• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shooting at MIT

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
Gunshots heard in Watertown. Police responding to location.

Suspect believed to be down. Hearing all this on the news and it's not confirmed, but seems legit.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Oh, and Wyoming Senator Mike Enzi who thinks that the solution for all this is telling parents to have a deep talk with their kids and tell them "murdering people is wrong". I wonder why nobody thought of this before.
I saw that and it was laughable and sad at the same time. Just idiotic.

Gunshots heard in Watertown. Police responding to location.

Suspect believed to be down. Hearing all this on the news and it's not confirmed, but seems legit.
Don't know about down. I heard cornered.

Last edited:

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
This might be it. Police scanners going crazy in Watertown.

Here's some info I found:

EDIT 309: 7:23PM "Clear the air. Let's maintain radio silence." "OK boss, we're in the house."
EDIT 308: 7:22PM "Keep going dispatch, you guys are doing a great job."
EDIT 307: 7:22PM All non-tactical policemen are asked to leave the area. Those with the best weapons are in place and they want them to have the best view of the incident.
EDIT 286: 7:19PM The backyard has been cleared of all officers and civilians in case of crossfire. Apparent standoff situation - will continue to update quickly. The scanner is very busy.
EDIT 285: 7:17PM If the boat is in fact opened, officers are to be wary of crossfire. EMS is being called. Passerbys are advising multiple people are running. Unsure if they are civilian or not.
EDIT 284: 7:16PM All non-essential officers are being asked to set up a perimeter. They are ripping off something...not sure what. I think he is hiding in a boat.
EDIT 283: 7:16PM Garage is clear. I have a scanner up and I will update by the moment from here on out until the conclusion.
EDIT 282: 7:15PM Shots fired. Suspect possibly down. Ambulance being backed in. "All police officers form all commands in the rear of that white garage behind the house need to move. You are in the line of fire."

He's apparently hiding in a boat and might be armed.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Yeah, they've got him trapped inside a boat in Watertown. They're getting a dog ready to track him down if he gets away. I don't think he has anywhere to go at this point. Let's just hope they can get him alive.

Edit: Preparing to enter the boat, no movement.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
Suspect is still alive, still moving according to news.

Also:
Spoiler:

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Yeah, they've got him trapped inside a boat in Watertown. They're getting a dog ready to track him down if he gets away. I don't think he has anywhere to go at this point. Let's just hope they can get him alive.

I'm just afraid he might want to go out with a bang just because he knows that there isn't any way out of this now. Let's hope for the best.

Here's some more updated information:

EDIT 317: 7:31PM Want to keep updating everyone each minute. Still radio silence. Completely dead on the radio.
EDIT 316: 7:30PM Two choppers in the air (according to whatever news station I have on TV - NOT THE SCANNER) with infrared cameras.
EDIT 315: 7:29PM Still mumblings about dogs and weapons, no brand new information. Still attempting radio silence for the TAC squads.
EDIT 314: 7:28PM Suspect is in the boat and he has a wire fence behind him. Trying to decipher chatter here as quickly as I can. Sorry if I miss something.
EDIT 313: 7:27PM One friendly is "a little too close" to the boat. Asking them to leave.
EDIT 312: 7:26PM "Suspect prone" Not sure if I heard that right. There is still movement in the back of the boat.
EDIT 311: 7:26PM They are attempting to come up with an official dog to track down the suspect in case he gets out of the boat. FBI dog versus BPD dog? I pick the FBI dog.
EDIT 310: 7:25PM Tactical folk trying to get up on a wall for either entry or line of sight. They have a K9 unit on hand as well.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Yeah he doesn't seem like he's gonna give in yet or go down easily, but there's really nothing he can do, he's trapped. I hear there apparently explosions , though those could be just flash bangs he's setting off to scare people. Who knows though, just hope they find him alive.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Not much has happened as of recent. It's extremely likely he's hiding in a boat and he's pretty much cornered at the moment. There's nowhere to go now.

Not much progress being made on the police scanner, though. Obviously they have to approach the situation in a careful manner because this guy might be armed and may have bombs on him. I believe they're throwing gas grenades near the boat so that he eventually will have to succumb. He probably doesn't have any protective gear, so he's going to have give up soon. He also probably hasn't eaten anything, either, so he's probably extremely weak as it is. I just hope he doesn't want to go out with a bang, and that's probably the reason why law enforcement is being extremely hesitant with approaching the boat at the moment.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
This guy is screwed. My dad told me there's like 2800 officers surrounding him, if not that a enough to where there's literally nothing he could do.

He's either going to surrender or he'll go out with a bang; really hoping the former just so we could instigate him.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Yeah he doesn't seem like he's gonna give in yet or go down easily, but there's really nothing he can do, he's trapped. I hear there apparently explosions , though those could be just flash bangs he's setting off to scare people. Who knows though, just hope they find him alive.
FBI threw one flashbang in the boat, but he was on the other side. Not sure if it affected him at all or not.

Sir Codin

I'm Skyping with a friend who lives in the area right now. She says things are really getting tense. The kid also went to her college.

Jesus, I can't imagine how nervous she must be right now.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Something is apparently going to happen at 9 P.M. EST. For now, the police are pretty much just circling the house and keeping still.

EDIT 360: 8:29PM An ambulance is blocking something, EMS is coming to move it. New scanner is still trying to load so I'll keep it going. Asked again to keep chatter to a minimum. The scene sounds tense, but under control.
EDIT 359: 8:26PM Officers asking for cold water. I'm looking at a new scanner right now so we'll see if that is more active.
EDIT 358: 8:25PM Police told to stay at their post until 2100. Not sure what will happen at 9:00PM but they will fall back to "H4"
EDIT 357: 8:23PM Chatter about a larger perimeter perhaps beyond the smaller one. Talking about offramps and highway codes.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Yeah, HRT team got him in custody, so couldn't hear much of what actually happened from police scanner. Swat teams have been relieved, and they're congratulating everyone. They were calling an ambulance for him earlier, so lets just hope he's still alive. They haven't said.

Sir Codin

He was apparently questioned a little bit before being read his Miranda Rights. Details of the questioning haven't been released yet.

And yeah, he's also still injured. How extensively though, I can't say.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Yeah, HRT team got him in custody, so couldn't hear much of what actually happened from police scanner. Swat teams have been relieved, and they're congratulating everyone. They were calling an ambulance for him earlier, so lets just hope he's still alive. They haven't said.
I think he's alive. They said he needs medical treatment, but they weren't specific.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
"APP TO ALL BOSTON POLICE - WE HAVE OUR SECOND SUSPECT OF THE BOSTON MARATHON BOMBING IN CUSTODY - REPEAT - THE SECOND SUSPECT IS IN CUSTODY."

It's official, and he's alive!

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Oh thank God, he's alive, I want to know answers as to why he did it and such. Glad we can finally to this man to rest.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
So glad we arrested him. Now he's going to have to answer a ton of questions.

Back