• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weirdest glitch you've ever had?

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
I have a permanant Berry Glitch in my Sapphire. I've changed the battery and updated the berry program and it's still there. One day, I got sick of it and started a new game, set the time to ten minutes before midnight, grabbed my Action Replay and went to Lilycove to do the lottery. I got there at five to midnight and did the lottery, waited seven minutes and did the lottery again. It appears the glitch is confined to my save game as a new game fixes it. I'm not surprised as I've messed with Action Replay and gotten two bad eggs in that save file.

What's the weirdest glitch you have ever had?

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
You know the old cloning process you could do with Silver and Gold version?
Where you like deposit a pokemon into a box but turn the game off during the saving process so it will keep a pokemon in your party but also depositing it into your box as well? Well. I dun it one too many times with a Chansey. Next thing I know every pokemon I had in that box disappeared and the next time I turned on my game the save file corrupted.

MORAL OF THE STORY!
To get a little head you need some bread.
Don't cheat.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Years ago, I ended up dropping my Crystal cartridge on some pavement. I had about 200 pokemon in the game overall, and I had over a hundred hours of playtime, so I was praying that nothing had happened to it. When the gameboy came on, the intro was a little glitchy, but I was able to load up my save just fine. My party was alright, but when I checked my PC boxes, all my pokemon had been....spliced or something. I had a caterpie with whirlwind, a magikarp with crazy moves like flamethrower, and so many other pokemon with unlearnable moves. Other than that, my game worked fine.

The good thing about all of it was that I could use those glitch Pokemon in Pokemon Stadium 2! Seeing my Golem use fly was something else.

Years
Not really that weird but I used the cloning glitch on Emerald like 500 times and ended up with all my boxes filled with Zubats but i had a HEAP of masterballs cos i cloned him while holding it. Needless to say, no Pokemon ever escaped me again.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I witnessed Pokemon sex changes. I was playing DPPt (I can't remember which exactly of the three, but it was one of them) and Lucas started off with a female Chimchar. I was mad cause you know, female starters are harder to come by. But THEN. When I battled alongside him in Jubilife City...it was male. What happened there? I think I blogged about it on here too, haha.

Years
I witnessed Pokemon sex changes. I was playing DPPt (I can't remember which exactly of the three, but it was one of them) and Lucas started off with a female Chimchar. I was mad cause you know, female starters are harder to come by. But THEN. When I battled alongside him in Jubilife City...it was male. What happened there? I think I blogged about it on here too, haha.

I remember Marriland going through the same thing in his Diamond and Platinum videos. There is that chance of Lucas/Dawn's starter being female in the catching tutorial but afterwards its official gender is classified as male. I always laughed at that sometimes when I witnessed it in a Diamond/Pearl/Platinum playthrough.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I don't remember how I got this to happen, but in my Gold version, whenever I deposited a Pokemon in box 7 or 8 (can't remember anymore), the Pokemon would glitch. Most of the time, it would remove letters from the OT. My OT was BRIAN, and it kept turning the OT of the deposited pokemon into IAN and AN. One time, I deposited something and got a level 100 Hitmontop. That was the only way I got a Hitmontop in GSC, haha.

Romaov

Orra
Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2016
Pokemon Diamond I swear I used a masterball on dialga IT DIDN'T CATCH.

Pinta77

This sounds like the perfect circumstances for some creepypasta to be born :P

So in Crystal, if you choose the male character, restart and choose the girl, save but turn it off as it is saving, then you will be a male character with a blue overworld pallate. It will last until you lose a battle. And it works vice versa. I swear.

Years
One of the glitches I remember coming across on Yellow was having my Pidgeot get stuck in the air against Agatha. I believe what had happened was one of her Pokemon confused my Pidgeot, and then I decided to use Fly. While Pidgeot was on the second turn of Fly, it hurt itself in its confusion, and never came down. I remember I was still able to Sky Attack while stuck up in the air, and her Pokemon couldn't attack me. I eventually had to use Fly again (Pidgeot came back down) since Sky Attack ran out of PP, but it was neat being immune to Agatha's attacks for 4 or 5 turns.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I remember once I was playing my Platinum and was training my togetic. I entered a battle and after the black screen had gone the box appeared on the screen with no words in it. After I reset the game and entered another battle the same thing happened.

so I got a Glitchy Togetic

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
The cloning glitch in Gold and Silver probably. In Gold and Silver if you deposit a Pokemon into a box, then switch boxes, and then turn the power off in the middle of the saving process before switching boxes, you will have a clone of the Pokemon you deposited. I'd take advantage of this glitch by cloning Pokemon I really wanting to have second versions of , mostly legendaries. My friend would also use the glitch to clone Lugia from his Silver and he would trade them to me so I could sue them on my teams to beat the E4. Never really got a legit Lugia in my Gold version, lol.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
The cloning glitch in Gold and Silver probably. In Gold and Silver if you deposit a Pokemon into a box, then switch boxes, and then turn the power off in the middle of the saving process before switching boxes, you will have a clone of the Pokemon you deposited. I'd take advantage of this glitch by cloning Pokemon I really wanting to have second versions of , mostly legendaries. My friend would also use the glitch to clone Lugia from his Silver and he would trade them to me so I could sue them on my teams to beat the E4. Never really got a legit Lugia in my Gold version, lol.

That's how I got my army of level 100 Snorlax's

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
I've used an AR code to get bad eggs out of my PC boxes; at least one such code replaces them with a Mew. Later, I learned that this code was randomly replacing some of my prize breeding stock with Mews; from then on, I decided to use Pokégen to delete the bad eggs manually.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Way back in Pokemon Blue I got the idea of training a Rhyhorn, so I went to Cerulean Cave (since it's the best training spot) and leveled it up. Mostly I withdrew him, since his level was so low, except for Chansey (since it's easy to beat with physical attacks and brings a ton of EXP). Everytime a Chansey appeared, I left him out to finish it of.

After a while I got stuck in another battle with a Chansey, which had used Minimize. I wanted to check Rhyhorns stats and went into the menu. After I checked how much EXP he needed I returned to the battle and found myself in some weird graphical glitch:

The sprites of Rhyhorn and the minimized Chansey had switched places and the "enemy Rhyhorn's" sprite was glitched. I got scared and switched out for Blastoise but the enemy sprite kept unchanged, so I fled from the battle.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Probably DPBox. I obtained it intentionally with an AR on Diamond version. That was pretty cool.

I don't think I've encountered any other glitches, though. Aside from cloning via GTS glitch.

Last edited:
Years
The weirdest glitch I've experienced would be when I first activated glitch dimension by pure accident in Gold Version nearly 10 years ago. I had placed my Game Boy color down on a table hard enough that it caused the game to reset itself, and glitch dimension appeared. It scared me at first, but then I liked it how I was able to navigate the dark caves without the use of Flash. That's when the glitch came in handy! :P

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
It happened to me recently. PLaying MD: Gates to infinity and fighting Kyreum in the final battle and he just froze all of a sudden. Like he was paralyzed but he was normally status immune. I did take advantage of that.

Back