• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bruce Jenner to announce gender transition

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
While Jenner has yet to officially comment on the situation, they ( I'm using gender neutral pronouns until they specify otherwise) have booked an interview with the lovely Diane Sawyer about what's happening in their life and how it's going to be played out on the documentary that's in the works right now.
Not to mention the lovely comments by Bruce's mother supporting them and basically confirming the situation. Like any article dealing with gender, I advise you to not read the comments.

I naturally think this is a wonderful thing: any person discovering their gender identity and going through with realising it is fantastic, but to have a high profile person go through with transitioning and not be afraid of the public whatsoever is amazing. The likely positive impact this will have is really important considering how few transgender people there are in the spotlight, and particularly of Bruce's age as well. The link to the supportive Jenner/Kardashian family will pretty much guarantee positive discourse on their 48 shows as well, which transgender people desperately need. I'm really hoping this documentary does as much good as I believe it will.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
All signs point to this happening and even the hints from the Kardashian family seem to indicate a transition as well.

It's been speculated on for...maybe a year now? I don't often watch their show (unless forced to by my family) or care about their personal lives, but good for Bruce. Every time I see the show, he always seems so miserable and unhappy, while the photos of him recently seem much more cheerful. If it brings a positive change in his life, then good.

Nobody should have to be miserable when we only get one life to live.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
This is the kind of thing that sparks revolutionary changes, and the fact that it's buzzing in the media so highly will only further influence transgender culture, and I'm excited about it. People first discovering their potential freedom with sexuality, and now gender is really great and a step toward the future. I'm proud of Jenner for going public with this.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
So Bruce Jenner just caused a fatal car crash.... jesus christ. I don't know what to say, to be honest.
This is going to overshadow everything that's been mentioned in this thread... of course, rest in peace to the person killed, but this could not have possibly come at a worse time.

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I thought this whole Bruce Jenner transgender thing was just something the media whipped up because of all of the plastic surgery. It wasn't until a few days ago that I realised anyone was actually serious.

Congratulations if it's true, but it still won't be as big a victory as escaping the Kardashians.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
This has been all over magazines at my work place for weeks now, and I'm glad Jenner is going through it if that's what makes them happy, but I wish the media would leave them alone. The way they word certain articles leaves things to be desired. With the car crash, I'm sad that it happened, and it was a lot of bad luck. I'm sure people are going to try to pin blame where it doesn't belong.

Back