• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★Simple Vanilla★ - Normal Type Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Welcome to the club! I love how you explained the ups and downs of using normal types as well as their erratic tendancy to not follow a specific pattern of abillities or usefulness.

Your partners are admirable too. Pidgey being your favorite and first pokemon caught is awesome, and of course you have the all conquering Ursaring :cool:. However to my misfortune, ulike my other partners I never been able to use Ursaring in-game due to me owning HG and how Ursaring's location was changed to SS. However I'm in the process of training one now. =)
Aw, that sucks :( I haven't used a Ursaring since my Gold and Silver days though, and I lost my Silver several years ago, and have yet to get either Heartgold or Soulsilver, although the Pokemon is definitely great to use :) Glad to hear you're in possession of one now :D I do find the change kinda odd though :p So any specific reason why you like Ursaring so much?

*NOTICE*:

As you all can see, the CSS from the club has disapeared(cuz the editer hates me ;-; ) due to some frustration with the coding. So for the time being Simple Vanilla is going to be a bit...well, simple until I remake the CSS, possibly with some help.

Also, i've decided to make a mascott pokemon for the club instead of a featured pokemon. Just to be certain on your votes(some voted, some didnt, and some who did were still conflicted between choosing a mascott or featured pokemon) i'd like you to please re-post them. As such, my vote will go torwards Ursaring.
Well at least now the OP matches the theme B) Hope you'll get it fixed soon, I really liked that CSS :>

Hmm, what makes you guys like Eevee so much? It's always seen as such a popular Pokémon but I can't say I really understand it haha. I guess the multiple evolutions thing is pretty cool, but why is it so popular? Even more so than half the other adorable Normal types?
Being unique can lead to being awesome though :o But I can kinda agree with you, I don't see what the hype with Eevee is all about. I mean, it's really cute, however there are lots of Pokemon that I find to be equally cute.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Hey guys. I'm on mobile atm and kinda pressed for time so I can't really reply to everyone.

However I just wanna welcome all incoming members and you all will be added soon.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I was bored so...

What's your favourite Normal Pokemon?

Mine's Snorlax obviously, not just because of its battling prowess, but its actually my first Level 100 ever, I got him in Red, got him to level 100 about 10 years ago. One of my achievements really, but sadly and unfortunately, the save battery died and my favourite Snorlax is gone.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
My favourite Normal Type would have to be Bidoof surprisingly, as it was one of my strongest Pokemon on my Diamond (Sure, it became ugly and gained more weaknesses when it evolved, but who cares).

I was expecting Eevee, but that answer really shocked me. I love Bidoof as well, but its evolution, was none other than my... HM SLAVE!!! Don't take any offence there, I find Bidoof really cute, really.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
My favorite Normal-type Pokemon? There are so many... but if I had to choose one, it got to be Braviary, because I love how it looks, and it looks strong too!

CourageHound

Years
Hey everyone! I'm back and ready to quote everyone!! :cer_boogie:

Name: Khalil (Khawill)
Pokemon: Maka the Stoutland, Linoone, Swellow, Delicatty, and Slaking (The last three I beat the elite four with in sapphire.)
Reason: Normals are extremely versatile and have one of the most powerful moves in the game, Return. A move that gets better the longer you play with them. Additionally they can learn a move from each type!
I always capture the first few Pokemon and use them as my main team. Since I'm a heavy grinder it doesn't matter who I play much and I enjoy the versility of normal types.
Favorite move: Return and Frustration (Frustration is always put on traded Pokemon.)

Welcome to the club! I do agree its awesome normal types have the dynamic abillity to use basicallt all the other elemental types.
However as it states in the club rules you are limited to only tree partner pokemon. I put Stoutland, Linoone, and Swellow next to your name on the member list. If you desire a change, tell me and I'll get on it ASAP.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Name them! I can think of 3 and two are terrifying, so I'm really curious to see which Pokémon you're digging on! If I agree I'll give you a cookie. BUT ONLY IF. I just don't really see Normal types as being that tough or scary I guess, it'd be interesting to see which ones you see this way.

Basically alll the tough looking ones, bulky ones, or power houses. Such as :t217:, Stoutland, Granbull, Boufalant, Exoloud, Slaking, Tauros, and Braviary.

I love Miltank cos of how funny I found the memes that spawned from Whitney's Miltank.
o3o what memes would that be?

Hurray! I would like to name my Watchog Lux, as it means 'light' in Latin.

Done! :>

I'll vote for Eevee as featured Pokemon in this club as well!
So much eevee

These are the bits I don't understand - why do either of these things make it such an amazing Pokémon? These traits certainly make it unique, but does that make it better than other Pokémon? It's definitely an interesting Pokémon but I really don't get why it's universally adored so much more than other Pokémon. I seem to be alone in this thinking though haha.
I've kinda wondered why the eevee super fanbase is so ginormous too at times.

My favourite Normal Type would have to be Bidoof surprisingly, as it was one of my strongest Pokemon on my Diamond (Sure, it became ugly and gained more weaknesses when it evolved, but who cares).
:shocked:...I actually find Biberal to be really cute. Like a big teddy-beaver. I really started liking Biberal when I saw it in a pokemon adventures manga I was reading.

Answering Topic:
Well to answer the topic and Olli's question at the same time; I love Ursaring so much cuz hes so unbearably awesome! Ok more seriously, bears are my favorite animal. And Ursaring has it all; Hes tall, a powerhouse, decent bulk, and two great abillities. Paul's Ursaring in the anime shows just how strong Ursaring could be.
Fun Fact: Nothing short of heavily defensive rock, steel types, or a ghost type can avoid being 1 or 2HKO's by Swords Dance, Guts boosted facade from Ursaring. However ursaring has Close Combat and Crunch to deal with the afformentioned types.

If Teddiursa was a starter in a spin-off i'd be overjoyed.
Spoiler:

In Conclusion!! :
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I get too scared using Ursaring in battle, the whole 'Inflict with status = power!' thing scares me since I'm always certain it'll die ;; Plus I never understood the whole Burn/Guts thing - does Burn's reduced attack still come in to cancel out Guts' boost and make the whole thing neutral or does Burn's reduction go completely? That is one cool thing about Normal types though, it's one of the only types to get some of the more interesting moves like Facade. I can't think of many other types with moves that niche.

CourageHound

Years
@AlexOzzyCake. Well yea your right. Ursaring on a timer since it needs status. But anwering your question, burn negates the attack drop and boosts attack. However I prefer quick feet and toxic orb, which give Ursaring much needed speed.

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Name: Umbr30n
Partner Pokémon: Porygon-Z, Arceus and Togekiss.
Reason For Joining: I've always been interested in Normal Types, and I am usually curious about what Normal Types would come next. Normal Types have quite a number of good Pokémon who have great move-pools.
Favourite Move: Giga Impact
Current Topic: What's your favourite Normal Pokemon? For me it's Porygon-Z. I don't know why, I just like it much more compared to others. It has an interesting Pokédex entry, and from its history, a Porygon2 that had gone too far in development. Also, Adaptability is VERY useful to hit hard with moves like Hyper Beam.

CourageHound

Years
Wlcome to the club Umbr30n!

Well as far as porygon z goes, although hyper beam hits like a nuke, I perfer tri-atack. Well, is there anything particularly special you like about togekiss or arceus that made you pick em?

Years
What's your favourite Normal Pokemon?

It would probably have to be Cinccino, it's cute but it's pretty strong in battle with the combination of multi-strike moves and some handy abilities in the form of Skill Link and Technician. Skill Link makes all of its multi-strike moves always hit 5 times, which can be deadly in the correct situation. Technician is not shabby either thanks to giving its 60 base power or less attacks a 30% boost in power, effectively making Tail Slap hit really hard. It's also a pretty big threat in competitive battling when trained effectively.

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Wlcome to the club Umbr30n!

Well as far as porygon z goes, although hyper beam hits like a nuke, I perfer tri-atack. Well, is there anything particularly special you like about togekiss or arceus that made you pick em?

Oh yeah, I prefer Hyper Beam 'cause you can make it OP with only a few Nasty Plots (You can of course make Tri Attack more powerful but Hyper Beam is the powerhouse here). And Zap Cannon is very useful too.

As for Togekiss, it is a decent Pokémon. It has a low Move-Set, but the moves that it learns are all awesome. They're pretty much all you need already for going on a Pokémon League challenge alone. I, when I train, usually avoid teaching it Physical Moves (Except for ExtremeSpeed), mainly because it's not very good at them. ALSO, being a Tank is a huge plus to this. Being able to take hits from Pokémon such as Garchomp (Strong and fast, and comes from the same generation) is quite rare. To do this, the defender can't just be any tank. It should be a good tank. Other than that, if your Togekiss has Super Luck then it's a whole lot better.

About Arceus, (I have no reason for this) I seriously don't know. Although most Normal-Types were cool, I just didn't think of anything else to pick.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Favourite Normal type? Uhh... Is it bad that I joined this club with no idea which my favourite is? ;; I love Togekiss for the reasons that I posted in the SU, but I'm not sure I'd call it my favourite... Perhaps Teddiursa? That's incredibly cute and was my first ever shiny, so it'd rank pretty highly... Or I am a huge fan of Buneary too, I've loved that Pokémon ever since seeing Dawn's, it's such a cutie and has a really cool personality! But favourite? Hmm... This is why I've put off answering the topic ahhh, I have no idea I'm sorry! I think I'll have to go with both Buneary and Togekiss because they both mean a lot to me and they're both (moreso buneary) cute as heck! I think Togekiss is a lot more useful, but both Buneary and Lopunny have some 'unique' strategies to use with their quite strange move set/ability combinations (okay basically they can just hurl flame/toxic orbs at things without getting effected themselves and then act as a cute meat shield to get a free switch in - not the best thing ever but kind of cool!), so I guess it's a tie. :D

CourageHound

Years
@AlexOzzyCake I know what ya mean. My entire list of favorite pokemon often times fluctuate randomly depending on how i'm feeling. Sometimes I just cant decide! Like how if it wernt for Ursaring being so awesome, my favorite normal type would switch every time I think about it.

But in reference to Togekiss, I absolutely love using it in battle. It rivals Jirachi in hax levels. Thunder wave + air slash + serene grace(double flinch chance) = flinch, flinch, flinch opponent KO

Chaos Fork

Anything Goes
Years
I'll join coz it looks cool and (Irish alert) is maith liom an normal type(I like normal type)
Name: Chaos Fork
Partners: Kratos the Zangoose, Mohawk the Staraptor, Sentret the Sentret
Why I joined: Although they're not my favorite, their move pools are massive. Their designs are better than some DRAGON types. They're sadly underrated, with one exception (*coughs* arceus *coughs*)
Favorite normal type: Dunno...maybe togekiss. I used to have her on my main team. Air slash+serene grace+kings rock=OP

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Name: Ultimate PKMN Trainer Red
Partner Pokemon: Evy the Eevee ,Lax the Snorlax and Bear the Ursaring.
Reason for Joining: I love normal types, really. They only have 1 weaknesses, and they're very useful, my Togepi on Heart Gold was the only one who could learn fly, and it was thanks to my Ursaring that I could defeat Clair, Misty and Blaine. Eevee was my most used PKMN and I love Snorlax because it has great stats except for its speed.
Favorite Normal Type Move: Hyper beam.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
My favourites are Pidgey and Ursaring, hence why they're my partners :/ Already explained why they're my favourites, so I guess I can just go with one of my other favourites.

Back in the day when I used to really obsess over Pokemon, back when FR/LG were still relatively new, I decided to go through a second playthrough of my Leaf Green. I had nothing planned out when it came to which Pokemon to use and such, so I just went along with what I found and wanted to use. I chose my Bulbasaur and went on my journey, (and oddly enough I didn't catch a Pidgey). I relied on my Bulbasaur all the way up to Mt. Moon, where it finally changed. I don't know why I wanted to catch it, since it was a Pokemon that never appealed to me, but for the first time I could remember, I encountered a Clefairy in there. I decided to catch it and try it out, and I wasn't really surprised. I realised I had a Moon Stone though, and evolved it into Clefable soon after (mind you, despite being a huge fan, I wasn't very good when it came to actually organizing teams and such), and it turned out amazing. I got to know it really well, as I went through nearly the whole game, through all the gyms and a few of the E4 members, with only my 'saur and Clefable. Even though I haven't used one since, I really loved it through that playthrough, with all the times it saved me, which is why it will remain at the top of my list.

CourageHound

Years
Sorry about the inactivity folks.

Anyway I wanna welcome CHoas Fork and Ultimate PKMN Trainer Red to the Club! :)

I'm glad everyone is realsing the awesome-osity of normal types!

And i'm not surprised that an increasing trend of favorites are sprouting from in game experiences, which is awesome! Sometimes theres so many cool normal types in one region that I have a delima making my team (ex. HG = Tauros and Lickilicky)

Lastly, I wanna remind all that has not voted on a featured pokemon for the club do do so, cuz I will start counting the votes in a couple days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back