• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon FireRed: Origins

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2016
jCdgsH8.png
Pokemon FireRed:Origins
ITNiMG3.png

After years of lurking on forums of Pokemon Romhacks I have finally decided to make one of my own that matches the specific needs I wanted. After seeing Pokemon Origins I knew that the hack I wanted was a complete FireRed Version with the addition of Mega Evolution.

Features:
All 150 1st gen pokemon catchable in Kanto.
LeafGreen and FireRed locations for all Pokemon.
All Johto Pokemon catchable in the Sevii Isles.
Evolutions from later gens available: Yanmega, Sylveon, etc.
Fairy Type
Working Mega Evolution
Mega Evolutions for Pokemon from Gens I and II
Rival, Giovanni, Sabrina, and Elite 4 all use Mega Evolution
DNS Day Night System
BW Repel System
Capture Exp Gain
Decapitalisation
Physical/Special Split

Info
Spoiler:

Known Bugs:
-Egg has the wrong Palette in hatching scene.
-When Rival Mega Evolves the name will default to Terry in the text.

Download link:
IPS patch of course. You need your own version of vanilla Pokemon FireRed v1.0 and a patching program to use.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/cxrvb3h6r4v643y/Pokemon_Fire_Red_Origins_8-19-16.ips

Updates
Spoiler:

Tools used:
Spoiler:

Credits
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
interesting will check this out

edit:
the girl walking around in pallet town has turned into a PC :/
talking to the sign in route 1 does nothing?
teachy tv old man should be removed

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2016
interesting will check this out

edit:
the girl walking around in pallet town has turned into a PC :/
talking to the sign in route 1 does nothing?
teachy tv old man should be removed
I fixed the girl in Pallet Town. The guy who made the ROM must have been experimenting with scripts.
Talking to the sign will do nothing, however it runs a script within the game that enables Mega Evolution.
I disagree and want to leave the Teachy TV man in there.

Last edited:
Years
Intesting indeed!! Thanks for making such good sideshow hack! I had a idea of making a simple sideshow hack similar to this and you finally showed up! Now I can play it!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 9, 2016
Sounds neat! I'll have to give this a try later.

By the way, is there a real reason for the need to talk to the Route 1 sign? Just curious.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2016
Sounds neat! I'll have to give this a try later.

By the way, is there a real reason for the need to talk to the Route 1 sign? Just curious.
The reason is that in order for mega evolution to properly function you have to run a script. That script is run when you talk to the sign. Without it mega evolution doesn't work.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
I'd suggest running that script automatically at some point of Oak's speech while getting your starter, just to make it totally unavoidable.

Also, checked out of curiosity if Wild Pikachus were able to hold a Light Ball, they can't and it would also be a nice thing to put.

Aand yeah, Route 1 starters aren't cool at all, but I guess that's up to you.

Nice work btw, it should be a nice way to kill some time while feel like i'm playing FireRed in not the exact same way as vanilla.

EDIT: Also, it would be nice if you implement the 3rd Gen. Mega Evolutions even if we have to trade 3rd Gen. Pkmns from R/S/E to FRO.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2016
I'd suggest running that script automatically at some point of Oak's speech while getting your starter, just to make it totally unavoidable.

Also, checked out of curiosity if Wild Pikachus were able to hold a Light Ball, they can't and it would also be a nice thing to put.

Aand yeah, Route 1 starters aren't cool at all, but I guess that's up to you.

Nice work btw, it should be a nice way to kill some time while feel like i'm playing FireRed in not the exact same way as vanilla.

EDIT: Also, it would be nice if you implement the 3rd Gen. Mega Evolutions even if we have to trade 3rd Gen. Pkmns from R/S/E to FRO.
Frankly I'm not certain if the script would work when added to Oaks speech. I am a bit tentative to add it there. What do you mean about the light ball? Like make it purchasable?

The choice of route 1 starters was that they are relatively rare on that route, but if you want to start the game with all 3 you can. I personally prefer it when they are available that way.

When creating this hack I did not want gen 3 pokemon to really be a part of it (other than delays since it's an event). Adding in those mega evolutions is a lot of extra work and the intent of the game was to have all gen 1 pokes in. The decision to add gen 2 pokes was since they are already woven in via sevii isles.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Frankly I'm not certain if the script would work when added to Oaks speech. I am a bit tentative to add it there. What do you mean about the light ball? Like make it purchasable?

The choice of route 1 starters was that they are relatively rare on that route, but if you want to start the game with all 3 you can. I personally prefer it when they are available that way.

When creating this hack I did not want gen 3 pokemon to really be a part of it (other than delays since it's an event). Adding in those mega evolutions is a lot of extra work and the intent of the game was to have all gen 1 pokes in. The decision to add gen 2 pokes was since they are already woven in via sevii isles.

1) Welp, a matter of trying, but if you can trigger it by interacting with a sign, then I don't think it won't work.
2) About the Light Ball.. yeah, whatever you prefer, add it as a purchasable item or make it so the Wild Pikachus can have it equipped on them, just like in Pokemon Emerald and the later games.
3) Meh, ok, kinda sad but I understand your decision.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2016
1) Welp, a matter of trying, but if you can trigger it by interacting with a sign, then I don't think it won't work.
2) About the Light Ball.. yeah, whatever you prefer, add it as a purchasable item or make it so the Wild Pikachus can have it equipped on them, just like in Pokemon Emerald and the later games.
3) Meh, ok, kinda sad but I understand your decision.

1. Im still worried it might not work. Plus when people come complaining that it doesnt work I can just say read the OP.
2. They already have that in firered...

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
1. Im still worried it might not work. Plus when people come complaining that it doesnt work I can just say read the OP.
2. They already have that in firered...

1) Again, it's not a big deal at all, you can try it by yourself. Like, grabbing the ROM, make a copy, put it on the Oak's Talk and see if it does work or not. It should, but whatever, i'm not forcing you into doing it, it was just a suggestion, don't worry for it too much.

2) Welp, as I said I checked by myself Pikachu's entry and it had both item slots as "???????", check it by yourself, just to be sure, please.
I also checked the Vanilla FireRed ROM on my own just in case: Wild Pikachus CAN'T have it equipped in FireRed by default, no doubts.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2016
1) Again, it's not a big deal at all, you can try it by yourself. Like, grabbing the ROM, make a copy, put it on the Oak's Talk and see if it does work or not. It should, but whatever, i'm not forcing you into doing it, it was just a suggestion, don't worry for it too much.

2) Welp, as I said I checked by myself Pikachu's entry and it had both item slots as "???????", check it by yourself, just to be sure, please.
I also checked the Vanilla FireRed ROM on my own just in case: Wild Pikachus CAN'T have it equipped in FireRed by default, no doubts.
I shall look into adding these to the ROM in the next update. And I just checked Pikachu and you are in fact correct. When the item is added it will be a hold item for Pikachu.

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
How do u evolve trade pokemons? like do they evolve on a certain level or still via trading only?

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2016
How do u evolve trade pokemons? like do they evolve on a certain level or still via trading only?
For some, such as alakazam, they evolve at a certain level. Kadabra evolves into alakazam at lv.44. for ones that requires items their items have been changed into evolutionary stones. For example scyther evolves into Scizor when you use a metal coat on it.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Just found 4 bugs, you may or may not want to fix them, here we go:
-Mega Evolutions doesn't work in Double Battles, even tho I pressed the Start Button before choosing my attack and the sfx worked loud and clear, the Pokemon did its attack normally without mega evolving.

-At the night time, when choosing an attack, there's this weird bug with the screen blinking and it's annoying as hell, and i'm sure it's not healthy either.
I've recorded these two bugs since a video sounds like a better way to show 'em instead of trying to explain them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx0fEoN6tAc

And also there's 2 little more bugs, these are easier to explain and understand so..
-The fossils at Mt. Moon re-appear when you change from map to map, you probably forgot some nice setflag and hidesprites over there, unless you wanted us to get infinite fossils.

-The Metal Coat isn't working on Onix, it seems like it's usable on him but when you try to give it to him it says: "It won't have any effect".

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2016
Just found 4 bugs, you may or may not want to fix them, here we go:
-Mega Evolutions doesn't work in Double Battles, even tho I pressed the Start Button before choosing my attack and the sfx worked loud and clear, the Pokemon did its attack normally without mega evolving.

-At the night time, when choosing an attack, there's this weird bug with the screen blinking and it's annoying as hell, and i'm sure it's not healthy either.
I've recorded these two bugs since a video sounds like a better way to show 'em instead of trying to explain them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx0fEoN6tAc

And also there's 2 little more bugs, these are easier to explain and understand so..
-The fossils at Mt. Moon re-appear when you change from map to map, you probably forgot some nice setflag and hidesprites over there, unless you wanted us to get infinite fossils.

-The Metal Coat isn't working on Onix, it seems like it's usable on him but when you try to give it to him it says: "It won't have any effect".

I have no idea how to fix the first two as they are in double battles and seem tied to the actual c hacks. I'm not sure why the mega evolution didn't work... The day and night one I need to fix because that could be dangerous.

I intended for them to be available once. So returning there makes them reappear? How do I fix that script? I thought I had put hidesprite in...

Last one, do you have the national Dex? Until you get that you will not be able to evolve your pokemon to later gen forms.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
I have no idea how to fix the first two as they are in double battles and seem tied to the actual c hacks. I'm not sure why the mega evolution didn't work... The day and night one I need to fix because that could be dangerous.

I intended for them to be available once. So returning there makes them reappear? How do I fix that script? I thought I had put hidesprite in...

Last one, do you have the national Dex? Until you get that you will not be able to evolve your pokemon to later gen forms.

The fossils fix is easy:
Before the "release", you put a "setflag 0xFreeFlag".
Then you put the flag on A-Map, inside a box called "PersonID".
Just did it myself on my ROM and works perfectly.
For example, in both fossils of my Fire Red Origins ROM I used the "setflag 0x8C3" and "setflag 0x8C4" commands for both fossils, then used the exact same flag for their person ID.

About the last one, yeah, I totally forgot, nevermind then.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 17, 2016
If the battle style is set to Shift, it keeps asking me if I want to switch again after I have already switched Pokémon. I can keep switching until I eventually say no.
I'm not sure if it's an issue with the rombase or not, but Mega Pidgeot does not seem to have an ability.

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
I tired to use a dragonscale on Seadra to evlove it but it says it has no effect...Does it require a certain level to use the dragonscale on it to evolve or it is a bug? And same applies for scyther

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
I tired to use a dragonscale on Seadra to evlove it but it says it has no effect...Does it require a certain level to use the dragonscale on it to evolve or it is a bug? And same applies for scyther

As said 2 or 3 posts ago, you need the National Dex in order to evolve Kanto Pokémons whos evolution lies in the 2nd Generation.
That basically applies to: Scyther, Onix, Seadra, Slowpoke, Poliwhirl and Porygon.

Back