• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Pyrite

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 30, 2018
This game is incredible. It's so hard to nuzlocke. My god. lol. The starter doesn't evolve until after you get your first badge.

I've restarted a few times now. Maybe I'm just bad haha. So much fun though.

dhouse90

Gary's Older Brother
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Sorry if this has been answered but.....IS THIS FINISHED?

Years
How do you get through the Vermilion Gym. I am stuck on the code switches. Please Help Me!
First focus on the bottom three switches in order to open the first door, then go to the other three to open the second door. You need to press them in a specific order, but there's a switch that you probably need to press twice (actually a trainer inside the gym says it, and another trainer will give you a very useful hint too).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
First focus on the bottom three switches in order to open the first door, then go to the other three to open the second door. You need to press them in a specific order, but there's a switch that you probably need to press twice (actually a trainer inside the gym says it, and another trainer will give you a very useful hint too).

Thanks, I managed to get through it.

EDIT:I need the Expn Card to get past the Snorlaxes, I have 3 Kanto Badges. (Boulder/Cascade/Thunder). How do I get it?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2015
i've double-checked cerulean gym twice over and cannot, for the life in me, find the machine part. i revisit the powerplant "gaffa" and he mentioned nothing about where the rocket was last spotted, so i can't be sure the machine part is located in the gym in the pyrite version. any help?

on a totally seperate subject, great hack and the only problem i have is that some elixers cant even be used outside of battle. it just says "will have no effect" despite having low pp.

Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
The machine part isn't in the gym anymore. Check the areas surrounding Cerulean.

I may or may not have found a bug. I got the free pokemon from the guy in Cianwood, and now that I've progressed much farther in the game, he asks for it back. However when I try to give it to him, he says I don't have his pokemon. (The pokemon is a Mr. Mime with an OT name of Mania.)

I have an additional question too: does the exp share exist in this game?

Last edited:
Years
Thanks for the bug reports guys.

I may or may not have found a bug. I got the free pokemon from the guy in Cianwood, and now that I've progressed much farther in the game, he asks for it back. However when I try to give it to him, he says I don't have his pokemon. (The pokemon is a Mr. Mime with an OT name of Mania.)
Interesting, he could be checking for Shuckle. I'll investigate.

I have an additional question too: does the exp share exist in this game?
Yes, and you can get one in the Goldenrod pokecenter by giving a lady a eon mail. There's the native exp share too (show red scale to oak iirc), so there are two.

on a totally seperate subject, great hack and the only problem i have is that some elixers cant even be used outside of battle. it just says "will have no effect" despite having low pp.
Hmm, did you have pp ups by any chance. I'm not sure if tehre was a natice gsc bug that ethers/elixers didnt work well when the mon had pp ups.

Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
Wow, thanks for the fast response. I was able to get both exp shares. By the way, it's Mr. Pokemon to whom you have to show the red scale.

never mind

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
hey i found something interesting, if you defeat a pokemon while your pokemon holding exp share it will get double the amount of exp, this is good for trainning

Edit: i know it works with the exp share you get from mr pokemon's house, where can i find eon mail and i have caught raikou and suicune, is entei a roaming poke aswell?

Last edited:
Years
hey i found something interesting, if you defeat a pokemon while your pokemon holding exp share it will get double the amount of exp, this is good for trainning
If this is actually true, then it's a bug. You receive experience twice, but you receive only half the experiece each time.
I suspect that what really happened was that the pokemon holding exp share was underleveled compared to the Pokemon that was defeated. In this case, it's possible to receive up twice the amount of experience, regardless of if exp share is being used (see OP for more details)

You can buy Eon Mail from shops. In general each shop sells a different mail. Entei is a roaming Pokemon just like Suicune.

Years
I've fixed the Mr. Mime issue along with two other minor bugs that were pointed out in Skeetendo and just reuploaded the hack and the ips patch again. If you've already downloaded Pokemon Pyrite, there's no real need to redownload it since the bugs are hardly noticeable.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 12, 2016
Hello. Awesome game so far.

I am just wondering something. My Chikorita has reached level 20, but after won't gain anymore exp. It just says it has gained 0 exp. Why does it say this? Is there a level cap according to the number of badges you have acquired or something? Is it a bug?

Edit: Took another look at OP. Ahh that is great! :D I love this level cap. Haha wow this game really is awesome.

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2018
Great hack, I'm loving it so far! Where is Heracross? I have it in the dex but it doesn't show its nest. In the original game you could find it in headbutt trees in Azalea but I've had no luck so far. Do you find it in the bug-catching contest?

Years
Great hack, I'm loving it so far! Where is Heracross? I have it in the dex but it doesn't show its nest. In the original game you could find it in headbutt trees in Azalea but I've had no luck so far. Do you find it in the bug-catching contest?

You can find Heracross using Headbutt in the trees of Ilex Forest, although it's rare.

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
Hello, I've been lurking through this forum for a long time now and I think I've never had the feel to post anything before. I want to congratulate you, I've probably played more than 40 different pokemon hack roms and I must say that your version is one of the most engaging I've ever played. The level curve fits really well, the difficulty change is awesome, it's really challenging and rewarding at the same time. I just have one problem tho; I just bought the thunder stone to evolve my Eevee, and it is already at level 34. I don't know if at level 34 I already missed thundershock (or whatever electric-type move it would learn) or if I still have to level it up a bit more. As stated before in this thread, some information like changes in evolution level/method and level-up pool are really helpfull for new players. I know you want it to be challenging, but leaving a note with those informations won't change the difficulty of beating the game, since it's user-option to read these notes or not. I would really appreciate some of this information (specially on the Jolteon thing I just pointed out), and I bet it would encourage new players to keep playing the ROM! Anyways, this is a fantastic game, good job!

Last edited:
Back