• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

GoGo's MEGA-HUGE Sappy Tutorial

Did This Tutorial Help You At All?

• Yes

Votes: 55 53.4%
  • No

Votes: 12 11.7%
  • I Don't Know

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I Didn't Read It Yet

Votes: 30 29.1%

• Total voters

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Well my Soulsilver Patch has too many incorrect loop points, watch the videos you'll know what I mean. So I plan on re-doing them

xGal

Mhm
Years
Decent tutorial :D

Good job, GoGoJJTech aka the person I never met before!

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
Is the VbalCboEX6.ocx file you mentioned what would be causing errors under the name "vbalComboEx6"? I always get this error when I try to edit the MIDI Keyboard.

Since the Sappy install file you link to doesn't add a Mid2Agb folder (I do have those files and have put them in a Mid2Agb folder myself, FYI), you saying "delete everything except the Mid2Agb folder" seems to equate to "delete everything". Regardless, following the method of installation you mentioned doesn't fix these issues for me. Everything else besides the MIDI Keyboard works. Any advice you can give on this?

GoGoJJTech

Years
I haven't got that error before. Sappy12.exe installs all necessary components...
Maybe try re downloading it and see how it goes

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
Placing the new Sappy executable and XML file in the old install location doesn't fix the errors. Upon attempting to edit things further, it seems I come across this program-crashing error any time I try to change anything with any voice. Any changes I make go through, but that really doesn't serve as much of a consolation. I used to not have these issues. Even when I restore my previously-working Sappy the problem persists. I use Windows 7 64-Bit.

This happens regardless of whether or not I have the Mid2Agb folder and it's contents in the right place. Here's the exact error:

35fx.png

LAST EDIT: Oh wow. The strangest of things fixed my issues! All I had to do was open the soundpack.exe file and register it to fix everything! Weird.

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
That really is weird, as I never had to use soundpack.exe to run Sappy. Plus Windows XP is probably easier to handle Sappy.

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
I am having a very hard time obtaining sample sounds for custom instruments.

Any tips on how to get them?

GoGoJJTech

Years
Is it from a ROM or online resource? And explain a bit more.

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Is it from a ROM or online resource? And explain a bit more.

Sorry it's when we import a sample instrument. When we want to use our own instruments. From step 5 :)

I am not sure where to obtain all 127 midi instruments!

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
"DELETE EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE MID2AGB FOLDER!!! "

except that folder doesn't exist.

GoGoJJTech

Years
"DELETE EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE MID2AGB FOLDER!!! "

except that folder doesn't exist.

Once you open "sappy12.exe" and installer pops up, and you direct to the folder of your choice. Then there should be some files: a .Xml, Mid2agb folder, other stuff. Everything except the mid2agb folder gets deleted since there's a new Sappy which you downloaded.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Once you open "sappy12.exe" and installer pops up, and you direct to the folder of your choice. Then there should be some files: a .Xml, Mid2agb folder, other stuff. Everything except the mid2agb folder gets deleted since there's a new Sappy which you downloaded.

Yeah nothing popped up. Then I downloaded these two and it worked perfectly.. yet now I have a new problem (as usual):

Sappy + Mid2agb
Sappy mod 15

But when I am in sappy, I have my midi file, go to the location in my folder where mid2agb.exe is and I drag my midi file into it to create a .s file. Then I go to the title screen song, click assemble, search my .s file and click cook it. It'll work and give that song table pop up then it's in the game... yet when I click play, it makes like crap weird notes instead of what I had in my midi. There was an example .s also in the folder, which the guy who did these two downloads made, and that even sounds like pacman crap. Know how to fix it?

edit: I tried to do your steps after having the newer sappy mod and I mean I don't understand a lot of what you're getting at. You say I have change where the square is do you mean square WAVE 1 and square WAVE 2? because I have a LOT of square wave 1's like.. 110/127 are square wave 1's and I only have one track because it's just a piano. got to the part where i import a .wav sample and it went unresponsive on me and I can't go further

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
Yeah nothing popped up. Then I downloaded these two and it worked perfectly.. yet now I have a new problem (as usual):

Sappy + Mid2agb
Sappy mod 15

But when I am in sappy, I have my midi file, go to the location in my folder where mid2agb.exe is and I drag my midi file into it to create a .s file. Then I go to the title screen song, click assemble, search my .s file and click cook it. It'll work and give that song table pop up then it's in the game... yet when I click play, it makes like crap weird notes instead of what I had in my midi. There was an example .s also in the folder, which the guy who did these two downloads made, and that even sounds like pacman crap. Know how to fix it?

edit: I tried to do your steps after having the newer sappy mod and I mean I don't understand a lot of what you're getting at. You say I have change where the square is do you mean square WAVE 1 and square WAVE 2? because I have a LOT of square wave 1's like.. 110/127 are square wave 1's and I only have one track because it's just a piano. got to the part where i import a .wav sample and it went unresponsive on me and I can't go further

Yes, use sappy mod 17.1. The game is not going to automatically have your instruments in the game... So you import them. Think about it, if you just start a game and add this kind of music engine, your instruments aren't in the ROM because you just started. Same here, gamefreak only used what they needed. So you import what you need. And the square waves (1,2) need to get replaced since you don't have your own instruments in the ROM. Get it?

Chrisario

Friend code :0018 2912 2366 let me know
Years
When I click on Cook it the error pops up

How do I put a picture in this box to show you

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
What's the wording of the error message? Does it say it can't find MPlayDef.S? Or Unknown command? Anything?

Back