• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2008
@gamingmaster: Zel has a job now, so he doesn't have a lot of time to work on the hack (only during weekends now IIRC). Beta 6 will be where the original Gold ended, which is the battle against RED in Mt Silver. Beta 7 will have a few mini islands and the rest of the legendaries. Then maybe a Beta 8 for certain fixes.

@Dougo007: You don't play Ash(RED) in this game. You play Gold, a totally different person. Although you do meet RED in Mt Silver and his mother in Pallet Town.
Pikachu is just one of the few hidden bonus pokemon in this game.

I called myself ASH in the game because that is what I am used to, but yes I guess the base name for the main character is Gold, sorry for the confusion. As far as the second part, I believe that it could be more than a "bonus" but this is only an idea I'm throwing out (since its still beta, it can still change until final release which will not be for a while)

This is a bit of a push but if my scenario proposal gets approved can we make pikachu walk behind "ASH"/"GOLD" when pikachu is in the party or is this (which is what I'm guessing) far too difficult (unless you can implement the "scripts/codes" from the man who keeps taking you to Brock's gym in Fire Red). This is one element that made Pokemon Yellow (the 1st game I ever owned!) so popular.

It's been a very long time since the release of the last beta.

So, is Zel even working on Beta 6, or better, the final version?

For once I completely agree with DIRK123, I checked Zel's profile and judging by his name and age he is in college (or has a job) the idea is the same. We all have very busy schedules. I checked your profile. You are only 14 years old, only old enough to be in HS if I'm not mistaken. you have so much more time being in HS than we do in College, give Zel a break ok. Just be glad that Zel is determined to finish the game. (Now I'm exaggerating) It could be anywhere from two weeks to two years.

To Dirk123: Is anyone else actually "working" on the project or is Zel the sole contributor/game designer Zel.

hi everyone! im new to this stuff, i download both files but how do yu play this! what do yu use, i mean what emulator?

hi everyone! im new to this stuff, i download both files but how do yu play this! what do yu use, i mean what emulator?

1. Use VBA emulator
2. Get Pokemon Fire Red rom
3. Get ips file
4. download ipswin
5. patch the rom file
6. load rom file with emulator

Last edited by a moderator:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
For once I completely agree with DIRK123, I checked Zel's profile and judging by his name and age he is in college (or has a job) the idea is the same. We all have very busy schedules. I don't know your age so I don't know how familiar with the term "busy schedule". Just be glad that Zel is determined to finish the game.

To Dirk123: Is anyone else actually "working" on the project or is Zel the sole contributor/game designer Zel.

I think DARKSHADE is helping spriting. Thats all I know, cos he's my friend.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I have a question for Zel.
If he built Johto on the Sevii Islands then why is the paletting for the places in Kanto wierd in Beta 5 when I look at it in Advance Map 1.9?

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2012
great job on the hack zel, i watched a lot of videos on youtube about this and i finally have the chance to play it now =)

my question to you (or anyone that could help me) is - where is the earliest place you can get a water stone in this game?

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
@Badshaw786:
Zel is doing the scripting&mapping IIRC, with 2 users making gold remixes for the game.

@Dougo007: Zel will eventually read the new posts from time to time. So he will eventually see your idea.
If you have an idea, contact Zel yourself or wait till he has read your post.

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2010
Can I get some info on what to do with the GS BAll? I went back to Kurt and he keeps saying hes busy after i talked to proffessor Elm about it.

muh316

pokemon trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • NY
  • Seen Dec 8, 2012
i wanted to ask is there a way to get my save file back from where i overwrited it i mean that me and my brother share our save files i get slot 1 to 5 and he gets slot 6 to 10 and i saved my game in slot 6 7 8 9 and 10 so i need to noe how do i get it back please i need a quick answer or its off with my head:15:: XD
oh yeah and DOUBLE POST

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2010
I'm also trying to get to the powerplant. I've delt with team rocket at the safari zone, and celadon city. Where do you get the poke flute?

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2010
You get it from the Lavander Radio Tower. 1st get the sliph scope and 2nd fix the powerplant. Then go to the station to get the flute.

note to Zel/Dirk123 Don't call the Pokeflute the expan card (it's a dumb idea) sry

Okay, I forgot about something. I just got the prototype and have no idea what to do with it. Is there a site with the full walkthrough on what to do? I don't want to keep bugging everyone. I don't even know how to get into the Radio Tower or get the sliph cope

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2010
I foudn a walkthrough and finally beat Misty. I got the pokedoll for the copycat firl and that's the end of the beta. At least that's what it says.

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
You get it from the Lavander Radio Tower. 1st get the sliph scope and 2nd fix the powerplant. Then go to the station to get the flute.

note to Zel/Dirk123 Don't call the Pokeflute the expan card (it's a dumb idea) sry

Why mention it to me. I'm not helping Zel with the hack.
I only wrote the Beta 4 Walktrough (Beta 5 walktrough will be made during my Autumn School Break)

Also, stop double posting Dougo007. You double posted several times in this topic, which is against the rules.

YuuNoKami Saka

Super Sentai, Mairu!
Years
I know this is a tech question and I apologize to Zel in advance....

(I don't know how to quote more than one person at a time.

You see the little button on the right side of the "QUOTE" button? Click that in all of the posts you want to respond to and then click the "Post Reply" button. All the posts that you want to quote will be in that new post. All you have to do is type what you want to say.

muh316

pokemon trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • NY
  • Seen Dec 8, 2012
The rules explicitly state to not double post! If I understand this correctly you get 1-5 and he heas 6-10 and YOU saved in 6-10 by mistake. Yea I see your head in the basket now (you can't get it back unless you made a backup copy before you made your "deadly" mistake). :( Question: WHY DO YOU NEED FIVE STATE SAVES?

In the future I believe it would be best to make two copies of the game in two different folders so you can both have an "in game" save file. Just remember to have to correct folder. name the 1st folder your name and the 2nd folder your brother's name.

Off with my head he did and he called me a messed up kid (im 13 to be on the safe side so people dont think im 7) so im living a life of guilt and now he wont buy me a PSP service tool battery hes 18 and i use five states because look
state 1 :safest state only save in when important accomplishment done
state 2 :backup of state 1
state 3 :usual stuff like saving before a battle
state 4 :saved so opponent doesn't kill me in one attack
state 5 :used so my attacks are critical
Get It
thanks ill do that now

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2017
From Badshaw786:

For once I completely agree with DIRK123, I checked Zel's profile and judging by his name and age he is in college (or has a job) the idea is the same. We all have very busy schedules. I checked your profile. You are only 14 years old, only old enough to be in HS if I'm not mistaken. you have so much more time being in HS than we do in College, give Zel a break ok. Just be glad that Zel is determined to finish the game. (Now I'm exaggerating) It could be anywhere from two weeks to two years.

Gimme a break. You are even newer than me in this forum and to hacking in itself. I know Zel is a Busy guy, and I never complained about him not working. I just wanted to know if he IS working or did he give up. I'm not complaining, Sheesh...

And where did you get all that psychic ability to guess that Zel is in college or has a job from his NAME? None of the name here are real names, you know. Yes, it is true that Zel has also got a job, but how the hell do you know it from his NAME? And yeah, I being a college student, cannot be a 14 year old. Who told you I'm 14, your "psychic ability"?

El Moss

General Cool Guy
Years
Gimme a break. You are even newer than me in this forum and to hacking in itself. I know Zel is a Busy guy, and I never complained about him not working. I just wanted to know if he IS working or did he give up. I'm not complaining, Sheesh...

And where did you get all that psychic ability to guess that Zel is in college or has a job from his NAME? None of the name here are real names, you know. Yes, it is true that Zel has also got a job, but how the hell do you know it from his NAME? And yeah, I being a college student, cannot be a 14 year old. Who told you I'm 14, your "psychic ability"?

Zel will NEVER give up... EVER!!! Especially now that he's so far, and yeah, Zel has got a job.

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
shiny gold

the guy on the last page called pal (something) the maps are messed up becasue zel changed the tile sets which means all the tile sets mess up

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
state 2 :backup of state 1
state 3 :usual stuff like saving before a battle
state 4 :saved so opponent doesn't kill me in one attack
state 5 :used so my attacks are critical
Get It
thanks ill do that now

OT: Hmm... my save states list is like this:

State 2: Backup of State 1.

State 3: Before starting a battle with any trainer.

State 4: Reviewing "Earthquakes".

On Topic: Hmm, great hack with that annoying Carlos with the

way so it makes the hack more interactive!!

Have a Question though.

Are there any more minigames?

What is the total number of Minigames your inserting?

Pika Storm

learning to script
Years
I downloaded the beta 5 from page 1, but it came out as a word pad file, and I cannot get it to work; but I got the same file from a different website and it works, but the file will not save.
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
moz-screenshot.jpg
Could someone tell me where to get a file that works.

Back