• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Monster Art Online [remake] (OOC)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Megan, you're fine and accepted now!

Sovereign, that's okay :3

@ EVERYONE - I feel ready to start the RP now. We have a good number of accepted RPers, and I'm sure the last reserved ones will have their SUs up before too long. If anything, maybe this puts some positive stress on them ;)

Is there anyone who feels like they want to change their starting place first? Remember that you can at any time travel between regions... At least if you have reached the city where the train/ferry/airplane goes from. Hm, I should probably have another peek at those listed cities and make sure they aren't too spread out or in the endgame O.o

Years
I'm set and ready to go with my starting point, in Kanto! Also I'll get the picture of my character's avatar up, probably tomorrow, Black Friday was hectic at work. Got it all drawn up, but I'm to lazy to even scan it right now...

♚ Here's looking at you, kid.
Years
I am ready and excited to get started whenever you are, Adventure. Thank you for approving the region change as well, I appreciate it. I have always been incredibly fond of Hoenn. :3

@The Final Watchman, I believe it is just you, myself, and Adventure playing in that region to start. Unless future SUs choose Hoenn as well.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Yes, it's the team of Roxas, Umbreon and Vriska (avatars) starting in Hoenn! Once we reach Slateport/Mauville we'll be able to go to other regions. But I kind of love Hoenn ;; Might switch region once we reach the fire gym though, because I'm around Lavaridge in another RP too, I realized.

@ SylveonStar, if you really want to be in Kalos, you can wait with posting in the IC for a while and hope that the reservations that are left put up Kalos too. And you are allowed to start alone in Kalos of course, but it might be more fun for you if you switch in that case :3

I will now start the IC. Have fun RPing!
Likely, there will be details about setting and mechanics and plot that we will have to iron out as we go. I'm giving you a lot of freedom to interpret and describe how things work in the regions of MAO, just preferably try to stay true to any previous inventions by other RPers. We'll build our own canon! Sort of like how I in Marcello's SU decided that you still get between Route 104 and Dewford with a motorboat, rather quickly. Just don't mix in "evil teams"... There will be no such thing. Yet.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Alright gentlemen and ladies, my first goal is to find a Lapras which yeaaah they're really rare and there are only a few in the pokeworld, ugggggh. BUT, I wouldn't ask for another surfing pokemon!

If you guys want to interact with me in Kanto, I'd be happy to!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
If you want a Lapras, I suggest you either make your character do some detective work for a while in the RP to try and find out if there is still a NPC character in Kanto who can gift or trade one - or you make your character aim to travel to Seafoam Islands and search for one herself. If the journey to Seafoam Islands is long and eventful enough, or if your detective work is cool enough, I'll make sure you find a Lapras in one way or another eventually ;) Sounds okay?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Suuure! I also wanted to ask, are we the only players in this game, orrrr could there be Players that we could create/bunny?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
You can create and use as many other Players as you wish! But only the RPers are the "chosen" ones that can't log out. All the normal Players still go on their lives as usual, and unless one of us has notified them, nobody knows about this officially yet. At the start of the RP, we only just received the message.

Oh, that reminds me... it was a bit weird in my first IC post that I didn't make Marcello think about contacting his gaming friends. That would actually be the first thing. But yeah, he is in shock so.

jhajjar

Jongleur
Years
I've got a question. When you interact with people is that considered sending them a private or normal message? I mean lets say you come across another player. Are you capable of actually speaking like with your mouth/voice in the game? Or must you must you go to Menu > Messages> Send Message To etc...?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Oh, you can speak. Have you seen Sword Art Online? This RP is based on that anime. In the game of SAO, they speak and move and live realistically like in the real world, only how much pain and damage they feel depends on their level and they have digital inventories and can send messages (like texts or emails) from their menu system without a phone or anything. That's how it works here in MAO too. The NerveGear makes your brain think that the world inside MAO is just as real as the real world. Only with a few more rules and digital solutions.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2020
Hmmm, now I need to figure out who's where in Johto. Peria's first priority is probably going to be asking/begging others for information and guidance, and doing it with other characters will be interesting. Sadly for her, by the looks of it, most of the characters in Johto aren't particularly friendly.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm gonna be starting out at Route 31 [in Johto] since Parker's trying to train her Pokemon to face the gym leader. Should have a post up by tonight weeee~

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Well worst case, you can go to Violet and take the plane over to Kalos to play with SylveonStar's character instead ^^

I generally don't like to interact with mean characters in a RP, haha.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. If I switch will I have to change my team or is saying I traded ok? I've got my character started with the first part of my dream Team

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2020
Hahaha I'm not sure Peria can make it to Violet City on her own. She's probably high enough leveled, but she's still not quite sure of game mechanics and has a very good chance of getting lost anyways. Are Mr. Pokemon and the Berry Master still NPCs on Route 30?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. If I switch will I have to change my team or is saying I traded ok? I've got my character started with the first part of my dream Team
Yes, you can have any pokémon you like as long as they are not fully evolved or legendary, I suppose. No need to explain it logically even, you can have a Kalos starter but journey in Hoenn if you want. Just to make the RP easier and more fun off the bat!

Hahaha I'm not sure Peria can make it to Violet City on her own. She's probably high enough leveled, but she's still not quite sure of game mechanics and has a very good chance of getting lost anyways. Are Mr. Pokemon and the Berry Master still NPCs on Route 30?
I think they should be. You are free to come up with quests of your own that they can give you, or I can throw some scenario at you if you write about meeting them ;)

You guys can always ask me to present a quest or scenario for your character if you feel lost or stuck or bored.

@ Sheraku, nice first post!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Cool! 8D Hoenn is catching up to Johto in numbers of starting players. In case you change your mind, you'll only need to reach Mauville to be able to fly to Kalos.

EDIT: and before I forget again (how do I even to this?) First Snow is accepted! Also in Hoenn. Better hope Pixelized and Scyke and Gardevoir sign up for Kanto and Johto to even things out ;)

Last edited:
Back