• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to change the Pokedex's Map. (FR Tutorial)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
What is the Pokedex Map?

The Pokedex Map is the map that shows the area a Pokemon is at.​

What programs do I need?​

You'll need:
FSF
Hacked unLZ-GBA
FR Rom
Emulator​

Here is the tutorial.​

Open up unLZ-GBA and find the world map on 16 color, black and white. My location was at 322, but some have told me that it was 314, 320, 330, etc. It's just somewhere in the area. Then press the + or - button until it looks like this.
2uoi7p1.jpg

Save your map somewhere in .png format. Open it in MS Paint, Photoshop, Gimp, just some program. Make your own map using only those colors.
8xuesn.png

Make your map. Here is mine in .jpg, so no theft. It's for a hack that I was helping with, but the author said I could continue after he quit.
aviozn.jpg

Press Import, choose your image. Press write to ROM. Press automatically fix pointers. Press ok.

It might say Compressed Image is to big... or something like that. Remember the number that shows up, and open up your rom on FSF. Type in the numbers in the Hex part.
2aj9zid.jpg

Type what appears in Dec in needed bytes, and press search. Then copy and in unLZ press write to rom, and under image offset remove the number there except for the 0 in the beginning.

Press Okay, and it will say Pointer Changed...

It will not show your image if you go back to the image. This is normal.

What is the end result?

1t3q7d.jpg

I made a little mistake when coloring my map, but it still worked as you can see.
This doesn't edit the red areas as you can see in this picture from Mitchel1's tutorial.
ivg803.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Very good tutorial. It will help many Fire Red Hacker. I am not fond of Fire Red but I have to chose Fire Red for my hack "Shadow of Darkness" because it has many Advantage and It has enough memory for two region. Well thank you for the tutorial.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I'm not working on a hack at the moment, but this will be very useful when I do.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024

This doesn't edit the red areas as you can see in this picture from Mitchel1's tutorial.
ivg803.png

Does anyone finally knows on how to maneuver this? That is one important thing I'm still looking for. If someone knows, reply me. Thanks. Good job TRRaichu. I hope that you can identify to maneuver this problem. :)

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 20, 2020
Does somebody have a download link for the hacked unLZ-GBA program? Because the link on Hackmew's toolfactory is dead and I can't find it anywhere else.

Back