• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 24, 2015
where is a good starting point for a nube? like ive played some hacks but have never done any coding or anything close to editing making my own hack but now i want to. So i know a little advance map and ive edited the starters but is there a tutorial that goes over everything? alot of the tutorials kinda seem like for ppl that have some exp vs none...like i dnt have photoshop so i cant change the title screen? and how to add scripts to sign posts etc etc sorry for the long post...and thanks ahead for any replys.

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
where is a good starting point for a nube? like ive played some hacks but have never done any coding or anything close to editing making my own hack but now i want to. So I know a little advance map and ive edited the starters but is there a tutorial that goes over everything? alot of the tutorials kinda seem like for ppl that have some exp vs none...like i dnt have photoshop so i cant change the title screen? and how to add scripts to sign posts etc etc sorry for the long post...and thanks ahead for any replys.
Search in the 'Tutorials' section.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
where is a good starting point for a nube? like ive played some hacks but have never done any coding or anything close to editing making my own hack but now i want to. So i know a little advance map and ive edited the starters but is there a tutorial that goes over everything? alot of the tutorials kinda seem like for ppl that have some exp vs none...like i dnt have photoshop so i cant change the title screen? and how to add scripts to sign posts etc etc sorry for the long post...and thanks ahead for any replys.
If you want to learn how to script, I learnt it using thisvideo tutorial, although it's for Pokescript, not XSE, so that might not be what you want.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
Years
@DavidJCobb: Yeah I realized, I'm now using Advance Map 1.92... :P

I have another question, regarding replacing existing 3rd gen sprites in Emerald with D/P ones. I've been using this Tutorial and on ''Stage 2'' Step 2, it says my sprite isn't indexed, I've followed the whole tutorial. I'm using Windows 7 and I've read that this method won't work with Windows 7 and I'm wondering if its true? or if there is an alternative?

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
@DavidJCobb: Yeah I realized, I'm now using Advance Map 1.92... :P

I have another question, regarding replacing existing 3rd gen sprites in Emerald with D/P ones. I've been using this Tutorial and on ''Stage 2'' Step 2, it says my sprite isn't indexed, I've followed the whole tutorial. I'm using Windows 7 and I've read that this method won't work with Windows 7 and I'm wondering if its true? or if there is an alternative?
If you use GIMP, you can find instructions on creating a precisely-indexed image here.

Oxnite

aka Arbok
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2016
I have a small question.

In Pokémon Fire Red and Pokémon Leaf Green, does each Unown form have its own palette? Or do Unown forms share a common palette (which could be the case because only their form changes)?

Thanks a lot.

link12552

decade club
Years
I have a small question.

In Pokémon Fire Red and Pokémon Leaf Green, does each Unown form have its own palette? Or do Unown forms share a common palette (which could be the case because only their form changes)?

Thanks a lot.

All the unknown use the same palette by default, but they each contain their own unique pointer in the palette table so they can be individually changed.
In Firered BPRE, the pointers for the normal palette start at 0x237954, and the shiny palette pointers start at 0x238714.
Most tools for editing Pokemon sprites will take this into account.

Oxnite

aka Arbok
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2016
All the unknown use the same palette by default, but they each contain their own unique pointer in the palette table so they can be individually changed.
In Firered BPRE, the pointers for the normal palette start at 0x237954, and the shiny palette pointers start at 0x238714.
Most tools for editing Pokemon sprites will take this into account.

Whoa, that was quick! Thank you very much, I was hoping for this answer!

I guess the Unown Forms cannot have different moves, stats etc., can they?

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
Questions

I have a couple of questions

1. I was trying to add all r/s tiles to fire red by exporting the picture, blocks, and palettes but when I insert the tiles are either funny colored or all messed up. How can I fix this?

2. Has it already been achieved to increase the number of tiles in he world map in fire red from 256 to 1024 or 2048?

Thanks.

Years
Need little help...

Hi, okay to be honest, i'm kinda new at this stuff,
and i don't want to sound like i know everything you know,
i just have some spare time nowadays and wanted to try something new.

i recently started with hacking a ROM just to learn a couple things about it,
but you know when you want to test something, you always have to start over before you even can test the thing you want to test.

so now i just want to know (even if it's just a link to another thread),
- if you can skip, edit or remove the introduction screen of pokemon LG/FR??
- how to start at a map you recently added,
- how to already have at least 1 pokemon in the beginning of the game,

al these are just to test the things i want to edit, like (for example) add a new trainer, i want to see if the trainer reacts like how i want it, and for that i don't need the whole introduction screen!!!

if somebody please could help me out for this i would appreciate your time.

Greetz ShaHar

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Hi, okay to be honest, i'm kinda new at this stuff,
and i don't want to sound like i know everything you know,
i just have some spare time nowadays and wanted to try something new.

i recently started with hacking a ROM just to learn a couple things about it,
but you know when you want to test something, you always have to start over before you even can test the thing you want to test.

so now i just want to know (even if it's just a link to another thread),
- if you can skip, edit or remove the introduction screen of pokemon LG/FR??
- how to start at a map you recently added,
- how to already have at least 1 pokemon in the beginning of the game,

al these are just to test the things i want to edit, like (for example) add a new trainer, i want to see if the trainer reacts like how i want it, and for that i don't need the whole introduction screen!!!

if somebody please could help me out for this i would appreciate your time.

Greetz ShaHar

You don't have to restart every time. If you're using VisualBoyAdvance, you can use Shift-F1 to make a savestate file, which effectively saves your game. Just press F1 again to load it.
To change the map you start at, you can use Starter Map Chooser Advance (SMCA).
For the last one, it can be done rather easily with a level script.

Years
Thanx for the help, but still help needed.

You don't have to restart every time. If you're using VisualBoyAdvance, you can use Shift-F1 to make a savestate file, which effectively saves your game. Just press F1 again to load it.
To change the map you start at, you can use Starter Map Chooser Advance (SMCA).
For the last one, it can be done rather easily with a level script.

though i appreciate your reply, still there are some problems with this,
first of all, if i restart from a savestate file, the things i changed aren't in the game, i really have to restart from the beginning all the time.
so it would be really great if i could skip that introduction screen somehow (with Prof Oak)...
ok, that SMCA was really helpfull, thanks for that man :)
hmm, if i knew how to do it, i already had done that,
but the level scripting is somewhat out of my league here xp

Greetz

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
though i appreciate your reply, still there are some problems with this,
first of all, if i restart from a savestate file, the things i changed aren't in the game, i really have to restart from the beginning all the time.
so it would be really great if i could skip that introduction screen somehow (with Prof Oak)...
ok, that SMCA was really helpfull, thanks for that man :)
hmm, if i knew how to do it, i already had done that,
but the level scripting is somewhat out of my league here xp

Greetz
The savestate problem is simple. You can't be on the map you edited. It needs to be reloaded before the changes will show up. Hope that helped.

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
I'm using map connections and using a different tileset 2 on the second map. However it doesn't load the different tileset when I go into the next map, it keeps the original so It looks all messed up, how do I fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back