• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
So yeah, here are the sprites in the game if i'm not mistaken. I put the number of pixels on top of the sprite to indicate how many pixels off or under the actual ones are. I tested the protagonists of fr/lg, and they have the same height. Although this doesn't simply imply that reducing the pixels vertically anywhere on the sprite in order to lower their height, we still need to make their height proportionate to the official ones.

size_comparison_protagonist.png

For the rival, i believe the frlg rival is a pixel or something taller than the protagonists, so i had it separated from the rest.

size_comparison_rival.png

cheers, let me know what you think about it. :)
I see what you mean now. Yeah, they are certainly differently proportioned. Personally, Silver looks fine, but the hero sprites need to be changed.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Heh i have lots of patience but this is getting frustrating.
And btw there must have be a 5% chance to find one with metal claw like in emerald since this hack uses this game as a base
I think what helped me was having a Lv.70ish Scrafty knowing Thief against Lv.48 Solrocks on Route 13 (again, in Unova). Thief at times knocks them out in one blow. When I finally got my Sun Stone (which got cloned immediately, and my original post about that adventure is in the Unova Journal thread at the top), the Solrock fainted on that first attack despite it being only 40 base power.

And yes, that Sun Stone was a 5% chance. And yes, I saw a couple dozen Solrocks in the session where I got it - plus enemies that keep you from running away and force you to waste time (yes, they stopped Lv.70 Pokés from running away).

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
I see what you mean now. Yeah, they are certainly differently proportioned. Personally, Silver looks fine, but the hero sprites need to be changed.

Alright, thank you for your consideration. I just played through the latest patch, i haven't found any bugs, but i haven't visited much homes in the towns though, I only just collected badges quick and i've made it to ecruteak city.

Here are my thoughts, only minor suggestions though:

1. The pokegear background picture features a pokenav, not a pokegear.
change_pokenav_bg_image.png

Yes, i know the pokegear is still a work in progress, but may i suggest that the background picture on the pokegear's menu be changed to the pokegear instead of the pokenav?

2. The mystery egg sprite, well i was wondering if you could replace it with the hg/ss one, since you used the squirtbottle..
This:
mystery_egg_sprite.png

replace it with this:
Bag_Mystery_Egg_Sprite.png

Sierraffinity

Years
Alright, thank you for your consideration. I just played through the latest patch, i haven't found any bugs, but i haven't visited much homes in the towns though, I only just collected badges quick and i've made it to ecruteak city.

Here are my thoughts, only minor suggestions though:

1. The pokegear background picture features a pokenav, not a pokegear.
change_pokenav_bg_image.png

Yes, i know the pokegear is still a work in progress, but may i suggest that the background picture on the pokegear's menu be changed to the pokegear instead of the pokenav?

2. The mystery egg sprite, well i was wondering if you could replace it with the hg/ss one, since you used the squirtbottle..
This:
mystery_egg_sprite.png

replace it with this:
Bag_Mystery_Egg_Sprite.png
I have my spriter making the Pokégear sprite now, and I may swap out the egg sprites in the future.

In today's update: Goldenrod City Revamped!
IAjHb.png

Thanks to a new palette and a few new tiles, Goldenrod City feels completely different!
Personally, I think it's much improved over the last version. Tell me what you guys think!

Years
Ok ill download the new patch and try it ;)
Btw has the Ruins of Alph music changed and the poison animation when you are walking out of a battle

Edit:
Omg i started a new game and did set the day to Sunday and everything was ok but now that its Monday ingame its Friday and if i change my Androids day to Tuesday its Saturday ingame :(
Anyway the new Silvers sprite and Falkners OW sprite look better and i like how Goldenrod looks now and the new theme is just epic
And i forgot to mention about the new colours in Pokemon Stats they are great!

Edit 2:
If i set Monday as the current day ingame everything is normal and all days of the week work

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Years
Ok ill download the new patch and try it ;)
Btw has the Ruins of Alph music changed and the poison animation when you are walking out of a battle

Edit:
Omg i started a new game and did set the day to Sunday and everything was ok but now that its Monday ingame its Friday and if i change my Androids day to Tuesday its Saturday ingame :(
Anyway the new Silvers sprite and Falkners OW sprite look better and i like how Goldenrod looks now and the new theme is just epic
And i forgot to mention about the new colours in Pokemon Stats they are great!

Edit 2:
If i set Monday as the current day ingame everything is normal and all days of the week work
Why on earth is this bug so hard to kill? I don't have the Android device with me right now but please let me know if this new version works.

Also new in this version: a new Pokégear background! And some big news: I've finally figured out generic trainers in the Pokégear! However, please note that this does not mean that all the trainers will be able to call and give you items and all just yet; this is still in the preliminary stages. Also, I'll need someone to come up with what they say when you call and what is said when you choose to "check" them. I may just take their "what they say" straight from Crystal, but I'll still need someone to do the rest.

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
I have my spriter making the Pokégear sprite now, and I may swap out the egg sprites in the future.
Thanks to a new palette and a few new tiles, Goldenrod City feels completely different!
Personally, I think it's much improved over the last version. Tell me what you guys think!

Awesome work, thanks a lot diego. i want to replay the game again with the new patch, thanks for the updates. :)

edit: just noticed elitepokes' post, i agree the falkner overworld looks perfect! the frlg feel is really there. :)
I'm thinking that there maybe a possibility that the falkner trainer sprite would be changed to accomodate the overworld's colors?

Last edited:

RicardoDTX

Normal Type Gym Leader
Years
I'd just like to ask a few questions.
When was Beta 1 and Beta 2 released?

In a few page back you said you have a schedule between Shining Opal and Crystal Dust, on what "stage" are you in now?

and lastly, after completing the pokemon league I went to Olivine Port and tried to get into the SS Aqua (or whatever the name is) but instead there was a TM 02 (Headbut), why was there a TM 02 there? (the boat I can understand)

Thanks for your time, keep up the awesome work.
Gym Leader Whitney~

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Thanks guys for the comments about the Falkner OW. :D I should hopefully be able to update a lot more of them soon. :D You'll also want to check out Jasmine too. She's decided to get a makeover too. ^^ Also, just thought I'd let you guys know I'm nearly done with Bugsy's new sprite. ;D

I'm replaying through the game at the moment. :) I think it's been mentioned before, but I think the Mart's early items (pre-first badge) is different to that of Crystals- notably, you coulnd't buy Escape Rope's at Violet City's Pokemon Mart in the original Crystal iirc (I have been playing Gold a bit recently so I might be getting my facts mixed up) but you can in CD. A bit minimal, but eh. Every little bit counts. ^^

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'd just like to ask a few questions.
When was Beta 1 and Beta 2 released?

In a few page back you said you have a schedule between Shining Opal and Crystal Dust, on what "stage" are you in now?

and lastly, after completing the pokemon league I went to Olivine Port and tried to get into the SS Aqua (or whatever the name is) but instead there was a TM 02 (Headbut), why was there a TM 02 there? (the boat I can understand)

Thanks for your time, keep up the awesome work.
Gym Leader Whitney~
From my knowledge, he's on Shining Opal right now; after a beta release, he switches hacks. However, there are a lot of new patches going out for this one, so I dunno NEmore...

Cyclone

Years
Hey Diego ill try the new version later when i get home to check the new Pokegear Background and the RTC bug also thats greats news for the Pokegear if you take the Trainers dialogues from Crystal it will be great.

Retribution i checked Jasmines OW aswell its great but my favorite is Falkners you did a really awesome job there i cant wait to see Bugsys OW :D
As for the market items i played Crystal not a long time ago when i was testing this hack and i think this hack got the same items for sale

At this stage this hacks Johto is the best Johto i ever saw its better than other hacks and even the original GSC (the only thing i miss is Pokegear and the other Legendaries but those will probably be available in future betas if everything goes well) keep up the awesome work guys ;)

Hehe the IPS file is 1,60 MB now :D

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Hey Diego ill try the new version later when i get home to check the new Pokegear Background and the RTC bug also thats greats news for the Pokegear if you take the Trainers dialogues from Crystal it will be great.

Retribution i checked Jasmines OW aswell its great but my favorite is Falkners you did a really awesome job there i cant wait to see Bugsys OW :D
As for the market items i played Crystal not a long time ago when i was testing this hack and i think this hack got the same items for sale

At this stage this hacks Johto is the best Johto i ever saw its better than other hacks and even the original GSC (the only thing i miss is Pokegear and the other Legendaries but those will probably be available in future betas if everything goes well) keep up the awesome work guys ;)

Hehe the IPS file is 1,60 MB now :D

Ah, awesome. :D I'm glad that you really like them. :) I finished the Bugsy sprite earlier so expect it soon. :D I really tried to give it that "old school" look like Falkner's so hopefully it'll be well received. :D And I completely agree- this is one of the best hacks and, in my opinion, the definitive G/S/C hack (minus HG/SS ofc.) :)

Gym Leader Whitney

Normal Type Gym Leader
Years
I just checked the pokegear new design, it looks amazing!

Ah, awesome. :D I'm glad that you really like them. :) I finished the Bugsy sprite earlier so expect it soon. :D I really tried to give it that "old school" look like Falkner's so hopefully it'll be well received. :D And I completely agree- this is one of the best hacks and, in my opinion, the definitive G/S/C hack (minus HG/SS ofc.) :)

Are you going to work on my sprite as well, Retribution?

EDIT: I found a bug, my pokegear says that its "Monday 44:17 pm".

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I just checked the pokegear new design, it looks amazing!

Are you going to work on my sprite as well, Retribution?

EDIT: I found a bug, my pokegear says that its "Monday 44:17 pm".

I might, although I think the current Whitney sprite is pretty good anyway. :D It's not a priority at the moment anyway- I want to work on sprites like Pryce and Claire first since I think they could be made more FR-like. :)

Years

IAjHb.png

WOW! Awesome work with the palette! Really beautiful! :) Keep working, you're doing an excellent job!

Years
Whoa I was playing with the new patch when this happened

w02xqb.png

Mist appeared and a weird music started to play, all the npcs was missing in the route and no wild Pokemon appeared when suddenly this happened!
It appeared behind me and i freaked out and it started chasing me and my game crashed before it could come close to me :(
Idk if thats a easter egg or a little surprise so sorry if i spoiled it for you but i think i saved you from freaking out

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Whoa I was playing with the new patch when this happened

w02xqb.png

Fog appeared and a weird music started to play, all the npcs was missing in the route and no wild Pokemon appeared when suddenly this happened!
It appeared behind me and i freaked out and it started chaching me and my game crashed before it could come close to me :(
Idk if thats a easter egg or a little surprise so sorry if i spoiled it for you but i think i saved you from freaking out
Congratulations, you have unlocked Halloween Mode.

Kidding aside, what exactly happened here?

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2024
How about a picture of the old one for side by side comparisons? Good idea with revamping what you don't feel comfortable with.

Back