• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shining Opal [FULL GAME RELEASED]

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2016
Hmm... Well it only happened once in the grass... Frequent saving should help limit it. And so far it only happened in the earlier routes which won't be used much later on, so it might not be a serious problem...

Route 1 is the area I was trying to remember.

Last edited:

~Undefined~

Aspiring Pokémon Master...
Years
Hmm... Well it only happened once in the grass... Frequent saving should help limit it. And so far it only happened in the earlier routes which won't be used much later on, so it might not be a serious problem...

Route 1 is the area I was trying to remember.
It's been happening to me too, although more than once. When I was training my Mikachu and Nidoran♂ in Route 1, it happened quite frequently. (It may have happened in Route 2 as well, but I'm not sure)
Lovin' the beta so far (I just got my second badge, god that forest was annoying xD)

EDIT:
I've finished the beta (I'm a bit sad that I can't keep playing it... lol), and it was great! There was a few bugs/glitches but they've all been mentioned I think...
Can't wait for the next release!
~Undefined~

Last edited:

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
look what I made from your game, I made a sprite of Mikachu:
mikachu.png

~Undefined~

Years
look what I made from your game, I made a sprite of Mikachu:
mikachu.png
No offence, but that looks dreadful, and Mikachu belongs to Diego, you can't just sprite random people's fakemon...
The sprite you're already using is fine, Diego.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
when my 3rd Pokemon gets to level 20 the game goes all black and freezes

~Undefined~

Years
So do you have any idea how far the next beta will go, Diego? Like, how many gym badges could we expect to get in beta 3?

Years
well this sounds really good, time to download and have a look at it :D you better not stop making this at any point, i want a full rom one day :P

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Well this story seems like a very bland and normal one with a team, badges, and of course being the best. I have to say one thing though, you really have worked on this and stayed on it so congrats. But... with that I would suggest improving your mapping some and the story. Also make some long and intriguing scripts to really bring in a player. Other than that great job and best of luck on Shining Opal.

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
The Hack actually isn't that glitchy as you thought. You have to really play it before you comment on this.

Yeah, I realized it as I played through it more, it is very fun, but at the beginning I noticed that when I fought a wild pokemon sometimes the game froze and I couldn't access part of the first gym because the screen went red whenever I walked on a certain tile.

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
Nice hack, good luck with it. The mapping is alright.

zlayer200

Sw3den H4ck3r ;d
Years
oh this hack, i knew i played it b4, but i lost it somehow. im glad i found it again, its a nice hack :D

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2023
Im playing the latest beta and i discovered an error in the game in the first gym. All I know is I was fighting the trainers before gym leader and the screen turned RED and freezes. Its the trainer on the "right bottom" in the gym. He walk up and ready to fight me and BOOM! there is the Error. Hope this gets fixed.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Im playing the latest beta and i discovered an error in the game in the first gym. All I know is I was fighting the trainers before gym leader and the screen turned RED and freezes. Its the trainer on the "right bottom" in the gym. He walk up and ready to fight me and BOOM! there is the Error. Hope this gets fixed.
Fixed.
Everybody avoid that part of the gym for now.

Back