• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How do I EV train with all those trainers all around?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 3, 2014
I mean, I want to EV train my pokemons, but I keep running into trainers that ruin it. They're forcing me to fight pokemon the yields EVs that I don't want, and I understood that even if I switch him out, the pokemon will still get EVs. What should I (as a new player that didn't fought all the trainers) do?
Thanks ahead!

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
Years
From what I know most people only EV train after they beat the main game. 3:
At least that's what I do - mostly because of the same trouble you are having right now.
Are you playing R/S/E or FR/LG? Because in R/S/E they have berries that can remove EV points again - meaning you could remove the EV's you recieved during the story time.

I believe those berries also exist in FR/LG but they are harder to come by.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 3, 2014
From what I know most people only EV train after they beat the main game. 3:
At least that's what I do - mostly because of the same trouble you are having right now.
Are you playing R/S/E or FR/LG? Because in R/S/E they have berries that can remove EV points again - meaning you could remove the EV's you recieved during the story time.

I believe those berries also exist in FR/LG but they are harder to come by.

I'm playing Emerald, and I didn't know about those berries.. They pretty much fix it all. I'll try to find them on google.

Years
If you're EV training any stat, in Emerald there is at least one place you can do it without encountering trainers.

Attack: Poochyena at the top of route 103
Defense: Geodude, Graveller and Torkoal in the Magma Hideout
Special Attack: Spinda and Slugma on route 113
Special Defense: Lotad, Lombre, Swablu on route 114
Speed: Wingull, Electrike, Manectric, Zigzagoon and Linoone on Route 118 (across the river)

There are trainers in some of these areas but if you battle them beforehand with another Pokemon, it shouldnt be a problem :) hope this helps

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Dec 7, 2013
I EV train certain Pokemon while I'm advancing through the game. However I have a team set aside that I'll use to wipe out the trainers in the area where I want to train first. Then after I have defeated all of the trainers in that area, I go grab the Pokemon I want to EV train and have at it without the worry of trainers interfering.

Jet Pilot

I killed Spiderman.
Years
No one really EV trains until after they're completed the game, there are berries for that though.. Breed what you want to EV train and EV train it mid-game, then just grind it on wilds when you have maxed out both stats you're training. I just do that because I don't care about how long I spend on a save file. Plus I like to gain incredibly high amounts of points to a stat every now and then. You don't really have to EV train to beat E4 though.. only point of it really is in competitive, battle frontier etc..

Back