• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

4th Gen If you could erase any Sinnoh Pokemon from existence...

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
I like Heatran!

I always imagined that it started off as a weak Pokémon and the toughness of the mountain and the area made it tougher and tougher until it eventually became the most powerful there. Not to mention I love that part of the game for some reason. It always reminded me of Death Mountain from the Ocarina of Time.

As for Pokémon that I'd 'get' rid off, I'd have to agree with Burmy. Cool idea, poor executed.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Infernape.

It's the only pokemon in the 4th gen that I can't stand. The 4th gen is my least favourite for pokemon but I can't say I have many dislikes from that gen....it's just a lot of "meh".

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Definitely purrgly (whatever the spelling is). It's ugly, oberpowered, stupid, and looks like an obese maid. I love glameow though. It's awesome.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Lesse.

Turtwig Line
Chimchar Line
Purugly
Skuntank (although quite a charismatic evil Poke)
Bronzor Line
Spiritomb
Croagunk Line
Carnivine

Because they either a) look horrible, or b) are useless.

DPPt had the worst starters of all generations, even compared to Hoenn with Treeko and Mudkip. Between both generations, the bird starters - Piplup and Torchic - were the only aesthetically-pleasing ones. Hoenn only beats DPPt because of the whole Mudkip meme.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Ambipom. I always thought Aipom's design with its creepy udder tail was scary, I died a little when I saw Ambipom for the first time because it just doubles the number. And retains that lifeless grin. I think it's legit given me nightmares before. :( I just wish so much that it didn't exist at all.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Why didn't they get rid of this guy long ago... could've saved a lot of trouble.

Here is this troublemaker, the worst IMO, since he's too ugly. For aesthetic reasons, I wish I could erase...

Spoiler:

If you must know, I care not for competitive importance.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Why didn't they get rid of this guy long ago... could've saved a lot of trouble.

Here is this troublemaker, the worst IMO, since he's too ugly. For aesthetic reasons, I wish I could erase...

Spoiler:

If you must know, I care not for competitive importance.

How I'd miss this guy? He'd be the first to go! Design is as bad as Trubbish.

Demon Days

Element of Magic
Years
Can I pick the whole Chimchar line? They're so bloody ugly, and were the starter of what may possibly be a Fire/Fighting tradition (the Torchic line was original).

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Probopass. Just oh god ew. That thing is... beyond redemption! With most ugly Pokémon I can see some merit to their design and usually even find some cuteness behind them, but Probopass just doesn't do it for me at all. Why would they give a floating lump of rock and steel a moustache :(

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2014
Definitely want to get rid of chatot, just annoying no point to it, if anything they shouldn't have even put it into the movie.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
Definitely Purugly!
When I caught a glameow, I was sooo exited to see what it evolves in.
Right when it evolved I released it.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I'm kind of sad to see all the Burmy hate. I thought he was really cute and funny in the anime. (I didn't really watch the Diamond & Pearl anime but Burmy was in one of the episodes I did watch) I loved the animes depiction of Burmy always shedding it's leaves and becoming distraught.

Sure I never used him in the actual games but that's true for a lot of bug types not just Burmy.

The more I think about it the more I struggle to come up with a good reason to remove a pokemon, even those that are generally disliked by the community have their fans. (and really some of the more disliked pokemon might just have a vocal minority, with the silent majority liking or at least being tolerant of it) It wouldn't feel right to actually make a decision like that. It seems kind of petty.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
For starters, I'd slim down the number of legendaries, so I'd remove:
-Darkrai
-Cresselia
-Arceus
-Heatran
-Manaphy
-Phione

And for being utterly useless and forgettable, I'd say goodbye to:
-Finneon
-Lumineon
-Carnivine
-Combee
-Vespiquen
-Pachirisu

And for being pointless, no more:
-Togekiss
-Giratina-O
-Shaymin-S
-Munchlax
-Happiny
-Rhyperior
-Rhyperior
-Rhyperior
-Rhyperior
-Rhyperior

Seriously, who would look at Rhydon, a giant, hulking, intimidating, Godzilla-like rhino and say "Yeah, this needs an evolution." I mean, why in hell does Rhydon, an already badass and fully evolved-looking Pokemon, get an evolution, but a Pokemon like Dunsparce or Pinsir not get one?

Back