• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

✯Once a Legend, Always a Legend✯ (Legendary Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Name: Iloveeevee
2 partner Pokemon: EV<3 the Cresselia and Dialga
Topic: What's your favorite Legendary Pokemon & why?

Cresselia is my favorite Legend because she was a gift from my best friend and pair, TheGr8. He surprised me by nicknaming the Cress after my nick on TC, EV. It's my absolute favorite mon ever cause he worked so hard to RNG it and then he went and NN it EV<3 after me. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: EB

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Name: Iloveeevee
2 partner Pokemon: EV<3 the Cresselia and Dialga
Topic: What's your favorite Legendary Pokemon & why?

Cresselia is my favorite Legend because she was a gift from my best friend and pair, TheGr8. He surprised me by nicknaming the Cress after my nick on TC, EV. It's my absolute favorite mon ever cause he worked so hard to RNG it and then he went and NN it EV<3 after me. :)
Congrats on the gift! So prior to the gift, did you not like Cresselia at all? D: How can you not like a beautiful Princess-looking Pokemon? :( I mean look @ her!
Spoiler:

Also you picked Dialga. May I asked why you picked such a powerful Dragon? I personally prefer Palkia because he just looks like a guy who can lift 50K lbs of steel :P

The only trainer we've faced with a Legendary Pokemon is N. Should there be more trainers in the game's main storyline with Legendary Pokemon to battle against, such as Elite Fours or Champions?

Not true, some of the Frontier Brains in the Battle Frontier also had Legendary Pokémon, though they weren't part of the main storyline, so I don't know if they count. Either way, yes, I do think more trainers should have legendary Pokémon. It'd be great to increase the difficulty in the game and give us more of a challenge, which is why it's often seen in hacks, and after this thing with N, I'm pretty sure we'll get to see it again. It seems there's being added more and more post-game stuff for every new game, so unless it's a rematch, I don't think it should be the champion that has one. I'd much rather see it for someone who should pose as the final challenge, just like Red in G/S/C and Steven in Emerald, so yeah.
But the Battle Frontier battles isn't in the main storyline though :P Its more of a sidequest thingy or whatever haha. There are quite a few characters that you will face more than twice & so in B/W2, so in my mind, it'd be interesting to battle more trainers. I agree on the Red part, he should had Lugia/Ho-Oh for the selected Moscot (Much like N's Dragons) instead of Snorlax in my opinion. Then again, you also got your rivalry. I really think the rivalry should be more of a challenge rather than a guy you can run through everytime you meet him (Unless he's really is a challenge, I'm talking as a series of rematches with your rival with his final party).

I'm not sure how many of played Pokemon Stadium (the first one), but I remember a time in the Battle Dome the 2nd set of battles, the final trainer had a Mew. Mew literally gave me the most difficult challenge in that game back when I was young. I remember the day, the moment, after I defeated Mew (I had to beat Jolten afterward, thank goodness I had Golem's dig!), I was jumping up & down in excitement. It sure feels like a milestone to beat Mew back then lol

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
I did like Cress some but not as much as I do now. :) As for why I picked Dialga, I've just always liked it's design and it's the reason I chose Diamond over Pearl. Dialga looked way cooler than Palkia imo. :P

The only trainer we've faced with a Legendary Pokemon is N. Should there be more trainers in the game's main storyline with Legendary Pokemon to battle against, such as Elite Fours or Champions?

It would be interesting to have more battles with other trainers using legendary pokemon. The game definitely needs to be a little more challenging and having to fight another trainer using a legend would be more of a challenge. But then you wouldn't be able to capture it. :(

Last edited:

Mentalii

Back
Years

No, I even think it's pretty odd that your protagonist can own legendaries Pokémon (but I don't complain about it). Legendaries should be free, and not be someone's, locked in a Pokéball. Elite Fours and Champion have to show their skills without 00ber Pokémon.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

No, I even think it's pretty odd that your protagonist can own legendaries Pokémon (but I don't complain about it). Legendaries should be free, and not be someone's, locked in a Pokéball. Elite Fours and Champion have to show their skills without 00ber Pokémon.

There is a big difference between uber & Legendary Pokemon though. Do you see Phione going around showing who's boss? Or Raikou? Articuno? They aren't even in the Uber's category!

Anyway, this led me to another topic discussion to bring out

Should Phione be considerate as one of the Legendary Pokemon?

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
In my opinion, I would say no because it was born from a legendary (Whom shouldn't breed, anyway) and Legendarys aren't able to hatch from eggs (I know it is said Arceus was born from a egg, but it wasn't made by any other Pokemon) so Phione is pretty much to me Not Legendary material. Plus it doesn't seem to HAVE a power of a legendary, so it shouldn't really remain a legendary (PLUS it is obtained quite easily). If it were to stay a legendary, maybe they should change it a little so it can't be born from an egg or be Offspring-related to Manaphy, and then It'll be Legendary Material/A better legendary. Also they might need to add a bit more power to it because one of my earlier reasons stated above in this same post; Phione doesn't have the power of a legendary. I'm guessing moveset is already quite good (Since legendarys are good at moveset) and that it would be quite strong anyway. Other than that, it would have many advantages and disadvantages as a Legendary, who, was born by a Manaphy.

Mentalii

Back
Years

No... It's cute but completely useless. Tbh I think it shouldn't have existed at all x) But as it exists, it's normal it's considered as a legendary given that it has such a link with Manaphy.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years

Honestly, no. It's one of the Pokémon I've never really found noticeable at all, and at times I kinda forget all about it. The fact that it's also legendary I see no sense at all in, since it doesn't really possess any of the features that are typical Pokémon, which is mostly actually strength, but you catch my drift. Together with that, I think it's the only legendary Pokémon that actually evolves, which kinda doesn't help it in this case. I don't actually know anything of its backstory either, assuming it actually has one, but as it's one of those Pokémon you aren't able to get outside of events, I really don't see why I should either.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016

Tbh, I have never thought of Phione as a Legendary. I always assumed Phione was like a Pokemon where you can only get it at one place and then afterwards be able to breed it, for example like Spiritomb or Larvesta. xD My opinion is Phione should not be considered Legendary because it can breed and so it isn't rare like a Legendary should be.

Olli

Years

Tbh, I have never thought of Phione as a Legendary. I always assumed Phione was like a Pokemon where you can only get it at one place and then afterwards be able to breed it, for example like Spiritomb or Larvesta. xD My opinion is Phione should not be considered Legendary because it can breed and so it isn't rare like a Legendary should be.
Exactly! Legendaries have certain features that are not usually seen on normal Pokémon, and since that's how they've always been, it's become pretty much what we expect them to be. I mean, legendaries are typically genderless, so they can't breed, typically strong to around where pseudo-legendaries lies, though this kinda alters, typically pretty big in design, and while some of them may lack a few of these things, (like the Kami trio all being male, and having several legendaries that are relatively small in design, with some of them being pretty strong anyways) Phione just kinda lacks them all lol. So just gives it less of a reason to be a legendary.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

Correction: Phione can't breed. Manaphy can. Phione is like an offspring to Manaphy.
Exactly! Legendaries have certain features that are not usually seen on normal Pokémon, and since that's how they've always been, it's become pretty much what we expect them to be. I mean, legendaries are typically genderless, so they can't breed, typically strong to around where pseudo-legendaries lies, though this kinda alters, typically pretty big in design, and while some of them may lack a few of these things, (like the Kami trio all being male, and having several legendaries that are relatively small in design, with some of them being pretty strong anyways) Phione just kinda lacks them all lol. So just gives it less of a reason to be a legendary.
Genderless shouldn't mean anything, since other genderless Pokemon such as Magnezone & Starmie can breed with a Ditto, which is what Manaphy needs, a Ditto, to breed a Phione.

Personally, because it can breed from a Manaphy, which is a Legendary Pokemon, it should be special whether or not its breedable. I mean, I don't see any complaints about Lati@s or Heatran, etc being Legendaries because they have genders. What's the difference, really? Yes, Phione's stats may not be any better than the likes of Glalie's and Flygon's, but Manaphy isn't as common as Lugia's or Zekrom's to catch, which mean without the trades, Phione isn't as common either.

Since Phione is an offspring of Manaphy, should Phione know Heart Swap as well?

Affliction

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
In my opinion, that's a no-no. It was made a legendary Pokemon, yet it doesn't evolve into it's parent's kind (I'm not saying it should). Besides, Heart Swap was only meant for Manaphy and other Pokemon that may learn it, NOT the wannabe legendary. What use is it going to make of it? It'd still be a weak Pokemon and therefore wouldn't be used for battles so it has no point. Plus it would probably be banned in contests or ANYTHING on a side quest (Yes, I'm talking about you, Sinnoh, YOU SUCK). In the end, Phione should not be able to do something THAT silly for it's place.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Okay folks, lets get this thing back on the game. I've been away & came back during this whole PCX, I'm surprised this club hasn't gone anywhere :x

With that being said, let's get back on topic:

What is your favorite background story of an individual Legendary Pokemon & why?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
What is your favorite background story of an individual Legendary Pokemon & why?

After watching The Rise of Darkai for PCX Movie Nights, Darkai's story is the most interesting to me. I've always thought of Darkai as a "bad" Pokemon who gave everyone nightmares. After watching the movie, I got to see a different side to Darkai. Even though he does give nightmares to both people and Pokemon, he isn't "bad", just misunderstood.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

After watching The Rise of Darkai for PCX Movie Nights, Darkai's story is the most interesting to me. I've always thought of Darkai as a "bad" Pokemon who gave everyone nightmares. After watching the movie, I got to see a different side to Darkai. Even though he does give nightmares to both people and Pokemon, he isn't "bad", just misunderstood.
You're right. But it still didn't trust beside outside of Alicia/Alice, whichever names were to whom, can't remember the order x) Not all Darkrai's would be the same as that one though.

Quite frankly, I'm a little disappointed that they never had a movie for/about Cresselia or have a Darkrai vs Cresselia one. I mean so far, they had a movie involving all the bigger, rarer & stronger Legendary Pokemon so far. I mean yes, Cresselia was in the introduction in a couple, but that's not enough x) Heatran too?

Of course, the Lake Guardians haven't been in any either, I haven't seen the Arceus movie yet), & neither has Ho-Oh. I'm actually quite curious on what the "Final" movie series of Pokemon will be to be honest. I wonder if all of these Legendary Pokemon will come together as one to fend off the biggest threat the world has yet to face? I'd like to see that, then again they could mess up the story on that part x)

Olli

Years
Well you gotta take to note the insane amount of legendaries introduced in the fourth generation, and when you think about it, they're kinda encountering the same problem with the Black and White legendaries. I don't think a new generation will come out before 2014, however two years have gone by, and they've only covered 3 legendaries so far, although B/W did consist of a lot of legendaries with relation to each other, so basing movies on them isn't gonna be as hard.

I'm just going all the way back to the first generation and saying Mewtwo here, mainly because its backstory was still awesome. I mean, it's a cloned Pokemon, created into a world where its only purpose was to be used for power, however it developed its own personality and decided that it wasn't the life it wanted to live. It broke free, found its own way, and was seen as the strongest Pokemon up till fourth generation where it was surpassed by Arceus. Most of this is on the movies, but I feel like the first movie is one of the few things to the anime that I can actually rely on staying relatively true to the original story, and it's part of how I see Mewtwo.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
So I was scrolling through the Groups page, and I saw this. Looks interesting.

Name
Laugh, but Hannah can also be used.
2 Partner Pokemon Reshiram and Zekrom. No nicknames, please.
What is your favorite legendary Pokémon and why? Reshiram. He's white, and my favorite color is white. That's the main idea. But then he's strong. He's powerful. He's awesome. That's a plus point. ♥

Affliction

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Greetings, Club. Long time no see...

On the current Topic: I'll go with Mewtwo's Background Story because it is just all around EPIC. Mewtwo and Mew duel it out, I mean, come on, how can that not be awesome? In fact, about all of it is really Mewtwo's Story-line! The cloning of the other Pokemon in Clone Balls. How it was created. Not to mention that Mewtwo's Story is read/seen in anyway possible, even in it's Comic Book issue (Which is VERY short for a movie story in my opinion). It is my favourite legendary, and it'll always be the strongest legendary in my opinion, even if they make a stronger Pokemon. But I'm not saying that it's the strongest Pokemon ever. Anyway, here is Mewtwo's history (In a nutshell) with information from Bulbapedia.

Bulbapedia said:
According to the scientific logs found in the Pokémon Mansion of Cinnabar Island, Mewtwo was born of a pregnant Mew, found deep in the jungles of Guyana, whose embryo had been tampered with to alter its DNA. It was held and studied in the mansion where the scientists, including Blaine and Dr. Fuji, performed horrific gene-splicing experiments that made it vicious and extremely powerful. It eventually broke free of the Mansion (destroying it in the process) and fled. It can be encountered in Cerulean Cave, which is unable to be accessed until after a Trainer has proven his or her skill at Indigo Plateau.

This mentions some things that probably has not been mentioned in Mewtwo Strikes Back or Mewtwo Returns. In fact, apparently, this Extra Information came straight from Pokemon Games, which appeared in the Mansion of Cinnabar City, which can be accessed in Pokemon Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Fire Red and Leaf Green Versions. Cinnabar does appear in Pokemon Gold, Silver, Crystal, Heart Gold and Soul Silver but the Mansion had been swept along with Mewtwo's history, leaving the information inaccessible. But you would still know most of the information anyway, wouldn't you?

By the way, the information states that Mewtwo is encountered in Cerulean Cave (Not in Pokemon Silver/Gold/Crystal), in which the evidence suggests about Mewtwo leaving New Island in Mewtwo Strikes Back, and therefore could have left for Cerulean Cave.

Mewtwo was actually, in the evidence, said to have been born of a Mew, which was ridiculously PREGNANT (Which is UNBELIEVABLE, as Legendaries should never breed, even if a legendary does). THEN all the experimenting happened, with all the Scientists plus Blaine and Dr. Fuji and so on. Other than all those things, I don't think there is much more to say about Mewtwo's Origin, why I like Mewtwo, or about Mewtwo Strikes Back. We probably already said it all out considering there isn't a lot to point out anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back