• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

21 Shiny Swablu in the Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

BugBoyTroy

Professor in-training
Years
Username: trotz59
Game: HeartGold
Ultimate: No
Gen V FC for raffle: 0605 6948 2331

So I know this is really late to enter (especially with a game that has 16 gyms) but this just seems like so much fun, and the minute I saw marching band I got super excited (I'm in colorguard, myself). I will try my very best to get it done and will probably post an update every night for the next three days or so haha.

Team:
Johto has always been my favorite region, and since this challenge is all about your favorites, I thought I should add in a splash of my own. So I'm using an entire team of gen 2 pokemon! (with the exception of Mamoswine which evolves from a gen 2 pokemon, Piloswine).

1. Umbreon - Favorite
2. Jumpluff - True Alabamian
3. Sudowoodo - Crimson Tide Striker
4. Mamoswine - Team Mascot
5. Delibird - Marching Musician
6. Teddiursa - Plushie

Last edited:

11wildy

Me!
Years
Well, I got an unexpected free day today, so I decided t go all out for the challenge. Went through Kanto speedrun style, having done all 8 gyms within one session of a few hours. Now lets see if I can beat Red while my only Pokemon higher than level 45 is a level 50 Umbreon.

Edit: I started the Red battle at 4.00 PM. Ended at 4:45. 45 minutes of intense fighting. BUT I DID IT!

Final team:
Umbreon lvl 50
-Bite
-Toxic
-Zap Cannon
-Iron Tail

Togetic lvl 45
-Fly
-Double-Edge
-Psychic
-Flash

Piloswine lvl 44
-Powder Snow
-Headbutt
-Earthquake
-Icy Wind

Kingler lvl 45
-Strength
-Surf
-Whirlpool
-Guillotine

Sudowoodo lvl 46
-Rock Slide
-Low Kick
-Dynamicpunch
-Faint Attack

Cyndaquil lvl 45
-Cut
-Flame Wheel
-Dig
-Rollout

Red battle:

Piloswine VS Pikachu
*Piloswine used Earthquake*

Sudowoodo VS Charizard
*Sudowoodo used Rock Slide*

Umbreon VS Espeon
*Umbreon used Bite multiple times, while barely taking any damage*

Sudowoodo VS Snorlax
*Sudowoodo used Low Kick and Dynamicpunch a lot, while Snorlax kept using Rest. After 30 minutes I managed to get lucky with confusion so it couldn't Rest*

Togetic VS Venusaur
*Togetic uses Flash 4 times, then Psychic a few times, while Venusaur had trouble dealing damage*

Umbreon VS Blastoise
*Umbreon used Toxic and missed a Zap Cannon. Fainted to a critical hit Hydro Pump in Rain. Sent out Cyndaquil to use a Revive. Then use Full Restore to stall, until Blastoise missed Hydro Pump. Finished with Zap Cannon*

Last edited:

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
Sixth and final update on my ultimate HeartGold challenge. With Red defeated, the challenge is complete! :D Play time is 80:49. I'm always slow.
Spoiler:

The final team:
Spoiler:

Years
Trainer Alba
Badges: Zephyr, Hive, Plain, Fog, Glacier, Storm, Mineral, Rising, [L]

Currently: Taking on the League
Will vs Albatross
Bite OHKO across the board
Koga vs Albatross
Ariados got Bite OHKO, Forretress did... something, but was Thunder OHKO'd, Venomoth went down to two headbutts, muk was thunderko'd, and crobat was another biteko. Albatross hit level 66 at some point in the battle.
Bruno vs Sleek
Wing attack OHKOs to the first four, onix was a metal claw-ko
Karen vs Sleek
Swords danced, got sand attacked by umbreon, then metal claw-ko'd the entire team except murkrow, as the first attack missed. It got in eight damage, then we ko'd it. Sleek reached level 66.
-Taught Beat Icy Wind, having realised that it can take out grass types threatening Beat just as well
Lance vs Beat
Gyarados was horn attack 2hko, Dragonite1, 2 and 3 icywind OHKO, aerodactyl and charzard waterfall OHKOs. Beat grew to level 66.

Johto League down.

Team:
Spoiler:

X and Z the HM masters
Psyduck and Paras
March the Whirlpooler
Gyarados*
Ikkaruhi
Tentacool* aw yiss.

-~-~-
Sleek is a steel type.
Hammer is a yellowhammer/ northern flicker

-~-~-
*sobs*
I don't like rock tunnel I don't like rock tunnel I don't like rock tunnel at least when I have to navigate it in the dark four times
*sobs more*
-~-
sweet blessed freedom I never have to go through rock tunnel ever again.
In this game anyway.
-~-
Oh godsdammit, I never got the radiocard. Back to Johto for meeee...

-~-
Oh sodding hells, I need cut to get to Erika's gym, don't I...
ghggghggggggggnooooooooopeeeeeeee
-~-
WAit
Move Deleter
Is a thinggggggg

-~-
Tore through the Kanto gyms, team now level 70 all around.
RED DOWN
Badges: Zephyr, Hive, Plain, Fog, Glacier, Storm, Mineral, Rising, [L], Thunder, Marsh, Cascade, Soul, Boulder, Volcano, Rainbow, Earth, [R]
Team:
Spoiler:

Led off with Tascor. Pikachu got in a quick attack for entirely negligible damage then got taken out with Earthquake.
Venusaur somehow withstood Puff's first flamethrower, but I think it used sunny day? It went down on the second hit anyway.
Espeon took two drill pecks from Hammer and was dropped.
Blastoise took Albatross's thunder and went down.
Snaorlax was unprepared for the swordsdanced metal claw that Sleek launched and went down in a single hit.
Charizard was taken out by a surf and a waterfall from Beat (it did admittedly do a chunk of damage with flamethrower in the one turn it got, though.)
ysck.png

Last edited:

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
Years
Okay, time for my third update... and I really think i should hurry up since 31st August is fast approaching! :S

UPDATE III : A somewhat big update
  • decided to change the nickname of all my Pokemon! :P
  • arrived in Fallarbor, and met this Lanette girl.
  • caught Fluff, the Swablu
  • defeated Magma Leader Maxie
  • arrived at Lavaridge
  • defeated Gym Leader Flannery
  • Lair evolved into Lairon (did i mention changing my Pokemon's nicknames earlier? XD)
  • gave Meteorite to Cozmo guy
  • defeated Gym Leader Norman
  • caught a Lotad to be yet another HM slave

MY CURRENT TEAM​

286.png

Braile, the Quiet Breloom (Female) - Lv34 @None
Effect Spore
Mega Drain | Headbutt | Mach Punch | Counter

255.png

Ture, the Rash Torchic (Male) - Lv31 @Everstone
Blaze
Quick Attack | Overheat | Peck | Ember

305.png

Lair, the Lax Lairon (Male) - Lv33 @None
Rock Head
Metal Claw | Iron Defense | Iron Tail | Take Down

333.png

Fluff, the Mild Swablu (Female) - Lv33 @Macho Brace
Natural Cure
Peck | Secret Power | Steel Wing | Sing

BugBoyTroy

Professor in-training
Years
T_T I'm not gonna finish in time at all. Been to busy packing for college.

Update 1

Defeated Falkner

Only using a male totodile, mareep, and wooper for now until I get hoppip. I'll post details later tonight if I've at least gotten past Jasmine

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Ok, I have been slacking on this challenge for a while. It's just that, with school in the way, it's been hard to get any progress done. Plus, I got a new computer for my birthday on August 6, and my old computer want to family. So, the hard drive got wiped, including my save data. I did still make progress on it, though. I think I had a Combusken and a Beautifly. Do I still get entered for the Swablu? If not, I understand. See you later!

Noir

Sir Lucious Left Foot
Years
Well it took a while but I sat down throughout the week and pretty much put this thing on blast. I'm really happy I chose platinum to do this challenge in, since it's actually made me see how cool a region Sinnoh is as a whole and what fun villains Team galactic are.

Things I learned:

- You can get Earthquake before the 3rd Gym on this game. Snatch it
- Platinum is really kind with giving you good places to level up actually.
- Rhydon is the ultimate clutchmon
- Altaria's usefulness skyrockets the moment you get Dragon Claw. Ingame Roost + Dragon Dance wants something to abuse it.
- Everything that can poison you, will posion you

Rick (Walrein) ♂ | The Mascot | Level 65
Relaxed Nature | Ice Body
Surf | Encore | Hail | Blizzard

Camellia (Roserade) ♀ | The Alabamian | Level 63
Bashful Nature | Poison Point
Giga Drain | Growth | Leech Seed | Stun Spore

Terry (Rotom) | The Band Member | Level 68
Bold Nature | Levitiate
Discharge | Shadow Ball | Substitute | Overheat

Lui (Togetic) ♂ | The Plushie | Level 60
Brave Nature | Serene Grace
Return | Encore | Wish | Yawn

Roxanne (Rhydon) ♀ | The Striker | Level 66
Rash Nature | Rock Head
Swords Dance | Earthquake | Stone Edge | Strength

Juli (Altaria) ♀ | The Petil | Level 63
Quiet Nature | Natural Cure
Dragon Dance | Roost | Fly | Dragon Claw

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Only at Lavender Town so far but I'll probably finish the rest today. Can I just say that only having one Pokémon with a move that can deal decent damage Graveler/Onix is a pain.

Liam (Pikachu) Lv28.
Moves: Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Slam, Thunder Wave.

Sydian (Nidorina) Lv30.
Moves: Scratch, Poison Sting, Bubblebeam, Double Kick.

Harry (Fearow) Lv28.
Moves: Peck, Mirror Move, Leer, Fury Attack.

Zayn (Onix) Lv25.
Moves: Tackle, Screech, Bind, Rock Throw.

Comet7

Star of the show
Years
Update #5!!! I'm in the distortion world right now, and I will finish the rest on time!
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

EDIT: I didn't finish, I only got through Aaron before getting RNG screwed against Bertha, but I was out of time after I beat Aaron anyway.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Okay guys. I just did the update, and when I was going through, I noticed a lot of people started omitting the raffle part of the sign up, which makes me wonder if people didn't know it was there or they just didn't want to be in, but didn't let me know. This is why I need people to fill out the sign up forms exactly as I post them, guys. And I had a lot of people say "Oh I'll edit in my FC later" and I never saw it. I'm not going to draw the raffle winners just yet. I'm going to give everyone that didn't sign up for the raffle or didn't post their FC one day to VM me letting me know if you want to be in on the raffle and I'll edit it in.

Whether you want in on the raffle or not, I need everyone to check the list and make sure they are listed correctly. If you have a star by your username, it means you're in the raffle. If you are not in the champion list and need to be there, please VM me with a link to your final update. I ain't about that searching life. If you don't notify me by the deadline, then too bad, too sad.

And for some good news, Mac did our raffle prizes and they're simply amazing! Can't wait to draw the tickets, so please, if I missed anything in your sign up and messed up somewhere, VM me and let me know!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Double posting because I can, and I'm opening the thread again for a few days cause now we have the winners!

The three winners of the Swablu are:
Spoiler:

And the winner of the Altaria is...

Spoiler:

Congratulations, you guys! As I said in the previous post, Mac RNGed these beauties (click on their name for a link to their Pokecheck page), so please make sure you thank him and tell him he did a great job! The Swablu have a preset name already, but Kravex, make sure you let me know what name you want for your Altaria (or if you don't want one, that's cool too) so that Mac can name it. Unfortunately, I'm still going to be busy for a while before I'll be able to trade the Swablu to the winners. I also have to get them from Mac first, so we'll jump that hurdle when we get there, haha.

Thank you all for your patience and for participating! As soon as the emblem for this challenge gets uploaded, you'll all be getting one! Thanks for everything, guys! Hope you enjoyed this challenge, and again, congratulations to the winners of the raffle! :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Triple posting! Emblems have been given, prizes are still being held. You're free to contact Mac if you don't want to wait on me to get ahold of the prize. If I missed your emblem, please contact me via VM! Thanks for participating, birds! See you at the next event!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back