• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2023
- Venusaur's leaves get cut off in the front sprite
- Raikou and Entei look old fashioned, especially next to the new Suicune.
- Nidorina's face.
- Only one of Haunter's hands is glowing

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
- Venusaur's leaves get cut off in the front sprite
- Raikou and Entei look old fashioned, especially next to the new Suicune.
- Nidorina's face.
- Only one of Haunter's hands is glowing

I've fix the dogs. Venusaur's leaves get cut off? are you sure? o_O. I'll fix Nidorina. I never changed haunter in the first place, so do you genuinely want me to change it's FR sprite?

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
True. XD They really are superior to a lot of other emulators out there. It's just a pity that he's profiting off of an originally open-source emulator, without permission from the authors. In a sense, it goes against my morals to download his work, and I certainly won't find myself buying it any time soon.
Still, I can see where you're coming from. I just wish there was a better, or equal, alternative.

But that's besides the point.

Do you know if there is a possible workaround to the legendary dog freeze in Burnt Tower? I've got it save-stated, but I very much doubt it will ever, you know... unfreeze. <_<

Well umm i know how you can play round it but not to unfreeze the state.. You just play using the .sav on the PC, then copy back over after doing the event.

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
IMO pinsir's and heracross's back and front sprites from d/p/p or hg/ss are much, much better than fire red :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2023
I've fix the dogs. Venusaur's leaves get cut off? are you sure? o_O. I'll fix Nidorina. I never changed haunter in the first place, so do you genuinely want me to change it's FR sprite?

At least, in my rom, the leaves on right side of the Venusaur's front sprite look to be cut short by a few pixels.

Yeah, I know Haunter had the uneven hands in FR. That's really the only design change I want. The rest of the sprite is good (although, to be honest, an FR version of the old Yellow sprite could be pretty sweet).

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
IMO pinsir's and heracross's back and front sprites from d/p/p or hg/ss are much, much better than fire red :)

Thing is, by doing that messes up shiny palettes for the sprites (the share the same palette but alternate colours when there is a shiny encounter) which is a problem which currently exists anyway from when I imported emerald sprites. I forgot that they had different palettes.. so getting a shiny will display weird colours for those sprites..

I also don't want to get people into the habit that backsprites need changing. I haven't changed any backsprites because I think FR backsprites looks decent enough.

At least, in my rom, the leaves on right side of the Venusaur's front sprite look to be cut short by a few pixels.

Yeah, I know Haunter had the uneven hands in FR. That's really the only design change I want. The rest of the sprite is good (although, to be honest, an FR version of the old Yellow sprite could be pretty sweet).

I'll make a custom haunter.

About Venusaur, that was a slight insertion problem, I remember it. I'll fix that :)

Yellow sprite? you mean Red's trainer sprite?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 23, 2014
Ah! Welcome back LaZ! I'm very much looking forward to the increase in difficulty. Just try to be sure there is a certain level of difficulty that doesnt exceed the point where it just gets annoying and requires immense grinding.

I know mentioning Shiny Gold is a bit taboo here, but I only want to refer to the difficulty of Shiny Gold X - which gave perfect levels to create challenging battles without requiring too much effort. Rijon Adventures X (which is unofficial though) was terrible because of incredibly increased levels, as well as random level 1 magikarp every where... :P

My final suggestion for increasing difficulty is to realize that levels are not the only thing that make pokemon challenging: I would suggesting making all the gym leaders (and maybe some trainers) with more complex lineups with each pokemon having a metagame movesets. That would be pretty awesome.

Just suggestions, am looking forward to 3.1!

Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2023
I'll make a custom haunter.

Yellow sprite? you mean Red's trainer sprite?

No, Haunter's sprite (from Yellow). I dunno if it's the palette or the design, but few sprites have better conveyed "fear me, I'm going to screw you up now".

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
So yeah. I caved. I downloaded Gameboid. -_-;; Finally managed to get past the Legendary Dogs event.

I love you guys. Wind Waker music in my Pokemon?
Have my babies. All of them.

But seriously, keep up the good work. I love it so far.

EDIT: In all honesty, though, I love how you guys are writing your own musical score to the game. Very rarely do I see that in a ROM hack - most of the time, they just rehash the original soundtrack.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 4, 2013
Well I think I should post my opinion.. I think the game was too easy (compared to the Fire red). It doesn't matter that this game is pretty long, but I mean it can be longier than santa barbara series, but if it's easy then it IS easy. I think you should raise all levels by 10 - 15 percents, especially Kanto, where EVERY trainer, gym leader and E4 was piece of a cake. I mean really... at first E4 levels are 40 - 45, and leaders 50, when in Fire Red it was ~55 - 60. It is very boring when you can KO every E4 trainer. Then E4 rematch, levels are 60~, when in FR it's 70+. Cool huh? Well I don't say "make game as hard as FR", but just bit harder, harder game is more interesting game.

linkandzelda

Years
Just a small update, I've tested and fixed up to and fought the league. I'm now ready to start testing Kanto.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Wooo!
That all sounds good :)
Hope kanto testing works out fine!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Facepalm, I'm a noob :D I meant to ask about Orange Isle :D

I hope the orange isle is done.
Just seeing these videos of it is awesome.
Unless you can't get there in beta 2.1 i can't wait :laugh:

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
About the Hack

I'm not sure if you know this, but I'm pretty sure the 'bad jump errors' that were occurring on GPSP were from doing an event out of order. For instance, the legendary dog event MUST be done BEFORE obtaining HM03 Surf, otherwise you'll get the error right before falling down the hole in the floor. On top of that, If you do one event out of order, the odds of screwing up the save file is slim, but still possible. Also, If you plan on fighting your rival after the Rocket event @ the Slowpoke Well, You need to do it before fighting the second gym leader. Otherwise, it will just skip the event. I was just letting you know all of this because I'm curious if those bug(s) can even be fixed... If not, it's fine, I've can work around it. By the way, you're doing an excellent job. Keep it up!

linkandzelda

Years
Facepalm, I'm a noob :D I meant to ask about Orange Isle :D

I hope the orange isle is done.
Just seeing these videos of it is awesome.
Unless you can't get there in beta 2.1 i can't wait :laugh:

In answer to both of you, I stated in my post or somewhere that only the first of the five islands are completed and will be available fully in beta 3.1. The full 5 islands with an extra 6th island will be available for beta 4, aka the probably finished version.

I'm not sure if you know this, but I'm pretty sure the 'bad jump errors' that were occurring on GPSP were from doing an event out of order. For instance, the legendary dog event MUST be done BEFORE obtaining HM03 Surf, otherwise you'll get the error right before falling down the hole in the floor. On top of that, If you do one event out of order, the odds of screwing up the save file is slim, but still possible. Also, If you plan on fighting your rival after the Rocket event @ the Slowpoke Well, You need to do it before fighting the second gym leader. Otherwise, it will just skip the event. I was just letting you know all of this because I'm curious if those bug(s) can even be fixed... If not, it's fine, I've can work around it. By the way, you're doing an excellent job. Keep it up!

Interesting that you mention this, i'll look into it. I was wondering about the order of events myself.

Back