• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Time Warp Challenge

Years

The Industrial Era in Pok?mon Sun

torracat.gif
diglett-alola.gif

CHAPTER 11 - So slow(pokes)

After hours of travelling by plane, I finally got to Alola. When I was leaving the airport, I saw the sign: "Welcome to Alola. Where you can leave your too old kid workers." What a funny thing to put on a sign. One of my Mum's managers took me to her house on Route 1. She was saying things like: "Enjoy your stay, you're here forever." Yeah, right... forever. I have work to do fake-mum.
Few days later, prof. Kukui visited the house. He heard about my victory and would like to take me on school trip with few other kids from around here. School trip, hmm? While I'm on holidays... Okay! I never went to school. I was always working in the factory.
First, we went to the Trainer School. So cool. After I beat everyone there - what else would you expect from me? - Kukui told me about this Island Challenge I should participate.
First challenge - beat some Yungoos out of their own cave. After getting run with the US President, I finally made it to the end of the cave and got magical crystal called Z-Crystal. Useless thing.
After that, I was supposed to beat Island Kahuna, which is weaker version of the Gym Leader. Heh, like he would stand a chance.
Right now I'm on boat to next island. I had finally time to meet some of the kids here. There's Hau, who isn't similar to Steven, so it's good thing and Lillie, one not important girl that has baby legendary Pok?mon. I should just beat her with my Reshiram cool white draggo.

OOC: This is my 2nd time playing Gen VII game and I must say that starting with Litten is so much harder that with Rowlet. Having both Torracat and Diglett weak to Water-Type attacks, I wiped on Ilima - after having -1 in defense from Leer, I couldn't survive Water Gun and then I wiped on the trainers with Slowpokes. I'm kinda looking forward to Water Challenge, because it'll be disaster with these two Pok?mon.

Team

torracat.gif

Nightrick, Relaxed Male Torracat @Normalium Z
lvl 22, Blaze
- Fire Fang
- Scratch
- Roar
- Lick

diglett-alola.gif

Strangla, Serious Female Diglett
lvl 18, Tangling Hair
- Metal Claw
- Sand Attack
- Astonish
- Bulldoze​

Years

The Industrial Era in Pokémon Sun

torracat.gif
dugtrio-alola.gif
araquanid.gif
passimian.gif

CHAPTER 12 - Splashing, dancing and pounding

On the 2nd island now. There are 3 captains here. And 2 of them were kinda cute. There's Lana, the Water Captain. Then Kiawe, Fire Captain and finally Mallow.
First, I met up with Lana. It was long and hard trial, but in the end, I used Splash and it was super effective beat her "Wishiwashi" until she fainted got my Waterium Z.
After that, I had to climb local volcano and danced there with Kiawe. He rather gave me Firium Z without fighting and wanted me out of there ASAP. I was too good for him.
Then I had to go to the Lush Jungle, which is kinda amazing. This island have everything. At least it's not the restaurant, museum, amusment park... You know what I mean. So she asked me to found some "herbs" so she can make her "special treat". After few hours of pounding, her first customers appeared. So I quickly disappeared before cops give the jungle little visit.
Kukui then led us to the Dimensional Research Lab where he met his wife. They were talking about their Ultra Wormholes, but that's 18+ content, so I would rather not describe it here. And that's were we decided to call it a day. I also talked to Lillie and she wanted me to explore her Ultra Wormhole.

OOC: So I'm enjoying my 2nd run of Sun so far. But I think these reports are getting more and more sexual. It reminds me of Trainer Personality Examination Challenge. I should probably cut it to minimum for the rest of the reports.

Team

torracat.gif

Nightrick, Relaxed Male Torracat @Firium Z
lvl 30, Blaze
- Fire Fang
- Swagger
- Roar
- Bute

dugtrio-alola.gif

Strangla, Serious Female Dugtrio @Quick Claw
lvl 28, Tangling Hair
- Metal Claw
- Sand Tomb
- Sucker Punch
- Bulldoze

araquanid.gif

Aquanera, Impish Male Araquanid @Waterium Z
lvl 27, Water Bubble
- Bubble Beam
- Spider Web
- Bug Bite
- Infestation

passimian.gif

Justice, Careful Female Passimian @Fightinium Z
lvl 23, Receiver
- Brick Break
- Focus Energy
- Beat Up
- Scary Face​

Last edited:

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
Years
Username: calzone407
Game: platinum
Era: pirate golden age
Optional: Pirate. Switching ground for dragon
Hell yeah imma pirate

Midnight Umbreon

Years
My rival scurvy decided that we should go get some Pokemon from prof. Rowan and I agreed. We were about to go into The grass when Rowan showed up and made us stop. After.a long and arduous explanation he gave me piplup and scurvy a tirtwig. Rowan ran away and scurvy battled me. The tirtwig kept using withdraw, but piplup(who hasn't had the opportunity to get named) deafeted tirtwig with one health left. Piplups name is to be garth in honor of fe: echoes. Garth the pirate king.

Last edited:

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
I'm not in the mood for progressing my BINGO challenge. Having to beat Red does that to you. So, I'm the biggest baddest pirate in all of Sinnoh and... wait the last poster stole my idea :(

Username: Spirit Shackle
Game: Platinum
Era: Pirate Golden Age
Optional Rules: Fighting types are dumb. Give me Ice instead for canon and stuff. Yo ho yo ho a Pirate's life for me. Also my Designated Vessel will be an Empoleon named... to be determined, but probably Jackdaw.

Midnight Umbreon

Years
Aw muk empoleon was gonna be my vessel... Guess I'll have to use psyduck.
I moved on to jubilife city which is neutral territory for pirates. I gave a map to scurvy. I went and caught a psyduck and named him bill. Cause he's a pirate duck. Super adorable btw. Anyway after grinding Garth to lv17 I fought and nuked the oureburgh city gym liberating it from English control. I went up from there and caught a machop, he was james. After a tough grinding session he... Died. RIP james. Anyway moving on now I went to the valley of windworks and liberated it from English control. Screw the english. Bill grew to lv9 and Garth to lv20. And I found this friggin' adorable picture for psyduck. And look and the time. Drunk and high at the same time drinkin' rum on an empoleon woo

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    6.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Years

torracat.gif
dugtrio-alola.gif
araquanid.gif
passimian.gif
sandygast.gif

CHAPTER 13 - Not quite My Mum's Factory

Me, Hau and Gladion decided to sneak into Hano Grand Resort but were stopped by random dude on Stoutland #3. Well, no beach for us for now.
It's time to challenge Olivia anyway... And it's Passimian sweep. Really? Can I get real challenge, please?
Anyway, 2nd attempt to get to Hano Grand Resort. And we did it. It's time to... catch Sandygast! But before we could do that, we got caught by the security and had to throw few Pyukumuku back to the ocean.
Thankfully, Kukui saved us and sold us to the Alolan Mum's Factory to pay our debts. Gladion was able to escape, but me and Hau were transported to their own artificial island. We met with local Mum, who looks like Lillie. She decided that she wants to buy Hau new white dress and big white hat.
We got short tour around the island and found ourselves in some kind of garden for Pok?mon. That's supposed to be our home from now. When we were getting to our improvised beds, Lillie appeared!

Team

torracat.gif

Nightrick, Relaxed Male Torracat @Firium Z
lvl 32, Blaze
- Fire Fang
- Swagger
- Roar
- Bite

dugtrio-alola.gif

Strangla, Serious Female Dugtrio @Quick Claw
lvl 30, Tangling Hair
- Metal Claw
- Sand Tomb
- Sucker Punch
- Bulldoze

araquanid.gif

lvl 28, Water Bubble
- Bubble Beam
- Spider Web
- Bug Bite
- Infestation

passimian.gif

lvl 26, Receiver
- Brick Break
- Focus Energy
- Beat Up
- Scary Face

sandygast.gif

Nightfall, Calm Male Sandygast
lvl 22, Water Compaction
- Astonish
- Sand Attack
- Sand Tomb
- Mega Drain​

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Username: CodeHelmet
Era: Jurassic Jam
Game: Yellow

Planned Team:

butterfree-f.png
charizard.png
blastoise.png
parasect.png
dragonite.png
aerodactyl.png

Also have a minor question involving Ancient Greece. If your starter(in this case for me in Pikachu) is in the first slot the entire challenge, how does one train their other Pokemon? The rule seems to imply it to be a Solo Challenge unless the rule applies to Trainer, Gym and Elite 4 encounters where you can swap to another Pokemon at the earliest convenience. Anyways, I should have Jurassic Jam(in honor of latest Jurassic movie) done by Sunday.

Midnight Umbreon

Years
Everyone died. We were caught by the navy and destroyed in the eternal forest. This is captain calzone's last log.
*shinging of blade. Thunking sound*. Yeah just a little violent...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Also have a minor question involving Ancient Greece. If your starter(in this case for me in Pikachu) is in the first slot the entire challenge, how does one train their other Pokemon? The rule seems to imply it to be a Solo Challenge unless the rule applies to Trainer, Gym and Elite 4 encounters where you can swap to another Pokemon at the earliest convenience. Anyways, I should have Jurassic Jam(in honor of latest Jurassic movie) done by Sunday.

The rule applies to Gyms, evil teams and Elite 4 and pretty much any important battles.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
The rule applies to Gyms, evil teams and Elite 4 and pretty much any important battles.

Sounds fair then, although leading with Pikachu against some of the Gym Leaders is going to be difficult, if not outright suicide in Giovanni?s case lol. Even against Blue I?m going to have to instantly swap to a Flying Type to avoid getting OHKO?d from his Sandslash.

I?ll edit in my Jurassic Jam result tomorrow. I?m extremely tired right now and Lt.Surge was quite a challenge for a change(Thunderbolt is really nasty when you don?t have a Ground Type).

*Edit*

So as promised, my challenge result was a success but not without some bumps or challenges. Brock was easy as expected thanks to Butterfree but Misty continues to hold her claim as to the most annoying and frankly lucky Gym Leader in Kanto. I managed to defeat her Staryu after putting it asleep five times with Sleep Powder(only for it to wake up the following turn 3 times...) but before I could knock it out with Confusion, it landed a critical Water Gun that did some damage. Her Starmie continued her lucky streak by avoiding going to Sleep and landing a critical Bubblebeam to KO my Butterfree. With Charmander and Paras as my remaining options, I sent out Paras and paralyzed her Starmie after she raised its Defense with Harden. I then took advantage of its Psychic Typing by using Leech Life(which gains STAB) but I took several Bubblebeam hits, including one that was critical. Fortunately I was able to defeat her Ace. It wasn?t just Misty that gave me issues but Lt.Surge as well since without a Ground Type Pokemon, Thunderbolt is really nasty. I opened with Charmander but nearly got OHKO?d from Thunderbolt. I responded with Ember that did minor damage but I got extremely lucky by getting a Burn on Raichu. Charmander fell the next round to a 2nd Thunderbolt but thanks to the Burn, his Physical moves are basically cut in half. I then sent out Paras because Butterfree?s Typing made it suicide and I managed to whittle him down to virtually nothing but fell to a Thunderbolt. I had no choice but to send out Butterfree and I finished him off with Confusion(I was so close to losing). Erika fortunately wasn?t as difficult as I had Butterfree, Charmander and Paras at my disposal for her Grass Types.

After getting my Dratini and doing some serious training, I wiped the floor with Koga thanks to Charizard(Flamethrower + Bugs = victory). I did my first Dragonair vs Sabrina match(yeah surprising I know) where I basically won 3-0 with Thunder Wave and Hyper Beam. Blaine lost to Aerodactyl handedly(need to use Rock Pokemon more often) and I used a combination of Blastoise, Butterfree and Charizard to beat Giovanni.

Elite Four was where it got interesting. Lorelei was the hardest due to me having four Flying Type Pokemon, including my Dragonite who had a x4 weakness. Only Pokemon who resisted her was Blastoise but I was saving him for later, hence I opted to go with Aerodactly since Rock shreds Ice. I opened with Double Team hoping that her Dewgong would miss but she doesn?t and lands a wicked Bubblebeam. I use Double Team again and she misses the 2nd time around. I heal with a Max Potion I found and proceeded to use Double Team. After maxing Evasion, I merely used Rock Slide and Fly to KO her Pokemon. For Bruno, it was basically Blastoise for his Onix and Aerodactyl for his Fighting Type Pokemon.

Agatha was a true pain in the ass. Not because she had an advantage on my Pokemon but because I only had one Pokemon with Super Effective moves in Butterfree?s Psychic. I managed to defeat 4 of her Pokemon without taking much damage(and undoing any status ailments with Full Restores). Her final Gengar though... ugh. First it uses a Confuse Ray that causes me to miss and follows it up with Psychic that KO?s me. I?m like... s#&# and send out Aerodactyl whose speed outclasses her Gengar but I miss with a Fly Attack. Confuse Ray and Psychic = KO. F&$#&# so I send out Charizard and finally beat her with Flamethrower. I used a combination of Parasect and Blastoise to defeat Lance(Spore Attack and Mega Drain is quite nasty).

As for Blue, I opened with Dragonite and basically sweep his team lol. Used Surf on Sandslash, Hyper Beam on Alakazam, Hyper Beam on Exeggutor, Surf on Ninetales, Thunderbolt on Cloyster and Thunder Wave + Surf + Hyper Beam on Jolteon(did take a nasty Thunderbolt though). MVP of run will go to Butterfree as it did a lot of heavy lifting early on and came through in the clutch against Lt.Surge.

Last edited:
Years

incineroar.gif
dugtrio-alola.gif
araquanid.gif
passimian.gif
sandygast.gif

CHAPTER 14 - NEXT ISLAND!

Lillie started floating and attacked Lusamine, so I interfered and beat her with Aquanera. Lusamine was angry, because her company doesn't hurt people and we were kicked out of there.
After hours of swimming, we made it to next island. We were greeted by Kukui enjoying his evening tea - that he bought with money he got for selling us. He sents was to work in this island's observatory. We met Sophocles, one of the Trial Captains. And I challenged him. His Electric Pok?mon were so powerful that the whole observatory blew up!
And so, I and Hau are homeless again...
OCC: This run is going really slowly... I feel like I spent eternity on the 3rd islands and I'm hardly in a half of it. While I enjoy the game more that I did in 2016, I still kinda wish to complete it soon.

Team

incineroar.gif

Nightrick, Relaxed Male Incineroar @Firium Z
lvl 38, Blaze
- Fire Fang
- Swagger
- Roar
- Darkest Lariat

dugtrio-alola.gif

Strangla, Serious Female Dugtrio @Steelium Z
lvl 36, Tangling Hair
- Metal Claw
- Sand Tomb
- Sucker Punch
- Bulldoze

araquanid.gif

lvl 34, Water Bubble
- Bubble Beam
- Spider Web
- Bug Bite
- Infestation

passimian.gif

lvl 33, Receiver
- Brick Break
- Focus Energy
- Acrobatics
- Scary Face

sandygast.gif

Nightfall, Calm Male Sandygast
lvl 33, Water Compaction
- Astonish
- Sand Attack
- Bulldoze
- Hypnosis​

Last edited:
Years

incineroar.gif
dugtrio-alola.gif
araquanid.gif
passimian.gif
palossand.gif
togedemaru.gif

CHAPTER 15 - REBELLION!

We were invited by a creepy girl to her house on Ula'ula Island. There, we reunited with Lillie. She didn't look like someone who just took beating from Aquanera. Weird. The creepy girl claimed to be next Trial Captain, so I agreed to go with her to her Trial Site. Only to end up in the abandoned Site. And you don't wanna know what she wanted to do here. After ehhh... photo session... yeah, photo session! So after that we returned to her house only to found slave hunters there.They were friendly and offered me and Hau to join them.
We travelled to their base in Po Town and met their leader Guzma. Pretty cool guy. He let us join him and told us that he'll find us when we're needed.
After getting back to the creepy girl's house, we found out that Alolan Mum's Factory took away Lillie. Probably because of her attack of the Lusamine.
Suddently, wild Gladion appeared. He's slave hunter too! And he has orders for us. We have to find someone named Lillie in Alolan Mum's Factory's island.
We decided to steal a boat to get to the island, but we were caught by a cop named Nanu. But he's corrupted and let us go.
We made our way to the island in our very own slave hunting boat! We beat every single person there until we got enough intel about that Lillie. It must be very popular name here in Alola.
According to one of the kid workers there, the runaway slave is with Lusamine. Could she stole it? We made our way there only to find our Lillie. She and Lusamine seems to know each other. She had this long monologue about how her daughter and son destroyed her work and run away from her. Those bastards! If I ever meet them... How can they be so disrespectful? But I must agree that Lusamine is kinda scary. Just like my mum. So that's okay.
Gladion then said that his mother would never be evil. His mum must be fun at parties.
Lillie was like WTF are these two doing. When I asked what she means by that, her answer shocked me. THEY. ARE. FAMILY. Wow. What weirdos. And at that moment it hit me. Throughout my whole journey, I met kid workers that run away from their factories and defied their parents. Could I be working for a bad side this whole time?
Nah, it's just this region problem. Or could it be truth?
While I was thinking about these things, Lusamine opened portal to another dimension and disappered.

Gladion then revealed the whole truth. He and Lillie are leaders of international kid saving program and after seeing me winning the Industrual Games, they wanted to recruit me. My way to Alola was all their doing. They also offered Hau to join their forces. I decided to help them... for now.

Team

incineroar.gif

lvl 48, Blaze
- Fire Fang
- Swagger
- Roar
- Darkest Lariat

dugtrio-alola.gif

lvl 46, Tangling Hair
- Iron Head
- Sand Tomb
- Sucker Punch
- Bulldoze

araquanid.gif

lvl 46, Water Bubble
- Bubble Beam
- Crunch
- Bug Bite
- Infestation

passimian.gif

lvl 46, Receiver
- Brick Break
- Focus Energy
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat

palossand.gif

Nightfall, Calm Male Palossand @Ghostium Z
lvl 47, Water Compaction
- Shadow Ball
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Giga Drain

togedemaru.gif

Tel, Adamant Male Togedemaru @Electrium Z
lvl 28, Lighting Rod
- Charge
- Spark
- Nuzzle
- Magnet Rise​

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Long time coming but I have to do it.

Username: CodeHelmet
Era: Ancient Greece
Game: Yellow(Pika Power)

Haven't decided on a team yet but I wouldn't be surprised if my Pikachu is level 70 by the time I reach Viridian City(for the Gym) and everyone else(unless I purposely grind) in the 30's.

Edit* With Water, Ground and Normal Types not allowed(two explicitly), it means I'll need a Surf HM slave.

Last edited:
Years

incineroar.gif
dugtrio-alola.gif
araquanid.gif
passimian.gif
palossand.gif
togedemaru.gif

CHAPTER 16 - Conquering...

We made our way to the last island, where we contacted woman named Hapu - kid disguised as old hag. She is secretly helping the Resistance and told us there are 2 ancient artifacts that can summon same portal that Lusamine used.
Me and Lillie decided to get one on Exeggutor Island, while Gladion got the other one. Lillie's skirt got a little bit wet on the island, but we managed to get the artifact. Gladion soon returned with the other one and we started planning our attack. Hau and Gladion will attack Kukui and his Elite Four and me and Lillie will find Lusamine.
We used artifacts to open the portal and get into this weird dimension full of much more beautiful Lillies. Anyway, I forget to bring my big white draggo, so I had to stick with these lazy bastards from Alola.
We found Lusamine and she fused with one of the Lillies. Cool! I should switch sides once again. Before I could do anything, Lillie - the human Lillie - took care of Lusamine with her Solgaleo. So she had legendary Pokémon this whole time? I'm not even mad, I have one too and I didn't use it. She then activated her De-Fusion Spell card and beat Lillie - the Pokémon one - once again. After that, human Lillie decided to drag Lusamine all the way to the portal and back to Alola, so she can face her crimes.
Few minutes after we got out of that weird dimension, we got message from Gladion, that they took down Kukui and his league. That's great. Then he added that Kukui escaped. That's not so great. We just started big revolution... World War!
We celebrated that evening in the Iki Town. Many kid workers, including Lana and Mallow, came and decided to support our cause.
I noticed Lillie missing during the event. I found her hat. Then one of her boot few metres away. I followed the clues to the Ruins of Conflict. There he was. Kukui holding Lillie hostage. I had fierce and long battle with him, but in the end won.

Next day Gladion revealed me and Hau his next plans. He wants to attack and conquer Sinnoh...

OOC: Well, this last part was really interesting. I led with underleveled Tel for most of the time until E4. Because of that, I had to switch at the start of the each battle and my other Pokémon were taking hits.
Water-Type were once again menace to my team. This time it was Lusamine's Milotic. Well, her whole team pretty much countered mine. Hala was another obstacle on my way to victory. Other E4 members weren't that bad, but I still had bigger problems with them that during my 1st regular playthrough. I also think my Pokémon were on lower levels that on previous runs.

Team

incineroar.gif

lvl 59, Blaze
- Flare Blitz
- Swagger
- Roar
- Darkest Lariat

dugtrio-alola.gif

lvl 57, Tangling Hair
- Iron Head
- Sand Tomb
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

araquanid.gif

lvl 59, Water Bubble
- Liquidation
- Crunch
- Leech Life
- Infestation

passimian.gif

lvl 55, Receiver
- Brick Break
- Focus Energy
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat

palossand.gif

Nightfall, Calm Male Palossand @Ghostium Z
lvl 59, Water Compaction
- Shadow Ball
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Giga Drain

togedemaru.gif

Tel, Adamant Male Togedemaru @Electrium Z
lvl 52, Lighting Rod
- Spiky Shield
- Wild Charge
- Nuzzle
- Gyro Ball​

Last edited:
Years

The Industrial Era in Pok?mon Pearl

monferno.png
bidoof.png

CHAPTER 17 - ... the world!

My name is Zeman Twist and I'm kid rebel. But I wasn't always rebel. Actually, only few days ago, I was one of the best kid worker in the world. I helped my company conquer half of the world. But now, now I'm different. I help kids to better tomorrows. With the help from my Alolan friends I set to free Sinnoh from adult's reign.
To do so, I have to beat their league and champion - Cynthia.

Me and Gladion took a plane to Jubilife City, where we met local rebels in Trainer School. They advised us to wait with our attack until someone try and beat Cynthia's Company. We didn't have to wait long. Once we left Trainer School, we heard someone talking about Team Galaxy wanting to rule the region or something like that.
So we got to Oreburgh City where we started our plan. Me, being stealth like always sneaked to the Gym at night and set off sprinklers on everyone. The Gym and city with it is ours.

Team

monferno.png

Clive, Hasty Male Monferno
lvl 17, Blaze
- Ember
- Fury Swipes
- Mach Punch
- Taunt

bidoof.png

Rusty, Quirky Female Bidoof
lvl 13, Simple
- Tackle
- Rollout
- Defense Curl
- Rock Smash​

Last edited:
Years
I'd like to start this as soon as i finish one of my other two challenges And as ive nearly done with crazy clause i'm going to go ahead and post my sign-up sheet :)

I'd like to work on an ultimate run through each Era

Username: Sylvie
Game: Blazeblack (more variety for each era that way)
Era: Ultimate run through all of them

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I'd like to start this as soon as i finish one of my other two challenges And as ive nearly done with crazy clause i'm going to go ahead and post my sign-up sheet :)

I'd like to work on an ultimate run through each Era

Username: Sylvie
Game: Blazeblack (more variety for each era that way)
Era: Ultimate run through all of them

That?s going to be a long undertaking if you?re going to do each Era seven times(including the Time Warp one....).

Anyways, with regards to my Ancient Greece challenge on Yellow... to put it simply it was the longest and most annoying challenge I?ve ever had due to having Pikachu as my lead. Was great early on but against Erika, Koga, Blaine and especially Giovanni... I had no choice but to switch to other team members. Charizard, thanks to its Flying Typing, was my MVP as it was able to avoid the Ground moves that would have KO?d my Electric starter. To go along with Charizard, I had Venusuar, Clefairy, Hitmonchan(Elemental punches, particularly Ice Punch) and Jolteon(Pin Missile for the win!).

After getting through all 8 Gym Leaders with an OP Pikachu(was level 60 while the rest of my team was 55ish), I slugged my way through Victory Road and hating every moment of it due to all the damn Rock Pokemon... ugh(not to mention all the Trainers too). After making my way out of Victory Road, I grinded to 60 so that when I switched in, they?d be able to take a hit. Lorelei was solo?d by Jolteon because he?s that good(Thunderbolt + Pin Missile for Jynx). Bruno was easy with Charizard soloing with Earthquake and Fly. Agatha was a pain as usual but Pikachu?s speed and Double Team ultimately won out in the end(thank god). Used Pikachu to zap Lance?s Gyrados before swapping to Hitmonchan and it?s Ice Punch. Didn?t OHKO like Blastoise(or better yet Lapras) Ice Beam but did enough damage that I was able to KO both Dragonairs. Swapped to Jolteon for Aerodactyl(using Thunderbolt) before swapping back to Hitmonchan and Ice Punch. Dragonite KO?d my Hitmonchan and hence I swapped to Jolteon for another Thunderbolt that managed to do the job. In the final battle with Blue, I immediately swapped to Charizard so as to avoid Earthquake and KO?d with a combination of Fly and Flamethrower. Swapped to Jolteon for Alakazam(Pin Missile), Cloyster(Thunderbolt), and Exeggutor(Pin Missile x4 Damage). Back to Charizard for Ninetales(Earthquake) and dodging another Thunder for an EQ OHKO on Jolteon.

I can?t think of too many challenges on Yellow that would be harder than that... ugh.

Last edited:
Years
That?s going to be a long undertaking if you?re going to do each Era seven times(including the Time Warp one....).
Pretty sure i read that there are two kinds of ultimate, one of which you can go through all eras on just one game, which is what i meant, as i currently dont have access to all seven gens.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Pretty sure i read that there are two kinds of ultimate, one of which you can go through all eras on just one game, which is what i meant, as i currently dont have access to all seven gens.

Ahh yeah that?d work. You either do each Era once on one particular game or one particular Era 7 times for each Generation. In a way I?ve kind of been doing an Ultimate on Yellow but I dont know if I?ll ever get around to completing it(been doing solo challenges for now).

Last edited:
Back