• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Years
You'll die a little inside every time it happens. It's not too bad in the long run, though. I don't think I'm a romantic anymore and life is pretty awesome considering that what I had before was a dream and not a very good one. You'll learn that you're still able to chase dreams, it's just up to you to find the right ones to chase. I think it's very empowering to realize that you don't need to be limited by the expectations brought about by being a hopeless romantic, and as well realizing your ability to vie so fiercely for something. Somebody better always comes along, so I'm told, but it's probably true.

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
Years
BI-ROMATIC/PANROMATIC DEMISEXUAL!

I'VE FIGURED IT OUT!

HOLY **** you have no idea of the load that has taken off my shoulders

actually of all people you lot should come the closest

ZOMG, CONGRATS CONGRATS!! :D The load must have been sooo bulky~ x.x

So, I had my heart ripped out by a text message earlier today.

Apparently she didn't see us together in the 'end game' and thought it would be easier than to break it off two years from now.

That I can get. I understand feeling that way.

But a flipping text message. That's the lowest form of...

I just need all the hugs.

On the other hand. Back on the market. Overjoyed >:/

WHO IN THE RIGHT MIND WOULD DO IT OVER A TEXT MESSAGE?? THAT'S JUST....UGH!!~ -.-'

I'm sorry about your heart being ripped out, know what it's like... D:

*Gives you a big hug* :>

Yeah being back in the market must feel pretty godamn good, no? xD

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
That is a really long label :o Cool you figured it out
Yeah, unfortunately I think It has the potential to work against it's credibility; I can imagine getting a quarter way through it and my dad bursting out laughing.

I'm probably going to simplify it when telling my parents and just say I'm Bi. (eventually)

I've told my closest cousin already though and he's been very accepting. :']

I know exactly how you feel :) Congratulations on figuring it out!

I'm glad you figured yourself out too. :]

ZOMG, CONGRATS CONGRATS!! :D The load must have been sooo bulky~ x.x

Not only had It caused me to question myself as to whether I was making up any attraction I had for guys o_0, but also caused me to have feelings that, when directed towards certain people, are deemed inappropriate by most. (e.g Relationships that start out platonic and are perceived by the other party to be fixed in place here can often turn into an unrequited kinda biz)

tyyyyy again you lovely people

I'll stop going on now though and join in the conversation.

@Insomniac: Deleting their number was a good move. Out of sight, out of mind.

It really pays to watch how much you think about things that are getting you down, and whether anything good comes out of it at all.

Focus on yourself and the things that you enjoy instead, and like Phantom said have to stuff to do.

@Aeon: That's aweeesoooome news! :DD

And well done, you were really brave. :]

Writing it down was a good move; I think this method of delivery really helps combat people underestimating the certainty that we feel and how much thought has gone into it all.

@Phantom: I'd like to believe that the reason they chose to text that instead of saying it face to face is because they were, to a certain extent, embarrassed. It's usually a problem they THEY have in these types of situations, which they are aware of, and just struggle to break it off without hurting the other person.

This is just what I'm getting from my experience though.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Interrupting the flow, per usual.

BI-ROMATIC/PANROMATIC DEMISEXUAL!

I'm going to say that I'm ignorant of these terms for the most part, care to explain them in your own terms? I mean, I looked it up and I sorta kinda get it.

Also, congrats Jose~

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
To add to the whole 'text break up thing', do people really view it as that bad?

I've had to break up with the majority of my exs, not because I hated them or anything but either the situation was hard or we had drifted a part a lot. Text was the best way for me to do it because I found the words almost impossible to say, the one time I did break up with someone face-to-face I was drunk and utterly fed up with them.

Basically, the ones I cared about I broke up with by text - imo it's short, quick, and means there isn't the potential to break down and reconsider.

tnfsf11

Hey y'all, I just saw this thread & even as a straight I was curious to take a look ;)
I think it would be fun to join, not because I'm LGBT but because I might have stuff to add.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a hater or anything just so you know, I think I have some experiences that I would like to share, they're not mine though they're of people I know in real life, also I might give some advice, maybe from a straight's point of view?

I also don't want to say if I actually support gay marriage rights or not because:
- If I say I do then the people in real life that I know, who are stalking me here, would hate me.
- If I say I don't then all of you will hate me.
-_-

Also this:
kathymenaregay.gif

This is kinda true in KSA, there are more secretly gay men than meets the eye, mainly because women don't exist in a growing boy's mind, since the only woman he will ever see is his mother, all other women across the country completely cover their body & face, so this makes sense. :)
They never made a gay pride however, because obviously KSA is an Islamic country, & Islam forbids homosexuality, & the penalty in KSA is death, it's not the same however in other Islamic countries.
I don't live there, but I know people who do & they told me this, but it's funny 'cause I was also told that the king already knows about the gays but he is pretending not to...

So anyway, I would like to join, but I hope you allow me to refrain from adding a user-bar or anything similar in my sig.
Cheers :)

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
Interrupting the flow, per usual.

I'm going to say that I'm ignorant of these terms for the most part, care to explain them in your own terms? I mean, I looked it up and I sorta kinda get it.

Also, congrats Jose~

ty!

And ok:

I feel romantic interest for both/any gender, but sexual interest only develops from a real connection. (Again though, gender is not a concern)

That is to say the more interesting I find a human and the more I connect to a human, the more sexually attracted to them I am.

I appreciate aesthetics greatly and this is in fact one of the main ways in which I feel a connection can begin to form (at least in the scenario of meeting someone new) but It's things like clothes and hair etc that are key here as they're a direct extension of personality.

Appreciation of physical aesthetics develops, but to quote "Kitty Spoon Train" of asexuality.org it is "because their appearance [is] the physical form of the person underneath, rather than some kind of predetermined aesthetic form which I can appreciate in a depersonalised way" and so requires that connection.

I think I've 'filed' myself correctly, but it is damn confusing. I've also been assured that when it gets this complicated wherever you feel you fit best is probably right.

That said, if anyone disagrees or knows of a more fitting name for this let me know.

Last edited:
Years
I'm surprised that the lot of you have enough experience to narrow your label down so precisely. I think I've had crushes on like... 3 people in my lifetime? :S

Years
Do you think people do that? Test out relationships? So once they break up with you they'll never want to get back together again? That makes the world feel soo much colder. :(

FenrirDarkWolf

Water Musician Fenrir
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
So...
My boyfriend and I broke up for too reason.
One: I did find someone else my age, and, we're together now.
Two: I feel like me and him just lost that.. Spark, y'know?

But he didn't mind. He said he would wait for me. And for that, I'm forever grateful.

I still feel a small bit bad for what Leon(my new guy) did for me... In that, he broke up with his boyfriend at the time, and the bastard had to Leon a "dick, stupid ass, and worthless" and I just wanted to find this guy and beat his ass so badly for putting Leon though hell like that.

Years
LOL I know what that feels like (losing spark) and it's kind of hilarious to me. To think how quickly feelings can change in so short a span of time. I'm kind of apathetic about it now.

Years
I know this is going to make me sound like a Debbie Downer, but if someone breaks up with their partner to start dating someone else, isn't that kind of a warning that they're not the most reliable person?

This is why I think every relationship end should be followed by a cooling off period where you have a chance to reflect on things before you start a new relationship. I mean, even if a relationship has been over before it's officially over, you should still wait because, well, it can look bad.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I know this is going to make me sound like a Debbie Downer, but if someone breaks up with their partner to start dating someone else, isn't that kind of a warning that they're not the most reliable person?

This is why I think every relationship end should be followed by a cooling off period where you have a chance to reflect on things before you start a new relationship. I mean, even if a relationship has been over before it's officially over, you should still wait because, well, it can look bad.

Totally agree. Breaking up with someone to get with someone else means that you should have broken up with them sooner.

My friend has had a similar situation where her (now) boyfriend broke up with his ex very shortly before they were officially together. It has led to her being paranoid, and for good reason too - he's cheated twice in the two years and she's still with him for some reason :s.

I believe, no matter how 'friendly' a break up is, if your ex is in a relationship soon afterwards, you're going to feel heartbroken. You should have to decency to hide it for a while, I feel.

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
Years
I'm surprised that the lot of you have enough experience to narrow your label down so precisely. I think I've had crushes on like... 3 people in my lifetime? :S

Same here. I've liked about a total of 3-4 in my total life.

But that doesn't stop me from knowing what my preferences are.

I don't have to test out a relationship to know if the person's the kind of person I like.

I myself have had roughly the same amount of crushes/love interests in my time. But, I know that I'll always will be Bisexual, no matter what.

I agree as well, and it is a warning that they aren't going to be the most reliable person to be with, because they can leave (and cheat) at anytime, sadly. Truthfully it is really awful to start dating someone else right after you break up with you current partner, it's shameful and hurtful in my opinion. But I suppose that these things are bound to happen and occur, y'know cause it's life, it's unpredictable.

A cooling off period should be mandated in break-ups, it's ideal to have time for self reflection and to get your mind out of the gutter of the recent break-up.

I mean, even if a relationship has been over before it's officially over, you should still wait because, well, it can look bad.

Always wait no matter what, ALWAYS WAIT!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, since we've been kinda lacking in the political discussion in the LGTB community, I'd thought I'd share this article I found in my Facebook Newsfeed:

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/perspective/2013/04/18/Transgender-candidates-stake-claim-in-Pakistan-vote-.html#

I only skimmed though as I was speechless and at loss for words, so would anyone like to give their sentiments and opinions on this?

Last edited:
Years
The election's already over, and I don't think people would take her seriously. I wouldn't take her seriously though, she doesn't have much of a platform but a gimmick. And the article was spot on about patronage ruining democracy in Pakistan (which is a problem closer to home as well hmm? hmm?)

I don't want to sound too much of a downer, but I don't really enjoy how LGBT politics is treated here, at least not in the form it is. It's hardly controversial, either we pat ourselves on the back or shake our heads - but in unison. I like articles like this one though, they're more discussion-worthy and that's something I'd like to see more of.

FenrirDarkWolf

Water Musician Fenrir
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
...:I
Hmm... I see what you guys mean, but...
It's weird you know? Like... It's weird, but I love him.

I think... The relationship was really over before it was official. Things just... Never truly picked up after a while and we started growing apart... Me and him, I tried to talk to him, but sometimes I couldn't get an answer for a few days, and instead of worrying about it like I used to, I just shrugged it off. And then Leon came in, and... Well...

I know I may sound unfaithful, but...
I'm really, truly devoted to my partner, and it was hard to break up with him, don't get me wrong. And I do whatever to make them happy, and I can only hope he will try do the same for me.
Maybe... It's because I do fall in love with the person, not the looks. And he just... Wormed his way in.

*sigh* I am either making no sense, or just digging myself deeper, aren't I?

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
Nah, I think I get what you mean. Sounds amazingly cheesy, but sometimes that's what's best for both of you! As long as you know that your new bf is not just a "replacement" then I think it's alright, especially since you knew the last relationship was going downhill. While I do agree that a "cooling off" period is a good idea, just do whatever works for you as long as you know what you're doing! (and even if it doesn't quite work out, then at least you'll have that experience I guess)

I took me about six months or so to finally start thinking about the new friend coming into my life. Now I think I'm happy to stay loyal to my gf, even though I'm still kinda trying to work out feelings. It'll be alright.

Speaking of gf, I got to hear her voice today for the first time in a while, since we were doing a Pokemon trade. I sent her a Beartic so she could use it in the last gym, but afterward she found a wild Cubchoo IN SUMMER. Tomorrow she'll give my Beartic back. Anyway, it was nice to hear from her, even though she didn't speak much to me, I was mostly listening to her talk to her brother in Spanish XD

ProjectMisfit

The fear of an inconceivable ending.
Years
I'd like to join. :3 I saw this thread yesterday and fell in love with it. I am a strong believer in equal rights, as well as joined the It gets better project a few years ago. People can be kinda harsh when it comes to this sort of thing. Sorry for the short message, but I'm not good at introductions xD

FenrirDarkWolf

Water Musician Fenrir
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
It doesn't matter for me anymore anyway...
He broke up with me because I hurt his friend because I got jealous because they're so much closer...
He won't even talk to me anymore...

****... ****! I feel so ****ing bad now and I keep trying to apologize to them... I don't want to lose him... Even as a friend... God, I feel so bad... They won't talk to me... I didn't mean to hurt them...

Back