• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen All Things Sylveon

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
Hp(95): At Lv 30 Sylveons HP is 103. Since there's no nature that decreases HP, a base stat of 110 or 130 would be far higher than 103 (Lv 30 Pokemon with base stat of 110 = 106)

It really depends on the IVs. Like I said in my previous post, 31 IVs in HP would make it have exactly base 95 HP, but if it had 0 IVs, it has exactly base 110.

What I noticed in the demo, is that Mewtwo had a consistent HP stat of 353, which means that they gave it to us with 31 IVs in everything(I'll assume). So, they most likely gave us all the other Pokemon with 31 IVs in everything. Meaning Sylveon has a HP stat of 95, Fennekin has a HP stat of 40, Froakie has a HP stat of 42, Chespin has a HP stat of 57, and Helioptile has a HP stat of 45. :]

I agree with all of the other stats. After watching that footage with Sylveon taking hits from that Politoed, it's guaranteed its Special Defense will be its highest stat.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Helioptile has lower HP than I had hoped...at least it has a recovery move...

I also agree with those stats for sylveon, seems like a possible special defender and special attacker.

Sirfetch’d

After watching that footage with Sylveon taking hits from that Politoed, it's guaranteed its Special Defense will be its highest stat.

I'm actually ok with this. It would be another Umbreon, but hopefully it will get a decent Sp.Attack stat and a good movepool to where it can actually deal back damage unlike Umbreon.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
I'm actually ok with this. It would be another Umbreon, but hopefully it will get a decent Sp.Attack stat and a good movepool to where it can actually deal back damage unlike Umbreon.

And ironic enough both are related to the moon in which umbreon is greatly influenced from and sylveon being fairy which is tied to the moon somehow.

Sirfetch’d

Also both are new type Pokémon as of their generation of introduction...Now if Sylveon evolves by happiness it'll be even more like Umbreon...

I'd like it to be a happiness evolution, but it would likely require some type of held item as well or else it would interfere with Eevee evolving into Espeon or Umbreon.

*Riolu Master*

The Aura Within
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 13, 2016
I don't know if anyone said this yet, but I'm thinking that there's gonna be another eeveelution. Dragon Type.
I have some theories,
In every even number generation of Pokemon there are two more eevee types. Gen.2: Umbreon and Espeon
Gen.4 Leafeon and Glaceon
Gen.6 Sylveon and ???

Also Umbreon is super effective against Espeon and Glaceon is super effective against Leafeon.

Since Fairy type is super effective against Dragon type that would probably mean that there's gonna be a Dragon type.

Years
I don't know if anyone said this yet, but I'm thinking that there's gonna be another eeveelution. Dragon Type.
I have some theories,
In every even number generation of Pokemon there are two more eevee types. Gen.2: Umbreon and Espeon
Gen.4 Leafeon and Glaceon
Gen.6 Sylveon and ???

Also Umbreon is super effective against Espeon and Glaceon is super effective against Leafeon.

Since Fairy type is super effective against Dragon type that would probably mean that there's gonna be a Dragon type.
I sure hope so, but at this point it seems unlikely...sadly Dragon is not weak against any other type other than itself...so if they do dragon later on it should be by itself...hey maybe Fairy is weak against itself too...

Years
I sure hope so, but at this point it seems unlikely...sadly Dragon is not weak against any other type other than itself...so if they do dragon later on it should be by itself...hey maybe Fairy is weak against itself too...

Correction, Dragon is only super-effective against itself. But I wouldn't be surprised if Fairy has a type advantage against itself either, but I'm hoping that we don't get disappointed when the matchups for the Fairy-type get revealed in the next CoroCoro.

We already know the strong against Dragon part, but also the Fire being resistant part. Fairy is also neutral damage on Water and Electric, and maybe you can count Psychic and Grass in there too since I saw a video yesterday and Sylveon's Fairy Wind did neutral damage to an Exeggutor.

I remember someone rumored Fairy being resisted by Psychic once, so you could say that's been debunked.

Years
Just thought I'd let everyone know this. In the Pokemon Super Training, they have a hexagon which shows you what your Pokemons base stats are The green hexagon in the middle is the base stats.
e.g.
Super-training-2.png

In the latest Pokemon Smash, we get a look at Sylveon's base stats! If the green hexagon really IS the base stats, then Sylveons stats are:
Hp : 95
Sp. Atk : 110
Sp. Def : 130
Here's the video for reference : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rCLd7YX9Ow

Also I'd just like to say, I totally nailed it :')

Years
Correction, Dragon is only super-effective against itself. But I wouldn't be surprised if Fairy has a type advantage against itself either, but I'm hoping that we don't get disappointed when the matchups for the Fairy-type get revealed in the next CoroCoro.

We already know the strong against Dragon part, but also the Fire being resistant part. Fairy is also neutral damage on Water and Electric, and maybe you can count Psychic and Grass in there too since I saw a video yesterday and Sylveon's Fairy Wind did neutral damage to an Exeggutor.

I remember someone rumored Fairy being resisted by Psychic once, so you could say that's been debunked.
Sorry about that, I worded it wrong. I meant to say that since Ice and Fairy have now been taken as Eevelutions that should they ever make a Dragon eevelution it should be by itself to keep with the old theme of the eeveelution being weak to another (in this term itself as Dragon is also weak against Dragon). Though I guess that wouldn't quite fit anymore if Fairy isn't weak against itself...

Wow, I sure hope that SPA stat is right as it'll be a nice special tank and attacker :3

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
I really hope that Sylveon isn't the only Eeveelution we get this generation. And I really don't think it will be. I'm pretty sure that they only rolled out Sylveon early in order to serve as some sort of mascot for the new Fairy type.

Since traditionally Eeveelutions have come out in pairs with a weak-strong relationship (Espeon (Psychic) vs. Umbreon (Dark); Leafeon (Grass) vs. Glaceon (Ice)), I think they're gonna probably reveal a Dragon-type Eeveelution alongside Sylveon. Or perhaps a Poison or Steel type Eeveelution if the rumors of Fairy's weaknesses are true.

Years
I really hope that Sylveon isn't the only Eeveelution we get this generation. And I really don't think it will be. I'm pretty sure that they only rolled out Sylveon early in order to serve as some sort of mascot for the new Fairy type.

Since traditionally Eeveelutions have come out in pairs with a weak-strong relationship (Espeon (Psychic) vs. Umbreon (Dark); Leafeon (Grass) vs. Glaceon (Ice)), I think they're gonna probably reveal a Dragon-type Eeveelution alongside Sylveon. Or perhaps a Poison or Steel type Eeveelution if the rumors of Fairy's weaknesses are true.
Also to add on this, every Eeveelution so far has been a 'special' type, dragon being the only 'special' type not having an eeveelution so yeah.

I still have hope that next weeks CoroCoro will feature a new dragon eeveelution. Oh god please happen :(

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
The pokemon series is likely going to continue on for a loooong time. The reason why I don't think they will have another eeveelution in XY is because Gamefreak might want to save it as exciting news for the next generation. See how hyped and happy we were to see Sylveon? If Gamefreak rushed to include 2 eeveelutions per generation, they'd be depleting their fan fuel too quickly. I think of this as the same reason why they take their slow time releasing new type combinations.

Years
The pokemon series is likely going to continue on for a loooong time. The reason why I don't think they will have another eeveelution in XY is because Gamefreak might want to save it as exciting news for the next generation. See how hyped and happy we were to see Sylveon? If Gamefreak rushed to include 2 eeveelutions per generation, they'd be depleting their fan fuel too quickly. I think of this as the same reason why they take their slow time releasing new type combinations.
Well Sylveon being a new type which made it hard to guess what type it was (as it was none of the ones we knew of at the time of speculation) added to the hype. I feel any eeveelution after won't reach it's levels, no matter if it's another one in this generation or several in other generations...unless they make more new type eeveelutions...

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023

Then why have they continued in the pattern of releasing two for every other generation for so long? Eevee only has eight evolutions so far, while there are 18 types. That's ten additional types. So if they continue in this pattern, and release a second Eeveelution, which is either weak or strong against Fairy-type, there'd still be nine more types.

Doing the math, they could make four pairs out of those types, which would then be spread out over eight additional generations. So, we're talking about maintaining that pattern until Generation 14. And then they'd probably create another type in that time that would be used to create the last pair, which would then debut in Generation 16. So, assuming they release a generation every 3 years, then that'd mean maintaining the Eevee hype for an additional 24-30 years or more. That seems like a long time to me.

Years
Then why have they continued in the pattern of releasing two for every other generation for so long? Eevee only has eight evolutions so far, while there are 18 types. That's ten additional types. So if they continue in this pattern, and release a second Eeveelution, which is either weak or strong against Fairy-type, there'd still be nine more types.

Doing the math, they could make four pairs out of those types, which would then be spread out over eight additional generations. So, we're talking about maintaining that pattern until Generation 14. And then they'd probably create another type in that time that would be used to create the last pair, which would then debut in Generation 16. So, assuming they release a generation every 3 years, then that'd mean maintaining the Eevee hype for an additional 24-30 years or more. That seems like a long time to me.
Goodness most of us will in our late forties, fifties, if not sixties at the current rate of eeveelution release...Also it'll be generation 24 as they tend to skip a generation...I hope we get another triad in the future...

Guy

just a guy
Years
For everyone saying that it's a pattern for new Eeveelutions to be revealed in pairs, I'd just like to point out that, that has only happened twice. Once in Gen II and again in Gen IV. Something happening twice in a similar fashion doesn't make it a pattern, it just makes it a coincidence. Now if it happened three times or four, then maybe we have a pattern. But two? That's too soon to tell.

I personally don't think we'll be getting a second Eeveelution this generation, not saying it can't happen or that it won't, I just don't have my hopes up for it. It won't be too long before we know for certain though!

Back