• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Favorite Challenge IV

Years
Are the roms for those out by any chance? Because I'd love to do this challenge but I don't have games (still waiting for emulator and roms to come out >_> ) - Anyways I love the idea of this challenge and I would love to join once the roms comes out :3

εcho.

The silver ninetales
Years
Restarting my Y version so I'll give this a try. :)

User: Fana
Game: Y
Freebie Type: Fire

Favorites:
Spoiler:

KKJ

Abominations of mankind
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 15, 2014
Well you , Fana , get Ice , Grass , Fire , Poison , Bug and Dark . Good luck !

εcho.

The silver ninetales
Years
That gives me Lapras, Venusaur, Flareon, Skuntank, Heracross and Malamar!
Thanks, I'm looking forward to this team, should be a lot of fun!

Years
Hello friends, I would like to join!
Name: WeightyWillBill
Game: X
Freebie: Fighting

Will post my list when I get the types (:

εcho.

The silver ninetales
Years
Update #1

Well, I'm a little ways into this challenge so thought I'd post an update. I started out with Chespin, since I need the roaming Articuno when I beat the game.

I sped through the first part of the game and the first gym so I could get to Lumiose and pick up my Bulbasaur, who I named Albus. Soloed with him for a while, which was a little harder than I expected because he was slightly under-leveled.

Eventually made it to route 8 where I caught an Inkay to add to my team, who I named Minerva. She has contrary as an ability, which I'm really liking because it makes all stat changes have opposite effects. This means every time I'm up against something with Intimidate or who tries using Sand Attack a million times in a row, it makes those battles much less frustrating.

Made my way to Cyllage city and caught myself an Eevee who I nicknamed Filius and evolved into a Flareon as soon as I added him to my party. Thankfully found him at level 19 so I only needed to level him up to 20 to get Fire Fang and didn't have to wait for another fire attack.

Beat Grant quite handily, thanks to Albus being about level 27 by that point.

Passed through Geosenge town and on to route 11 where it took me WAY longer than it should have to find and catch a Stunky. I accidentally KO'd the first one with a critical hit and then another critical hit with Razor leaf KO'd a hoard of them.

Finally found another hoard (unfortunately they're only level 11) and managed to capture one for my team, whom I have named Severus.

Leveled him up in Reflection cave to catch him up with the rest of my team.

I also picked up a Nidorino to use temporarily as an HM slave.

Got to Shalour City and defeated Calem for the Mega Ring. I'm now currently outside the city in Route 12 searching in vain for a Heracross to add to my team before I go challenge Korrina.

Current Team:

venusaur.gif

Albus ♂ lvl. 34
Sassy | Overgrow
Double-Edge
Poison Powder
Leech Seed
Petal Dance
malamar.gif

Minerva ♀ lvl. 33
Brave | Contrary
Reflect
Payback
Hypnosis
Psybeam
flareon-2.gif

Filius ♂ lvl. 33
Relaxed | Flash Fire
Baby-Doll Eyes
Fire Fang
Fire Spin
Bite

stunky.gif

Severus ♂ lvl. 30
Quiet | Aftermath
Thief
Toxic
Feint
Slash

WeightyWillBill your types are:
Fairy
Electric
Fighting
Psychic
Ground
Water

Last edited:
Years
Thank you for the swift response!

Here's my list for reference:
Spoiler:

This gives me Azumarill, Jolteon, Hawlucha, Reuniclus, Gliscor, and Samurott.

An interesting mesh of Pokemon if I say so myself. I'll get started ASAP I just need to breed an Oshawott egg and send it over.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
Years

Update #2

Put this game aside for a little bit while I finished my Pokedex in X but recently started back up and have done a fair amount since my last update.

Finally did catch myself a Heracross (after far too long searching).
Korrina didn't put up too much of a fight.
Neither did Ramos (Filius won that gym single-handedly), Clemont or Valerie (thanks to Lapras's Perish Song).

I just defeated my rival in front of the Anistar gym and am now heading in to challenge Olympia for the Psychic Badge.

Current Team:

venusaur.gif

Albus ♂ lvl. 48
Sassy | Overgrow
Double-Edge
Poison Powder
Leech Seed
Petal Dance
malamar.gif

Minerva ♀ lvl. 47
Brave | Contrary
Reflect
Payback
Hypnosis
Psybeam
flareon-2.gif

Filius ♂ lvl. 47
Relaxed | Flash Fire
Baby-Doll Eyes
Fire Fang
Fire Spin
Bite

stunky.gif

Severus ♂ lvl. 47
Quiet | Aftermath
Night Slash
Toxic
Flamethrower
Slash

lapras.gif

Sybill ♀ lvl. 43
Docile | Water Absorb
Surf
Body Slam
Ice Beam
Perish Song

heracross.gif

Horace ♂ lvl. 44
Hasty | Guts
Aerial Ace
Take Down
Close Combat
Brick Break

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
So I started my journey by moving Torchic into my party as soon as I could, and trading a friend for a Bronzor egg. When I picked my starter, I picked Chespin, so my rival will have Fennekin, who will become super effective to my Blaziken. The first gym was pretty easy, especially with a Fire Type lead. I earned my first badge and moved on to catch a female Combee on the next route.

Team:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I really need to get back to playing Y...lmao. Anyway, you get Ice, Fairy, Dragon, Grass, Rock, and Normal. Enjoy!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 29, 2014
ok so that means my pokemon is:

Lapras
Togekiss
Salamance
Shiftry
Onix
Diggersby

So not bad selection but not the greatest lol anyway i will post how far i get with all of these and if someone would be willing to trade some pokemon i would be happy!

Ok so here's what happened on day 1:
Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If you need to get some of those through trades, you could check Trade Corner. The trade community here is great and helpful. :) If you don't feel like having to go there though, you're free to contact me about any Pokemon you might need. I can get basically anything since I've finished my Pokedex, so I'd be happy to help. Just remember that if you can get your Pokemon in-game during the main story, please do it that way.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
The Favorite Challenge: Pokemon Y
2/8

Went through the usual long ass stretch from the first badge to the second badge. It was actually over a week ago so I don't remember how hard it was. But I won.

Team:
Spoiler:

εcho.

The silver ninetales
Years
Beat Diantha and completed this challenge today!
FG6gwFt.jpg

The E4 didn't cause too much trouble, and I was well stocked up on Hyper Potions and Revives so healing between each battle made it easy to get through them.
Diantha almost had me, but thankfully I had Lapras with Perish Song when she was down to her mega Gardevoir so all I had to do was switch out and then withstand her hits for 3 turns.

Final team:

venusaur.gif

Albus ♂ lvl. 63
Sassy | Overgrow
Double-Edge
Toxic
Synthesis
Petal Blizzard
malamar.gif

Minerva ♀ lvl. 65
Brave | Contrary
Superpower
Payback
Hypnosis
Psycho Cut

flareon-2.gif

Filius ♂ lvl. 65
Relaxed | Flash Fire
Baby-Doll Eyes
Fire Fang
Flare Blitz
Bite

skuntank.gif

Severus ♂ lvl. 62
Quiet | Aftermath
Night Slash
Toxic
Flamethrower
Belch
lapras.gif

Sybill ♀ lvl. 61
Docile | Water Absorb
Surf
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Perish Song

heracross.gif

Horace ♂ lvl. 58
Hasty | Guts
Aerial Ace
Take Down
Close Combat
Megahorn

Mr.LunchboxBear

Pokébreeder
Years
Your types are:
1. Bug
2. Ghost
3. Water
4. Dragon
5. Ground
6. Fire
So I'll have this team:
1. Bug - Accelgor
2. Ghost - Dusknoir
3. Water - Vaporeon
4. Dragon - Dragagle
5. Ground - Flygon
6. Fire - Houndoom

Vaporeon (Eevee on Route 10), Houndoom (Houndour on Route 10), Flygon (Trapinch on Route 13), Accelgor (Shelmet on Route 14/19, then traded with Karrablast), Dusknoir (Dusclops in Friend Safari, then traded with Reaper Cloth), Dragalge (Skrelp needs to be traded from Y)

So, I looked it up on Serebii.net and it seems like none of these will be caught before I reach the 2nd Gym. So do I use my starter until then, or do I trade them in? And Duskull and Skrelp NEED to be traded in since I'm playing X and Dusclops is caught only in the Friend Safari. I have all these on my Pokemon Y, so would I transport them from the bank? And would I move just the ones I need, or could I Poketransfer all 6? WHEW! That's enough questions for now, sorry ><

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
The Favorite Challenge IV: Pokemon Y
4/8

I have progressed to my 4th badge. I still don't know this region well enough to identify all the cities by name, hell, I never really finished learning the city names in Unova either. XD

Anyway, I caught my Dedenne and Tentacool, which has evolved, so now I only have one Pokemon left for my team, Articuno, which I won't be adding until I reach Yveltal, just to be fair.

Team:
Spoiler:

Back