• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi! I'm Kelsey :)

Years
Hi! I'm Kelsey! I am new to this forum, as you can probably tell :)

I took on an interest in Pokemon this past summer, when my friend introduced it to me. I collect the cards, play the games, and watch the TV series. My favorite type of Pokemon are grass types. So, yeah. I don't know what else to say so, that's it :)

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Hi, Kelsey!

Welcome to the forums! That's cool that you're a recent fan of the series! Have you played through all the games, or did you start with the most recent games? That's cool that you're pretty much a well-rounded fan when it comes to collecting the cards, watching the anime, and playing the games. xD Grass types are great! What is your favorite Pokémon of all?

Hope to see you around!

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Hi there Kelsey, and Welcome! I'm Joe.
I am glad to see you got an interest into pokemon. I got into pokemon when i was 6... give or take a year. haha.. i used to collect the cards, but that was years ago. as for the anime, i stopped a few episodes into the 3rd generation of it.
Grass is a reliable type in my mind, and im glad its amoungst your favorite types. :)

Anyway, if you need anything, you can contact me anytime. Even a friend request if you'd like. hope to see you around!

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
Hey Kelsey !
Nice to meet you !
Grass Pokemon are pretty awesome !
Treecko and Bulbasaur are quite cool grass starters !
If you like the trading card game you should check out the Pokemon TCG section here
A lot of the members in this forum are friendly and happy to help newer members become familiar with the forum. Enjoy your stay and if you need any help, just let us know !

Years
Hi, Kelsey!

Welcome to the forums! That's cool that you're a recent fan of the series! Have you played through all the games, or did you start with the most recent games? That's cool that you're pretty much a well-rounded fan when it comes to collecting the cards, watching the anime, and playing the games. xD Grass types are great! What is your favorite Pokémon of all?

Hope to see you around!
I have played, but not quite beat Mystery Dungeons Explorers of Darkness (I'm stuck on the boss battle against Dialga) and I am working on beating Black 2. I am so excited for October, so I can get the new game! Especially since I just got a 3DS so I can play the newer games.

If I had to pick a top favorite Pokemon though, I would choose Psyduck because my favorite animals are ducks ^.^

Hi there Kelsey, and Welcome! I'm Joe.
I am glad to see you got an interest into pokemon. I got into pokemon when i was 6... give or take a year. haha.. i used to collect the cards, but that was years ago. as for the anime, i stopped a few episodes into the 3rd generation of it.
Grass is a reliable type in my mind, and im glad its amoungst your favorite types. :)

Anyway, if you need anything, you can contact me anytime. Even a friend request if you'd like. hope to see you around!
Thank you so much Joe! I will definitely keep that in mind if I come across a question :)

Hey Kelsey !
Nice to meet you !
Grass Pokemon are pretty awesome !
Treecko and Bulbasaur are quite cool grass starters !
If you like the trading card game you should check out the Pokemon TCG section here
A lot of the members in this forum are friendly and happy to help newer members become familiar with the forum. Enjoy your stay and if you need any help, just let us know !
I love Bulbasaur! Thank you for the link to the trading card section! I will definitely check it out!

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
I have played, but not quite beat Mystery Dungeons Explorers of Darkness (I'm stuck on the boss battle against Dialga) and I am working on beating Black 2. I am so excited for October, so I can get the new game! Especially since I just got a 3DS so I can play the newer games.

If I had to pick a top favorite Pokemon though, I would choose Psyduck because my favorite animals are ducks ^.^

Oh, nice! I've never really been a fan of the spin-off games, but I have played a few in the past. I'm glad you're on Black 2! & yes! X & Y are coming out this October! That's awesome you have your 3DS ready. From what we have seen so far, they look like they're gonna be great. Can't wait to try those out.

Ducks are awesome. xD Psyduck is definitely one of those cuter underrated Pokémon!

Years
Hi Kelsey, and welcome to the PokeCommunity.

Not very often we see TCG fans here, but we still have a fair share of fans here. As one of the others said, the Pokemon Trading Card Game section might be a good one for you to check out. And I see you're into Grass-type Pokemon, what do you love about these Pokemon so much? They do have their uses even though I like Water-types better.

And I see you're having fun playing Black 2, so why not head over to the Black 2 and White 2 section as well where you'll find discussions relating to the games. There's also a Quick Questions and Travel Journal thread for your convenience. I beat the main story of Black 2 a few days back and now I already caught Kyurem and Zekrom and tested out my Black Kyurem, who might become a potential member for my team. Been loving the game so far.

Have a fun time here and feel free to VM me anytime!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

BanditThePikachu

The Raichu of awesome
Years
Welcome to Pokecommunity, Kelsey! Very nice to meet you!

It's nice to know that we have a recent Pokemon fan on here. :)
And it's good to see someone with a variety of interests.

If you need help, don't hesitate to ask someone else or a moderator, any of us will be glad to help!

- Bandit

Years
Oh, nice! I've never really been a fan of the spin-off games, but I have played a few in the past. I'm glad you're on Black 2! & yes! X & Y are coming out this October! That's awesome you have your 3DS ready. From what we have seen so far, they look like they're gonna be great. Can't wait to try those out.

Ducks are awesome. xD Psyduck is definitely one of those cuter underrated Pokémon!
Yeah, I definitely think the spin off games aren't as good. I'm just glad I got my 3DS just in time :)

Hi Kelsey, and welcome to the PokeCommunity.

Not very often we see TCG fans here, but we still have a fair share of fans here. As one of the others said, the Pokemon Trading Card Game section might be a good one for you to check out. And I see you're into Grass-type Pokemon, what do you love about these Pokemon so much? They do have their uses even though I like Water-types better.

And I see you're having fun playing Black 2, so why not head over to the Black 2 and White 2 section as well where you'll find discussions relating to the games. There's also a Quick Questions and Travel Journal thread for your convenience. I beat the main story of Black 2 a few days back and now I already caught Kyurem and Zekrom and tested out my Black Kyurem, who might become a potential member for my team. Been loving the game so far.

Have a fun time here and feel free to VM me anytime!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]
Really? I'm kind of surprised. But then again, in the long run, the cards can get more expensive then the games :) I guess I like Grass types because I think they are the cutest! Water types are cool too though!

I will definitely check it out! I'm probably going to need help when it comes to the gym leaders! Some of them are pretty hard until you get the right strategy.

Welcome to Pokecommunity, Kelsey! Very nice to meet you!

It's nice to know that we have a recent Pokemon fan on here. :)
And it's good to see someone with a variety of interests.

If you need help, don't hesitate to ask someone else or a moderator, any of us will be glad to help!

- Bandit
Thank you so much Bandit! I will definitely keep that in mind :)

Hi, Kelsey, and welcome to PC. Nice to see you!
Thank you so much!

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
Welcome Kelsey! I'm fairly new to these forums as well, but thus far everyone is very friendly, and I hope you enjoy it here!

&&Grass types are epic. =) For my starters, it's always a toss up between choosing the grass type or the fire type. x)

Years
A big welcome to the forum, Kelsey! Great to meet you~!

Since you've only gotten into the franchise this summer, that means you still have a whole lot to learn (unless you went on a researching spree in that time, hehe) so being here is a great choice. We have a lot of help threads for each generation and a very helpful community to boot, so hopefully your experience here turns out to be pleasant and you learn plenty of things! As others have already said, you're a pretty well-rounded fan, making you instantly awesome. I watch the anime, play the games, and even have all of my cards back from my collecting days as a kid. Now I mostly keep them around for the beautiful art, though I wouldn't mind getting involved in the card game sometime. <3;

If you like grass types, I'm sure you'll fit right into the grass type fanclub we have here. It's perfect for fans like you, though you can also explore around other clubs and sections if you'd like to find something different! PC caters to all kinds of people, new and old fans alike, so finding something that catches your eye won't be very hard. Remember not to be shy - opening up is the best decision, you'll make more friends that way!

Loved replying to your intro, it was short but very precise and easy to follow. See you around and again, it was wonderful meeting you. :D

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I'm drawn to the fact that you've done quite a lot having just gotten into Pokemon, and it hasn't been a year yet. What a rush. I wonder if once you were first introduced, you were so excited about it that you had to have more, and lots of it?

It seems like something most of us can relate to. Pokemon sort of does that to you the first time around. As far as grass types go, I think my favorite is Bulbasaur. I say I think, because I'm never really sure about any of my favorites save for three of them. As for the side games, well, I always thought they were better, but I'm in the minority in that I never really liked the trainer games (aside from the very first time I played them, which was Pokemon Blue, and that was more because it was new to me than because R/B were the "best ever" as some old nostalgics would want you to believe).

If you like all aspects of Pokemon, I think you'll get more mileage out of the site, but don't be afraid to browse around. You gotta make it yours, y'know.

Back