• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

darklugia2010

darklugia2010
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 16, 2024
it's cool that some is making a remake, but I can't seem to find the webpage. hopefully someone will post some screen shots of the remake.

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
2. Stable Zombiemon are however catchable via the wild encounter modifier. Using the host Pokemon's modifier code will generate it's Zombiemon form in this game. However since they weren't designed to be catchable, while they'll have their Zombiemon identities in name and front sprite in their summary and Pokedex entries (though the entries themselves are unaltered from canon), they keep their hosts' backs sprites.
i.e Rotmander registers as a Rotmander but appears as a regular Charmander in battle.

Update on this.

So I'd used the modifier to catch a Rotmander and just evolved it into it's third form which is Dragon, the Pokemon King Meteor uses. I heavily regretted this as soon as I sent it into battle. Why?
Spoiler:

Yeah, this nonsense actually happened! Imagine what it looks like when I use Flamethrower (or Fire pump as it's been renamed in this game). :P
Maybe it's because it's not my particular brand of humor but I am not amused.

I wasn't a fan of the green but could have dealt with that now THIS... *sigh* I really liked Lucifer here and was gonna make him my 'Fly' Pokemon (assuming Fly is even obtainable in this hack, it had better be!) but this pretty thoroughly ruined him for me.
I'm power grinding for the Inquisition Base and am gonna box him now.

To compliment this I'll give some positive notes based both on where I am in the game and in the Let's Play I'm watching.

The Gleis character raises just the right questions for a decent mystery, he seems to be fighting on the right side but his crypticness and tendency to sidetrack our character eventually puts his motives to the test.

I'm finding the 4 horsemen storyline clever and cool even if it's a random shift from the zombie apocalypse and I'm missing the zombiemon.
The Deadly or more like Dorky seven are interesting in a creepy psychotic way except for their ONE recycled defeat dialogue between them and I'm NOT looking forward to having to battle them twice more in a row without at least a few changeups in their Pokemon.

Our character getting his/her own dialogue is greatly unique and some of the best dialogue in the game and I love that there is a dark gym, something underused in the canon.

I said this before but the Impossible Wattson battle that had to be lost was another unique and intriguing concept.

UPDATE:

I made it into Famine's desert and I have a question.

Normally in RSE/LGFR Pikachu learns Thunder at level 41 but in this game when my Pikachu reached level 41 a bit ago it learned Discharge instead which isn't even a 3rd gen move. It was introduced in 4th gen.
As such, it appears as though Discharge was created for this game via manipulating Thunder so that it both has Discharge's power and can hit both opponents in a double battle because I'm pretty sure the animation is Thunder's but I'm still unclear on something, does this mean Thunder doesn't exist in this game?
I'm guessing it probably doesn't but want to know for sure before I evolve my Pikachu.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
Thunder is in this game. Discharge just borrows its animation. It doesn't replace Thunder. Though I don't know why you'd want to use Thunder. Thunderbolt is way better because of its accuracy unless you're going for a Rain Dance setup.

I'm not sure why Pikachu got Discharge instead of Thunder. Maybe because nobody uses Thunder?

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
Question: Where can one find blue rocks to use the move tutor?
I found one on the beach on route 104 a few tiles south east-ish of the fisherman who's mining salt from the ocean because it turns zombies back into corpses but that's the only one I could find via Google. Where are there others?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
Question: Where can one find blue rocks to use the move tutor?
I found one on the beach on route 104 a few tiles south east-ish of the fisherman who's mining salt from the ocean because it turns zombies back into corpses but that's the only one I could find via Google. Where are there others?

It's pretty much in the same places the Heart Scales were. Grab the Itemfinder and search around the beaches of Hoenn.

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
It's pretty much in the same places the Heart Scales were. Grab the Itemfinder and search around the beaches of Hoenn.

Where do you get the item finder? I don't currently have it.
Come to think of it, I'm not sure if I've ever had it in the canon games either.

UPDATE:

All right, I might have screwed up, I really really hope I didn't.
I accidetally went to Gym Island before Necropolis and the final Senex battle not realizing it was going to come into the plot later.
I've gathered that going off-plot can be fatal to progression in this game, i.e losing the first Senex battle soft locks the game because it still clears the roof of the Lilycove Shopping Center without delivering the Dive HM.
Did I do that here? Did I screw myself over? >_<

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 17, 2020
What is the percentage chance of winning the second drinking game in lilycove? i've spent too much time on it and i was wondering how much the odds are actually against my favor here

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
Question: how do you defeat the demon in Petalburg woods? I tried many times but still lose to him!

What is your starter? If it's Paras, you are SOL. If it's Baltoy, it will learn Rock Tomb at Level 15 which will sweep pretty easily. Be mindful of Dark-type moves. If it's Koffing, use Poison Gas, then stall with the free infinite Potions you get at Petalburg or 200p Zombie Livers available at all vending machines.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen yesterday
Question: Can Surskit be found in the grass of Route 102 or is it only in the water? Asking because I am doing a Professor Oak's Challenge of this hack and the wiki says it is catchable on Route 102. Yet not once during my grind did I find a Surskit.

Last edited:
Back