• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Generation?

Which Generation of Pokemon do you like best?

• Total voters

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 30, 2016
don't get me started on Purugly.... but Tyranitar, that's a Pokemon to be proud of!

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2010
3rd generation definitely!! I do kinda like 'em all actually...

Acrutheo

The boundless night~
Years
The first generation. Since the creators were starting from scratch, they had far more possibility to be excellent than any subsequent games; indeed, the improvement from nothing to Kanto was the greatest leap in the game series. No generation can rival that based on its improvement from the last generation. Even on composite value, though, I still prefer the first generation, because of its many glitchy quirks, which are fun to exploit and play around with.

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2012
well i like them all, but for differant reasons.

it was close between generation 2 and 4 for me, but i chose generation 4, i like some of the new features (depth perception, underground, etc), but i think some of the new pokemon are annoying (i HATE kricketunes cry, i really do, lol) and i fear that this will be the last generation... i mean they have made god, they cant really add to that in the next gen lol.

generation 1 was good too, i like playing around with glitch pokes, i got one LM4 which i enjoyed training up and evolving.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
Years
Generation II. Johto is my favorite region and I hate that in Generation III they sort of retconned it out of existance temporarily (seriously Norman isn't from somewhere far away and Lance's cousin (Clair) isn't from somewhere far away they're Johtonian) You just cant beat the starters, the landscape, the storyline and the fact that the games actually corresponds to an actual time relationship (you can't tell when the hoenn/kanto journeys started in relationship to each other).

Shadow236

Razor Shell!!
Years
For some reason the Third Gen just starts to grab me. My fav Pokemon right now
are Cyndaquil, Blaziken and Altaria. I don't know the third gen is the best. The show, awesome, the overall feeling awsome, the game awsome, and the Pokemon amazing!

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
Years
  • Age 33
  • WI
  • Seen Feb 14, 2013
The 2nd generation was my favorite!!! I like it a lot, because it was cool and different than the first 1st gen. :)

Prynze Roserade

il principe senza regno
Years
The third and the fourth, naturally. Why? Well, many reasons.

First off, my first Pokemon game was Sapphire, not Blue or Red or Yellow. Sapphire. Then I bought Ruby. That in itself is very significant. I was exposed to other Pokemon a while before that, but it was really RSE the generation that was first for me. I wasn't a fan before that, and all the Pokemon I had seen before were in TCG cards, which I avidly collected until I decided to buy the games and a GBA.

And fourth because while the storyline isn't great, and many of the Pokemon are just evolutions, DP has been the best games ever in terms of mechanics. Do not dare tell me otherwise. A lot of Pokemon were unable to make full power of their stats, movepool and abilities because of the whole physical or special thing. DP changed all that, plus many other things as well, such as increasing the movepool of many Pokemon. Who of you can say Charizard was as good in GSC as he is in DP? None of you. Charizard is now fully capable of being physical, special or both, and he's got a much bigger movepool now, period.

Lastly, also the fourth because while the Pokemon are not original, they're useful evolutions in most cases. Before DP, it pained me to raise Togetic, Misdreavus and Roselia knowing full well they'd be able to do so much more if they evolved. DP brought that. Before DP, types like Grass/Ground and Poison/Dark were but dreams of mine. Today they're a reality. Before DP, there were no legendaries I really liked. But that's all in the past now as I love Shaymin, Mesprit, Cresselia and Giratina. :3

So yes, long story short, 3rd and 4th gen all the way, babeh. :D

Years
i bought pokemon gold silver and crystal for xmas but only silver worked. So now i have at least one game for every generation. I'd say 1 and 2 they are so cool. This is embarassing but silver is the only pokemon game that i'm doing pretty well in. And gen 1 because you cant beat the original- or the old man with the coffee lol -

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
Wow how many times have I answered this type of thread. xD Anyway, I'm a complete generation II fan. I loved that gen the best, it was during a time when the game was majestic in my opinion, before the series became corrupt with generations III & IV. Johto had class, and overall was just incredible. From my personal experiences, and everything dealing with the generations... Johto is, by far, my favorite generation.

Years
I like them all!!! Gotta watch 'em all!

Pokemon lol. The old man with the coffee alll hail him. Um anyway i dont like the 4th gen because my friend keeps bragging about his level 100 heatran which is EV trained - don't see the point in training legendaries - and number 3 because May is a weirdo with a bandana - bet she's bald under it - and also Wally scared me for some reason..

MUSION

>:)
Years
3rd gen is easily my favourite, most of my favourite Pokemon were introduced then, such as Flygon, Cacturne and Claydol.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
Years
2nd gen by far. It had me hooked till the very end, meaning up until the time I lost the game. 1st comes second obviously, then it goes by which gen I dislike the least. 3rd gen had its ups and downs (Metagross yah! Spinda......what is this bulls**t?) and pretty much same with the 4th (Garchomp=pwnage, Lopunny=wtf) but there are more in the 3rd gen that i hate to look at so 4th gen it is for 3rd most liked.

Walrein

Banned
Years
The newer, the better. This generation is really great, with the special/physical sort beeing changed, what makes the amount of useful moves very large. And to think once it was only to choose between Ice Beam and Blizzard...

Last edited:
Years
The first and second generations are my favorites. The pokemon in it are just so unique and well thought out. It seems as time goes on they come up with less and less original ideas, adding mainly evolutions to current pokemon than making more new ones.

Back