• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Lightning Yellow

triggerhappymonk

Strong as crap trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2012
I downloaded the latest version avaible. I can't remember the error I got when talkibg to Pikachu, but apparently you got it listed in your list of known bugs. btw, i used tyhe update to get it working.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
You weren't using the latest version if it fixed after updating. Glad to see its working anyway.

Thanks for all the good comments

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
Years
I downloaded the demo and did a quick play through to get a feel of the game. Overall, I found the game quite enjoyable, but the lack of end punctuation and small mapping mistakes caught my eye.

I'd give this game an 7/10.
Keep on it. Good luck.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Not much of an update, been addicted to playing L.A. Noire, but here is what's done of route 12

Route 12

New version will come when route 12 is done

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
How'd you get that red overworld?
It looks very nice.
Good luck with the project, would be nice to see it finished :D

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
The walking overworld is from the actual game - sprite sheet found here

as for the others (cycling/surfing/fishing etc.) tebited15 on deviantart made them

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I can't wait to play version 0.5. This is the best remake of yellow that i played.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Dude i like your ideas, but in every map you have this obsession with the stairs.. everymap.... tone it down and i like how you broght kanto into the next generation but like i said tone it down on the stairs... and the battle screens need to be updated to fit the next gen too.. you still got FR/LG battle scenes...

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Dunno what you mean about stairs, the maps are almost a copy of the hg/ss kanto ones.

i know the battle screen needs sorting, but i've not found anywhere that's got good rips of the hg/ss battle screen

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Quick update
Route 9 mapped, not evented yet though
Route 9

I've also redone the way pokemon encounters are handled to make the encounter chance the same as yellow

There seems to be a left over debug message in version 0.5 when entering a battle. Version 0.6 is out to fix that

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
what is the error message?

Edit:
Pewter Museum

old%20amber.png

Last edited:

Awkward Squirtle

,@,e .ºoO
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2016
I'm mainly going to comment on the GTS system, as it's the part I like the look of most (I'm a programmer myself).
The actual GTS makes trades in two ways. One is the standard way in which someone using 'Seek Pokémon' finds a Pokémon they want, then chooses a Pokémon matching the conditions set in exchange. You have this already. The other way is when the server automatically matches two deposited Pokémon with each other, if they mutually satisfy each other's conditions. Do you have the second method implemented too?
Next, you need a better interface for the GTS, rather than only using message boxes. Do you think you could make a full-screen (well, full-window) interface? This would let you, for example, use columns for the list of Pokémon, and give a visual representation of the search results much like the DS games.
Now, I'll suggest some features that I feel are missing from the official GTS, that you might want to implement.
Firstly, improve the 'wanted Pokémon' condition selection. It irks me that you have to specify a species; this should be optional much like level and gender. To make this effective, add a few more criteria that can be asked for, such as type, ability, or a learned move. This also has the advantage of letting people add to their Pokédex using the GTS, as they can get Pokémon they haven't seen yet in exchange.
If you've ever used the official GTS, you'll know it's filled with impossible and unreasonable requests (e.g. Zekrom, level 9 and under). Adding more criteria exaggerates this, so you'll need to filter those out somehow. I suggest adding a server-side check when a request is made that checks the request is valid (for example, it would reject a request for a level 9 and under Zekrom, or a Spiritomb with Wonder Guard). This would remove the impossible requests. Unreasonable requests can be avoided by allowing users to filter results by the wanted Pokémon (e.g. blacklist and don't display offers that request legendaries or level 100s, or only show offers that request a Pokémon the searcher actually has in their PC boxes).
Finally, allow users to view the full summary of a Pokémon in the search results - I often have to trade Pokémon away again because they're hacked or have an undesirable nature/ability.

On a completely different note, I agree with those people saying the battle graphics need to be updated - they're very inconsistent at the moment. At least upgrade/downgrade all Pokémon/trainer front and backsprites to ones from the same generation (you might need to do some edits for Red's backsprite if you upgrade to 4th/5th gen).

Other than that, the game looks very promising. I love it when developers put some effort into scripting instead of just mapping; games running on plain Essentials just don't do much for me :)

Back