• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Gijinka Dungeon

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
Years
I've been wanting to do something like this for a while now, so I started on an OP. *shrugs*

Spoiler: Cue Dramatic Music
Team Obsidian; they felt that humans needed to be better...
Team Neo Flare; wanted to eradicate the world of the evil of humans...
What do these two have in common?
They made a great change...​

Team Obsidian, a group mainly composed of scientists. They believed that humans could be so much greater than they are now. They thought that humans should be the ones with all of the power. So they experimented with human children and Pokémon, and after many lab subjects' deaths, they succeeded in creating what they called Gijinka. A hybrid of man and 'mon, they lived longer, were more intelligent, and were more powerful than the average human or Pokémon. Team Obsidian locked these creatures deep underground for further testing.

Team Neo Flare, inspired by their leader, the grandson of Lysandre, believed that the world needed to be cleansed of the evils of humans. They crushed everyone who opposed them, and succeeded in rebuilding the Ultimate Weapon used by the ancient Kalosian king, AZ, many years ago. Due to Team Neo Flare's skill and vast ranks, no one could stop the Weapon from firing. The Ultimate Weapon killed every single human and Pokémon...

Except for the Gijinka, who have been locked so deep underground, the blast didn't kill them. The Gijinka escaped from their prisons, and started life anew...

----------​

3000 years later, the Gijinka Race has grown tremendously. Some live in bustling cities, some live in small towns, and some in tribes. You are one of these Gijinka living in the Orgio Region, to join the Orgio Division of the Lucario Guild. Whether you've moved there from another region, or you've lived there your entire life, is up to you. Get creative!

And that's all I've got. While I didn't get it typed up yet, the Lucario Guild is essentially a law enforcement-like group, dedicated to protecting the population. Like the Police, but cooler 'cuz they can breathe fire and expel electricity from their bodies. Mystery Dungeons are available in this game, as are some cool extras. Well, at least I think they're cool. Lemme know what you guys think.

Nove Nu-Vonde

( acquaintances become antiquated )
Years
This is certainly an interesting idea! Good gijinka RPs are hard to come by (I find most are just a bunch of mindless fluff used an excuse to play as your favorite Pokemon in human form) but this one has potential, I think. The plot could use some expansion, and I'm not a fan of these vague unnamed scientists being needlessly cruel and greedy, but overall if this got developed further I'd certainly love to be a part of this.

Years
I've been in a few gijinka games, most of which had the gijinka in hiding, as a minority group. It's interesting to see a world set after humans, where gijinka is the norm, but it honestly looks very similar to a Mystery Dungeon game. Either way, it has my support, but you might want to find a unique identity for the game as you create it, so it doesn't get lost in the mix.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I've been wanting to do something like this for a while now, so I started on an OP. *shrugs*

Spoiler: Cue Dramatic Music
Team Obsidian; they felt that humans needed to be better...
Team Neo Flare; wanted to eradicate the world of the evil of humans...
What do these two have in common?
They made a great change...​

Team Obsidian, a group mainly composed of scientists. They believed that humans could be so much greater than they are now. They thought that humans should be the ones with all of the power. So they experimented with human children and Pokémon, and after many lab subjects' deaths, they succeeded in creating what they called Gijinka. A hybrid of man and 'mon, they lived longer, were more intelligent, and were more powerful than the average human or Pokémon. Team Obsidian locked these creatures deep underground for further testing.

Team Neo Flare, inspired by their leader, the grandson of Lysandre, believed that the world needed to be cleansed of the evils of humans. They crushed everyone who opposed them, and succeeded in rebuilding the Ultimate Weapon used by the ancient Kalosian king, AZ, many years ago. Due to Team Neo Flare's skill and vast ranks, no one could stop the Weapon from firing. The Ultimate Weapon killed every single human and Pokémon...

Except for the Gijinka, who have been locked so deep underground, the blast didn't kill them. The Gijinka escaped from their prisons, and started life anew...

----------​

3000 years later, the Gijinka Race has grown tremendously. Some live in bustling cities, some live in small towns, and some in tribes. You are one of these Gijinka living in the Orgio Region, to join the Orgio Division of the Lucario Guild. Whether you've moved there from another region, or you've lived there your entire life, is up to you. Get creative!

And that's all I've got. While I didn't get it typed up yet, the Lucario Guild is essentially a law enforcement-like group, dedicated to protecting the population. Like the Police, but cooler 'cuz they can breathe fire and expel electricity from their bodies. Mystery Dungeons are available in this game, as are some cool extras. Well, at least I think they're cool. Lemme know what you guys think.
Playing as a Gijinka is always fun! However, I see some inconsistencies with your plot... Are there no more animals/pokémon? So wildlife only consists of plants and everybody is a vegetarian? Or to Gijinka hunt each other?

Also why were they locked away so deep underground? I mean, it's just a RP and you want to get to the setting you aim to play in, but it seems a bit strange and inconvenient.

Sorry if I'm nitpicking haha, but at least the first question I think is valid.

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
Years
Hey guys, sorry for the very late response. I apologize if these answers don't exactly clear anything up. :3c I've never done this kind of thing before, except for Yet Another Pokémon Story, and GameFreak did most of the work for me on that one.

This is certainly an interesting idea! Good gijinka RPs are hard to come by (I find most are just a bunch of mindless fluff used an excuse to play as your favorite Pokemon in human form) but this one has potential, I think.

Thanks! I didn't want it to be "fluff" either, and I'm taking precautions to do so, such as it being rated M, etc.

The plot could use some expansion, and I'm not a fan of these vague unnamed scientists being needlessly cruel and greedy, but overall if this got developed further I'd certainly love to be a part of this.

Yes, the plot could use a great deal of expansion. I also want to make this universe in the Multiverse, so that would help me with the plot a little bit. As for Team Obsidian, that was the only thing I could think of at the time, and I'm trying to conceive (somewhat) better scenarios in my head.

I've been in a few gijinka games, most of which had the gijinka in hiding, as a minority group. It's interesting to see a world set after humans, where gijinka is the norm, but it honestly looks very similar to a Mystery Dungeon game. Either way, it has my support, but you might want to find a unique identity for the game as you create it, so it doesn't get lost in the mix.

Thank you. I really wanted for the characters to join some sort of exploration and battling group, and the Wigglytuff Guild popped into my head; the Lucario Guild was really just a place holder name because I wanted to get this out ASAP so I could tweak it ASAP. I'll also be sure to make this different from other Gijinka RPs.

Playing as a Gijinka is always fun! However, I see some inconsistencies with your plot...

Ah, the inconsistencies. Lay 'em on me.

Are there no more animals/pokémon? So wildlife only consists of plants and everybody is a vegetarian? Or to Gijinka hunt each other?
I don't see how the animals could've survived, so I was going for them hunting each other. Unless if the Gijinka created a sort of "artificial meat" (which might be a little unrealistic), then that's the only current solution.

Also why were they locked away so deep underground? I mean, it's just a RP and you want to get to the setting you aim to play in, but it seems a bit strange and inconvenient.
Team Obsidian needed to experiment on them a little more, so they locked the Gijinka underground so that they don't escape. Remember, these things could eventually have immense power that can't be controlled by a trainer, and Team Obsidian didn't nessesarily want them breaking out anytime soon. Gosh, I hope that made sense...[/b]

Sorry if I'm nitpicking haha, but at least the first question I think is valid.
No, thank you for the feedback. As a matter of fact, I actually encourage nitpicking. ;)

Back