• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
I inserted my big Intro sprites into my game. They come out fine so I'm inclined to believe that I did something right. However after choosing a name they look minorly different. The rival is the strangest part. Again, everything is fine.

View attachment 62270

However again, after choosing a name manually this happens.

View attachment 62271

I used Dante's tutorial, I don't understand why this happens. Can someone please help me?
It looks like the palette is reloaded, so there must be a second one somewhere. Or maybe you forgot to change a pointer? Either way, search for that palette and edit it to match the one you want.

Sephiroth2009

Banned
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2011
It looks like the palette is reloaded, so there must be a second one somewhere. Or maybe you forgot to change a pointer? Either way, search for that palette and edit it to match the one you want.
Thanks for the reply. But I don't know.

I checked "automatically fix pointers". And I used the same palette as the rival. Saved it as act, oped it with Gimp and inserting the palettes into the rival black and white sprite. I than saved it, used the unindexed image and pasted it over the rival sprite. saved it than opened it with Gimp and inserted the palette file again to see if it would remain the same, in which it did. I had to change the background color to match the rival's though with Paint but I doubt that had influence. Anyway with the rival saved I inserted into unlz with a new offset.

So I just don't understand what the problem is.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Wew...
I searched this thread and the old archive for my question, but unfortunately, all I found was dust x,x

Anyway, I have 2 questions. I hope anyone can help me. :)
First, can anyone tell me how to make Latios start to roam around the region?
Second, can anyone tell me how to properly use the 'createvirtualsprite' command in XSE?

Thanks~

Years
Does anyone know how I would be able to edit the breeding in a pokemon game? I'm creating new pokemon and I want them to breed the way they're supposed to.
I'm reposting this because no one answered. But also, does anyone know if there is a place to find a "dictionary" of all the pksv commands? Just wondering if something like that existed.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 8, 2021
Would someone be able to explain to me how exactly to figure out the hex blocks for moves? I'm trying to work with the "physical/special split in gen 3" patch for Emerald, but since it only defines the engine for it and not the moves themselves, I'm pretty lost.

If you're wondering, here's the link to the patch download. The way the engine works is that it uses the second padding byte in each move to determine its status as either a physical or special move, instead of on a type basis. For example, this is Pound (in Fire Red, at least):

Code:
00 28 00 64 23 00 00 00 33 00 [B]01[/B] 00
The bolded number is the padding byte. 00 is physical, 01 is special, and 02+ is status. I understand how it works. Sadly, I haven't a clue where this hex for each move IS (this snippet included), so this doesn't help me much at all. :( I also don't know much about hex editing to begin with, so it's a bit rough navigating the data without any idea where I should be looking.

Years
Would someone be able to explain to me how exactly to figure out the hex blocks for moves? I'm trying to work with the "physical/special split in gen 3" patch for Emerald, but since it only defines the engine for it and not the moves themselves, I'm pretty lost.

If you're wondering, here's the link to the patch download. The way the engine works is that it uses the second padding byte in each move to determine its status as either a physical or special move, instead of on a type basis. For example, this is Pound (in Fire Red, at least):

Code:
00 28 00 64 23 00 00 00 33 00 [B]01[/B] 00
The bolded number is the padding byte. 00 is physical, 01 is special, and 02+ is status. I understand how it works. Sadly, I haven't a clue where this hex for each move IS (this snippet included), so this doesn't help me much at all. :( I also don't know much about hex editing to begin with, so it's a bit rough navigating the data without any idea where I should be looking.
The move has a 12-byte data structure. The order is: 1. effect, 2. base power, 3. type, 4. accuracy, 5. pp, 6. effect accuracy, 7. target that the move will affect, 8. priority, 9. unknown byte, 10,11 and 12 are padding.
Just go to a hex editor, search the location of the move you want to edit by ctrl+f, and change the 11th byte.

An example, if you want to change acientpower into a special move, use ctrl+f and search the following:
8C 3C 05 64 05 0A 00 00
8C for the effect which may boost all the stats
3C for the 60 base power
05 for rock type
64 for 100 accuracy
05 for pp
0A for 10% that may cause boosting of all stats
00 for targeting at one enemy
00 for having no priority

then counting from 8C, find out the 11th byte and change it into 01

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2013
Im currently hacking a fire red rom and i have found a huge bug, when i go into a battle then select the bag option in the battle interface the game restarts to the start screen at the beginning of the game, i havent added any scripts yet. do i have to set a flag or anything? (i copied the file and made a give pokemon script also and it still occurs)

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
I'm using map connections and using a different tileset 2 on the second map. However it doesn't load the different tileset when I go into the next map, it keeps the original so It looks all messed up, how do I fix this?
There is no fix, but there is a workaround.

Let's say that you're using Tileset A as your minor tileset on Map A, and Tileset B on Map B. The two maps are connected. Whatever tiles you use near the edges of the maps -- Tilesets A and B must share those tiles, and the tiles have to have the same numbers in each. (For example, if a tree stump in A is block $304, then it must also be block $304 in B.) All other tiles may differ between the two tilesets, though.

Im currently hacking a fire red rom and i have found a huge bug, when i go into a battle then select the bag option in the battle interface the game restarts to the start screen at the beginning of the game, i havent added any scripts yet. do i have to set a flag or anything? (i copied the file and made a give pokemon script also and it still occurs)
When was the last time your ROM worked? What changes have you made to it since then?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2013
so i went back into my backup files and it still worked when i change the pewter city into a map for a route (3.2) then it stopped working once i made one of the rooms from a building into a second part of the map connecting it up top (6.0). both contain grass with pokemon in them.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
so i went back into my backup files and it still worked when i change the pewter city into a map for a route (3.2) then it stopped working once i made one of the rooms from a building into a second part of the map connecting it up top (6.0). both contain grass with pokemon in them.
Could you be a bit more specific about what parts of the maps you changed, and when exactly the error occurred?

It's possible that the problem stems from changing your maps... However, I think it's more likely that you damaged something earlier, and that changing the maps is what made the damage actually become a problem.

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2013
I remapped the entire things. changed the dimensions and and all the map tiles. The error started to occur somewhere between 2 of my map backup files the last one where it started working i had tiled the whole starting city in pewter city. it started crashing after i redid the map tiles for a room in pewter city and connected it to the top of that so it was like one long route. Sorry if i'm not exactly giving you the information you want im pretty new to this

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2013
I've been trying to add some person events to my map on advance map, but everytime I save it after adding them I get this error message:
errorenk.png

When I delete the person events it works just fine, but if I save it with them when I return to the map the error message flashes up again and the person events have randomised locations, sprites and scripts offsets. Anyone have any idea whats going on?

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
Ok, I've been hacking for a little while. I only starting looking at scripting recently, but I havn't got too far into it yet. What I'm asking for is not necessarily for someone to write a script for me, but to describe to me how to do it. (I wouldn't say no if someone offered though xP)

Description: You talk to a guy. He gives you a message then leaves the map via a map connection. (Movements: Up, Right.) He then stays there. Even if you leave the map. As soon as you pass through the same map connection as he has, if you try to pass back through, He will stop you with a message saying something like 'Can't go back' and you take a step upwards. When you talk to him he has a flag if it's not activated, just a standard messsage. If you have a pokemon (So it's the 0x828 flag?) Then another message comes up before he leaves the map (Movements: Left, Down, Down, Right.) If your in the way you move up one. You can now leave that map and as soon as you enter it's connection you move to point A on the image below. A guy appears at point B and walks to point C. A trainer battle initiates. If you win. The guy leaves the way he came. The original guy comes up to you and gives you a message. Another guy walks up to him, gives him a message. The original guy turns to you and gives you a message and fianlly they all walk away.

If anyway can help me (let alone read it all lol) I would be VERY appreicative.

Spoiler:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
OK, here's my first question here ever.
Recently I decided to go for another try at scripting. However, my XSE is going weird as usual. It had never occurred to me to post my problems here. But I really need help. :(

So, I opened the mini-FSF in Advance-Map. I found a free offset (EA1D69EA), added a new sprite, and applied the script to him. I clicked open script and...
Code:
'-----------------------
#org 0x21D69E
comparevars2 0x2252 0x2222
hidesprite2 0x2222 0x0 0x44
callasm2 0x25522322
comparevars2 0x22 0x4222
comparevars2 0x2222 0x2222
comparevars2 0x2200 0x2222
nop
comparevars2 0x2222 0x2200
waitmovement2 0x22 0x22 0x22
waitmovement2 0x2222 0x22 0x42
comparevars2 0x2200 0x4222
getplayerpos 0x2222 0x2222
nop
callasm2 0x42222222
comparevars2 0x2222 0x5200
comparevars2 0x22 0x0
nop
nop
nop
nop
nop
nop
removeitem 0x0 0x3300
nop
goto 0x52330000
nop
nop
comparevars2 0x5201 0x0
comparevars2 0x52 0xF100
comparevartofarbyte 0xC0 0xFFF3EDF3
nop
nop
nop
nop
nop
nop
nop
nop
nop
nop
nop
nop
nop
nop
nop
nop
nop
applymovement2 0x2224 0x22233400 0x0 0x0
playsong2 0x2222
nop
removeitem 0x4222 0x0
applymovement2 0x2445 0x22222400 0x2 0x0
callasm2 0x25002222
I deleted this all and typed in:
Code:
#dynamic 0xEA1D69EA
 #org @start 
lock
 faceplayer 
message @1 0x6 
release 
end 

#org @1 
= Hello.
However, when I compiled the script and closed it, I then opened it again and it had gone back to that nonsense that it was at the start.

...So...yeah.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Could you show us the hex data located at and around the script? XSE has a hex viewer that you can use to screenshot it. My guess is that there is data already in that location that is not a script.

As for your recompile attempt not replacing the garbled data, this is because you used the "dynamic" directive. This tells XSE to look for free space at or after the specified offset, and to compile only to free space. So your script is somewhere after the garbled data. If you wish to compile a script to a known offset, you must use offsets instead of @-prefixed name labels (e.x. "#org 0x800000").

Years
Does anyone have a list of sounds in FR? (NOT music, sounds)

Spoiler:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Does anyone have a list of sounds in FR? (NOT music, sounds)

Here is a list of sounds that was largely compiled by Darthatron - I just wrote out the last couple that weren't in it and correlated some to moves that use them.

Spoiler:

EDIT: Ninja'd... kinda :P

Years
Hi,

Okay, stumbled upon a new problem i have,
i don't really know what the solution could be, or where to find it,
hope it could be found right here...

so i recently removed all known maps of the game FR and added some new ones from myself, now, everything if want it to work is working fine, but whenever i faint (run out of pokemons) i don't return to (in this case) my mom, but the screen just goes black and doesn't change.

normally you should start over at you own place, or the last visited center, but that never happens to me, anyone got an idea?

Greetz ShaHar

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2013
i have some sort of problem going on with my advance map i think, when i plug in a script that i knows right and its all compiled and everything it just crashes the game. iv tried a couple different versions of a-map and some scripts work on some and some on others. anyone else have this problem/ know about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back