• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Midnight: A Darker than Black RP (M) (IC)

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
So much was vying for attention in Kendal's mind he didn't even react as the woman pushed him and just fell over, usually when he scanned someone he would just see one or two things but ALL of the kid's memories were racing through his brain, a few tears dripped down his face at the death of the boy's family. . By the time he realized what might be useful the other two were already at the door. Kendal got up and ran to them trying to formulate the words properly before he opened his yapper so that the woman would listen to him, she seemed big on first impressions and hadn't noticed him say he was trying to help.

"Woah ho ho-hold on! I'm not with that pyro jerk, if I was why would I be hiding? I don't have raw killing power like you two, the kid was losing control, he was pretty close to freezing you if I hadn't distracted him. In fact he's still on the edge, I can tell you're the take charge type and don't trust easily, none of our kind do but how about you slow down for a moment and let somebody else help you." Kendal leaned closer to the boy, not close enough to whisper but to lower his voice to a relaxing tone. "Chris don't worry, we're not like the rest of them, my name is Kendal and we're just bringing you back to Seth, how about it you wanna see Seth again right?" Kendal offered his hand to Chris, remembering how he sometimes held John's hand for a feeling of safety.

Years

Chris and John

Chris had fallen asleep as soon as Shion picked him up. He felt warm. John stood in front of Shion with a sence of jealousy. Why can't I do that?

Chris suddenly woke up and made his way out of Shion's arms. "Seth? Who are those people?" He said with a tired tone as he walked towards John. Seth had completely forgotten about everything that had recently happened. This surprised John, because this wouldn't happen very often.

John picked him up and started walking in the opposite direction. "Thank you for your helpfulness you two!" John said as he waved goodbye.

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Alex Brody

Alex stepped onto the boat and steadied his footing as the boat rocked back and forth. He sat down and fixed the collar on his jacket. "Feels weird not being in armour" Alex thought to himself. Just then a small old man got into the boat, sat down and picked up the two oars that were placed at each side of the boat. As the man started to row, Alex sat in silence and didn't say a word. As they finally reached the dock in the city after what felt like an hour, Alex jumped off and the man proceeded to row away. "Hey wait I don't know where to …. " Alex shouted at the man as he rowed back to Alcatraz. ".. go" Alex said quietly.

He exhaled heavily and walked up the flight of stairs that would take him up to street level. Once he reached the top, he took a look around and seen the destruction and poverty which riddled these streets. Once a place filled with people commuting and rushing from one place to the other, now a desolate wasteland filled with nothingness.

"Come in Alex" said a familiar voice from what seemed to be his collar. "Hello?" Alex responded hastily. "Alex this is your CO. I forgot to tell you that we have a temporary base of operations set up for you in the inner city. I can be located in apartment 23 in the city centre." "Okay roger that, I'll head there right away" Alex yet again responding. The small device in his collar fell silent, and Alex proceeded to walk through the streets to his destination, sticking to the sidewalks and back allays to avoid drawing any attention.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years

Carley Roberts

"There's no need to kill anyone in here and subject yourself to the authorities foul treatment. Why don't you take a few deep breaths, put those away and leave. Trust me miss, nobody in this joint is going to be reporting you." Carley glared at the man who had addressed her. "Who the hell do you think you are, telling me what to do ?!" She stopped to breathe

Maybe he's right.... I can't jeopardize my mission Carley gave the bartender a look of pure menace and whipped the top of his head with the butt of her pistol. "You got lucky this time, *****" As she turned away from the now unconscious man she saw something that caught her eye.

A man with long brown hair, freckles all over his face, missing all his teeth, and a short beard. That's him! Carley's eyes opened wide and she smiled. There's gonna be one less piece of trash on the streets tonight. She walked quickly by the man "Please come speak to me outside... I have a special surprise for you." Carley purred to the man in the most seductive of voices. He responded with a toothless grin and he followed in pursuit.

Carley walked with a swift pace... she didn't want anyone working with Charlie to get involved. Things could get ugly if another contractor showed up. "So where are we going?" The man said to her. He was starting to lag behind. "You'll see soon enough." Carley turned into an empty alleyway. "Here we are... shall we get started?" Charlie ran towards the much smaller woman. She smiled sweetly and pulled out her two revolvers. "You never answered me... shall we get started?"

Sephear

Years
Kendal watched John carry Chris away and wondered why they said so little before walking away. I guess they don't really need anybody else...I'm kinda jealous that they have companions in each other Kendal turned to the woman and decided he'd at least try to speak to her before she left.

"So, considering the circumstances it's pretty obvious you're a contractor like me, I'm kind of curious what your story is. Oh where are my manners, you already heard my name so if I may what's your name? It ain't every day I find a pretty girl in this live-in pile of rubble we call San Fran." He tried to offer a reassuring smile, hoping the woman had calmed down a bit by then.

Years

Leon Blair

"Who the hell do you think you are, telling me what to do ?!" Leon had been about to retort but the woman seemed to calm herself slightly by breathing deeply, although she still managed to spit an insult at the terrified bartender.
He deserved to be scared like that really, but I can't go letting strange women get in the way of missions.

Leon was about to sit back down when he noticed the same woman from earlier speak to a shorter man with brown hair and freckles and lead him out the door. That man, was Charlie - the man that Leon was supposed to be delivering the files he had stolen too. The repulsive man, who worked for one of Leon's frequent employers, had always been far too easily wooed by women.
Oh no. That woman must be working for my employers competition... his employer being the leader of criminal syndicate known as TALON, it was a far reaching group with influences all across the United States as well as some select other countries but it was facing a lot of inner turmoil as some of the younger higher-ups of the organisation were beginning to push for their near-elderly leaders power - some with a great deal of success.
I don't care about their power struggles, nor about that disgusting man, but I need to complete my job to get paid. I could just let her kill him and take the money, that would be logical in a lot of ways. But it would ruin my reputation with TALON and make it harder to get work.
Leon picked up his satchel, slung it over his shoulder and hurried out the murky taverns door.

Leon noticing the woman head down a nearby alley followed hurriedly after, making sure that his pouch of ball bearings was easy to reach, that he could access his melee weapons and that he had everything else he may need with him.
Hopefully I won't have to use my ability and attract the SRCA, but that will probably be unlikely. Fight between contractors can get pretty brutal.

Leon rounded the corner to see her aiming her weapons at Charlie, who was now pressing himself against the wall and looking much the same as the bartender from earlier did. Leon reacted instantly removing a single ball bearing from his pouch, using his ability on it and tossing it in front of the woman. An instant later the tiny sphere shattered as it gave way to a moderately sized explosion.
"Hide you idiot!" Leon shouted at Charlie, who under the cover of the smoke climbed into a large bin.

Years
Chris and John

Chris awoke screaming. "Hey sleepy head..." John said in an emotionless and awkward way. "How was your sleep?"

Chris stopped screaming. He looked up at John and then down at his bloody clothes. John must have stopped and washed him off, because his skin was clean. "I think it was just another bad dream" he explained. Chris's body felt terrible.

"What was it about this time?" John looked down at Chris, and watched as Chris grabbed tightly onto his shirt. John worried slightly about him.

"Do you think mommy went to a better place Seth?" Chris's grip tightened more on John's shirt. John stopped walking. And stared at Chris for what felt like forever. What ever went through this child's mind, was something that not even a emotionless doll could handle.

"I'm not sure Chris... mommy did a lot of bad things" John began walking again at a slower pace. Chris hid his face in John's shirt. John could feel his skin underneath his shirt begin to dampen. He was sure that Chris was crying yet again. He didn't blame Chris for being this way though.

"Am I a bad person Seth?" John stopped again and set Chris down. Chris was now laying on the ground covering his face. "I think I'm a bad person..."

"Why do you believe that?"

"Because I hurt people..."

"So what?" This shocked Chris. Had John really just said that? Chris uncovered his face and looked up at John. "So what? I've hurt people too, haven't I?"

"Well... yes you have but..."

"But what?"

"But you hurt people to protect me."

"And I know that you would do the same for me." John smiled and pulled Chris to his feet. Chris took John's hand and began to walk again.

Last edited:

PsychoticMoonlight

Beautiful Insanity
Years

Shion Hougi

Shion looked to Kendal wearily. "I'm Shion. And your dead, if you don't move." Shion said pushing him, and sparking the trail of water she had made. Each different split led to a gas tank. A few seconds later the building exploded into flames. Shion gritted her teeth, burning another bolt into her neck. Shion looked to Kendal again. "When you looked at Chris..." She began. "What did you see?" She asked. Shion had seen Kendal's face after looking at Chris. He had obviously seen something. That man Chris was with. The sadness in his voice. Shion had to know. What was he afraid of?

Sakumaru Tendo

Saku got out just in time. He could have been blown to bits if he hadn't followed John. Saku was starting to get bored. Saku decided to stop hiding and stepped behind John. Saku said nothing, but he did look at the boy. This doll had a connection to a contractor, and Saku wanted to know what. Saku was told the doll's name was John, but the boy called him Seth.
"Why does he call you Seth? I thought your name was John." Saku said with a grin. This boy was obviously traumatized by somethin in his past.

Sephear

Years
Kendal looked at Shion for a second after she pushed him, but it was clear that she wasn't threatening him, just warning him and she had no intention of attacking him for no reason. "Well as I'm sure you know, that kid had a hard life, I mean we all did but....." Kendal looked away, not wanting some woman he had just met to see his face scrunch up, he was no softy but when he saw someone's memories he could feel their emotions in his own mind, after all he didn't just have the memories, they were in the person's mind and thus had their own inflections. Not much of a story on his dad...they didn't spend that much time together before...well how many contractors have healthy parents anyways? His mother...I don't know if she was broken by the death of her husband or if she just wasn't a good mother but she didn't accept Chris for what he was. Eventually her treating him like a freak made him snap, like he was about to before I looked into his eyes...if I had known it would make him relive all that I...usually I only see bits and pieces of a person's thoughts or memories but with him...EVERYTHING flooded into my mind. Kendal's eyes began to water against his will as he felt the horror of Chris' memory mixed with his own. "Sorry to get off topic, eventually he snapped and froze everything around him...he wasn't too broken up about his mom at the time at least but...his baby brother was in the room when it happened, his name was Seth."

Kendal looked at Shion again, hoping the pain didn't show on his face and intentionally looked at her cheeks or her hair in an attempt to avoid her eyes and invade her privacy and decided to finally relieve the itch that had been in the back of his head since he used his power on Chris. "You know, I don't remember my family. I remember almost my whole life as a human but everywhere my family should be is just...faceless, nameless silhouettes, really makes me wish there were more regular kind people in this day and age." Kendal sighed happily as he payed off his obeisance.

Last edited:

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Alex Brody

Alex finally reached the apartment block that his temporary base of operations was set up in. He headed in and started to climb the stairs, it was dank, dirty and worst of all completely silent. You could hear a pin drop in this place. As he reached the floor on which his room was located, he noticed a man standing in the hall, Alex nodded his head and squeezed passed him, afterwards the man simply said nothing and walked away.

"Weird … Anyway here I am apartment 23" Alex thought to himself. As he opened the door the place was a dump. It was dirty, messy and all the widows were boarded up. He closed the door behind him and took a look around, nobody else here, just himself. He took off his hat and ran his fingers through his hair as he exhaled deeply. He also removed the pistol from under his jacket and placed it on a small table. He put his hat back on and walked over to one of the windows. "Just about enough room through the gaps of the wood to make out the street below" he mumbled.

His mission was to observe the contractors and learn their behaviour, not to go waving a pistol around shooting at every person he suspected to have some kind of supernatural ability. He rummaged around the apartment to see what he could find. He soon found exactly what he needed, paper and a pencil. He quickly started making a sketch of the street he was in, heading to all the windows, peeking out and then noting down all the allay ways and dimly lit areas in this street. If he was to find out more about these contractors, he had to play it smart. He had to know every possible way they could traverse this street.

Now where would one find out more information about what goes on in these streets? Alex clicked his fingers together, grabbed his gun and headed out the door.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years

Carley Roberts

"Bloody hell..." Carley groaned. She didn't want any trouble. Especially not with someone who seemed like a contractor. The smoke was as thick as ever and Carley only had split seconds to decide on her next move. To kill... Or not to kill... She lunged forward and used her incredible speed to gain momentum. Carley then let her fist go through the thigh of the man named Charley.

Not enough to kill him... but it will put him out of commission for quite some time. Carley knew this would make her employers furious. Maybe even to the point where they kick her out and try to murder her, but she didn't care. Carley kicked the crying man on the ground and spit on him. She was already growing exhausted from the use of her power and needed to pay her price soon and she definitely wasn't giving lip to Charley.

Wait... That was a male voice that called for him to hide! Carley used the last of her remaining strength to sprint out of the alley way. However as she saw a figure on her way out, she slowed herself down just enough, to give that person a soft kiss. Then she kept going.

Carley finally reached the small apartment that she owned. Exhausted from all the running that she had to do that day she collapsed on her bed and looked up at the fan turning on the ceiling. What was she gonna do? It was a stupid move on her part to not kill Charley but, she couldn't risk the chance of fighting another contractor. They might understand that, but most filthy bounty companies didn't.

She sighed. No one could understand the **** that she had trudged through and the mess that she was in now. She had no one to talk to about it. She had no one to rely on anymore. Carley's eyes teared up. Out there she was so strong but, inside it hurt. Carley had lost everything because of her powers and now she was just a hollow shell of herself. She lay there on the bed, and cried herself to sleep.

Years

Leon Blair

Leon saw as the woman put her fist, literally, through Charlie's leg amazed at the incredible speed she moved.
Contractor... definitely a contractor. I was most certainly right about that. Leon was preparing to attack the woman again when in another blur of motion he felt a pressure on his lips that was once again gone in an instance.
Did she just do what I think she did? What the hell kind of an obeisance is that?!

Leon didn't have much time to ponder on the strange experience he grabbed the wounded Charlie by the back of his shirt collar and, kicking the side door of the building open, drew him into an old stairwell that both looked and smelled as bad as, if not worse, than the tavern he had been in. Charlie was screaming in agony and shouting obscenities at the top of his lungs.
"Will you shut the hell up!"
"I don't take orders from contractor scum like yourself!"
"Oh really?" Leon stated coolly, the venom in his voice not masked at all "Considering that I could blow you up and easily blame it on that woman, as well as just take my money, I'd think you'd be more polite. But I suppose that's not the case." Leon reached into the man's bag and took his money before withdrawing his merchandise from his own and dropping it at his feet. Leon walked out of the decrepit building, slamming the door behind him, and began to walk down the streets of San Francisco towards the apartment he was using as a temporary base of operations.

He was soon to arrive at an apartment complex with several heavily boarded windows, like many others in the area. He entered the quiet building and soon found himself in the small, shoddy and scarcely furnished room where he was intending to settle for the night.
"Hmm... I might cop some backlash from leaving Charlie there like that, he's only on the lower rungs of the organisation but he could have died of blood loss and the documents could have been easily taken from his corpse. I guess I'll just have to be careful with them for the time being... and weary of that woman too." He finished his conversation with himself before he relaxed in the tiny bed that the room came with. He probably wouldn't sleep any time soon but he was done for that day at least.

Years
Chris and John

Will Chris trust a new person?

John turned to the pale face of Saku. "Why does he call you Seth? I thought your name was John" saku smirked in a creepy way.

John looked at Chris and simply stated "Its okay, he's a good person." Chris nooded and stared at Saku. John looked in his direction once again. He was wondering why Saku was fallowing him? "He calls me Seth because that's my name." He put on his fake smile again.

"He's my little brother!" Chris kept staring at Saku. "Haven't you ever had family?"

Sephear

Years
Kendal wandered through the streets once again pondering just what he would do next. Well that whole ordeal was more than I bargained for, then again everything always is. He shook his head at his own naivete. The day I learn to mind my own business is the day my life becomes so much easier. Crap...where am I gonna sleep tonight?

After a few more minutes of walking Kendal began to think back to the SRCA agent he had killed a couple of days ago. So I guess they're gonna step up searching for contractors in the area, I hope the kid stays safe...I should be able to handle myself with some caution, smarts, and my own brand of 'interrogation'. As for that woman, she takes the term 'spark plug' to a whole knew level, I'm sure she'll be fine, she seems like the loner type anyways. He kept walking, and walking, having no idea where he was going until he stopped in front of what SEEMED like a regular empty building.

The building was damaged and decrepit like so many in San Francisco, just another thing that made Kendal wonder why it sounded like most of the world was fairly undamaged from the whole catastrophe, yet here of all places was practically a wasteland. He picked an empty room in the building and poured over the contents of his rucksack before duct taping the broken strap back together and eating some canned ravioli. So much better than just beans, I love you anonymous bandits, thanks for getting Chef Boyardee before your inevitable demise. After he was done eating he set up a trip wire with some rocks at the door of the room so he couldn't be snuck up on and laid out his sleeping bag for some much needed rest.

PsychoticMoonlight

Beautiful Insanity
Years

Sakumaru

Saku grinned evily. Sei's grin disappeared when chris said something strange. "He's my little brother! Haven't you ever had family?" The boy said still staring at Saku. Sei laughed maniacally. "Heh. Your 'Seth' is a adult named John. But it's none of my business. So you like Ice?" Sei asked, giving his signature grin. "Know what? Don't answer that. Know why? I have some questions. Liiiiike.. How many times has Seth died?" Sei asked. Sei didn't care about the doll, but he was curious about how he got mixed up with a contractor. It was obvious the boy had some sort of early trauma, causing him to call this.. Doll 'Seth.'

Shion

Shion stayed behind. Watching Kendal leave. Shion shivered, obviously shaken up about so things. Shion decided to move on, walking on until her eyes began to close. Shaking it off, Shion ran toward a nearby building. Shion knew she would have to go in, or she'd be killed in her sleep. Shion stood, overlooking the building with weary eyes. That's when Shion realized how much shaking she was doing. Shion wasn't cold. She.. She was sad. Sad that a boy like Chris had gone through that. Shion forced back her tears and continued up the front wrecked-lawn stairs. The building was vacant, and there appeared to be a hammock hanging from the walls. Shion sprawled out, think about what the mind reader had said. That person wasn't human. But he was called Seth, and soon took the place of the brother Chris killed.

Years

Leon Blair

Leon awoke to the sounds of birds on the window of the grubby apartment he was currently calling home. Groaning he pushed himself out of the squeaky old single bed he had slept in. Within twenty minutes Leon was washed, dressed and had his equipment with him ready.

He was unlikely to hear from TALON, even about the incident with Charlie, until the afternoon at least so Leon decided to go out for breakfast and then scope the more underground areas of the city for information on the female contractor he had run into during the events of the previous night.

Leon ate at a cheap Indian restaurant near the area he was heading to and not long after found himself strolling a crowded market area. Hastily erected wooded stalls lay in tatters with low quality merchandise sitting on rickety and soggy shelves as it had rained during the night. Leon was looking for one of the marketers shadier proprietors - a man that sold information.

Years
Chris and John

"You don't know anything about Seth!" Chris felt his hands shake slightly. He was getting upset again. Why would he say such rude things about Seth? John looked down in disgust. This saku character is beginning to upset Chris. John looked down at Chris.

"Stay calm chris, he's just trying to spite you." Chris's arms started to change their color. It faded blue slightly. Black ice formed around Chris's feet. "Chris calm down!"

"Tell me what you mean." Chris looked at saku with a empty expression. "Please, tell me." John backed away and stared at Chris. This isn't going to end in a good way. Chris eyes changed color. They were now tinted grey. As he stared at saku, the ice covered more of the surrounding area.

"Chris, please stop." He stared at Chris. Chris moved towards saku slowly.

"I'm going to kill you!" Chris shouted at saku. John pulled out his knife and striped Chris. As Chris fell onto the ground, he screamed. John held his knife inches away from Chris's nose.

"I said stop."

PsychoticMoonlight

Beautiful Insanity
Years

Sakumaru

Saku grinned wickedly. To him this was entertaining. Stepping in front of Johns blade and pushing it away, Saku's expression became soft and gentle as he turned to Chris. He stared at the boy intensely with a soft smile. "I know Seth is your brother, and I'm sorry for being so rude, but how old is he?" Saku asked, ruffling Chris' hair.

Shion

Shion had been up early, and was outside prowling the city. It had been crazy hectic yesterday, and she hoped for more peace today. Shion had been up early due to the fact she couldn't stay in one place for to long. Shion had been walking when she noticed an argument going on. Two humans we're arguing over rent money. Shion ignored it and moved on. This city and area was all about money. Even contractors lowered themselves to the level of a human, fighting for money, when they could simply refuse to pay and kill them. It's pathetic. A contractor doesn't need money to survive, we can take what we want. Shion thought. The thought of being left with the idea that maybe she needed money made her furious. Shion's hand sparked with electricity. She needed to calm down before she did something she'd regret.

Sephear

Years

Kendal Shaar & Shion Hougi: The night before, part I

Spoiler:

Kendal Shaar, present day: Shanty Town Bazaar

Kendal blinked as a bit of harsh sunlight filtered through a hole in the wall and into his eyes. "Nuther day nuther...whatever I-Oh that's right, Shion! I guess I better get going, not everybody's a night owl like me, don't wanna keep her waiting...I like my lungs." The scatterbrained contractor made his way to a broken down marketplace filled with stalls of mostly nasty stuff he liked to call "The Shanty-Town Bazaar." While he admired some of the stalls and scrunched his face up at others he thought he noticed some guy he had seen before. That guy with the jacket looks familiar...did we work on the same job at some point? Oh well.

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
Years
Nicole Rostat- SRCA Rookie *forgive the bad spelling, did this just managing to keep one eye open before I crawl off to bed! Hope it's ok :) *

Nicole shifted once more on her crate as she leant forward with her elbows onto a paint curled windowsill. Behind a grease smeared glass pane, cracks creeping through the translucent material like spiders webs, the young officer survived her area with an air of disappointment. That previous night had shown a spike of activity within the areas and just about everyone had been called in to check out. All bar her.

The rookiest of them all, she had been given a watchers job, which did not suddenly became a key aspect of their day no matter how many times they told her it was. It was a job given to people when they wanted them out of the way temporarily and so she found herself here, stuck on a create which creaked dangerously in a rickety roofed building which leaked last night's rain. The smell of damp was enough to make her throat close and gag on more than one occasion, while beyond the windowpane lay an equally depressing sight.

Nicole called the place the shambles, just one of many nicknames this market place had earned itself. Coat covered figures shuffled dreary through the small structures, which only the brave enough of people would call stalls. To Nicole they were unturned boxes, dusted with a fine covering of black mould and nothing else.

Sniffing unpleasantly, she shifted again in an on-going mission to find the one comfy spot on her perch, as she listened to the ear piece, set firmly in her ear as it buzz for everyone else bar her. With her attention span now boarding on none existent, the girl blew at a stray strand of autumn hair before catching her faint reflection in the glass.
The familiar oval shaped face stared back at her with slate grey eyes, set behind a fine framed pair of glasses which caught the light when she turned her head. Straight, autumn hair cropped from the top of her head like plumes of flames, the majority of which she had strung back into a long plat which lay over her shoulder limply. Wintery pale skin stretched over high cheek bones and a small pointed nose, while her lips smirked absentmindedly back at herself.

It was a pretty face, Nicole found herself thinking, if only the scar would somehow simply fade away.

Here she realised that without thought, her fingers had reached up to trace the fine line of crimson flesh which plucked up from the rest in a shiny mound of colour. Red standing out from white like a runner's dream from Mirror's edge, as it followed down from her ear to her chin.

The smirk on her lips quickly turned sour, as with a sudden jerking motion she pulled forward her hair to cover the offending mark, ever the reminder of her forgotten pass.
It was now that the girl, fed up and thoroughly bored, stood and stretched, grabbing her coat and quickly pulling on the large piece over her black body protection which hide beneath it a small build. The ear piece which clicked gently in her ear was pulled out and set to rest at her collar she grabbed the rest of her stuff, consisting of a small note pad and pen, and shoved them into her pockets before turning and leaving the small shack.
She needed a walk, just a small opportunity to stretch her legs, she thought, trying to justify leaving her post. But when she came up with nothing, she promptly chooses to ignore the gnawing guilt and pulled up her coat collar to keep out the cold, stepping out into the shambles.

Most people didn't even look her way, which was a good thing. Usually if anyone was trying to hide something they would stare, flinch or simply make a run for it, which all in all, made Nicole's life a hell of a lot easier and at least meant something interesting would happen. Yet as her second swap came and went with no one even glancing at her, a small angry flame began to burn.

Come on. Somebody run. I will even settle for a flinch. Just give me something!

Back