that I'm gonna start my hunting with a Steelix!

Last edited:

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Greetings, Kurt! Welcome to PC and the SHC!

A Steelix, huh? That's a pretty nice choice! Which game are you hunting it on, and through which method?

Feel free to drop some updates or have a small chat with us while you're doing stuff in-game. It's great to talk about the goings of the hunts so we can all share our Shiny hunting spirit! Speaking of which...

I'm still going at it, myself! Stuffing Nincada into five different boxes until they're full, then uploading them to Pokécheck to see their IVs, keeping any nice ones in the process.

Look at this crazy guy! Too bad about the nature, but it's great for breeding. I now have that one along with this one for breeding. No Masuda, but those 31 IVs are popping out all the time.

Good luck with your hunts, everyone! I'll be around.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
hi there and welcome to the club kurt: interesting target, i wonder if you're going to catch it as a steelix or catch an onix and evolve it.

Looks like hatching has become popular recently, time to make those magma body pokemon work extra time. Speaking of hatching, i decided to hatch some eggs in hopes for a shiny; no shiny this time but at least it has 5 percfect iv's and the desired nature, the only problem, i don't know what to do with it since it has lots of potential. i would have liked it to be shiny so that it could have been jackpot and bonus. (game corner reference).

Currently SRing in platinum, you can guess which is my target since there are Little amount to SR in platinum that are not roamers.

Cya and happy hunting.

Last edited:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I've been playing Voltorb Flip (almost to 450 coins) to get a Sandshrew. I plan to SR for it until I get a shiny one- I've taken a liking to shiny Sandlash.

I lost one of my game systems recently- it's around the house somewhere -so I can't SR on Heartgold. I've been using the Pokeradar in the Trophy Garden, as well, in hopes of running into either a Pikachu with a Light Ball or a shiny Pokemon. I have yet to find either.

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2014
Hello everyone! I would like to join this group if it's okay. I own Two shinies, A Ninjask and a Pichu. I got both of them in Emerald.

Years
Thanks for the warm welcome!
With Steelix I'm going for a hunt in Soulsilver mainly because that is my favourite game with the two regions and all. I'm gonna go for the good old random encounter Onix & then evolve it :p

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
Thanks for the warm welcome!
With Steelix I'm going for a hunt in Soulsilver mainly because that is my favourite game with the two regions and all. I'm gonna go for the good old random encounter Onix & then evolve it :p

Hope you have a masterball in case you find a shiny geodude/graveller and it wants to self destruct...

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Welcome VI; i see you like league of legends.

People, when hunting for shinies that explode or selfdestruct, always have a pokemon with the damp ability, the most common and easiest to find i think its psyduck, and its typing is good agaisnt most of them i guess, just always have ítems to heal it and try to have it a high enough level where it can survive several hits while you try to catch your explosive target. Of course remember to have lots of different kinds of pokeballs as you can.

Years
About to start a new hunt and what happens? My best mate rings me on Skype telling me he just restarted his Pokemon Black game. I asked him what the big deal about that was and he told me the first Pokemon he saw was a SHINY Patrat. Irony.

Back