• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
dude you have to set it at Flash 128k just to play the game, so that does not help, and remember the game automatically resets after the elite 4 campaign.

Now for Prince editing the gym leaders, I don't approve of that, if he does I'm guessing I'll have to go edit the gym leaders myself, so I hope Wes updates the gym list after he completes the game.
You do realize that VBA saves the files as .SAV instead of .SGM, I don't know what emulator your using but VBA saves them as normal save files. :\

I've never had a problem like this, because in the old Beta 3, when I beat the Zheri League I was put back in the hometown, if your using a different emulator switch to VBA.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
If I recall you had help translating beta #2, I am not saying you edited them, but what the gym leaders had in beta 2 were not the same as listed in the gym list in the 1st post.

Now for Prince editing the gym leaders, I don't approve of that, if he does I'm guessing I'll have to go edit the gym leaders myself, so I hope Wes updates the gym list after he completes the game.

Calm down, Xtreme, I will not do that in the 3rd Beta.

Here's what I'll do:
1. Translate the Beta and then release it.
2. Make a harder version for those who want a challenge.
The file will be named as: Pokemon LP Beta 3 X.

Now, I'll comment on the updates. You don't have to apologize for
posting your updates late, because you should always take your time in creating LP.

The updates are promising.
I'm looking forward to translating this Hack.
Good luck.

Years
whoah this hack is unbelievable, i honestly believe this could be the best yet and its probably the most detailed and graphical hack ive ever seen, simply amazing, a true 10/10 i really cannot wait for the final release, infact i will play the non-translated one i cant wait that much, anyways hope it finishes out well. Oh and are all legendaries capturable?????? and are there gonna b any 5th gen pokemon????

Years
I don't think there will be Generation 5 Pokemon because we don't know most of their moves, evolutions, etc. I believe many legendaries will be in the final beta like Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, Groudon, Kyogre, etc. We just have to wait patiently for the Final beta to come out. I think Wesley has 10% more left of either the game or maps.

Years
Calm down, Xtreme, I will not do that in the 3rd Beta.

Here's what I'll do:
1. Translate the Beta and then release it.
2. Make a harder version for those who want a challenge.
The file will be named as: Pokemon LP Beta 3 X.

Good luck.

That is a good idea, because I don't like facing over powered gym leaders due to the fact I mostly train in trainer battles.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
I don't think there will be Generation 5 Pokemon because we don't know most of their moves, evolutions, etc. I believe many legendaries will be in the final beta like Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, Groudon, Kyogre, etc. We just have to wait patiently for the Final beta to come out. I think Wesley has 10% more left of either the game or maps.
10% of the maps are left which means that the scripts are not all the way to that point unfortunately. Scripts take up probably the most time in the making of a hack because you have to consider so many NPCs and variables to tie it all together.

cspmoneymaker

Now we're talking,90% ? This is the perfect for me to finish my exam !!! :laugh:

DMAC

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2015
I noticed on the first page that the game is no longer in .ips format, but .rar. I really want to play this hack and have been a fan since the begining. I was wondering if the game could be posted in a .ips format or maybe someone could tell me the best way to run it on .rar because i have never used that type of file. Thanks.

BTW...Wes the new updates are AWESOME!!!! Great Job

ase

learning How to Hack
Years
D-Mac you either need to get WinRAR, a rar extracter and extract or you can go on freefileconverter.com and convert it to a ZIP file and extract then you'll need to patch it

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2015
since you said that it is 90% complete, i get 3 times a day to see if you have released the complete version.

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2014
I have to say great game and i love the harder translated version , but it's not that hard .

But there some bugs i noticed : first of all , there are some trainers that have pokémons without moves and they use struggle since the begining , it's in the translated version , i'm not very sure for the original version .

Alsl there is some pokemons that use attacks that they can't learn , for example i encountered a noctowl with surf and a wailord with jump kick .

In the last battle's agains't gold ans the female ranger , when we are in the routes , the message box shows and the battle run but without having the overworld sprites .

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2011
wow this hack has come a long while last i saw it, and it's almost complete too! that hard version also sounds interesting, probably wait till that's done. good luck!

msfan645

Back from Inactivity
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 11, 2013
Halp!

Ermm.. white screen. It shows blank when I open it pls help! I can't play it!

Wyatt999

Eevee Collector
Years
Ermm.. white screen. It shows blank when I open it pls help! I can't play it!

Same with me. I patched it correctly, white screen. I re-downloaded a clean USA Ruby ROM and patch and patched it again. Still a white screen. :'(

Tried it in VBA and on a real GBA.

Last edited:
Back