• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Amethyst

What name is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

marcc5m

what
Years
Hooray. Anyway, I'm going to be resuming work on this over Spring Break. However...
It's going to be undergoing some major changes.
First of all...It is now a Fire Red hack.
Second of all...it is no longer going to be called Pokémon DarkGrey, and the Mewtwo plot is going to be slightly tweaked.
Any ideas for a new name, feel free to suggest something, since I haven't chosen a new name yet.

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
Any ideas for a new name, feel free to suggest something, since I haven't chosen a new name yet.

Pokémon Dark Shadow

Pokémon Gray Silver

Pokémon Shadow Gray

Pokémon Dark Chrome

Pokémon Black Shadow

Pokémon Emptiness

Pokémon Tainted

Pokémon Twisted

Pokémon Pale Gray

Pokémon Broken Soul

You can use any of these, change it up a bit if you like, doesn't matter to me

Good luck and i'll be looking forward to more progress!

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2019
I really liked the look of this hack, and even though I really do not like fakemon, you convinced me by only having legendary fakemon. The maps are all really nice too, but then you lost a lot of your work and the thread was locked. You then released some more screenshots, but this time they had a very different style and you seem to have added loads of Fakemon, implying this is a Fakemon only game. Is this still the case, since the thread has been locked and reopened since then?

marcc5m

what
Years
Pokémon Dark Shadow

Pokémon Gray Silver

Pokémon Shadow Gray

Pokémon Dark Chrome

Pokémon Black Shadow

Pokémon Emptiness

Pokémon Tainted

Pokémon Twisted

Pokémon Pale Gray

Pokémon Broken Soul

You can use any of these, change it up a bit if you like, doesn't matter to me

Good luck and i'll be looking forward to more progress!

Some of those names sound pretty good, but I've already decided on one now. thanks anyway :)

I really liked the look of this hack, and even though I really do not like fakemon, you convinced me by only having legendary fakemon. The maps are all really nice too, but then you lost a lot of your work and the thread was locked. You then released some more screenshots, but this time they had a very different style and you seem to have added loads of Fakemon, implying this is a Fakemon only game. Is this still the case, since the thread has been locked and reopened since then?

I was originaly going to have no Fakemon, then all Fakemon, and now I'm mixing Fakemon and Pokémon.

Update:
Okay so I've decided I'm going to keep the Mewtwo plot because it's cool okay. Also the new name is...

Pokémon Amethyst because it's cool okay.

Some updates coming soon. Right now I have to port everything over from Ruby to Fire Red and make a bunch of changes. Also Giradialkia is making me some sexy music, but I can't insert it yet because I don't know how. Anyway yeah that's it, bye. And get ready for some screens and stuff.
Because it's cool.
Okay?
Okay.

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
wow fabtatstic li love the story line ,the tiles llok fantastic really this ghack looks promising,i'm looking forward to the first beta and its completion

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
Update:
Okay so I've decided I'm going to keep the Mewtwo plot because it's cool okay. Also the new name is...

Pokémon Amethyst because it's cool okay.

Some updates coming soon. Right now I have to port everything over from Ruby to Fire Red and make a bunch of changes. Also Giradialkia is making me some sexy music, but I can't insert it yet because I don't know how. Anyway yeah that's it, bye. And get ready for some screens and stuff.
Because it's cool.
Okay?
Okay.

Awesome can't wait to see some screenies and more progress

marcc5m

what
Years
No updates yet, been really busy with school and moving house, atm Spherical Ice is helping me with porting everything from the old version (on Ruby) to the new version (on Fire Red). Also adding a poll since Idk if I prefer Amethyst or Dark Grey. 'K bye.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
No updates yet, been really busy with school and moving house, atm Spherical Ice is helping me with porting everything from the old version (on Ruby) to the new version (on Fire Red). Also adding a poll since Idk if I prefer Amethyst or Dark Grey. 'K bye.
You should keep Amethyst because it's cool okay.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Use neither, the pasta name sounds deliciously original :D

Also, work faster please.

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2012
What a wonderful hack, i really the graphisms, and the screens are wonderful too ! :D

marcc5m

what
Years
You should keep Amethyst because it's cool okay.

You posted on my hack.
This gives me hope.

Use neither, the pasta name sounds deliciously original :D

Also, work faster please.

Sorry but the poll doesn't agree :(

Hey fireworks, hows progress going?
Im always checkin this thread for updates only to be dissapointed :(

You won't have to be disappointed much longer then :)

What a wonderful hack, i really the graphisms, and the screens are wonderful too ! :D

Update!

Okay, so it's looking like Amethyst is definitely going to be the new name then. I've also resumed work on this, massive thanks Spherical Ice for helping me port everything over :)

PokemonDG-Copy2_01.jpg
PokemonDG-Copy2_02.jpg
PokemonDG-Copy2_06.jpg

Also, I'm going to save most, if not all Fakemon for beta 1.2. The reason for this is that I want to get a beta out as soon as possible, and then focus on spriting over the Summer, then beta 1.2 will be basically a bug fix if there are any in beta 1, and a ton of Fakémon.

EDIT: Screenshots turned JPEG when I uploaded them :\ Oh well.

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
Update!

Okay, so it's looking like Amethyst is definitely going to be the new name then. I've also resumed work on this, massive thanks Spherical Ice for helping me port everything over :)

PokemonDG-Copy2_01.jpg
PokemonDG-Copy2_02.jpg
PokemonDG-Copy2_06.jpg

Also, I'm going to save most, if not all Fakemon for beta 1.2. The reason for this is that I want to get a beta out as soon as possible, and then focus on spriting over the Summer, then beta 1.2 will be basically a bug fix if there are any in beta 1, and a ton of Fakémon.

EDIT: Screenshots turned JPEG when I uploaded them :\ Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Really impressive so far fireworks, exspecially reverting back to the original fire red tiles, what was the reason for this? As your old tiles you had were very good?
The screens are nice, theres only one error, in the lab behind the bush it has a light floor tile when its meant to have shading, but I'm sure you already noticed that.
And whats the go with the story, are you changing it? Good luck.

marcc5m

what
Years
Okay, so I had an idea egarding the story. I actually posted it already but deleted it because I felt it was too vague.
Anyway, basically, the protagonist goes on search for the Pokémon who killed his father, as anyone who read the OP would know.
But is his dad really dead?
What if his dad spent all that time in a coma?
What if the father is also looking for that Pokémon?
What if...there is more than just one path to this game?

I'll let you use your imagination now :)

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
Okay, so I had an idea egarding the story. I actually posted it already but deleted it because I felt it was too vague.
Anyway, basically, the protagonist goes on search for the Pokémon who killed his father, as anyone who read the OP would know.
But is his dad really dead?
What if his dad spent all that time in a coma?
What if the father is also looking for that Pokémon?
What if...there is more than just one path to this game?

I'll let you use your imagination now :)

Did he see the pokemon kill his father?
What if his father was the pokemon!? :O
Was his dad a ditto?!
Maybe it was mew! :O

playplayj

TheArchangle
Years
I'm so happy you've decided to "reboot" this hack! I've been waiting for Mewtwo to get more spotlight :-)

Also what's the starters? If I may ask could they not be the regular plain old starters? It may just be me but I'm getting a little sick and tired of charmander, squirtle, bulbasaur etc. So yeah maybe something cool like eevee, or gastly, or an abra (making level up evolutions to Alakazam and Gengar of course) I know it's your hack not mine so it's just a suggestion :-)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back