• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Trainer Information

Spr_E_May.png

ID: 12300
OT: Lisa
Started: Jan. 13
Game Time: 3:27
Badges: 2
Pokedex: 9
Party Members

253.png

Sammi the Grovyle
Jolly | Female | Level 19

276.png

Mac the Taillow
Naughty | Male | Level 19

267.png

Janna the Beautifly
Bold | Female | Level 10

304.png

Griffy the Aron
Hardy | Female | Level 11

309.png

Gonzo the Electrike
Modest | Male | Level 13
Journal Entry

I started a new game since I really missed Emerald... I'm also playing this on my new tablet so nyeh! I picked Treecko as my starter, which was a female. It's funny, I started with a female Treecko in Sapphire many years ago!

On Route 104, I captured a female Marill. I didn't decide on a nickname, so I deposited it for now. I easily made my way through Petalburg Woods. I battled Roxanne as soon as I could. Treecko made this battle very trivial in terms of difficulty. She evolved into Grovyle after this match.

I backtracked through the early routes until I captured a Taillow and a Wurmple. Luckily, Wurmple evolved into Beautifly on my first try. Taillow mauled Brawly with Wing Attack. Also, while wandering around the Dewford cave, I managed to pick up a cute Aron.

I'm in Slateport now, where I just kicked the Team Aqua grunts out of the museum. I headed north and caught an Electrike. I chucked several Pokeballs before capturing this lil tramp. I'm glad he has a Modest nature. I needed to introduce a second boy on my team of all-stars :3 cough named after PC members. Thank you Mia darling for the bulk of the CSS. I need to capture you and you shall be my squishy Pokemon pet, yush. Until next time...

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
Currently in Slateport -> Mauville (Trick Master House)

Current team looks like this:
Blaziken - 36
Gyarados - 22
Swellow - 24
Nincada (Flash and Cut only...) - 6

Yea, team is incomplete =/

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 15, 2018

2258106-emerald_brendan_screen_large.png

OT: Kirito
ID: 35966
Badges: 1
Pokedex: 9

So I decided to do a quick playthrough of Emerald in order to get all the necessary Gen III Pokemon I was missing from my Pokedex in Black. So, I chose the male protagonist because I do not like May's character sprite. I named myself Kirito after my new favorite anime, any guesses? I chose Torchic because I really want to use some cool water Pokemon this time besides Mudkip (even though I really like Mudkip ^_^). And so far I am searching for Steven to deliver a letter and level grind for the gym battle with Brawly. Ta-ta for now!

255.gif

Torchic
Level 12 | Bashful | Female
Scratch | Growl | Focus Energy | Ember

261.gif

Muffins the Poochyena
Level 12 | Gentle | Female
Tackle | Howl | Sand-Attack

280.gif

Priscilla the Ralts
Level 12 | Quiet | Female
Growl | Confusion | Double Team

276.gif

Jocelyn the Taillow
Level 11 | Quirky | Female
Peck | Growl | Focus Energy | Quick Attack

290.gif

Jonin the Nincada
Level 11 | Gentle | Female
Scratch | Harden | Leech Life | Sand-Attack

270.gif

Dishes the Lotad
Level 12 | Rash | Male
Astonish | Growl | Absorb

^_^ And a special thanks to TwilightBlade for helping with the code. ^_^​

EDIT: Update #2!

Badges: 1
Pokedex: 14

Ugh. Why so down, you may ask? Well let me tell you... While I was enjoying my little grind-fest trying to prepare my team for the Dewford Gym, I happened upon a Shiny Magikarp. Well, my Nincada, Jonin, was in the lead, so he stood guard while I chucked a few Pokeballs at it, while I unsuccessfully attempted to catch it. While my supplies withered to the level 6 Magikarp, I decided maybe it would be a good idea to weaken it before I attempted with another ball. Nincada reached it's little talon/claw-thing and gave it a good Scratch, but obviously she was trained well because she critical-hitted the thing and it fainted before my eyes. Oh the pain. But alas, the training must go on! In better news, Torchic evolved! And I caught a Sableye and nicknamed her Fuscia. Yay!

256.gif

Combusken
Level 16 | Bashful | Female
Double Kick | Growl | Peck | Ember

302.gif

Fuscia the Sableye
Level 10 | Quiet | Female
Leer | Scratch | Foresight | Night Shade

280.gif

Priscilla the Ralts
Level 13 | Quiet | Female
Growl | Confusion | Double Team

276.gif

Jocelyn the Taillow
Level 15 | Quirky | Female
Peck | Growl | Wing Attack | Quick Attack

290.gif

Jonin the Nincada
Level 12 | Gentle | Female
Scratch | Harden | Leech Life | Sand-Attack

270.gif

Dishes the Lotad
Level 12 | Rash | Male
Astonish | Growl | Absorb

^_^ And a special thanks to TwilightBlade for helping with the code. ^_^

EDIT: Update #3 - Will no one play these games besides me?! D:

Badges: 2
Pokedex: 20

Alright, so since my last update I defeated Brawly, who was very easy granted I had a Psychic and a Flying type (not to mention a Fighting type with Peck), and I received my second badge! Afterwards I had the old man sail me to Slateport where I delivered the Goods to the Captain. Two of Team Aqua's lackeys tried to teach me a lesson, but when I swept their teams, there boss Archie came running to find out what the fuss was all about. Then I sailed back to Rustboro, where I received the Exp. Share for my endeavor. Sailing back to Slateport, I left North of town and caught a Female Elektrike. After nicknaming her Lucy, I added her to my team and handed her the Exp. Share, since she wouldn't be learning any decent moves for another 6-8 levels. I eventually leveled up Jonin to 20, resulting in two new Pokemon on my team: Ninjask and it's husk, Shediinja. After researching what I wanted my final team to be, I decided that I really wasn't going to be using Shedinja anyway, since his 1HP would probably screw me over at some point.

So, after boxing the bugs, I was going to focus on raising the others (besides Jocelyn and Dishes) for Mauville's Gym Leader: Wattson. Since I don't have any Ground-types on my team, and I really don't want to train Geodude (Oh god I hate that evolution chain), I decided I was just going to win this battle by brute strength. So now that I've taken out every trainer in every direction of Mauville, I was going to slowly level grind each Pokemon to level 25 before attempting this badge.

Oh, and I realized I still hadn't nicknamed Combusken. So, without further ado, let me introduce to you: Atsila! (Which is Cherokee for fire, because I couldn't find the word for chicken XD)

256.gif

Atsila the Combusken
Level 21 | Bashful | Female
Double Kick | Growl | Peck | Ember

302.gif

Fuscia the Sableye
Level 21 | Quiet | Female
Fury Swipes | Scratch | Fake Out | Night Shade

281.gif

Priscilla the Kirlia
Level 21 | Quiet | Female
Calm Mind | Confusion | Double Team | Teleport

276.gif

Jocelyn the Taillow
Level 20 | Quirky | Female
Double Team | Growl | Wing Attack | Quick Attack

309.gif

Lucy the Elektrike
Level 20 | Rash | Female
Spark | Thunder Wave | Quick Attack | Howl

271.gif

Dishes the Lombre
Level 20 | Rash | Male
Fake Out | Growl | Absorb | Nature Power

Last edited:

Silver Crow

Burst Linker
Years
Hi Zerrah, you are not the only one playing these games~

I've just started Ruby after I managed to procure myself a GBA SP but will be playing it alongside White 2 :3

I've only just gotten my starter after saying Prof Birch from the deadly clutches of Poochyena.

Name: Haruto
Pokémon: Torchic

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Ahaha oh man I forgot about this thread. I started playing Emerald again yesterday even though I've played it like 26 times or whatever so Imma crosspost what I put on tumblr at like three this morning except with better formatting and possibly less swearing because I have ~standards~ for what I put on PC.

It's been three hours since I fell out of the back of a moving van and into the Hoenn region. Many things have happened in those three hours: I moved into a new house; I got a clock; I found someone had hacked my PC and put a Potion in it; I met a ditzy hot professor, his ditzy wife, their hot but mildly sexist son and their small child of indeterminate gender. I also met some homeless people. I received a male Torchic from the hot prof in return for saving him from a baby Zigzagoon. I named my Torchic Turlough and trained him as we walked through Oldale to find the mildly sexist son. Turlough wiped the floor with the sexist son's Mudkip,so the boy and his dad gave me some balls and a Pokédex.

My mother then dug my only pair of shoes out of a box and sent me off on an adventure with no food or supplies. Should have expected that from the woman who locked me in the dark with furniture and no safe seating for the entire ferry journey and drive over. I didn't even have time to use my new room. Or enjoy my clock.

I caught a Zigzagoon named Nyssa on the way to Petalburg. I was going to just stop at the Petalburg PokéCentre but somebody trying to promote tourism or some crap made me go see Dad. He rambled a bit and midway through his boring-ass leader lecture he was interrupted by this weak-looking kid called Wally who apparently was sneaking behind his mollycoddling parents' backs to get a Pokémon before the simpering halfwits shipped him off to Verdanturf. you go, kiddo.

Dad made me help him go catch a 'mon but really I just stood back and watched Wally do the work. Kid's a natural, in my professional opinion. Also I'm lazy. He ended up with a Ralts, thanked Dad and I profusely for doing absolutely nothing, then left for Verdanturf. Good luck to him, I say. Dad finally finished his leader lecture and told me to bugger off. Fine by me.

I wandered around and had a philosophy session with a dude by the big lake. Then I tried to leave Petalburg again but this time got stopped by some dude in stupid-looking shades who basically told me I wasn't worth his time because I didn't have any potential. Gonna kick his ass when I find him next, you wait.

Caught me a Marill named Jamie and a Shroomish named Ace, then met some dude wandering dazed in the forest looking for a Shroomish. I bet I know why he was looking for one, what with the nervousness and paranoia. Although that might have been partially for other reasons, seeing as how he was jumped by a dude in some flash trousers. Being a useless Devon desk worker, he immediately shoved me into the fray and I beat the mugger's ass. Apparently he's part of a team, but if they're all as crap as him there's nothing to worry about. The Devon wimp gave me some ball as a thank-you and then scurried off.

Met a dude at the north end of the forest who proclaimed loudly that he likes to spit seed. Some people really need a filter. Some pretty girls running a flower shop gave me free stuff, which is always nice. And then I dragged my battered body into Rustboro and collapsed in front of the Centre, where some nice women picked me up and put me in a hotel-looking room. Apparently collapsing youth are not an unusual occurrence in these parts.

I think complete collapse from exhaustion after running almost constantly counts as a successful day, yes?

[this is what happens at 3am and what may or may not continue happening for this run of the game xoxox]

Years
Just started seriously playing Emerald a few days ago cause I got a GBA SP.

-Beat the first gym
-mad my way to dewford town
-am now training for the gym
-I am also searching for a magicarp to evolve into a Gyrados.

Here is my team

Geoff the Grovyle lvl. 16

Dino the Shroomish lvl. 13

Tweety the Tailow lvl. 14

Loudmouth the Whimsur lvl. 15

Rocky the Makuhita lvl. 11

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Spr_E_May.png

Trainer Allison
Emerald
50px-Stone_Badge.png
50px-Knuckle_Badge.png

256.gif

Shinell ♀ lv. 24 @ Silk Scarf
Blaze | Serious
[ Ember, Double Kick, Scratch, Peck ]

267.gif

Lucia ♀ lv. 23 @ Miracle Seed
Swarm | Lonely
[ Tackle, Absorb, Morning Sun, Gust ]

309.gif

Nicholas ♂ lv. 23
Lightningrod | Relaxed
[ Spark, Quick Attack, Howl, Thunder Wave ]

300.png
290.png
183.png

Sora | Norton | Aqua

Today, I grinded Lucia and Shinell up to level 20 in Granite Cave then took out Brawly's gym with no trouble at all. We went to Slateport and beat some more trainers and then ran Team Aqua out of the oceanic museum. After that, we caught our third party member Nicholas the Electrike. We grinding him up a bit, beat some trainers, and got through the first Trick House puzzle. We taught Brendan a lesson in how strong we were, and progressed upward towards Mauville!

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 15, 2018

Badges: 5
Pokedex: 33
Wow, it's been a while. I really don't remember most of what happened since my last post, all I know is I'm currently saved in front of Winona waiting to earn my sixth badge. Oh, I do remember that I was going to attempt to catch a Feebas for this run, and when I realized how much of a hassle it would be to evolve it, I decided against it. But, I will say that my team has changed quite a bit.

256.gif

Atsila the Combusken
Level 30 | Bashful | Female
Double Kick | Bulk Up | Peck | Ember

302.gif

Fuscia the Sableye
Level 31 | Quiet | Female
Faint Attack | Scratch | Fake Out | Night Shade

282.gif

Priscilla the Gardevoir
Level 31 | Quiet | Female
Calm Mind | Confusion | Double Team | Psychic

328.gif

Goggles the Trapinch
Level 30 | Rash | Female
Bite | Sand Attack | Faint Attack | Sand Tomb

310.gif

Lucy the Elektrike
Level 31 | Rash | Female
Shock Wave | Thunder Wave | Quick Attack | Howl

271.gif

Dishes the Lombre
Level 20 | Rash | Male
Fake Out | Growl | Absorb | Nature Power

encas

Don't tread on me.
Years
Just recently, I decided to continue my long-neglected Emerald file because I really need to fill up my White 2 Pokedex. In this file, I started with Selda, a female Mudkip, and I didn't catch any other Pokemon until I hit Route 116, where I caught Lola the Skitty.

Currently, I am using my new Mach Bike in order to hatch Shroomish eggs. Since Shroomish doesn't learn Spore until Level 54, I figured it would be a better idea to breed one with the attack rather than wait until Level 54 to get a Breloom. XD

Trainer name: Elke (female)

Current Party:

Selda the Marshtomp (Adamant female, Level 25)

259.gif

Lola the Skitty (Jolly female, Level 21 - due to the five Shroomish eggs in my party, she's boxed for now)

300.gif

.hack

skunkape
Years
Just started playing pokemon again for the first time in a long while and I've been playing through Sapphire Emerald Crystal and blue again.
On my emerald I'm only just at Watson with
267-male-frame1.png
and
253.png
which is a kinda tough battle atm I need more pokemon.
and on my sapphire I'm at the aqua base before the twin gym leader battle and I really like the team I've been using.
257.png
302.png
th_gardevoir_sprite.png
SlakingNormalSprite.gif
Spr_4d_348.png

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2013
the only game I've ever actually beaten was leaf-green and black... I'm not proud of it but that's just how it is although I'm doing an ultimate solo run, so I'm gonna play them all

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
So I've stopped putzing around because I need to get a Tropius for a challenge and now I have about a day to get surf which means I need to get moving. So I beat Roxanne, filled in the rest of my party slots, met Steven, and beat Brawly. Party looks like this:

1. Turlough. Combusken lv 17. Blaze|Mild; Scratch|Peck|Double Kick|Ember
  2. Nyssa. Zigzagoon lv 17. Pickup|Lonely; Tackle|Cut|Sand-Attack|Headbutt
  3. Jamie. Marill lv 16. Thick Fat|Calm; Tackle|Rollout|Tail Whip|Water Gun
  4. Ace. Shroomish lv 16. Effect Spore|Adamant; Mega Drain|Tackle|Stun Spore|Leech Seed
  5. Steven. Taillow lv 16. Guts|Calm; Peck|Growl|Wing Attack|Quick Attack
  6. Koschei. Sableye lv 16. Keen Eye|Jolly; Astonish|Scratch|Foresight|Night Shade

and yeah I know Koschei isn't technically a Classic Who companion but just try to tell me that's not perfect.

Off to Slateport~

Pothus

The Necromancer
Years
Beat the Elite Four (Barely) in FireRed last week. With this team:

Venusaur → Level 50
Kangaskhan → Level 52
Kabutops → Level 56
Raichu → Level 49
Poliwrath → Level 49
Pidgeot → Level 49

Planning on playing them again after I get the "after-Elite-Four-stuff" done. Traded with my friend a bit the other day also. So here's my team as of now:

Gengar → Level 31
Pupitar → Level 32
Bagon → Level 35
Slakoth → Level 14
Aron → Level 16
Trapinch → Level 21

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I just bought Emerald today and I am really enjoying experiencing my favorite region once again. I picked May and named her Kallen after my favorite anime character from Code Geass.

I started off in Littleroot not really remembering what to do, but eventually I went out to the nearby route and Birch was in trouble! I went to his bag and picked a Pokeball randomly and tossed it, commanding the Pokemon inside to come out and help poor Birch.

To my surprise, Torchic came out and he was ready to fight! He beat that mean Zigzagoon in just three hits and then flexed his chicken muscles. I swooned with love for this Pokemon. I hoped one day to get one just like him.

To my surprise, Birch asked me to join him at his lab. As his thanks, he offered me the Torchic that I adored! I was so excited that I picked up my new Pokemon and hugged him tightly.

I then left Littleroot after checking with my mom who gave me these awesome new running shoes. I started running everywhere with the wind going through my hair that wasn't covered by my bandanna. Soon, I found myself in the grass fighting a wild Lotad outside of a nearby town that I forgot the name of. Curse my memory!

This Lotad had quite the look in its eyes and I got it down to low health with Torchic. Then I tossed my Pokeball and he joined my team! We went to Petalburg to see what Dad was up to but before I met up with him, I decided to train my new Lotad a bit in the nearby grass for a while...

May-Haruka-pokemon-23945549-640-480.jpg

Until next time, see ya!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
So, I just beat Hoenn for the first time ever. Specifically, Ruby Version. At the time that Ruby and Sapphire came out, my interest in Pokemon was declining. I was entering middle school, and my video game interests shifted towards games like Halo, Oddworld, and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Pokemon never left my heart, but at the time I had a feeling that it was not as good as GSC. Now, however, I decided to buy a copy and give it a try, since I needed one for Challenges anyway. I have to say, it surprised me quite a bit. While some parts were frustrating, and I even have a few qualms about some of the Pokemon designs in 3rd gen, I found it quite fun.

My starter was Treecko. Most of the time I don't keep my starter, but Sceptile proved itself quite capable, even managing to outspeed many higher level Pokemon in the E4.

After that, I caught a Ralts. I've used Gardevoir before, and I always find it to be quite useful in game, since its not quite as fragile as Alakazam.

I caught a Makuhita as well. Hariyama is one of those Pokemon I always wanted to use, but never really had a chance to. It proved itself a very capable tank, with massive bulk and a nasty attack.

Aron was another Pokemon I always wanted on my team. Aggron was definitely hard to raise, but once I had one it held its own against many Pokemon of higher level in the E4.

My last real catch was Corphish. Once again, Crawdaunt was one of those I always wanted to use. In fact, it was one of the few Pokemon that I actually liked back when I stopped playing Pokemon. Unfortunately, it has almost no physical moves. but it had a high enough SpAtk to function, tearing enemies up with Crab Hammer and Ice Beam.

Last but not least, what would a regular run be without a legendary?! Groudon is definitely not on my list of Pokemon I ever cared about using, but if you're gonna play Ruby, may as well. It was really strong, but I really don't care for it's design or typing. Kyogre is more my style.

I can't wait to start playing challenges on it, but first I have to hunt down the remaining legendary Pokemon, Rayquaza, Latios, and the Regis. Hopefully won't take me long.

encas

Don't tread on me.
Years
So I've made significant progress in my latest Emerald file. I've earned six badges, and since my last post, I've caught a Vulpix (Sylvia), as well as two Timid Pikachu from the Safari Zone. The female from the pair was holding a Light Ball, so I bred them to get Billie, my female Pikachu who won't evolve.

Currently, I'm in the Safari Zone seeking Girafarig and Pinsir for my team. :D

Roster:

037.gif

Sylvia the Vulpix (Lv. 30, Modest female)

260.gif

Selda the Swampert (Lv. 36, Adamant female)

334.gif

Lilly the Altaria (Lv. 36, Calm female)

286.gif

Leon the Breloom (Lv. 36, Jolly male)

025f.gif

Billie the Pikachu (Lv. 36, Timid female)

Mewhundred

Pkmn Trainer
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
It was me and Watson, The third gym leader in R/S/E. we were down to our last pokemon
Me:Combusken
Watson:Manetric
I had a third of HP and he had a little more than me. I thought Manetric was gonna finish me with Shock Wave but he used Quick attack but it missed because i hit him with two Sand Attacks. I finished him with Double kick and thats how i got my third badge in Emerald

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2014
Starting a new Emerald save at the moment.

After awaking in the back of a moving truck I was met by my mother. She introduced me to our new house in Littleroot Town. Being prompted to set my clock in my room I decided to also check the computer in the corner. Potion? Booya.

After missing the segment on TV I decided to go check out the "town" I met May next door but she seemed rather busy so I decided I should go check out the town up the road.

Professor Birch was being chased by a wild pokemon! I had to act fast and grabbed the Mudkip pokeball out of his bag.

Shortly after shooing off the wild pokemon Birch asked me to go battle with May. I got past her quickly and made my way back home. Birch gave me this new gadget called a pokedex, May gave me Pokeballs to catch my own pokemon with and then Mom gave me some running shoes. Pretty good haul I must say so myself.

Coming across my first pokemon in the wild I caught Sitka, a Rash Poochyena.

After letting Mudkip go my new team is as follows:

POOCHYENA; Sitka Lv2 (M)
Rash Nature
-Tackle

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2014
Entry 2

Finally leaving Oldale town Cloud set forth on his adventure on route 102.

Grinding Sitka to level 7 gave me some breathing room for whats to lie ahead.

Youngster Calvin asked me to battle, his Poochyena didn't last long against mine. I leveled up and made 80 dollars. Bug Catcher Rick was next... Taking out his Wurmples in two hits earned me another 62 much needed dollars. Youngster Allen caught me off guard as I had my eyes set on a tree. His Zigzagoon and Tailow were no match for Sitka as he leveled up and earned me 48 more dollars.

Found some berries, which should come in handy later. Lass Tiana bit off abit more than she could chew making short work of her Zigzagoon, her Shroomish went down easily enough but left me poisoned. She handed over 64 dollars and I was on my way.

Arriving in Petalburg city in timely fashion I got Sitka to the PC.

Currently:

Cloud; 8 Pokemon Seen 2 Owned.
268 Dollars

261.gif

POOCHYENA; Sitka Lv10 (M)
Rash Nature
-Tackle
-Howl
-Sand Attack

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.