• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
Code:
'---------------
#org 0x298D2A
checkflag 0x202
if 0x1 goto 0x8298D6F
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0x8298D90 MSG_NORMAL '"Hold on kiddo!"
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x8298D72
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x4 0x298D75
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox 0x8298DA1 MSG_NORMAL '"Where the hell did you come from?\..."
applymovement 0x4 0x8298D83
waitmovement 0x0
setflag 0x202
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x298D6F
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x298D90
= Hold on kiddo!

#org 0x298DA1
= Where the hell did you come from?\nI saw that statue glow,\pthen you just pop out of nowhere!\nHmph... Ill figure it out.

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#org 0x298D72
#raw 0x2 'Face Left
#raw 0xFE 'End of Movements

#org 0x298D75
#raw 0x20 'Step Right (Fast)
#raw 0x55 'Jump in Place (Facing Right)

#org 0x298D83
#raw 0x1F 'Step Left (Fast)

The person doesn't come to the player, it's not the person number cause on the tile two tiles away it works just fine, same everything except for two extra movements.

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
I usually try to figure things out on my own, but I've been having a lot of trouble with the scripts on this map, and this one baffles me the most. I don't want to spoil the scripting, but I'll post it so you guys maybe could help me out.

Anyway, when the player steps on the tile, nothing at all happens. I thought is was a flag issue (I would have a checkflag if 0x1 goto script at the begginning, but I took it out until I get it to work), but it still happens. I've tried many settings (0300 4050, 0003 4050, 0003 4057, 0003 4051 0002 among others) but it still doesn't happen. I would really appreciate some help, as this script is important.

By the way, this is firered, for Johto Adventures, and I'm using XSE.

Spoiler:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I usually try to figure things out on my own, but I've been having a lot of trouble with the scripts on this map, and this one baffles me the most. I don't want to spoil the scripting, but I'll post it so you guys maybe could help me out.

Anyway, when the player steps on the tile, nothing at all happens. I thought is was a flag issue (I would have a checkflag if 0x1 goto script at the begginning, but I took it out until I get it to work), but it still happens. I've tried many settings (0300 4050, 0003 4050, 0003 4057, 0003 4051 0002 among others) but it still doesn't happen. I would really appreciate some help, as this script is important.

By the way, this is firered, for Johto Adventures, and I'm using XSE.

Spoiler:

What's the var VALUE (not number) of the script tile?

@Panda, ash's script has been fixed, I was just informing him that he was using an old version of XSE.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Your offset A000000 is not an ingame offset.
The hex in the GBA rom is from 000000 to FFFFFF
You might be wanting A00000
As Pokepal stated I've already fixed it :)
And the offset... I just misspelled it :D

You should update your version of XSE, since you are using a version that has been outdatet since Christmas. I can tell because the "msgbox" command now has the "callstd" value as a third parameter. Please read the first post next time as it clearly states that you need to be using the latest version of XSE. :3
well I'm used to callstd so I don't mind it :D
But I guess I'll update it anyway :D

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
var number means the varibles number so 4050 is var 0x4050 if you ever set a var 0x4050 0x1 that means the var value is 0x1. setting it to 0x300, 0x400 or 0x200 will come out with the same result(un less acorse you used it somewhere 0x4050 0x200) so I am not sure if 0x300 will fix the problem but if it dose, note that it dose not have to be exactly 0x300 to work.

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
Edit: Never mind, I finally fixed the problem. After experimenting with different values, I found that 0300 as the unknown, 4060 for the var number, and 0000 for the var value works fine. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Edit: Never mind, I finally fixed the problem. After experimenting with different values, I found that 0300 as the unknown, 4060 for the var number, and 0000 for the var value works fine. Thanks for your help.

Everything is fine except the Unknown. It should be 0003. Don't listen to anyone else suggesting you to put it as 0300. That was for AM 1.82 and older. Since AdvanceMap 1.90 (thanks to my suggestion) the values were properly handled as a single value. Hence way now with the newest AM you have to type 0003.

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
Years
Everything is fine except the Unknown. It should be 0003. Don't listen to anyone else suggesting you to put it as 0300. That was for AM 1.82 and older. Since AdvanceMap 1.90 (thanks to my suggestion) the values were properly handled as a single value. Hence way now with the newest AM you have to type 0003.

I tried using 0003 but it only works if i walk up to it, not walking down/right/left.
Im using a-map 1.90 btw.

Years
  • Seen Jul 9, 2017
How can I make a trade script in ruby with xse?

example: I want a script where you can trade a hitmonlee for an electrode

The-Great-Falkner

There just that damn good!
Years
I was wondering if this script is correct to use in a game I'm making

Spoiler:

Im trying to make a script that you walk up to him from your house entrance 3 steps down and he gives you a pokemon but I wasn't sure if it was right

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I'm using HackMew's XSE. This is the problem I'm having:

In the script editor, here's what my script looks like:
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/6571/ugha.png

However, after I click on Compile, I open up the script again in AdvanceMap, but this is what it looks like:
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/4944/ughb.png

Now where the hell did all of that random stuff come from?

That would be XSE's built-in anti-profanity scanner picking up on your naughty language and reacting accordingly.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
oh I didn't know xse had that feature. then just make the script without the curse then hex edit (or other scripter not sure if other scripters have the same feature I never curse) and add your curse but I am giving you a word of advise. Dont curse XD

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
oh I didn't know xse had that feature. then just make the script without the curse then hex edit (or other scripter not sure if other scripters have the same feature I never curse) and add your curse but I am giving you a word of advise. Dont curse XD

o.O
That was a joke... (but your advise is still morally correct^^)

I think the problem actually lies in the fact that there is no 'end' after 'trainerbattle' so XSE continues to decompile the data after the 'trainerbattle' which is most likely not a script and actually some other form of data. However, doesn't 'trainerbattle' end the script after the battle is over? Actually, there might be a certain type of 'trainerbattle' which continues the script afterwards but I haven't scripted a battle in ages. You should test out the script in-game and see if it works OK. If it does, then it doesn't matter what you get when you decompile the script.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Yeah I notice that you should always have an "end". And good point it might just be the program not the actual game, always test first(hey something might go terribly wrong and you might get a few laughs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back