• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2021
can anyone tell me where are pages of magic book ?

I hope it's pretty self-explanatory!

Spoiler:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Full feedback will be up in a few days maybe tomorrow if I decide to rush it but for now some bug reports and some bloopers!

After beating the final gym(final for this beta I mean) I got around doing a few random things and then I decided to visit my hometown!

2qkuffd.png

The Bulbasaur npc is back again!

I guess this has to do with the fact I'm still using my beta 2.2 save file, nothing too serious since Theresa still remembers that she already gave me a Bulbasaur, it's just weird that's all!

And now, for a game breaking one!

5l1kl5.png

OH MY GOD, WHAT IS GOING ON????????????

2s85r0z.png

Apparently, entering my house triggered one of the scripts again, with disturbing results!

After the script ends, the game doesn't freeze but it's impossible to move unless you use a cheat code!(I have saved anyway just before I entered my house)

Using the walk through walls gameshark code will help you escape and after that you can enter and leave the house without any problem!
Yeah... all that is definitely because of using your save file from Beta 2.2. The reason for this happening is because I happened to change Bulbasaur's flag no. because I noticed it was using an "unstable" flag in older versions and the reason why you're having bugs at the home is that I accidentally changed one other place to use the same trigger flag as your home (meaning the trigger event in there was already over) and later on, changed home's trigger flag to something else.

I'm wondering though, didn't you notice any other glitches happening in places that use triggers according to this? By heart, I can only think of a couple of places where the triggers could actually work by having the trigger flag activated from the beginning when you get there.

EDIT (to this):
If you open the VBA's memory viewer and go to offset D6CD with it, the value there should be 00. I assume that the value in your save file is different (01 or 02) though so you should change it to 00 if so (and then use a save state afterwards). That should prevent bugs in following versions to occur. To fix Bulbasaur glitch, increase the value in offset D7B9 by 80.
263tw1y.png

The tree that the Charmander was guarding gives no berries any more!

Don't know if this is a bug or intentional!

23vm5om.png

This screenshot is from The Capital!

The mobs at the side are different and lower lvl than those at the sea!

Again, I don't know if this is intentional or not!
That "berry tree bug" occurs because of the fact, that's not a normal berry tree. The script of that tree "simulates" a script of a berry tree as highly as I possibly could do back then (not sure if there is a better way through scripting only) so basically, no berries will ever grow in it.
If there were no rare candies to be picked, I could of course make it a normal berry tree instead.

About the other screenshot, I've no idea what you're talking about :S. I see nothing wrong (no tile-errors ?) with it and a wordbook translated "mob" as "group of people" so it really doesn't say a thing to me either.

And now for some bloopers!

Spoiler:

That "Viridian City" you see there won't exist in the game and that part of Suden (East) can't be entered yet. It's just there for showing what East-Suden looks, that's all.

It looks like I couldn't pack this up although I think I could!
The events calling you a "CHEATER" occur by the fact that a friend of mine thought it would be cool if I changed the pointer to "Object event." display that sentence instead. So yeah...

can anyone tell me where are pages of magic book ?

I hope it's pretty self-explanatory!
Spoiler:
Two found, another two left to go!
And the remaining two may wait till the next beta, or further...

Here's a hint in finding another one:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2021
About the other screenshot, I've no idea what you're talking about :S. I see nothing wrong (no tile-errors ?) with it and a wordbook translated "mob" as "group of people" so it really doesn't say a thing to me either.

!%!#$%^#$%!#%!!#$%!#$%!#$%!:knockedou!#^#%^#%#%!%@#$@$!^$%&@!~^$!!!!!!

I was referring to pokemon as mobs!

Sorry, have been playing too much Lineage 2 and League of Legends!XD

I'm wondering though, didn't you notice any other glitches happening in places that use triggers according to this? By heart, I can only think of a couple of places where the triggers could actually work by having the trigger flag activated from the beginning when you get there.

I did!

The fisherman at Area 106 Mt. Lima Entrance that talks about Fisherman Dustin!

I don't remember anything else right now, I will see what I can find!

EDIT (to this):
If you open the VBA's memory viewer and go to offset D6CD with it, the value there should be 00. I assume that the value in your save file is different (01 or 02) though so you should change it to 00 if so (and then use a save state afterwards). That should prevent bugs in following versions to occur. To fix Bulbasaur glitch, increase the value in offset D7B9 by 80.

Hhhmmmm.....this sounds like chinese to me!xD

I'll try!

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
!%!#$%^#$%!#%!!#$%!#$%!#$%!:knockedou!#^#%^#%#%!%@#$@$!^$%&@!~^$!!!!!!

I was referring to pokemon as mobs!

Sorry, have been playing too much Lineage 2 and League of Legends!XD
Okay! It's intended to be so because that's where the map connection between The Capital and Western Lake is located. Each map can only have one set of wild pokemon data so I couldn't make different water pokemon appear in different parts of The Capital and I don't think it would work if strong water pokemon could be seen in those small pools close to the Pokecenter.

I did!

The fisherman at Area 106 Mt. Lima Entrance that talks about Fisherman Dustin!
This is not intended to be a bug either (and has nothing to do with trigger events btw). When talking to him again after he catches Lv10 Magikarp, he won't encounter another one till you escape Area 106 and return there. This is mostly because I don't want to use flags for no good reason (you need to understand what this means either). :D

I found only one in Milky Village , btw where is HM Surf ?
I've written the FAQ in the main post for questions of this kind but as it's not really explained in there (only tells you HM03 will be obtainable eventually by playing), I'll answer to it.

Just keep playing till you reach Argent Warehouse. You'll get it from a scientist in there after a certain event (not going to spoil it here) is gone through.

digimonqueen

Draco Malfoy's Girlfriend
Years
what's the item the man wants to give you for $3500? i don't trust shady characters after that Magicarp dude. can you at least give me a hint? oh, and PLEASE click on the egg in my siggy. i need it to hatch.

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
I have a major issue with this otherwise great hack - the difficulty of certsain Gym Leaders is outrageous. The Grass Gym had me struggling to grind decent levels, and there was NOTHING useful at that point with a type advantage to Grass types (just Swinub, who is weak to grass, Delibird and Sneasel, who are better left unmentioned, and the terrible early bugs).
The biggest outrage is Isaac the fighting Gym Leader, though. Quite frankly, a Level 42 Machamp with Earthquake and Dynamicpunch is unbeatable without literally hours of grinding - even my level 34 Kadabra was OHKOed, and Machamp outsped everything else. Please lower Isaac's main Pokemon levels by about 5 levels; level 42 at that point is nothing more than a complete waste of my time doing relentless grinding - something which should not need to be done if this is, as you say you wish it to be, a "true RPG". Unless those levels are lowered, well... mission failed, sir. Mission failed.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2015
The signpost graveyard was kind of funny. Reminds me of the signpost maze from Link's Awakening. I actually found those all over kanto and not just that city while messing around with gameshark codes.

I enjoyed the beta. It's cool how the player's party is starting to develop now. THANK YOU for putting in an elemental orb. I was hoping we'd have the opportunity to get one in this release.

I second what Heroesandcons said about the levels, though. It's not that I have a problem with high levels, it's just that when you're trying to get to level 25 and the wild pokemon are level 11, it's a little tedious.

Also,
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2021
I have a major issue with this otherwise great hack - the difficulty of certsain Gym Leaders is outrageous. The Grass Gym had me struggling to grind decent levels, and there was NOTHING useful at that point with a type advantage to Grass types (just Swinub, who is weak to grass, Delibird and Sneasel, who are better left unmentioned, and the terrible early bugs).
The biggest outrage is Isaac the fighting Gym Leader, though. Quite frankly, a Level 42 Machamp with Earthquake and Dynamicpunch is unbeatable without literally hours of grinding - even my level 34 Kadabra was OHKOed, and Machamp outsped everything else. Please lower Isaac's main Pokemon levels by about 5 levels; level 42 at that point is nothing more than a complete waste of my time doing relentless grinding - something which should not need to be done if this is, as you say you wish it to be, a "true RPG". Unless those levels are lowered, well... mission failed, sir. Mission failed.

You are not supposed to beat Isaac at that time but....

Do you still have your Bulbasaur?

I beat Isaac only with Bulbasaur(of course, I did try a lot of times before I was able to beat him), you can say it is the Ace for this hack as it is right now!

All you have to do is learn to it the moves Sleep Powder and Leech Seed and you can win most of the battles in the current beta!

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2022
how far into the game is brightbulb city? How many hours of gameplay and gyms am I looking at?

miksy91

Years
This is a great hack! I love it. I was able to find 3 pages out of all of them. I was able to find the 3rd one by luck ^_^

what's the item the man wants to give you for $3500? i don't trust shady characters after that Magicarp dude. can you at least give me a hint? oh, and PLEASE click on the egg in my siggy. i need it to hatch.
It's Town Map for Pokegear that he's selling. I guess that price could be lowered a little bit too...

Others have also said that Brady and Arnold are very difficult to beat and it wouldn't be a problem if they were optional ones but they're not...
You can actually get Pidgey, Hoothoot and Vulpix by then.

Nevertheless, I've decided to drop down the levels of the pokemon that trainers use. Wild pokemon will stay the same and that way, the game won't maintain as difficult as it's now. It's good when everyone can beat it, the storyline is more important feature than how challenging the game is after all.

And as Max said, there is no reason for the player trying to defeat Isaac at all and I didn't mean one to do either.

I enjoyed the beta. It's cool how the player's party is starting to develop now. THANK YOU for putting in an elemental orb. I was hoping we'd have the opportunity to get one in this release.
Good to hear you liked it!
*I replied to the difficulty in my earlier quote.

Also,
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I beat Isaac only with Bulbasaur(of course, I did try a lot of times before I was able to beat him), you can say it is the Ace for this hack as it is right now!

All you have to do is learn to it the moves Sleep Powder and Leech Seed and you can win most of the battles in the current beta!
Actually... it can't be done like this anymore.
Instead of Sleep Powder, I made it learn Stun Spore so that you wouldn't be able to "cheat" through battles anymore. At least, with Venusaur it's practically impossible to lose a match by using Sleep Powder, Leech Seed and Razor Leaf.
*Besides, Bulbasaur learns Vine Whip at lv12 instead of lv10 like in normal releases. There is no point in having such "feature" now that you can't go and challenge Ritch in the beginning before having to battle some trainers first but that was practically the idea behind that.

I've decided to keep Bulbasaur the way it is now and make trainers easier to beat that you don't have to "cheat" to win at all.
I tested through the hack without using any of the Kanto starters and it wasn't so bad really (and was underleveled compared to the pokemon gym leaders use).

how far into the game is brightbulb city? How many hours of gameplay and gyms am I looking at?
This would probably be a 60-80% release of a normal pokemon game like RSE or FRLG. There are six gyms of which 2nd and 3rd one have to be beaten and rest are optional (you aren't collecting badges at all, there is a very different quest you've got to finish).

Updates!

I've decided to start working on an update Beta 3.0 soon. The following version will be called Beta 3.1 and will have the following updates to Beta 3.0

-Trainers weakened a little bit (levels dropped by ~10% likely, leaders > 10%)
-Three minor bugs fixed (of which one can't even be found without hacking in current version. Other ones: "Ancient Power" text bug + "TM Sandstorm in the rocks" if not picked. Not sure if anyone has even noticed these.)
-Updated information in the zip-file telling you shouldn't continue from the point where you left off with Beta 2.2 (it's okay to continue from the point where you left off with Beta 3.0 however).
-New battle sprites for Team D. Goons, and for another one who already has a new battle sprite which will be made even more epic, and possibly even more ;)

Credit for the new battle sprites goes to Poketto-Monsuta.
Just for reference, here is some of his earlier sprite work: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=233659

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2021
Yeah, the few days ended up becoming a week but here's my review nonetheless!

Spoiler:

That's all I had to say for now!(at least so I think!I might have forgotten something!)

Good luck with the next beta and see you soon again!

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
Wow, looks like I've also got some replying to do :D

I'll get to it later though (probably in a couple of hours) and edit this post when I'm done but what I'd like to know though:

"I also saw the Night Shade Guarados and some other which I don't remember right now!"

Any idea where a Gyarados like this would have been? I've tried to be exact with the moves that opponent-pokemon know but I've to admit, there are likely bugs like this still in game. About that Aipom, I've made it to know some special attacks for fun: Toxic, Extremespeed, Double Team + one I don't remember (if I even remembered these three correctly).

The TM learning data has stayed the same which practically means that you won't be able to teach your Aipom those moves in it couldn't learn them in original Silver.

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2021
Wow, looks like I've also got some replying to do :D

I'll get to it later though (probably in a couple of hours) and edit this post when I'm done but what I'd like to know though:

"I also saw the Night Shade Guarados and some other which I don't remember right now!"

Any idea where a Gyarados like this would have been? I've tried to be exact with the moves that opponent-pokemon know but I've to admit, there are likely bugs like this still in game. About that Aipom, I've made it to know some special attacks for fun: Toxic, Extremespeed, Double Team + one I don't remember (if I even remembered these three correctly).

The TM learning data has stayed the same which practically means that you won't be able to teach your Aipom those moves in it couldn't learn them in original Silver.

Did I say Night Shade Guarados?

I think it was actually a Tentacruel!XD

miksy91

Years
Replies to stuff in Spoiler.

Spoiler:

That's all I had to say for now!(at least so I think!I might have forgotten something!)

Good luck with the next beta and see you soon again!
Thanks, Beta 3.1 should be up in no time at all together with another hack not introduced in this site yet ;)!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2021
Replies to stuff in Spoiler.

Spoiler:

Let me answer that for you!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

#%!#%!#$%!~#$!%!#$!@$@#$@#

Found it!

Spoiler:

About Daycare, I don't think it's a good idea if you can breed yourself more Eevees or do you see it as a problem? Anyway, haven't really thought about this. I believe I've actually gotten rid of all the scripts of original day-care but I can easily make my own if I want to (or get them from some other rom file of course).

But but but......breeding is what gave us the power to make even stronger Pokemon with even greater combinations!

Without breeding, we wouldn't have Crunch Arcanine or Cross Chop Golduck and so many others!

Not to mention it helps us to fill the Pokedex("Duh!Who cares about the Pokedex now??" I know!) plus we can multiply rare Pokemon like Eevee!

What's wrong with that?

miksy91

Years
#%!#%!#$%!~#$!%!#$!@$@#$@#

Found it!

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

But but but......breeding is what gave us the power to make even stronger Pokemon with even greater combinations!

Without breeding, we wouldn't have Crunch Arcanine or Cross Chop Golduck and so many others!

Not to mention it helps us to fill the Pokedex("Duh!Who cares about the Pokedex now??" I know!) plus we can multiply rare Pokemon like Eevee!

What's wrong with that?
Actually, I've to say that I've never really used Daycare in original G/S/C, believe it or not... I should really check how its mechanism works first and then build one in my own hack. I guess I'll add one for Beta 4 somewhere.

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Hi I just wanted to know if there's any jar file of dark futue beta 3 ?
Nice game btw .. thanks a lot ^^

Back