• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Eggy0 said:
I didn't want to look through 500+ pages to search for my answer, and if there's the answer for my question, please point me to it.
How do you make it for a specific pokemon trainer to have his/her own battle music?(as in a battle music different from other trainers, like the gym leaders and the champion.)
I will include as much info as I can; I have Pokemon Fire Red and I use PKSV.(just in case if different battle music requires scripting) By using Sappy, I found the Pokemon R/S/E gym leader battle music inside of Pokemon Fire Red, and I wish to use that as the battle music for my character, but I don't know how to do that.

You need ASM to do that. Mastermind X has done this, and you can read about it here:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=157294

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Here's a list of the ones that are already being used:
Spoiler:

In addition to that question. Which flags and vars access the RAM?
Would it matter if I'm using JPAN Hacked Engine?

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years

In addition to that question. Which flags and vars access the RAM?
Would it matter if I'm using JPAN Hacked Engine?

All flags and variables access the RAM. There isn't any place that it COULD be written to...the ROM is read-only, meaning you couldn't write things like flags and variables to it.

If you need to know specific addresses, all variables besides the 0x8000-0x800F range are in dynamically-placed addresses. I don't know about flags, though...

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2022
In which program I can use to cause the player start the game somewhere else instead his room? (FR)
Thank you.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2022

You can use SMCA or Start Map Chooser Editor!

Here's a link to that in Hackmew's toolbox... :)

xD

Thank you very much ! :)
One last question : inside the program "SMCA" where's FR\LG Extra i can put only the X value instead of X\Y like the R\S\E's values...
So now i do not know how to place the player in the map with X value only...
Can you help me? :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2015
Hello pokecommunity! So far my hacking progress has been going pretty smoothly (thanks to the many great tutorials on here), but I'm kind of stuck at something right now: to bypass the limit on the amount of map names you can have, I decided to be smart and simply name all routes in the game PALLET TOWN, simply setting the option 'don't display name' in the header menu. However, when I enter the map, it displays the name anyway! I've tried doing this from both sides (both maps set to 'don't display name') and it still display both names. I'm kind of stumped with this, so any tips how to fix would be greatly appreciated.

redriders180

Years
Hello pokecommunity! So far my hacking progress has been going pretty smoothly (thanks to the many great tutorials on here), but I'm kind of stuck at something right now: to bypass the limit on the amount of map names you can have, I decided to be smart and simply name all routes in the game PALLET TOWN, simply setting the option 'don't display name' in the header menu. However, when I enter the map, it displays the name anyway! I've tried doing this from both sides (both maps set to 'don't display name') and it still display both names. I'm kind of stumped with this, so any tips how to fix would be greatly appreciated.

This seems like a good idea, but I see one major pitfall: Maps. With all the routes set to PALLET TOWN, your head will always appear on Pallet Town, instead of the route in question. Barring that, of course, it might just be that town and route names are set to appear no matter what. Maybe try using one of the other map names, such as Celadon Dept. or S.S. Anne. (One of the names that doesn't pull up an image when you enter it).

However, if I may suggest an alternate, why not reverse what you wanted to do? For example, instead of making all the routes have the same name and setting it to "Dont Show", make all the maps you want to have the additional names have the same name and set it to "Dont Show", or just have the map share the name of the route it's on. I think it'd probably end up looking better, since if you opened the map (or even Fly), all the routes would say PALLET TOWN, and it might confuse your players.

You can always extend the list of names, in any case.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Thank you very much ! :)
One last question : inside the program "SMCA" where's FR\LG Extra i can put only the X value instead of X\Y like the R\S\E's values...
So now i do not know how to place the player in the map with X value only...
Can you help me? :)

Sorry, but there's no Y values in SMCA you can just reposition the map you have to the alignment you have in the X value... :)

Just adjust the map position for you to have it working properly... :)

Epitaph93

Intermediate Digidestined
Years
Anyone know how to change the level of newly hatched pokemon? I want to change it from 5 to 1. I'm thinking it's gonna involve ASM, which is no problem, I just can't find any information on it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2012
Hello everyone. I am a new rom hacker, and I want to know is it possible to modify the effectiveness relationship between types in black and white versions? (Eg. Making grass type super effective against bug type. etc)

MrSandman64

Pokemon Moon Creator
Years
Hey PC!
For the past few days I've been trying to replace the FR Pokemon center with my own, but I've been having trouble can someone please help me?

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2015
@MrSandman64:
Well, that would depend on what part you're having trouble with :)
A slightly more detailed description (what doesn't work/what breaks your game/etc.) goes a long way! Although I'm far from an expert, I've seen some common problems around the forums, and I might be able to give a tip or two.

@redriders180
Woops, hadn't thought about the part with the world map! Thanks for pointing that out ^_^;
But anyway, I thought it wasn't possible to modify the amount of available map names unless you knew ASM (which I don't)? If it is indeed possible, any and all tips on how to do so (or a reference to a tut/guide that explains it) would be immensely appreciated!

redriders180

Years
@redriders180
Woops, hadn't thought about the part with the world map! Thanks for pointing that out ^_^;
But anyway, I thought it wasn't possible to modify the amount of available map names unless you knew ASM (which I don't)? If it is indeed possible, any and all tips on how to do so (or a reference to a tut/guide that explains it) would be immensely appreciated!

Changing the amount of names doesn't exactly require ASM, it just requires a little repointing, and changing limiting bytes. There is a semi-beginner-unfriendly tutorial here, written by Jambo51, which details two ways to go about it (adding more names to the end, or using the Ruby/Sapphire names that are already in the game).

MrSandman64

Pokemon Moon Creator
Years
What do you mean? Do you mean the Pokemon Center theme?

I'm talking about replacing the Pokemon center in the game with my own custom Pokemon center
I added the tiles into tileset2 (pallet town) in advance map but I couldn't figure out how to replace the FR Pokemon center tiles with my tiles

@MrSandman64:
Well, that would depend on what part you're having trouble with :)
A slightly more detailed description (what doesn't work/what breaks your game/etc.) goes a long way! Although I'm far from an expert, I've seen some common problems around the forums, and I might be able to give a tip or two.

I inserted the Pokemon center into tileset 2 (pallet town) and when I tried to take the tiles that I enserted into tileset 2 I couldn't figure out how to replace my Pokemon center tiles with the original tiles

Last edited:

The_Show

Banned
Years
I searched "How to add flying position to a new map" and a lot of people have asked, but I only found one good and notable answer:

Spoiler:

Now, does anyone have an idea of how to do that?

redriders180

Years
I searched "How to add flying position to a new map" and a lot of people have asked, but I only found one good and notable answer:

Spoiler:

Now, does anyone have an idea of how to do that?

You ought to poke over to the tutorials thread...this is the best one (and as far as I can tell, the only one), and the one I used, with extreme success.

Edit: :( Why must you steal my thunder, CrystalStatic (:P)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back