• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Likes and Dislikes of Gen V Pokémon

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I love my Ferrothorn. With Iron Barbs and Rocky Helmet + high defense, when people attack it physically they're hurt pretty badly. In addition, Power Whip is a nice STAB move, and his low speed really helps Gyro Ball out. I love it. 83

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I like my Ferrothorn too! It can turn into a monster once I'm done using 2 Curses on it and then used Gyro ball to finish off the opponents, I actually used it's pre evo to beat Iris (Who I kept losing to until I did so)...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Our Likes and Dislikes thread covers your opinion on this Pokémon as well as others too. We'll use that active discussion to share your thoughts on Ferrothorn.

CleverProfileName

needs to learn the threads
Years
I enjoy druddigon though everyone else seems to hate and reniculus because it reminds me of pikimin and the rest i have no problem with not my favorite Pokemon but they're fine

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Going with the Ferrothorn discussion, I think it's a lot better designed than Forretress was because it has 3 spiky whips. It's also bulkier than Forretress, IMO.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
Going with the Ferrothorn discussion, I think it's a lot better designed than Forretress was because it has 3 spiky whips. It's also bulkier than Forretress, IMO.

Yeah it so is. I can just imagine right now it spinning real fast with it's spiky arms XD Plus it just looks so vicious and cool unlike the timid looking Forretress.

Pebblycone

Little Monster ♥
Years
I actually liked MOST of the Pokemon in this gen.
The one family that pissed me off though.. was the Timburr line
SRSLY WHERE THE HECK DO THEY GET THESE RANDOM BLOCKS OF TIMBER OF BLOCKS OR WHATEVER 3JUTNH34P9TU4RHBJ RS

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I actually liked MOST of the Pokemon in this gen.
The one family that pissed me off though.. was the Timburr line
SRSLY WHERE THE HECK DO THEY GET THESE RANDOM BLOCKS OF TIMBER OF BLOCKS OR WHATEVER 3JUTNH34P9TU4RHBJ RS

Those blocks are the best part of them! ...yeah I find their random timber blocks adorable, I don't know why, but the fact that they're random makes them awesome. XD Same would apply to Pokemon like Farfetch'd, where do their sticks come from lol.

xiodinex

Experienced Trainer
Years
i dislike most of them tbh...

though i really love Chandelure. but then, i love all ghost types<3
Cottonee's evolution and Mienshao are cute too. and i want a meloetta event asap!

Koballion irritates me. and Tornadus slash Thunderus. basically all the legendaries except Viriion actually.

I really like the design of Galvantula =) No idea why, but since the beginning that's been my favorite pokémon in the 5th generation.

I dislike the fact that Alomomola, Bouffalant only looks like evolutions to Luvdisk and Tauros. I was hoping for more evolutions, maybe more of the Eevee evolutions and for some pokemon that's just unusable.

the whole point of Black and White was that the new Pokémon had NO link to the old ones, so it felt like a new experience again :)

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
the whole point of Black and White was that the new Pokémon had NO link to the old ones, so it felt like a new experience again :)
Some of the Unova Pokemon share relations with the older ones:
-Snivy, Tepig Oshawott = Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh starters (starter Pokemon)
-Patrat line = Rattata, Sentret, Zigzagoon and Bidoof lines (regional rodents)
-Pidove line = Pidgey, Hoothoot, Taillow and Starly lines (regional birds)
-Roggenrola line = Geodude line (common Rock Pokemon that reach their final forms by trading)
-Woobat line = Zubat line (regional bats that reach final forms through happiness)
-Drilbur line = Diglett line (moles)
-Audino = Chansey (seen with Nurse Joy in the anime, have massive HP and reward a lot of EXP when defeated)
-Purrloin line = Meowth, Skitty and Glameow lines (cats)
-Munna line = Drowzee line (tapir-like Psychic Pokemon that are associated with sleep)
-Timburr line = Machop line (Fighting Pokemon that reach their final forms by trading)
-Tympole line = Poliwag line (tadpoles/frogs)
-Throh/Sawk = Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan (Fighting Pokemon that appear to be related to each other)
-Sewaddle/Venipede lines = Caterpie/Weedle/Wurmple lines (Bug Pokemon that appear early in the game and in forests)
-Maractus = Cacnea line (cacti)
-Scraggy line = Croagunk line (similar appearances, part Fighting type)
-Tirtouga/Archen lines = Omanyte, Kabuto, Lileep, Anorith, Cranidos and Shieldon lines (fossils)
-Trubbish line = Grimer, Koffing and Gulpin lines (2-stage Poison evolutionary line)
-Zorua line = Riolu line (evolved forms debuted in movies prior to their generation, even though Zorua was introduced along with Zoroark, and Riolu was not introduced with Lucario)
-Gothita line = Ralts line (reason to be confirmed at some point)
-Solosis line = Abra line (3-stage Psychic evolutionary line)
-Ducklett line = Psyduck and Wingull lines (2-stage Water bird evolutionary line)
-Emolga = Pichu line, Plusle, Minun and Pachirisu (Electric rodent)
-Foongus line = Paras and Shroomish lines; they are mushrooms. Also the Voltorb line because it resembles a Poke Ball
-Frillish line = Tentacool line (jellyfish)
-Joltik line = Spinarak line (spiders)
-Ferroseed line = Pineco line (stationary Pokemon with high Defense, but low Speed)
-Klink line = Magmemite line (3-stage Steel evolutionary line)
-Litwick line = Gastly and Duskull lines (3-stage Ghost evolutionary line)
-Axew line = Trapinch line (final forms commonly mistaken for pseudo-legends)
-Cubchoo line = Teddiursa line (bears)
-Stunfisk = Dunsparce (derp-ish Pokemon)
-Mienfoo line = Mankey line (mammalian 2-stage Fighting evolutionary line)
-Heatmor/Durant = Zangoose/Seviper (rivals)
-Deino line = Dratini, Larvitar, Bagon, Beldum and Gible lines (pseudo-legends)
-Legendary musketeers and legendary Kamis = Legendary birds, legendary beasts, Regis, lake trio (legendary trios)
-Reshiram/Zekrom = Lugia/Ho-oh, Kyogre/Groudon, Dialga/Palkia (version mascots)
-Meloetta = Shaymin (legendaries with 2 forms)
-Genesect = Mewtwo (Pokemon created through genetics)

Jesspke

Passerby~
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Aug 11, 2016
I must say, I love the design of Eelektross ^^ And Emboar :D

1-Eelektross
2-Emboar
3-Brivary
4-Hydergion (The three headed dragon thing?)
5-Krookodile

That's it, untill I fall in love with another one..

Years
My fave Generation V Pokemon design-wise is Gothitelle.

I'm going to get one in Black for sure!

My least fave, definitely Garbodor. It looks trashy (it is trash, literally).

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
I actually love Garbodor's design. I don't know why; it's just really awesome to me for some reason.

I still haven't warmed up to Garbador. It is so damn ugly, idk it looks like a thrown out washing machine Rotom. Its mouth ruins is, Muk is a million times more pretty ;x Poor Garbador, unloved.I feel so, so, so sorry for any pokemon, especially Ditto, who has to breed with it XD

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
The Pokemon in Unova?
lol bye

Seriously, they're ugly. I was hoping for a ton of beautiful Ice/Water Pokemon, but all I got were 156 disfigured pieces of...nvm.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Online now
The Pokemon in Unova?
lol bye

Seriously, they're ugly. I was hoping for a ton of beautiful Ice/Water Pokemon, but all I got were 156 disfigured pieces of...nvm.

Spoiler:

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, I suppose.
What you may think is ugly is actually quite awesome and majestic in the eyes of other people.

firebolt12

pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2012
* :)

Blitzle- it is so dang cute!
Zebstrika- powerful zebra that is so cool
rufflet- very cute
Braviary- an awesome eagle
axew- so cute and cool at the same time
Haxorus- awesome, amazing, great design, and looks epic!
Darmanitan- at first, I did not like it, but then the anime made me like them. The daramuka is also cute. Zen mode is very interesting
vanillite- I scream for ice cream it is very cute
cubchoo- ACHOO cute
litwick- you gotta love the little candle
Chandelure- I love the blazing ghost chandelere should be in a ghost story
lillipup- I love puppies!
snivy- cute
servine- cool
serperior- I don't exactly love its stats, but great design
oshawott- at first, I hated it, now it looks cute
Samurott- love the epicness
tepig- cute
drilbur- this is so cute and cool
lilligant- very elegant
sandile- just very creative and cute
scraggy- at first, I didn't like it, now, I really do! It is so funny!
tirtouga- I love turtles
Hydreigon- very epic cool dragon
zorua- very cute! And super tricky
archeops- very cool
sawsbuck and deerling- very cool! They are so awesome with the season changing
Amoongus- love the name FOONGUS AMOONGUS!
ferrothorn- cool and awesome statistics
klink klang klinkklang- I liked the gear Japanese names, but still, really cool!
Kreyem- awesome icy dragon!
virizon- interesting typing and cool design

Dislike
errikon- ummm, kinda too burly and creepy
Keldeo- I don't like the design at all
maractus- it freaks me out
Emboar- ts growing on me, but I really hate the typing and design
Bisharp- I don't like the flow, it doesn't seem balanced
Mienshao- weird but interesting
Mienfoo- annoying cry! I HATE IT!
Other
Zekrom- I like it, but it doesn't feel balanced I still like it a lot, but...
Reshiram- I don't like the wings and face I still like it a lot, but...

Years
The Unova Trio

With another region comes another trio of Pokemon: Thundurus, Landorus and Tornadus. So, what are your thoughts about them? Feel they could have, you know... a little more variation sprite wise? Discuss it here!

-totodile42

Back