• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
Actually if you read my edited post, I found another ROM to use. Now I currently have the Plain Badge from Jessica and the Running Shoes. Also I have an Elekid and Charmeleon. I like this version of LP more, thanks for translating it! :) I'll play more of this tomorrow, and I have two days of summer left, school for me begins this Tuesday.

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2012
been trying to get it to work on Gameboid for Android but it doesn't work, keep getting white screen... which is weird because the betas in english worked fine

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2011
been trying to get it to work on Gameboid for Android but it doesn't work, keep getting white screen... which is weird because the betas in english worked fine

Ya me too, but the link is a patch for a ruby rom and I dont think we can patch roms with our phone. But I know there is a way to do it or else I wouldnt b able to play half the games I have( which are hacked pokemon games I downloaded through 4shared)

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2012
Ya me too, but the link is a patch for a ruby rom and I dont think we can patch roms with our phone. But I know there is a way to do it or else I wouldnt b able to play half the games I have( which are hacked pokemon games I downloaded through 4shared)
well i patched the rom on my pc and sent it over to Phone... and i tested it on my pc and it worked fine also

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2011
yeah i patched it correctly and all to a ruby 1.0 and like K2 the intro was still not translated a little bit,the intro was glitch then when i leave the house it says MT Rainbow and glitched up and when you meet the ash and the rest at the alpha scripture part still glitched up.when you shose your starter it flashes weird colors and freezes up,also iam using my gpsp on my psp.

Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2016
yeah i patched it correctly and all to a ruby 1.0 and like K2 the intro was still not translated a little bit,the intro was glitch then when i leave the house it says MT Rainbow and glitched up and when you meet the ash and the rest at the alpha scripture part still glitched up.when you shose your starter it flashes weird colors and freezes up,also iam using my gpsp on my psp.

I have the same problem i'm using ruby 1.0 and there are areas that are black and it freezes at the starter choosing part, the only difference is i'm using my computer

Years
This is an alright hack, nowhere near as good as it's fanbase makes it out to be, but it's fun.

I've only played up to the first gym, and noticed some bugs/oddities:
Magic.png
Trick.png

The youngster materialises upon entry to the map--move him to the left a couple of tiles.
Tile.png

I'm not entirely sure if it's fixable, but yeah, this glitches up.
Safari1.png
Safari.png

I've found this a lot in this hack--scripts reused. For example:
Roseliaa.png
Roselia.png
Roseliaaa.png

While I'm on the subject, the "HOUSE" signposts are utterly useless. It's better off without a script.
Pointless1.png
Pointless.png

Cousina.png
Cousin.png

Paste.png
Copy.png

Incidentally, the Marsh Zone has a border error:
SafariZone-1.png

The Pichu sign seems to have a) no purpose and b) a hole in it's head. Or is it one of those pose things? Because if so, you can actually...pose.
Pichu.png

This tile and the one below it are impassable.
Movement1.png

She looks pretty well-developed and...large for a lass.
Massive.png

Prof. Oak seems to magically pick up the Pokédexes from the other side of the table. Also, what's with the inclusion of like every protoganist from the Pokémon games excluding Brendan/May?
MagicalRetrieval.png

The Combee were quite annoying because they sometimes blocked the path.
Impassable.png

This is another example of the disappearing acts that happen (there's a youngster in the next route that magically appears upon entry).
Disappearingact.png

Other bugs that I don't have screenshots of:
- If you do the drowning Pichu event, but lose against Diamond, then another Pichu appears to be drowning. From this, you could in theory raise an army of inept Pichu swimmers. Yeah.
- If you decide to leave the Safari Zone early, you seem to disappear instead of walk through the doors.

There were some more but I can't remember.

Anyway, this hack is pretty good as I said. I think it's overhyped because of it's graphics (which are beautiful, there's no denying that), and I'm not so sure on the story so far... Also according to Snakebyte there is no explanation as to why your Dad taught you the Alpha language, what the Alpha language even is, etc. which is a bit of a disappointment and makes the reason a bit...lackluster, shall we say?

Anyway, congratulations on completing a hack, Wesley, it is pretty fun, and I'm most probably going to finish it sometime soon, by which time I can give a more in-depth review for more of the hack. :P

I already posted most of those Bug months ago. I thought they were fixed.
Well, hope someone fix them.

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2011
iam getting a diffrent emulator for psp and trying it out,what emulator are you using anyway bab?

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Even though the full version is released, I'm still going to send reports if you don't mind. I'd like to keep this game as flawless as possible. I'm gonna try it now. ^_^ Hopefully the beta test version's saves still work.

Years
When ever I fight this trainer I get a black screen but the battle music is still going on in the background. Does anyone know why this could have happened?

R3D X

Dark Robin
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2012
snakebyte's version works on gameboid or psp emulators (gpsp) as long as you Patch the right rom RUBY 1.0!!!!

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
CosmosStrike: I don't know where that is! :(
R3D X: Thank you
sonofkan: Yes.
Tyranee: Awesome :D
U_Flame: They will!

Smallbirdie

Lurker Extraordinaire!
Years
For people mentioning repeated dialog and funny movement permissions, this is the TRANSLATION OF WESLEYFG'S LIGHT PLATINUM. The bugs that are fixed are the actual bugs, the ones that interrupt gameplay or wreak havok. Wesley's version had repeated text and mailboxes that say HOUSE, and even trainers that say the same thing, and OMG even trainers with the same pokemon line ups one right after another! This is a translation of that version!!!

This had been developed, created and translated FOR FREE. If you're not happy with it, DON'T PLAY IT! Shesh!

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
CosmosStrike: With SmallBirdie's assistance, I pinned down where you were talking about. Neither she or I have any problems with that trainer, so either you've screwed up patching it, or done something in-game that's causing it to screw up and we can't replicate it. If it is my fault, there's very little I can do. However, apparently that trainer can be completely avoided! So just keep on playing! :D

I'd be interested to know if that happens to anyone else. It was a trainer on Route 409.

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2011
Tried this on the android phone. It works flawlessly. Just have to make sure that the Ruby rom is 1.0. Great rom so far! Thanks for all the hard work put in for this!

Sky
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Well, I just finished. And Snakebyte really worked hard for this version. No big bugs I found. Here is some small bugs I got:
Border Block error:
0907pokemonrubyversionu.png

He didn't look at the hero.

Safari Zone bug: When I want to play again, I choose Yes and they say like I choose No. It only back to normal when I go to another map and return.

Contest Gliches (but I think it's fine)

I think you can walk through this.

Show pokepic Bugs (it's really an annoying Ruby bug :\):

He may be a trainer? He didn't battle. (it's same for some other trainers. I guess SonicBlazePlatinum said this many times but I think it's not very important. :))

Movement permission bugs
0907pokemonrubyversionux.png

Text error (kosaka City)

Tile error (trees)

Congratulation! Wesley, Snakebyte and the others. Finally, this hack has been finished.

Last edited:
Back