• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

l i t a n y :: a song of worlds. [PG-16, OOC / Sign-Up Thread]

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
Don't worry, the tentative start date is probably some time the week after next, since I will also be going on an extended competition for 4 days in the middle of next week.

EDIT: So this is what is occurring.

My academic obligations are taking me elsewhere as well as into the realm of intense studying, so I will be incapacitated for about a week. Lack of activity here does not mean that I am dead (though the competition I am attending may very well strike me dead due to the stress - okay maybe not), though it does mean that I will be missing in action until May 8th.

Judging will unfortunately have to delay until that time. Until then, feel free to browse my own sign-up (which was done ... I don't remember when - sometime last week).

Last edited:

Cirrus

Years
I'm back.

The verdict:

... I hate doing this, I really do, but it is a necessary evil. The time for rejections has come. =[

I considered the applicants for the position of Ciefe, and after some consultation with a certain friend of mine (someone different from the person who inspired the myth), unfortunately I will have to decline Brennan Elizaar Elivayne - one of the reasons is his personality, when I heard it described to me:

"The first one smacks of 'he's a jerk and antisocial and calculating and can sing, shoot, and do math perfectly, but EVERYBODY LOVES HIM', which doesn't really make a lot of sense."
As well, there are quite a few spelling mistakes and a few problems with the flow of the writing.

Artemis Circe is very mechanically sound, and has the least number of mistakes among the three, but even though brevity is an art as well and your writing is more than acceptable, MattyJ, I must decline you as well; the sign-up is not quite as strong as its competitor, which brings me to ...

Acceptance for Viticari Nim. Welcome, Kiyoshi the Polar Bear, in the role of Ciefe. Your writing is quite solid, with only a few mistakes (which is okay, as I make mistakes as well ... : s), and the only fault my friend could really find with your sign-up was your background, which we've already discussed.

---

I'm still very unsure about the current candidates for Arianne, to be honest. I will wait a bit and see what comes of it, then maybe play her myself if I have to, but my current criticisms include blandness for Bella Aegle and lack of organized thought and syntax errors for Fiora Amarel.

Last edited:

Username_9138

Thanks anyway. Guess I'll have to polish myself up a bit. And don't hate having to do it. It's my fault - I had plenty of opportunity to clean it up and I didn't. :) Have fun guys!

Cirrus

Years
The first post has also been updated with how magic functions, for anyone interested; the update has been included below. Also, I realized that having "miracles" as a form of magic and not the name for its individual acts was incredibly silly, and that has now been revised to theurgy.

EDIT: Go read it in the main post, never mind - it's under [Workings of Magic].

Last edited:

MattyJ

Serial Procrastinator
Years
Artemis Circe is very mechanically sound, and has the least number of mistakes among the three, but even though brevity is an art as well and your writing is more than acceptable, MattyJ, I must decline you as well; the sign-up is not quite as strong as its competitor, which brings me to ...

Thanks for all the effort you've put into this, Cirrus. I'm really looking forward to reading this RP regardless - I'd like to wish you (and all the participants) all the best for it! :)

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
With the new information, I went through and edited chunks of Crea's background to promote her involvement in the church. I originally wrote the signup at 3am, and I found a lot of mistakes in my writing, so I fixed those at the same time. >.>;

Cirrus

Years
That's like ... six hundred words more o_o.

A few small mistakes though, mostly lore-related (I'm not the clearest of people when I write lore);

In Histria, one Castranalia morning, a girl with red hair was born to a pair of irresponsible parents.
Caspenalia? Or do you want one of the months? : o

It proved to be an invaluable experience for the girl, learning directly from a exorcistati sancti,
The singular is exorcistatus sanctus (as indicated with the bracket with "sing. exorcistatus sanctus) - exorcistatus is also an acceptable abbreviation.

She spent some of her time traveling to nearby churches in order to retain, even enhance her faith as she prayed for her tutor to return to her side. She expanded her repetoire [editor's note: sp.] of hymns, that would increase the effectiveness of the miracles she created, as well.
Consider revising that paragraph as well, I think - maybe some conjunctions are missing, but it doesn't seem quite right to me.

Everything else is very satisfactory. Thank you for bearing with my whimsical changes to my material =_=

Cirrus

Years
I would like a roll call of sorts to occur, to make sure that everyone is still here; this roleplay is slated to begin this weekend, so please make your presence known sometime before then!

(parallelzero, you're exempt. : I)

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Y'all makin' me paranoid and making me want to check my SU again. XDDD
/casually embraces my typos while checking in I am still here yeahhhh

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
I fixed some of the things in the appearance and history sections. I don't really know if it helped a lot but... I'll probably fix up some more things with it after I wake up tomorrow.

Anyways, I also made a brand new sample. It's a bit shorter than the first but in my opinion it appears to be at least a small bit better.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
Since our characters are supposed to know each other prior to the RP, maybe we should discuss character relations before the RP actually starts? Just a thought, and it'll give the rest of us something to mull over before the RP starts. XD

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
I conquer will parallel- aren't we in some kind of a troupe? So, we have to have been thrown to together for some reason or for some purpose.

Cirrus

Years
Everyone here is, uh, part of either a band of mercenaries or a sort of auxiliary - in either case, of course, the employer will be the Helvan Empire, but do you want to be mercenaries or auxiliaries? (The former doesn't get paid by the army but has more freedom, the latter is more like a division of troops that's not part of the main contingent.)

In the first case, you will have an additional leader-esque figure named Cyrus, and you won't be acquainted with my character until I join you. My character can easily assume command of an auxiliary, however, which will likely be what happens in the second case.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Seeing as my character defected from the Helvan Empire's army upon feigning death, I really doubt he'd rejoin as an auxiliary and would prefer work exclusively as a mercenary, seeing as that would likely require less contact with the army itself.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
Either way is fine with me. Crea will likely have stumbled upon the group while following the trail of her teacher, so she isn't really in it for money, but will likely take it if it allows her a chance to find Celcius' whereabouts.

Cirrus

Years
So while I'm busy getting dunked by having to write a bunch of extra personalities and backgrounds for our traveling companions, feel free to socialize amongst yourselves and decide relationships and the ways in which you interact with one another (well, the four of you anyway).

The two others that make up the mercenary band other than Pesca, Rhys, Crea, and Viticari are:

Cyrus, age 25, an ambitious and rather serious leader of a fairly new band of mercenaries, though not without a hearty sense of humour. Steadfast in his beliefs and down-to-earth and kind towards his friends, he is an individual who holds hard work and effort in high esteem. He wields a plain-hilted but heavy longsword, and owns a pet parrot named Terence.

Dana, age 17, his sister, a bright and cheerful girl who carries with her a hint of mischief; though she hasn't been particularly subjected to higher education, she is surprisingly clever in her own practical way. Her eyesight is particularly sharp, and she serves as scout as well as artillerist, being a skilled markswoman in her own right and backed up by her ensorcelled crossbow.

More description will be provided very soon on these two, but essentially these characters are available for anyone to control. Additionally, another ordinary addition will also be announced very soon once someone gets back to me.

Last edited:

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
Oh yay, Crea can be friends with Dana since there are like no other characters in her age range. XD

So Loki and I have been tossing around the idea of Rhys functioning as a guard for Crea since physically she's, well, utterly useless, and he's, well, a human tank. If anyone else had any ideas for what the relationship of their character is with mine, it'd be good to know / discuss. XD

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
I'm not sure I understand why we need the other three characters, particularly when Gerar seems to serve the exact same role/purpose in the team as Rhys as two large 27-year-old men wielding axes... but okay, whatever floats the boat lmao

In the meantime, ruffles and I decided that Rhys and Pesca knew each other in the army, and were on relatively good terms, though Pesca is unaware of Rhys' change in temperament after the death of the Colonel Rhys was close to in his time in the army. And of course, Rhys is Crea's bodyguard-- and by extension would likely go along with whatever she wants. Rhys keeps a small black fox-like creature that's particularly fond of Crea, and so he's also partially following his pet who won't leave her alone.

=v=d

Back