• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin

AskipLudo

The Masked Guy
Years
Hello so I put the EBS in my essentials and when starting in debug I have this :

94c4535649f441129f3616443a8de7ac.png

While going into a wild encounter :/

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 31, 2017
Hey Luka S.J
Love the new system. I went into the grass to initiate the battle but instead I got this error.

---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
Exception: RGSSError

EliteBattle_EntryAnimations:608:in `initialize'

EliteBattle_EntryAnimations:608:in `new'

EliteBattle_EntryAnimations:608:in `ebWildAnimationOutdoor'

EliteBattle_EntryAnimations:212:in `pbBattleAnimation'

PField_Field:900:in `pbWildBattle_ebs'

EliteBattle_EntryAnimations:248:in `pbWildBattle'

PField_Field:1371:in `pbBattleOnStepTaken'

PField_Field:1395:in `pbOnStepTaken'

Game_Player:484:in `update_old'

Walk_Run:76:in `update'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Malcolm\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

superx18

Welcome!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 29, 2021
Error updating sprites in debug mode in Elite Battle System

Hi, there is nothing more to do to make it work. I tried all and i can't.

The problem is the next:

I download the base original version of Pokemon Essentials v16, after i update with v16.2. With all in default, i download the most recent update of Elite Battle System from Luka's page. I decompressed and installing(with RPG MAKER XP closed) and the windows open, all good and correct from now.
But when i go to try it for first time in DEBUG MODE and tried to update Sprites, i get this.

Code:
[B]Exception: Errno::ENOENT
Message: File Graphics/Battlers/egg.png or Graphics/Battlers/Eggs/000.png not found.
EliteBattle_Battle:676:in `rename'
EliteBattle_Battle:676:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
EliteBattle_Battle:674:in `each'
EliteBattle_Battle:674:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
Main:6:in `main'
Main:49:in `mainFunctionDebug'
Main:27:in `mainFunction'
Main:27:in `pbCriticalCode'
Main:27:in `mainFunction'
Main:59[/B]

so i cant' understand, i tried to search the image of egg sprite and put it on in the folder /Eggs so work, but no generate sprites and other stuff in the folder.
I don't know what to do.

Sorry for my bad english.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 3, 2018
Is this thread still active? Anyways if so whilst working on my fangame with EBS, I keep getting this error when attempting catch a wild Pokemon, the battle continues as if nothing happens however, anyways here is the error:
Spoiler:

Well any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

MysteriousUser94

Someone asked me if I could readapt your beautiful battle skin to my Starter Kit "Pok?mon SDK". The matter there is that your rules forbid me to readapt your system :
  • You may not re-distribute this system
  • You may not bundle this system with other packs

My Starter isn't like Essentials I can probably say I totaly works differently so in order to adapt your system to my starter I'll have to "redistribute" your system ^^' (The credit will be respected you can see it in the PSDK topic or in its own credit.txt file.)

What do you think of the whole thing ? Will I get a "special authorisation" or will you do something like host the result plugin on your website ?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
What do you think of the whole thing ? Will I get a "special authorisation" or will you do something like host the result plugin on your website ?

I won't do either. The use conditions are pretty explicit. You're free to write your own battle system for the other kit. Just not with EBS as a base.

MysteriousUser94

If I asked it's because that's really unclear x)
If by EBS you mean :
- Scripts (i wouldn't really use as base)
- The converter (I wrote a GIF Reader)
- The Graphical resources (It would be easier with this x))
- The UI disposition & animation (I think that was why I was asked ^^')

I won't use it and do something else for the guy who asked.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
If I asked it's because that's really unclear x)
If by EBS you mean :
- Scripts (i wouldn't really use as base)
- The converter (I wrote a GIF Reader)
- The Graphical resources (It would be easier with this x))
- The UI disposition & animation (I think that was why I was asked ^^')

I won't use it and do something else for the guy who asked.

Ok, since it's very unclear: stuff made for EBS, stays with EBS. This includes all the possible EBS scripts and graphics I've made for EBS. Whatever is not explicitly credited in EBS means that it was made by me for EBS, exclusively.

Any resource I did not make, and is public - those are not up to me to decide. This means that the following things currently in EBS are up for grabs:
  • All the sprites for the 649 Pokemon (including the Egg sprites and cracks)
  • The trainer Red backsprite by Tebited15
  • The Gen 5 Pokeball spritesheet
  • The battle backgrounds and bases by Eli and Lilatraube
  • Sound effects ripped by BadSamaritan
  • GIF to PNG converter (if dragonnite allows it)
The rest is EBS exclusive stuff. Meaning that it stays with EBS.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
Change the Battle UI

Hi eberyone. I'm a bit new to pokémon essentials and I'm still learning. I recently downloadeed Luka SJ BW EBS, and the battle UI looks something like this:
http://imgur.com/6Huo1mx

I've seen there's another one, maybe from a previous version, which is this one:
https://archive.is/kiDeB/55ed3844e0a0c2642f01cda50dfd7b635af355fb.png

I really like the second one, and I've been searching a lot where could I find it but haven't finded it. I would be really grateful if someone could tell me how to implement it.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
It's in the settings. Specifically script section, SJPlugins_Settings. Look for the constant EBUISTYLE and change it from 2 to 1

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 19, 2018
Pokemon Elite Battle System: "Message: Section192:1534:in `smPreBattle'undefined method `width' for nil:NilClass"

Okay, so I'm very new to the Pokemon Essentials usage, and have only recently signed up for a coding class, and I have just installed The Pokemon Elite Battle System to my custom game.
I attempted to use one of the custom versus sequences that was made, which represents the Sun and Moon sequence for a Youngster on Route 1, just as an experiment, but then, this came up.

Code:
Exception: RuntimeError
Exception: NoMethodError
Message: Section192:1534:in `smPreBattle'undefined method `width' for nil:NilClass
***Full script:
pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::YOUNGSTER,"Ben",_I("Aww, I lost."),false,0,false,0)
Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
EliteBattle_EntryAnimations:148:in `pbBattleAnimation'
PTrainer_NPCTrainers:343:in `pbTrainerBattle'
(eval)[CODE]
:1:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:794:in `eval'
Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:794:in `command_111'
Interpreter:320:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:193:in `update'
Interpreter:106:in `loop'

Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:794:in `command_111'
Interpreter:320:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:193:in `update'
Interpreter:106:in `loop'
Interpreter:198:in `update'
Scene_Map:103:in `update'
Scene_Map:101:in `loop'
Scene_Map:114:in `update'
Scene_Map:68:in `main'[/CODE]

It's just experimental, but I know it may become a bigger problem in the forseeable future. It would be much appreciated if anyone could help out.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
It's just experimental, but I know it may become a bigger problem in the forseeable future. It would be much appreciated if anyone could help out.

You have something in your game's project that is breaking the Graphics module. Currently, I'm aware of 2 scripts that do that:
  • Drimer's RGSS code injection/cheating tool
  • Klein's Fast Map Exporter
EBS can't generate the the required bitmap from the Graphics module (i.e. taking a screenshot). Either you have some scripts which are giving you grief, or you don't have the rubyscreen.dll required for screenshotting.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 15, 2017
In the script list, specifically EliteBattle_EntryAnimations, it speaks about trainer types in the EVIL_TEAM_LIST array. Where can I find this array and how do I add trainer types to it?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 17, 2018
Hello Luka, I have a problem with your battle system. I tried to change pokedex script but an error occurred in EliteBattle_BitmapWrapper
here-->
Spoiler:

Here is pokedex's script
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Hello Luka, I have a problem with your battle system. I tried to change pokedex script but an error occurred in EliteBattle_BitmapWrapper
here-->
Spoiler:

Here is pokedex's script
Spoiler:

# Change to false if you don't use Luka S.J's Elite Battle 2015.
USING_BITMAP_WRAPPER = false

Right at the top.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 17, 2018
# Change to false if you don't use Luka S.J's Elite Battle 2015.
USING_BITMAP_WRAPPER = false

Right at the top.

I had already changed USING_BITMAP_WRAPPER but unfortunately I get the error I posted in the previous message. If you knew how to solve this problem I would be very grateful to you.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2023
I need help installing this. I watched the youtube tutorial and the file I downloaed looks different. the zip contains a folder with _installer folder, and a .exe file which shows a bug when I run it. I can't find the EliteBattle scripts which the video says to add to the project. all I see are graphics and settings as text files. is my zip file broken? or am I supposed to unzip in my game folder and then run the .exe?

Back