• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harvest Moon Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
Well, мizuκi and I were talking earlier about setting up a Harvest Moon RP. Due to the nature of the series, however, it will take some degree of dedication. Because, hey! We can't set up a small town and a farm or two without people to live there. XD

Another problem is thinking up a driving force to point it in the right direction. We could give it some sort of objective, or we could let it go however and leave it as an "everyday life" sort of deal.

Basically, if anyone is interested, leave a word or two here, so we can decide if we actually want to do this. XD

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
I think it'd be an interesting experiment regardless of whether or not you initiate it publicly. I'd be more deterred from a structured plot with a RP based on a simulation game, but free-roam may become unbalanced and further put people off. It's difficult to tell, since we're not sure of the amount of people who may be willing to participate, but I'd think it'd be worth discussing at least. Plot ideas, structure and character involvement come to mind with a HM RP.

Xerion

Snap, Crack, Break!
Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2008
I'd join it. Harvest Moon has been a cool favorite of mines =).

-Xerion

Jack O'Neill

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
Worried about your simple farming village turning into the next Silent Hill? Well, just try to roll with the punches, then. xD

That said, I'd definitely be interested in something like this.

Craig²

H a p p y☆
Years
Heh. I actually brought this up in my thread about Harvest Moon in the OG section. I'm glad someone took the initiative to make one because well, I don't think I could've.

Yes I'd totally join. It'll be interesting to see how it works out.

Though it will be a bit difficult to plan it out and format the RP correctly and give it a nice plot, I'm totally up to aiding in its creation and discussing it. I've always wanted to do this kind of thing.

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
There's more people interested in Harvest Moon then I'd imagined. :x Including people who don't usually RP. :OO

I think it'd be easy to steal a little something something from each Harvest Moon game.

But would we take it with occupations, like, somebody is the farmer, somebody is the mailman, librarian, livestock dealer, tool dealer and all that stuff? :O

To make something like this work, we'd all have to have lot's of characters. :/

Or am I just thinking too literally when it comes to Harvest Moon? D:

YAY FOR FESTIVALS

Lul are we going to have like 5 girls to 1 guy? *lululul*

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
You can have multiple farmers (of either gender), but then you'd need a farm for each, and that would just overload the detail in the RP's setting. Of course, all of those who want to be farmers can share a farm, but then, that might get overcrowded and too unmanageable.

As for the other characters, I don't think there'd be much problem with people taking the initiative of running the local store or being the mailman, it would just be hard to carry it out on a day-to-day basis (in the RP, not real life). I mean, if your character was the town's florist, would you just post about what you did all day in the shop? How many customers came in? How much money you made? That'd be kind of dull. And of course you could always just tend the store and then leave whenever an event happens, but then the credibility of the RP realistically, would be shot, since most successful store owners don't just leave their stores whenever they want so they can bet on horses in the town square.

Although, if the RP isn't being taken so seriously, then I have no argument as of yet.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
YAY FOR FESTIVALS

Lul are we going to have like 5 girls to 1 guy? *lululul*

Festivals? More girls than guys? Cat fight festival FTW! xD *Shot for sexist remark*

Umm...yeah, I'd be willing to give it a shot and the style is certainly something that hasn't been tried in a while. :3 Anyways, I think having everyone as farmers would be pretty lame. Maybe, like, one or a few at most, because the town needs more variety in cast to be...well, alive if you get my meaning and having NPCs do all of it wouldn't be too cool. So yeah, I'm pretty much for the occupations thing. Of course you could always start with having NPCs fill in as necessary and then replace them (Moving, retirement, natural causes etc.) as you get actual RPers to fill the slots. On the aimlessness: having too much aim would go a bit against the spirit of the thing, but maybe festivals and some freak accidents (Big storm tearing up someone's house, shipping being cut off...that kind of thing) could be used to liven things up. Or...if you want to take it to the extreme you might do something with the harvest goddess or the sprites. (Divine quest or whatever) Harvest Moon is more about character interaction and the every day stuff, though...the way I see it, at least. :3 Mind you, Phanima: the festivals are such a big thing for the folks that there's not much point in staying at the store when they're in progress (Since your potential customers are out having fun). Plus, all establishments have their closing hours and holidays. Sneaking out of the shop in the middle of the day on the premise of 'my character event sense is tingling' would, however, be a bit harder to justify. xD

Last edited:

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
Harvest sprites... those crazy little things. XD

For how we have jobs and such set up, I think it would probably be best to try and stray away from owning a shop as much as possible (unless of course, you have employees that work there for you, so you can do whatever the hell you want. XD) We should probably limit ourselves to one or two actual farms, and then have the small town. Though, it'll make little sense if our farm owners aren't at least 18 years of age, and even that's pushing it. XD Other jobs like archaeologist pretty much have no set agenda, so those wouldn't be problematic. Though we might have to think on this some more.

What I was thinking is that we could have certain NPCs controlled by certain groups of people, so that we always have someone around to control them without having everyone control everyone and all the NPCs ending up in two places at once. XD By that I mean, say there was a family, and Phanima, AE, and I were assigned to NPC them or something, while we have another group of NPCs with another group of members responsible for them.

Are there any geographical quirks anyone wants to add to the town? I'm thinking going along with something like AWL, but I was wondering if anyone has any preferences.

Also, it'd be best if you say what you have in mind for your character, that way we'll be able to plan faster and more efficiently, because we'll know who we have. This will also allow us to start discussing possible character relationships (as in, who's friends with who and such).

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Hmm...so basically, are we supposed to declare what kind of characters we had in mind or just their positions in the town? Well, I was thinking a guy, yes guy as in male, who has this ambition of becoming a florist. He's sort of a nice-but-slightly-pushover type (Dang, it's so hard to explain properly without a profile. >.<) and has problems with his dad (A carpenter by trade who wants his son to get a proper man's job). So...I could handle that and the person who runs the florist shop he works at (Although he's only doing it part-time), if that's alright. He's just a silly little character that popped into my head, though, so I haven't nailed down the specifics yet. :3

As for geographical thingies...well, some place with a bit of a mysterious/magical feel to it would be nice (Mountain, clearing in a forest, w/e) and could work just in case we want to involve sprites or whatever. ^-^

Last edited:

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
Yeah, little details about your character or characters (I'm putting a cap on three. XD). For example, I'm thinking of going with a pair of traveling performers consisting of a brother sister duo around the age range of 15-18. No clue what kind of performers yet, but they travel while looking for their parents, that supposedly abandoned them, and they got a lead that brought them to a town. I'm thinking of making them twins, not sure yet. As much as I'd love to do a farm, I live on one IRL and thus would rather not. It's already weird enough playing HM inside when I have an actual farm outside. XD

Xerion

Snap, Crack, Break!
Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2008
Wow, now i have to brain storm on what I want him to do? Oh, how about a vantriliquist, he's just starting out at the age of 19. Maybe he can have a sister that helps him make new puppets. But, there parents dont know about them doing the whole Vantriliquist thing. So they keep it a secret, but they live on the farm.

Yeah, worst idea ever. I need to brainstorm somemore...

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
I'd definately join. I love ther Harvest Moon games, so why wouldn't I like this? (I started playing since AWL for the GCN.) I'm having a lot of fun with my pokemon RP, and I like to write a lot so this would be a lot of fun. I'd want my character to be a musician, not really sure about any other characters but I'll make at least one more. Maybe there could be a music festival on the beach and he could sing there. He's kinda like Gustafa, but not a hippie.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Do I notice just a hint of mockery in your signature, Xerion? That's not a very nice thing to do, especially since guy also has the less common meaning of 'person of either gender'. =O

Anyways, if it's a three character limit then I'll go for florist and florist's assitant and leave the third one open for now. (I'm probably leaving florist boy's dad dead, sort of a haunting memory for him. :3) More details to come as I make them up. ^-^

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Of course, I call dibs on the bartender. The only Harvest Moon occupations I ever roleplay are:

Shipper
Bartender
Waitress

:3 So I'll probably have a male Shipper who's super whatever *lulz* and a female Bartender who can really hold her alcohol. :< Otherwise, I've got no particular details, since the shipper is my basic harvest moon OC, and the girl I've only got extremely arrogant and confident personality.

Rena

i WILL save this patient!
Years
OH HARVEST MOOHN.

So yesh, I like Harveset Moon, and I've been playing the games a lot, I think that a Harvest Moon Roleplay would be soo super-totally-awesomely awesome. I already have some idea's of characters in mind.

First, a young female mailwoman who's is just starting out, with a llot of perk, and is very naive and gullible, while she strives to survive in her small one-girl farm, with her younger sister. While the other one a female animal trainer who also performs in the circus, with a lion and a tiger, who is very spunky and has an air of arrogance around her, who has lived in the circus for all her life, and thinks imagination is the best thing of all, while people also think of her as cute.

Beatrice

OH DESIRE
Years
Holy Snapple, I live breathe and eat Harvest Moon since it first came out for Gameboy o.o Rune Factory, anyone?~

I'd loooove to be a part of this, my favorite character is Elli, so I'd love to be a nurse...or a librarian...or maybe the random traveling person who's just looking for fun =w=. Hehe, this would be fun, I'm interested.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
Your farming village can and will need a law enforcement body, which is kinda where I come in. I was thinking I'd play the entire town constabulary; with the playable character limit at three, there's room for the chief and two deputies. I'm tempted to model my characters on Clancy Wiggum and his two aides, but I think I'll try to play it serious this time around; even so, my portion of gameplay might end up closer to a cross between Hot Fuzz and the SWAT series than actual Harvest Moon. XD

I'm just curious, but what's the general tech level of Harvest Moon? Can my officers wield Mark 23s, MP5s, and M4 Carbines, or are they limited to Tommy guns, Browning Automatic Rifles, and Smith & Wesson revolvers? Are firearms even available in the first place?

Beatrice

OH DESIRE
Years
Wow, Jack, it's a village, not an industrial military base! XD
Or maybe there could be some important item/person living there...and/or hidden there. Being part of a conspiracy would be fun o3o

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Your farming village can and will need a law enforcement body, which is kinda where I come in. I was thinking I'd play the entire town constabulary; with the playable character limit at three, there's room for the chief and two deputies. I'm tempted to model my characters on Clancy Wiggum and his two aides, but I think I'll try to play it serious this time around; even so, my portion of gameplay might end up closer to a cross between Hot Fuzz and the SWAT series than actual Harvest Moon. XD

I'm just curious, but what's the general tech level of Harvest Moon? Can my officers wield Mark 23s, MP5s, and M4 Carbines, or are they limited to Tommy guns, Browning Automatic Rifles, and Smith & Wesson revolvers? Are firearms even available in the first place?

Heh, I don't think there's a single instance of a gun in HM (In a way it's a crying shame; I mean, shouldn't a lone farmer get to keep a teensy-weensy little shotgun with which to shoo away the pesky door-to-door salesman? Apparently not. T_T). I mean, they're usually set in idyllic, small town settings where the most serious charge around is littering or skipping out on a bar tab, so there's usually only a symbolic one-man police force. But you know...that doesn't mean that you can't play a police guy from a big city who likes to see rapists, terrorist bombers, arsonists, and serial murderers around every corner and prepares accordingly. xD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back